Canada Post Employee Reviews

Pretty good place to work
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ONSeptember 20, 2016
Things has changed lots in the 9 years I have worked there.. and not for the better. More demands more hours. Management is nasty and looking for reasons to fire people.
Pros
great pay, Monday to friday
Cons
not good for your mental health
Nothing good about this place beside it paying you money
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  OntarioSeptember 18, 2016
A typical day at work here, would be sorting mail and flyers for your assigned walk which can take upwards of 1.5 hrs(more like 2+ if its busy and you're new to the walk). Then you must sort packets and parcels, scan everything and load the truck to deliver. Most routes can not be done in 8 hrs without you missing lunch and breaks... however management who has never done a route before will say its easy or must be done in that time frame.

The management is the worst part about this place and its the worst i have ever experienced in all of the workplace settings i have been in. 90% of them will talk down to you in a condescending manner. Act like they can tell you about a job they've never done or cant even do. If you make any mistake they are all over you and will discipline you instead of properly educating you on procedures you might not have been aware of. They will threat and put your job at risk for the littlest things. Its a very negative culture and $19.40 is a decent starting wage but for what you have to do and put up with everyday you start to realize its not worth it. Most ppl just stay here to pay the bills or they dont have any other options.

The only things i enjoy are the co workers, getting paid and being on the road away from the toxic management. I honestly wouldn't recommend this job to anyone because it will only get worse here. Pension and benefits are nice once you get full time which can take 2 years but they want to take those things away.
Pros
Independent work outside, decent pay, co workers
Cons
MANAGEMENT, not secure job, slow or no advancement, low wage increase compared to inflation, everything else besides pro's really...
A decent job
Delivery Agent (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BCSeptember 17, 2016
I would say that canada post has a few drawbacks. Yes, as a new employee you may not get consistent work. However, like most jobs you must put in your time. Once you have been there for a while you get to choose when and what you work. The management is useless almost all the time. Regardless, you can almost always count on your co-workers to help you with every aspect of the job. There will be difficult days, and the stress when you start can be overwhelming. I personally, have gotten used to it and find the job quite easy now that I have got the hang of it. I would recommend applying if you like the outdoors and want to get paid to exercise.
Pros
No supervisors breathing down your neck every hour of the day.
Cons
Injuries can easily happen, be careful
Not friendly at all
RELIEF MAIL CARRIER (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONSeptember 17, 2016
This job was about as bad as it gets - most post offices are dusty and old with fiberglass hanging out of the walls. Management do not have answers to a lot of issues that arise during the day and are bogged down with bureaucratic paperwork to even care about postal employees.
Pros
Job is mindless and easy and you're usually done by 2:00pm
Cons
Everything else
good work uncertain future
Ontario-Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONSeptember 15, 2016
great place to work but an uncertain future makes it tough to consider this as a career for current and future generations. wonderful to work outside and deal with the public.
Pros
monday-friday
Cons
uncertain future
great
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  OntarioSeptember 13, 2016
love the job ;enjoy my staff and co workers. the idea of possible advancement is a great golden ring to me.
the management team that runs this corporation has the interest of the workers behind them and the future looks great.
Pros
laughs
Cons
no laughs
New and Exciting
Volume Counter (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONSeptember 11, 2016
I only worked for this company as a contract employee for 2 weeks. I enjoyed the staff in St. Catharines. They were fun and taught me a lot about their work. I would do it again.
Pros
Great Atmosphere, policies, group
Inside work is awful but outside is much better
Delivery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 9, 2016
I come to work and set up my flyers and route I will be working. My co-workers will be angry and yelling about something to someone including management. Toxic environment to work in. I load up my mail and head to vehicle. After that its amazing. No supervising at that point however during winter we are forced to work overtime and have very little life outside of work. Spring thru Fall is way better to work then winter. The only thing I like is salary and benefits. Everything is terrible.
Pros
Make a lot of money
Cons
Injuries is expected
working is fun
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 9, 2016
Working for Canada Post is fun as long as one can get regular routes to go on or long term assignments. Work is challenging and demands physical fitness as you may be walking upto 30 kms/day.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
winters
Toxic Work Environment at Calgary Plant CMPP
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 29, 2016
As the title specifies extremely toxic work environment. As a Canadian citizen I'm very disappointed with the horrible treatment here in the Calgary Plant. I have been discriminated on a daily basis because I am not Filipino and do not understand their native language they use in the workplace. 60 percent of employees in the plant are foreign workers from Philippines. Management is no better, as most of them do not treat you like a human being rather more like an animal especially the PCR Manager and Tech Services Manager. They take their aggression on postal clerks by making our work lives as miserable as possible for their own benefit. Management does not care about company or anything else except for themselves. Plant Director sits in his office watching TSN nearly everyday!

There are some co-workers who are great to work with as they understand the importance of working together and getting the job done. The most enjoyable part of the job is I made some good friends along the way who I can trust to work with.
Pros
Unionized, Pay and Benefits
Cons
Lousy Management, Strong Lazy Work Ethhics, Worker Discrimination and Harassment, NO DAY SHIFT
Great Place To Work
Full-time employment (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBAugust 27, 2016
Dealing with customer and ensuring the lot was clear and vehicles were cleaned and ready to go. I also did all the Financing, closed deals and dealt with funds.
CPC is not the place it used to be.
Mechanical Supervisor Letter Processing (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2016
CPC is battling with low mail volumes. This is causing an unhealthy work environment. The relationship the Union and Management is at an all time low.
Pros
Good Pay and Benifits
Cons
Poor Management
Volume Counter (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONAugust 25, 2016
I enjoyed being busy and the other employees were great to work with, just wish the job was permanent instead of contract.
Bootcamp like environment
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 24, 2016
Supervisors are 'trained' to conduct themselves like a bootcamp environment. They will not take in consideration the employees opinions and suggestions. Upper management have no compassion for employees personal issues and will discipline regardless of situation. They do not allow employees to communicate amongst one another. They are told to go back to their work station to work. Do not follow health and safety regulations.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Do not care about employees
Informative
Casual Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABAugust 24, 2016
There can be very long hours with great pay and there can also be no hours so the pay really doesn't matter.
Guild lines given but then asked to do more which is outside of guidelines.
Pros
No need for gym membership
Cons
not enough hours
Great Place
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 23, 2016
One of the best employers in Canada. Decent wages and generous benefits. Touching peoples lives daily and connecting dreams
negative atmosphere.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 22, 2016
- negative environment with little to no room for advancement
- corporate culture has no employee engagement
- job itself is great with opportunities to help unroll critical corporate projects to customers with a face to face presence
good camaraderie
Currently Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ONAugust 6, 2016
did all king of different work as require from this trade, instructor, Supervisor, wicket clerk, run and manage an office with 30 or more employee
Temporary Letter Carrier
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 4, 2016
I would not recommend working as a temporary letter carrier. Your on call with no guarantee of work. You can go foe 1 month with no calls.

Avoid this place it is a very toxic work environment. Management lies and will do whatever they can to get away with things.

They are not to be trust many people get harrassed for silly things.
Pros
Pay 19.56 to start not worth it
Cons
Manager who will lie, imposssible to finish on time and get yelled at for bringing back mail and over time.
Awesome place
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 3, 2016
there are challenges everyday and each challenge is different than the other. very organized place and an experience of a lifetime