Canada Post Employee Reviews

Good environment
Factrice (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 December 2016
You need to love working outdoors and you need to be in a very good shape because there is a lot of walking and climbing stairs to make the deliveries.
Pros
Great benefits and salary
Cons
The routes are too long
structure and process driven company
Manager, Operations (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 December 2016
Canada Post is an excellent company to work for, they have competitive wages and good job security, with lots of opportunity for advancement. In my 11 years with Canada Post I held 6 different positions.
the union is amazing but management is not
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON6 December 2016
a typical wrk day is good depending on if management is in a bad mood or decides to pick on you or not, always go into a meeting with a union rep present, never alone they will pick on you 10x more.
Pros
good pay, great hours, being outside
Cons
never trust management they will throw you under the bus
Challenging environment
Director, Internal Audit (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 November 2016
Strong departmental focus and co-operation, faced with challenging interdepartmental relationships and difficulties in obtaining consensus.
Pros
Security of position
Cons
Political interference
Fun place to work with good people, pay, and benefits, but very demanding job
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2016
I had a lot of fun working with Canada Post. I met some great people working there however the job itself is very demanding. The pay is good and you get great benefits after a 480 hour probationary period, however It is not for everybody, especially in the beginning when you are a casual/on call employee. You just have to tough it out to make part time/full time and get your own route. I found the worst part was having to work a new route every assignment, and having to deliver mail from morning till night in freezing winter temperatures with supervisors breathing over your shoulder complaining about you doing too much overtime. This made it very stressful at times but if you are up to the challenge this is a great job for you.
Pros
Good people, good pay, benefits
Cons
Demanding job, long hours, working outdoors(in the winter), high expectations from supervisors
Enjoyable and Healthy Work Environment
Mail Plant Labourer (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 November 2016
The work itself and co-workers are great. Best job i've had yet. The only downsides are that my position is on-call and I don't receive nearly as many hours as I would like to. Would definitely work here full-time and year-round if only I could.
Pros
The Work itself.
Cons
Very few actual hours.
This is a great company to work for!!
Transportation driver, Registration clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 November 2016
Opportunities at Canada Post are unlimited, if your willing to work and learn. Advancement possibilities are endless. Hard work is recognized and acknowledged.
Pros
Great pay and benifets
Cons
Winter weather
Very physical work
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON21 November 2016
Required to prepare product for delivery. must work well with others and the public. Good memory and problem solving required. Lifting up to 50lbs is required as well as a clean driving abstract
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2016
Job Security and good pay all around if you want to be comfortable this job is great. If you are looking for more opportunities you should look somewhere else.
Challenging work
Delivery Planning Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 November 2016
Enjoyed the work and the site work in various provinces.
Management needs to understand to complexity of the work and give deadlines in advance for better project management
Pros
co-workers
Cons
project management lacking
Fast paced workplace and great people to work with
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 November 2016
Great people to work with, always something different, lots of opportunities. Most enjoyable part is being outside. Hardest part of the job , being outside(winter).
Work- life - balance
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 November 2016
When I have a project a typical day is prioritize duties according to the stage of the project. I usually have an early conversation with my team (union, supervisors and colleges), to review the duties and meet the time lines for that day.
I learned our company is evolving in order to be more competitive and be number one in collection and delivery.
My co-workers are very cooperative and the hardest part of the job is when the systems we used to work failed because head office has to deal with and sometimes, we can miss a day of work and projects usually have time lines per stage.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the relations I built at all levels of the organization as my department is the most important in the postal transformation so I deal with Directors, Managers, Superintendent, Supervisors and the Union.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Dead times
Delivery Agent, (Temporary/Casual on Call) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 November 2016
Great compny with lots of chance to grow. Very physical nature of job which requires healthy and happy person. Nature of job is little dangerous but if you are performing your job with attention to your soundings you can avoid job related injuries.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Physically demanding
Instant gratification at end of day return to Depot with empty vehicle.
Suburban Rural Mail Carrier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2016
Every day is different. Flats and letter mail are sorted into the case. Once completed then the sequenced mail is bundled together with the corresponding letter mail, according to postal codes, into appropriate stops.Packets and Parcels are then numbered according to Stops distinguishing which items are for signature, safe drop, collect, leave at the door or parcel box. All mail, packets, parcels and flyers are loaded into your vehicle and transported to appropriate sites. The PDT scanner is used to identify each postal box cleared and how each packet and parcel are delivered.
Pros
good benefits, supplied uniforms
Cons
long hours, heavy lifting
Assistant Postmaster (Current Employee) –  Borden, SK3 November 2016
Canada Post is a fun and busy place to work. Working in a different town when needed has been very beneficial for work experience. The employees are helpful in a time of need.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not enough hours
Would recommend
Process Engineer (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 November 2016
I worked here for one of my co-op terms. You receive your yellow belt in six sigma and I was given a project where I could practice it and learn more about it.

Sometimes you have to come in during odd hours, so a car is recommended.
A job/career that has kept me in fit shape both physically and mentally .
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 October 2016
I truly enjoyed almost every single day that I spent at the post office. My best memories were the many years that I was a letter carrier. Winter , spring , summer , and fall.
Pros
working outdoors and delivery mail and parcels.
Cons
Some very long and challenging days in deep snow and hard rain days.
Wonderful outdoor, people friendly environment.
Delivery Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2016
Great to be working outside and to be dealing with the public on a daily basis. I truly enjoy this job. The sorting and the time at the depot can be a bit boring but at the same time hectic. The true joy of this job is being outside, delivering door to door and meeting the customers along your route.
Professional atmosphere with a light-hearted approach.
Mail and Parcel Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Dingwall, NS25 October 2016
Although I haven't been with the company too long, I've come to enjoy working at Canada Post, and looking forward to completing tasks associated with the type of work I do.
A typical day at work for me begins at 9 A.M. at the local post office, where I unload mail and parcels from our head office for distribution to the customers in my area. After sorting mail for the most efficient sections of delivery, I load them into my vehicle for transport, where I make the necessary stops along my route. After I complete my deliveries, I head back to the office to complete an entry in my daily log, detailing the deliveries I've made, and what parcels I was able to deliver, as well as any that I had to return to my office with to be carded for pick-up by customers.
I've learned to be efficient with my deliveries as it saves time and fuel.
Management is very good to work for. She was quite patient with me when I first began this position. I believe her patience is what contributes to a pleasant place for my co-workers and myself to work in.
The unpredictability of the weather makes it the hardest part of the job, as at times, the weather can be harsh and tricky to drive in.
I think the most enjoyable part of working for Canada Post is the interaction with my co-workers and customers.
Pros
Friendly people, great pay
Cons
Driving in various conditions.
fun
Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC19 October 2016
I have learned how to deal with different type of people. Most enjoyable part is when customers leave happy after i serve them. Sometimes the hardest part is when people needed to show there ID, they never have it with them or dont want to show them.
Pros
discount
Cons
short hours