Canada Post

Canada Post Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not the worst place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee), OntarioNovember 17, 2014
Not the worst place to work but there is no sense of team ethic, very little coaching from upper management and not an overall rewarding career. It is a highly unionize place of employment and although there are collective agreements, the rules are often bent to benefit one party or another.
productive and heavy workload duties
Letter carrier (Current Employee), Brampton ONNovember 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch hour
Cons: long hours
very productive place ..to much work to do regarding delivering ..sorting and driving specially in winter weather..the hardest part is walking to deliver door to door in very cold weather during winter time but on the other hand you enjoy communication with other people and customers that you get to know over the days of working
a very adversarial workplace.
supervisor 2005 (Former Employee), VancouverNovember 11, 2014
Pros: some very good employees
Cons: terrible culture
This was not a good work environment. It was very employee versus management. There was not much teamwork , only do it this way or else. That was the main reason I left. I just couldn't treat people who do a good job the way that management expected supervisors to do.
The worst place I ever worked.
Enjoyed my very short time there
Volume Controller (Former Employee), North Bay, ONNovember 5, 2014
I worked on a two week contract 3 hours per day. During this short time, I enjoyed the work I did and the people I worked with. I only wished the job would have been longer or developed into other opportunities.
Fast paced and enjoyable work environment.
Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 3, 2014
Pros: meet new people, great excersise, competative pay, something new everyday
Cons: cold weather/rain conditions.
I have been a on-call letter carrier for a couple of weeks and I love the work. The fast pace environment really suits my work ethic, and I really enjoy being outside whether its a foot or motorized route. I also love the people aspect of the job, and meeting new customers is always fun.
Excellent physical, fun work.
Letter Carrier (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCOctober 31, 2014
Loved the outdoors, meeting people, excellent excercise.
Transfers to new locations was accessible by seniority
Letter Carrier (Former Employee), Aurora, ONOctober 29, 2014
I met many dedicated and conscientious people, my duties were somewhat repetitive so stress due to job duties was minimized. Management on the whole were fair and understanding.
was a fun atmosphere
Post Office Clerk (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 27, 2014
Pros: admin
Cons: needed more terminals
Liked the day to day operations, however working on busy days I was on my own because they only had one terminal.
A typical day at work
Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 8, 2014
I take great pride in being a letter carrier. I love my job. First thing in the morning, I gather my containers of mail and start sorting. When finished sorting, I gather my parcels and start scanning them. Tie out all mail and put parcels in number sequence to be delivered. Load up my truck and head off to deliver mail for the day.
I respect my job
RSMC REPLACEMENT CONTRACTOR (Former Employee), Nisku, ABOctober 6, 2014
I sort the mail and package , Deliver the package and the mail ,Collect the mail take to the office
i got a great satisfaction from delivering mail
Rural route delivery (Former Employee), dover centre ontSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: learned a new skill an grew self confidence
Cons: heavy loads at times
great job great employees to work with i loved doing my job everyday that i got to work
Good Place to work
Sorter (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCSeptember 22, 2014
Good , high paying job. The only problem is that new hires seem to only get the graveyard shift. I understand its a union shop, however, if they want to retain reliable people, they need to distribute the shifts better.
Fun work place
RSMC (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 19, 2014
Very enjoyable coworkers but not so good management. unorganized for a government company.
GOOD BENEFIT AND COMPENSATION. CLEAN SORROUNDINGS.
Postal Clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: good pay. good benefits. good working environment
Cons: some supervisors are not very encouraging.
I WORKED NIGHTS AND I WORKED WITH PEOPLE OF DIFFERENT CULTURE. IN SPITE OF IT, EVERYONE IS RESPECTFUL OF EACH OTHER. WORK IS RELATIVELY EASY AND COMPENSATION IS WORTHWHILE.
Great job
Letter Carrier/Inside Assistant (Former Employee), Port Alberni, BCSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: excellent work hours & working conditions, good benefits, fair wage
Cons: weather conditions
- typical day consisted of sorting parcels to all letter carrier tubs; pick up, sort and bundle mail & parcels on various routes preparatory to delivery by letter carriers; emptying and distributing monotainers of boxed circulars to applicable work-sites ; input of Change of Address & Hold data & distribution to applicable personnel; updating Route – more... Measurement information.
- have learned skills to facilitate a team approach to the work environment; communication skills; health & safety procedures; organization skills; use of manual & electric operated equipment & leadership techniques.
-ongoing management changes has provided opportunities to work effectively with multiple managing styles.
-interacting in a positive, respectful, team oriented manner with co-workers has resulted in increased productivity, a supportive work environment which encourages creative solutions to workplace challenges and an atmosphere that promotes inclusive &
harmonious work relations.
-hardest part of the job was contractual restrictions in prohibiting workers crossing over job categories to help fellow employees when needed.
-most enjoyable part of the job was working with co-workers & customers and knowing you have made a positive impact. – less
33 year career that fitted my lifestyle perfectly. Met many wonderfull people
Mail Carrier (Former Employee), CalgaryAugust 30, 2014
Pros: physically demanding, fun atmosphere
Cons: working in extreme winter prairie conditions
Preparing mail for delivery. Physically delivering mail in all weather conditions.
Great job working in fresh air, and getting paid to exercise!
Letter Carrier - Collection and Delivery (Former Employee), St. John's, NLAugust 27, 2014
Pros: highly physical job
Cons: long, hard days in the winters, and just as difficult in the hot sun of summer with no shade!
As a unionized environment, there was often issues with interpretation of collective agreement.
The corporation did supply high quality clothing for the outside workers.
Great opportunity to provide customer service.
Fun workplace, manageable and great work.
Job Training (Former Employee), oakville, ONAugust 26, 2014
Best training I had so far. I met different people and and learned different things about Canada post. i learned customer service, and other important details about stamps and mails. My experience was very adventurous and i loved it.
Post Office Clerk
Office Clerk (Current Employee), Misssauga, ONAugust 21, 2014
Pros: fast- paced, friendly, public dealing
Cons: limited employees
Overall, the work environment is well maintained. Management kept team well directed. The work load is medium but very fast paced, dealing with customers, greeting and thanking them at the end of every transaction, or interaction. Being clean, pleasant and knowledgeable of the services offered. Being a service advisor by the employee is not required – more... but always to be aware of what is best for consumer needs. – less
Great bunch of co-workers and managers
Volume Counter (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONAugust 19, 2014
Pros: short hours
Cons: contract was too short
Job consisted of counting the volume of mail per route. I learned about the stress of being a postal worker. Management was great and we were treated very well. My other 18 co-workers were co-operative and it was great to work within a team.

The hardest part of the job was having the postal carriers wait while we counted each piece of mail for their – more... route. Good thing this was a "one off" due to the changing over of the routes.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the fun we had while on this contract. Lots of fun and joking around with everyone on the floor. It was actually a pleasant atmosphere. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Canada Post

Canada Post Corporation, known more simply as Canada Post, is the Canadian crown corporation which functions as the country's – Read more

Canada Post Photos