Canada Post

Canada Post Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 ArialMT;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;} \defta
Postal Clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 11, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Not enough hours
Enjoy working at Canada post most people are friendly mostly sort mail ,load or unload trucks we sort parcels and ad mail (flyers) only thing can't see outside
I have been able to go through all changes within the Corporation and it has given me a good life and made wonderful friendships over the years.
colour code case plans for Letter Carrier (Former Employee), 955/951 Highbury Avenue London ONApril 8, 2015
Pros: Great people, good benefits and pay
Cons: Ongoing union challenges
I have had many opportunities to learn different area of the company and have worked with many challenging personalities. My co-workers were great, friendly helpful people. Management at times can be hard to see the workers point of views. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the start to finish in the work process.
independent and flexible
delivery driver (Former Employee), Jordan, ONMarch 27, 2015
Pros: my own hours
Cons: outdoors
Was a great Job to able to still take care of my kids and make enough money to cover sitters/day-cares so that i may do my job efficiently Was able to work alone and with others during sorting. Small building of only a handful of people and was very friendly.
Abusive
On Call letter carrier (Former Employee), OttawaMarch 25, 2015
Worked as a on Call letter Carrier. Salary is reasonable but the job is extremely demanding mostly physically , Expect to be Deprived from benefits for more than 2 years . The corporation is badly divided into labour and management, and both have separate and totally different rights and benefits, the result is a very wild and cruel senior management. Mostly you'll be used during the harsh winter days to work and unintentionally be used to threaten old employees (those who have high benefits and the corporation want to replace them with cheap employment with no benefits like us. but the good things is that you'll have very nice and easy going colleagues, and you'll be on shape but expect back and knee problems after you just finish the long probation period
It was great working in Retail at Canada Post
Lead Hand/Counter Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 25, 2015
I really enjoyed working in Retail. I had many regular customers that I enjoyed talking to, and selling or up selling product. I had many friends at work with co workers, and supervisors.
Horrible
Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier (Current Employee), Regina, SKMarch 19, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management; and loooooongg hours
It takes forever to sort the amount of mail I have. I have to be in there by about 6 in the morning so that I can get done at a decent time. Management is horrible; they did not send in two weeks from February and still have not sent them in.The co-workers are amazing and are the only bright part of the day;
clean, nice surroundings, beautiful place to work
Material Handler (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 12, 2015
place is new, very well designed, very nice lounge room and locker rooms, nice ventilation system, fun to work, people are friendly.
badplace
Letter Carrier (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 12, 2015
Routes are getting bigger, workload is double, starting wage dropped 4$ hr, headhunters are out, they want high paid people gone, place is going to fold,
RSMC's are not valued like a regular mail carrier.
Rural/Suburban Mail Carrier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 5, 2015
Pros: manager of your own time to an extent
Cons: very, very long and mismanaged days.
Which will only spell big trouble for a company transitioning all its emloyees to RSMC's. Their salary range does not reflect the actual hours demanded of an RSMC.
Postal Clerk (Former Employee), Richmond HillMarch 3, 2015
It was a great environment to work in. A typical day consisted of putting out the mail from the previous day that didn't get sent out and ensuring a smooth operation of the post office for the remainder of the day. This included, signing for mail deliveries, sorting mail for customer pick-up, and addressing customer needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the regular customers because they already knew me so I felt more comfortable and confident in meeting their needs.
Very good employer
Rural Delivery, relieve Driver (Current Employee), Didsbury, ABMarch 3, 2015
I loved my job, just not enough hours being I am just a relieve driver. I sort and deliver mail to the rural areas. I am in the office for a few hours, than on my own with a specific route for delivery.
productive work place
Postal Clerk (Current Employee), Richmond,BCMarch 3, 2015
As a worker I've found that Canada Post is an excellent company to work for. The people there are awesome and easy to get along with.I never knew there was such a high volume of mail being processed everyday right here in Vancouver,BC.
Amazing Place to Work
DELIVERY AGENT (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 27, 2015
Great Atmosphere and great place to work. I love the variety of work each day. It was delivering mail but it was more. I loved the customer service aspect. The hardest part of the job was getting flyers ready each day, but the longer I worked the easier it got.
Great people, great benefits
Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: lots of exercise
Cons: can be physically strenuous during peak times
A typical day at work involves 3 hours of sorting/prepping mail and parcels for delivery, followed by 5 hours of on street work. Depending on the route, there may be on foot delivery, park and go delivery, community mailboxes or any combination of the three. On my current route I have post office clearances and commercial pick ups as well.

The hurried nature of the business allowed me to improve my organizational skills and well as keep physically fit.

The hardest part of the job comes during winter holiday season. The high volume of mail and parcels combined with dangerous walking and driving conditions presents added challenges. During the summer, however, the outdoor exercise is one of the most enjoyable parts of the job. You really get to know your customers as you see them around the neighbourhood frequently.
Good place for unskilled labour.
Postal Clerk (Current Employee), MississaugaFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: paid lunches and personal days
Cons: almost no chance of career development.
Lots of repetitive work. Lots of people with different personalities. Physical job but a lot lighter than many labour jobs.
A fun place to work with a bunch of great people
Volume Count assistant (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 5, 2015
This is a truly wonderful company to work for.
Teamwork was the greatest part of working there.
Management and employees got along really well in a union environment.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a lot of terrific co-workers and postal workers.
able to do my exercise no matter what kind of wheather out there
Letter carrier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: short hours
Cons: being out on the cold
working in a loud environment, management are making sure that all route are being covered each day. everybody are helping out each other. hardest part of the job would be during winter time when there is snow on the ground. the enjoyable part would be the opposite, and able to go home early
Great Job
Rural Rout Delivery (Former Employee), Lindsay, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Absolutely loved it! Very rewarding and provided me with a great income.

Would highly recommend working for Canada Post
Good
Postal Clerk (Current Employee), Transfer in Process from Winnipeg to CalgaryFebruary 3, 2015
I like working at Canada post. Atmosphere is very good and every body is helpful. I learned lot of new work. Working at Canada post is not stress full.
A friendly warehouse setting
Postal Clerk (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 3, 2015
At first, everything seemed unfamiliar and empty, since it was in a remote locations, however as I became more familiar with my co-workers and the management, it became easier to be productive and at the same time enjoy it.

1 2 3 4 5

About Canada Post

Canada Post Corporation, known more simply as Canada Post, is the Canadian crown corporation which functions as the country's – Read more

Canada Post Photos