Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
was a fun atmosphere
Post Office Clerk (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 27, 2014
Pros: admin
Cons: needed more terminals
Liked the day to day operations, however working on busy days I was on my own because they only had one terminal.
A typical day at work
Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 8, 2014
I take great pride in being a letter carrier. I love my job. First thing in the morning, I gather my containers of mail and start sorting. When finished sorting, I gather my parcels and start scanning them. Tie out all mail and put parcels in number sequence to be delivered. Load up my truck and head off to deliver mail for the day.
I respect my job
RSMC REPLACEMENT CONTRACTOR (Former Employee), Nisku, ABOctober 6, 2014
I sort the mail and package , Deliver the package and the mail ,Collect the mail take to the office
i got a great satisfaction from delivering mail
Rural route delivery (Former Employee), dover centre ontSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: learned a new skill an grew self confidence
Cons: heavy loads at times
great job great employees to work with i loved doing my job everyday that i got to work
Good Place to work
Sorter (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCSeptember 22, 2014
Good , high paying job. The only problem is that new hires seem to only get the graveyard shift. I understand its a union shop, however, if they want to retain reliable people, they need to distribute the shifts better.
Fun work place
RSMC (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 19, 2014
Very enjoyable coworkers but not so good management. unorganized for a government company.
GOOD BENEFIT AND COMPENSATION. CLEAN SORROUNDINGS.
Postal Clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: good pay. good benefits. good working environment
Cons: some supervisors are not very encouraging.
I WORKED NIGHTS AND I WORKED WITH PEOPLE OF DIFFERENT CULTURE. IN SPITE OF IT, EVERYONE IS RESPECTFUL OF EACH OTHER. WORK IS RELATIVELY EASY AND COMPENSATION IS WORTHWHILE.
Great job
Letter Carrier/Inside Assistant (Former Employee), Port Alberni, BCSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: excellent work hours & working conditions, good benefits, fair wage
Cons: weather conditions
- typical day consisted of sorting parcels to all letter carrier tubs; pick up, sort and bundle mail & parcels on various routes preparatory to delivery by letter carriers; emptying and distributing monotainers of boxed circulars to applicable work-sites ; input of Change of Address & Hold data & distribution to applicable personnel; updating Route – more... Measurement information.
- have learned skills to facilitate a team approach to the work environment; communication skills; health & safety procedures; organization skills; use of manual & electric operated equipment & leadership techniques.
-ongoing management changes has provided opportunities to work effectively with multiple managing styles.
-interacting in a positive, respectful, team oriented manner with co-workers has resulted in increased productivity, a supportive work environment which encourages creative solutions to workplace challenges and an atmosphere that promotes inclusive &
harmonious work relations.
-hardest part of the job was contractual restrictions in prohibiting workers crossing over job categories to help fellow employees when needed.
-most enjoyable part of the job was working with co-workers & customers and knowing you have made a positive impact. – less
33 year career that fitted my lifestyle perfectly. Met many wonderfull people
Mail Carrier (Former Employee), CalgaryAugust 30, 2014
Pros: physically demanding, fun atmosphere
Cons: working in extreme winter prairie conditions
Preparing mail for delivery. Physically delivering mail in all weather conditions.
Great job working in fresh air, and getting paid to exercise!
Letter Carrier - Collection and Delivery (Former Employee), St. John's, NLAugust 27, 2014
Pros: highly physical job
Cons: long, hard days in the winters, and just as difficult in the hot sun of summer with no shade!
As a unionized environment, there was often issues with interpretation of collective agreement.
The corporation did supply high quality clothing for the outside workers.
Great opportunity to provide customer service.
Fun workplace, manageable and great work.
Job Training (Former Employee), oakville, ONAugust 26, 2014
Best training I had so far. I met different people and and learned different things about Canada post. i learned customer service, and other important details about stamps and mails. My experience was very adventurous and i loved it.
Post Office Clerk
Office Clerk (Current Employee), Misssauga, ONAugust 21, 2014
Pros: fast- paced, friendly, public dealing
Cons: limited employees
Overall, the work environment is well maintained. Management kept team well directed. The work load is medium but very fast paced, dealing with customers, greeting and thanking them at the end of every transaction, or interaction. Being clean, pleasant and knowledgeable of the services offered. Being a service advisor by the employee is not required – more... but always to be aware of what is best for consumer needs. – less
Great bunch of co-workers and managers
Volume Counter (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONAugust 19, 2014
Pros: short hours
Cons: contract was too short
Job consisted of counting the volume of mail per route. I learned about the stress of being a postal worker. Management was great and we were treated very well. My other 18 co-workers were co-operative and it was great to work within a team.

The hardest part of the job was having the postal carriers wait while we counted each piece of mail for their – more... route. Good thing this was a "one off" due to the changing over of the routes.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the fun we had while on this contract. Lots of fun and joking around with everyone on the floor. It was actually a pleasant atmosphere. – less
A good place to work but getting harder for new employies
letter carrier (Former Employee), Vancouver, BC Edmonton,AB Ottawa ON Brockville ONAugust 15, 2014
Pros: early starts mixed co-workers great exercise
Cons: walking in all weather. long hours with forced overtime.
A few hours sorting and socializing in the morning followed by a few more hours walking and delivering
Productive federal company responsilbe for most of mailing activities in canada
Administration Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 15, 2014
My duties icluded almost all office work, sending emails to managers about reports, bills, etc.. forwarded from contractors or other staff.
learned how to work very well under pressure and in a timely manner.
dealing with all levels of management in addressing their issuesd and questions or even complaints and forwarding it to the head office via email – more... or phone calls.
love what i do, enjoyed dealing with multicultural people on all levels. – less
not too good of a place
Part-time employee (Current Employee), torontoAugust 13, 2014
not bad. alot of supervisors.. over your head watching you work
excellent company to work for
Letter Carrier (Former Employee), throughout lower mainland bcAugust 12, 2014
Pros: keeps you physically fit, get to meet a variety of people.
Cons: can be a tough day if you're new on a route
Arrive, sort & bundle mail for delivery, then go deliver.
Management is like anywhere else, some are excellent some need to work on some skills.
Again, majority of co-workers are happy to be there others need to find something to fulfill themselves.
The hardest part is the toll it takes on your body, yet if done properly can be a great workout!
the – more... most enjoyable part of the job was the people you meet on route, getting to know your regulars. – less
Enjoyable place and people to work with.
Mail sorter (Former Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 10, 2014
Pros: good money, and benefitsif you get in
Cons: hard to get in
I come in start with working at one machine that sorted the mail, then moved to another machine to sort the mail further.
Productive and great company
Letter Carrier/ Parcel Deliver (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 6, 2014
great benefits and good hours. good co-workers. lots of walking
great people, aweful management staff
Letter Carrier (Former Employee), Vancouver BCAugust 3, 2014
work job experience ever! Between the management and the Union, there were way too many politics and I could never seem to figure out what was the solution to most problems.

1 2 3 4 5

About Canada Post

Canada Post Corporation, known more simply as Canada Post, is the Canadian crown corporation which functions as the country's – Read more

Canada Post Photos