Canada Post Employee Reviews in Canada

Learning Experience
Ergo Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ONJuly 19, 2016
I learned what it takes to dealing with mail. how you had to sort it all and then bundle it by address then go out and put the mail into peoples P.O boxes or end of driveway mailboxes.
Pros
holidays and weekends off
Cons
working in bad weather
Complete
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Caledonia, ONJuly 18, 2016
A good place to work. It helps if you're related to the post master though. A lot of family works here, but I wasn't one of them. I proved I was a reliable, and dependable employee. I never took a sick day off work, in all my years there. I had a great track record, to my credit.
Pros
No weekend work
Cons
Worked in rain, sleet and snow
Relaxed working environment
Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, ABJuly 18, 2016
A very flexible place to work at. The days are as long as you determine them to be. If you work fast, then you are done for the day. If you go slower then your day is longer. It is up to you to decide. The hardest part of the job is Christmas time but its not for an extended period of time. The most enjoyable part of the day is when you get out on your route and its just you and your music.
Pros
Great benefits
Fun people to work with
PO4 Mail Sorter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 13, 2016
Generally a good place to work. The company is diverse which makes it an interesting work place. It is a physical job which can sometimes be challenging.
Pros
Break every 2 hours
Cons
Not enough hours per shift
Horrible Employer
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 12, 2016
I worked for Canada Post for over 10 years and as soon as I got sick and need multiple surgeries and went on disability I was treated horrible by my supervisors. The benefits and pay was good. They are horrible to deal with when it comes to communication. If you need to speak with someone in the office you are put through to an answering machine and no one ever calls you back. I am now retiring and was told that I owe over $900.00 in over payment. I called and finally spoke with someone yesterday and now I owe $1,900.00??! I am a sick person with bills to pay and medical bills to pay and now they want to rob me of $1,900.00? I have not received a statement in the mail in months to provide me with a reason or a break down as to what this charge is for.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Horrible communication. Stressful environment. Rude management.
great for cardio
Postal Service Mail Carrier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2016
-great work out
-new routes new challenges
-sorting mail can be draining in the morning
-must have clean driving record to operate company vehicle
-deal with the public
-learn how every station runs accordingly
-great work/life balance
Pros
great for health
Cons
your basically doing labour
Very little work offered, great if you live with parents
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 5, 2016
So many people quit, the turnover is huge
They called me once a week, every time a different route,I ended up going back to my country I was an Engineer.
Canada Post is a horrible employer, the managers are not welcoming and tired of all the new trainees
Stay away.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours, long walks, weather conditions, dogs
a mix of Improvement Potential but not without a sense of Jeopardy
Middle Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCJuly 1, 2016
Best paid indoor jobs within humane and high tech facilities.
Lots of management tools available but could use some on hands on training to benefit effectively. Now beginning to grow increasingly in paper pushing management staff instead of talented, front line, hands on teamleaders. Union has grown to be the major stumbling block for competitiveness of the organization in the global market.
A good working place
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 30, 2016
has been a great experience working as a contractor for Canada Post.
employees are very friendly, team players
and show a good ability to learn.
high level of commitment to projects.
POSTAL CLERK (PO4) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 24, 2016
I work in City Finals which means this department sorts the mail to the letter carrier routes to whichever depot in the City of Edmonton. With Edmonton growing as it is, I get to learn more street names and where they are located so if asked for directions from someone I would be able to assist them. I am able to get alone with both the management and my co-workers. I find that working nights and trying to sleep during the day (especially in summer as it is brighter and warmer during the day) can be problematic but there are ways around that. The best part, I find, is getting the job done by getting the mail sorted to the letter carrier so that they can get the mail to our customer.
Pros
Seniority gives you the option for work placement
Cons
Possibility of being locked out and/or on strike whenever contract ends.
Great co-workers
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJune 21, 2016
It is fun for the most part. Great co-workers.
It is however very stressful.
Can be long, and confusing.
But very rewarding when it comes to your customers.
Pros
If finished early, still paid for full 8hours
Cons
Constantly Rushed
canada post
Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 17, 2016
what can I say the management has poor vision of the future I feel they hold on to old polices that worked years ago but not now
Pros
4 hour day
Cons
no full time
Job Advancement
Lead Hand/Supervisor Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJune 16, 2016
Lots of room to grow and improve as an employee. Lots of room for advancement within the company, from technician, to lead hand to supervisor, to possible super intendant.
Productive workplace involving organization and sorting of packages.
On-call Postal Clerk (Plant Operations) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 10, 2016
On-call based job position. When called to work you either accept or decline the offer. At work there are several conveyor belts that have boxes, packages, and parcels on them. We are required to sort them to their respective compartments. Also need to create cardboard boxes and tape them up, as well as move full loads to their respective areas (based on location it is being sent to). Need to also unload trucks full of packages that are placed on the main conveyor belt.

I learned great organization skills and learned to be time efficient. Also learned to work well with others to get the job done in a quick and efficient manner.

Supervisors were very helpful and respectful to the workers there. They placed great emphasis on the safety of the workers more than how quick the job was done (back mechanics and lifting of heavy boxes).

My co-workers were very helpful considering I am small-made, they helped me carry the larger boxes when I needed assistance.

Hardest part of my job was managing time with school. Considering it is an on-call position, I was called to work in the midst of my final exams, making me unable to attend those calls, therefore missing the opportunity to go in for work.

The most enjoyable part of my job was organizing all the parcels. I enjoy organizing and had a fun time being able to sort packages into their respective compartments.
Canadian Industry Leader
Assistant Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 7, 2016
Canada Post provided a great team environment and working anywhere in the company allows you to learn a great deal about all things business such as marketing, logistics, advertising, and sales.

With such a need for integration between departments, it allows you to branch out and create networks all throughout the company.
Pros
Working for a company that has an impact on Canada
Active, Fun, but frustrating place to work
Delivery Agent (Current Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ONJune 6, 2016
Working for Canada post has its advantages and disadvantages. The entry level on-call positions are difficult to accumulate sustainable hours, but the work itself is enjoyable. It is easy work and it allows an excellent work/personal life balance.
Good working conditions and decent pay
Postal worker - transportation (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 31, 2016
Canada Post is very structured place to work. The work ahead of you is usually planned out as to how long it will take etc.
Co-workers, for the most part, are friendly and helpful. Also management as well.
Good work environment, but it can be very repetitive which can get tiresome.
Pros
good pay..good work environment
Cons
repetitive work
Great place once you start getting shifts
On call Temporary Postal worker (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBMay 30, 2016
Takes a long time to get to the top. 10 + years to move from temporary on call to full time. Working there for 3 months so far only 1 shift. Cannot support a family starting at the bottom.
Pros
great job with good benifits
Cons
no hours at the beginning.
A nice place to work
Commis de postes categorie PO4 (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 25, 2016
Competitive salary,opportunities on carer advancement.
Co-workers are friendly.
Formation is given for any position that needs to be fulfilled.
One of the best places to work in canada.
I learned a lot about customer service.
Like working here
Mail Carrier/Mail Sorter – Casual Part Time (Current Employee) –  Kentville, NSMay 24, 2016
Hard to get hours as casual. The people are friendly and helpful. Management was great to work along with.

It was great to be in the outdoors in all types of weather.

The early morning meant you had the day to yourself depending on hours you worked.

hard to get an idea of a steady schedule. People moved in from the city and bumped you down and out.