Canada Post Employee Reviews in Canada

Great Place To Work
Full-time employment (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBAugust 27, 2016
Dealing with customer and ensuring the lot was clear and vehicles were cleaned and ready to go. I also did all the Financing, closed deals and dealt with funds.
CPC is not the place it used to be.
Mechanical Supervisor Letter Processing (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2016
CPC is battling with low mail volumes. This is causing an unhealthy work environment. The relationship the Union and Management is at an all time low.
Pros
Good Pay and Benifits
Cons
Poor Management
Volume Counter (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONAugust 25, 2016
I enjoyed being busy and the other employees were great to work with, just wish the job was permanent instead of contract.
Bootcamp like environment
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 24, 2016
Supervisors are 'trained' to conduct themselves like a bootcamp environment. They will not take in consideration the employees opinions and suggestions. Upper management have no compassion for employees personal issues and will discipline regardless of situation. They do not allow employees to communicate amongst one another. They are told to go back to their work station to work. Do not follow health and safety regulations.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Do not care about employees
Informative
Casual Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABAugust 24, 2016
There can be very long hours with great pay and there can also be no hours so the pay really doesn't matter.
Guild lines given but then asked to do more which is outside of guidelines.
Pros
No need for gym membership
Cons
not enough hours
Great Place
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 23, 2016
One of the best employers in Canada. Decent wages and generous benefits. Touching peoples lives daily and connecting dreams
negative atmosphere.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 22, 2016
- negative environment with little to no room for advancement
- corporate culture has no employee engagement
- job itself is great with opportunities to help unroll critical corporate projects to customers with a face to face presence
good camaraderie
Currently Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ONAugust 6, 2016
did all king of different work as require from this trade, instructor, Supervisor, wicket clerk, run and manage an office with 30 or more employee
Temporary Letter Carrier
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 4, 2016
I would not recommend working as a temporary letter carrier. Your on call with no guarantee of work. You can go foe 1 month with no calls.

Avoid this place it is a very toxic work environment. Management lies and will do whatever they can to get away with things.

They are not to be trust many people get harrassed for silly things.
Pros
Pay 19.56 to start not worth it
Cons
Manager who will lie, imposssible to finish on time and get yelled at for bringing back mail and over time.
Awesome place
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 3, 2016
there are challenges everyday and each challenge is different than the other. very organized place and an experience of a lifetime
fun and independed
Clerk/ CSC/ Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONAugust 3, 2016
Over the years I have gained independence, knowledge and experience working for Canada Post along with patience. Canada Post needs to work on expanding business then cutting back and taking services away from customers who have had this service for years.
Pros
Pension and a decent pay
Cons
to many managers at the top
Difficult environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 3, 2016
Canada Post is a dynamic working environment. It is a good mix of public and private sector. On the other hand, there is uncertainty related to the business along with the impacts the possible work stoppage might have long term on the organization. Budget constraints makes it very hard to innovate. More of an old fashion type working environment.
Necessary service
RSMC, Rural Suburban Mail Carrier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 1, 2016
emotionally draining to sort manual mail, packets, parcels and collate flyers in a timely manner in order to be effectively ready to deliver said mail in sort amount of time. Very important to be well rested and alert to perform at best of your ability. Need to be well organized.
Pros
sense of accomplishment
great benefits
Superviseur (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 27, 2016
Great place to work outside management. Unfortunately existing management. Harassment and favouritism comes to play within management group (Montreal ) as for it`s policies and work environment as a company I do consider it a top company to work for.
Pros
great benefits along with good working conditions
Cons
be aware of favouritism if advancement is what you are looking for
Learning Experience
Ergo Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ONJuly 19, 2016
I learned what it takes to dealing with mail. how you had to sort it all and then bundle it by address then go out and put the mail into peoples P.O boxes or end of driveway mailboxes.
Pros
holidays and weekends off
Cons
working in bad weather
Complete
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Caledonia, ONJuly 18, 2016
A good place to work. It helps if you're related to the post master though. A lot of family works here, but I wasn't one of them. I proved I was a reliable, and dependable employee. I never took a sick day off work, in all my years there. I had a great track record, to my credit.
Pros
No weekend work
Cons
Worked in rain, sleet and snow
Relaxed working environment
Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, ABJuly 18, 2016
A very flexible place to work at. The days are as long as you determine them to be. If you work fast, then you are done for the day. If you go slower then your day is longer. It is up to you to decide. The hardest part of the job is Christmas time but its not for an extended period of time. The most enjoyable part of the day is when you get out on your route and its just you and your music.
Pros
Great benefits
Fun people to work with
PO4 Mail Sorter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 13, 2016
Generally a good place to work. The company is diverse which makes it an interesting work place. It is a physical job which can sometimes be challenging.
Pros
Break every 2 hours
Cons
Not enough hours per shift
Horrible Employer
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 12, 2016
I worked for Canada Post for over 10 years and as soon as I got sick and need multiple surgeries and went on disability I was treated horrible by my supervisors. The benefits and pay was good. They are horrible to deal with when it comes to communication. If you need to speak with someone in the office you are put through to an answering machine and no one ever calls you back. I am now retiring and was told that I owe over $900.00 in over payment. I called and finally spoke with someone yesterday and now I owe $1,900.00??! I am a sick person with bills to pay and medical bills to pay and now they want to rob me of $1,900.00? I have not received a statement in the mail in months to provide me with a reason or a break down as to what this charge is for.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Horrible communication. Stressful environment. Rude management.
great for cardio
Postal Service Mail Carrier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2016
-great work out
-new routes new challenges
-sorting mail can be draining in the morning
-must have clean driving record to operate company vehicle
-deal with the public
-learn how every station runs accordingly
-great work/life balance
Pros
great for health
Cons
your basically doing labour