Canada Post Employee Reviews

Very fast paced and often not enough hours to accomplish all duties that are required.
Depot Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS22 March 2017
Canada Post offers a great benefits and pension package. Salaries at Canada Post are also very competitive. The job as a depot Supervisor is one of the busiest and most stressful jobs within the corporation as they are sandwiched between a unionized force and upper management--each seemingly with their own agenda at times.

However, in saying all of that, if you are able to find that happy medium, this job can actually be very fulfilling and obviously provides very comfortably financially.
Pros
Pay, benefits, pension
Cons
stressful, over worked
Productive workplace with amazing coworkers.
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 March 2017
Great people and atmosphere. Everyone there was helpful and willing to help you grow and learn as fast as possible. The management team demonstrates what teamwork means.
productive place
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  969 eastern ave., toronto16 March 2017
I started my day by gathering all the incoming mail together and start sorting the out by postal code to various cities across Canada.
I also sorted the mail from the different cities into their letter carrier deport by memorizing their walk (route) numbers, and bundle the mail for the letters to be delivered next day.
while sorting, I also verify the proper postage on each envelope, removing short paid mail to have them rated according to the weight and the destination where the mail is going.
I also help out in other area as instructed by my supervisor.
I really enjoyed working with people, and helped solving problems.
worked christmas help
Organic Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC16 March 2017
great place to work I worked here for Christmas help during the holiday season was very busy . I would recommend for anyone to go work for Canada post great staff .
Fast Paced Work Environment
Mail Delivery Agent (Casual Employee) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON15 March 2017
Physically demanding work environment. Most of the time you will be working outdoors interacting with customers while delivering their mail or parcels. If you enjoy walking and being outdoors in any weather condition then this is really an excellent place to work.
Pros
Fast Paced, Time management
Cons
Long Hours, outdoors in any type of weather condition
Stressful environment
postal worker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON14 March 2017
Very little supervision. Extremely hard place to advance in the field. No benefits or set work schedule for part time employees. Very political place to work, making it somewhat unejoyable
Technical Service
Electronics Specialist - Systems Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC10 March 2017
Work load or work order could be light or could be heavy depending what broke down or if parts are available.
Preventive and corrective maintenance task are scheduled sometimes with more than enough personnel or not enough work order.

Management is well rather slow to change or hampered by communication from head office to individual processing plant. Local technical service manager seems to luck people oriented rapport or team building enthusiasm and appears not to have a feel for the job.
Workplace could be fun but lack a driven attitude. The manager projects a non-driven attitude. It is possible the manager is rather slow to adapt to the new environment or overwhelmed with the work.
Advancement of technician is based on seniority, passing a written exam and passing an interview on most cases. The odd time an oral exam could be done by the manager.

CEO and Union not on the same page.
To add a revenue stream by offering a banking service, CEO does not approve of it despite the examples of other countries making it a successful form of customer service and a new source of revenue.
CEO too adversarial and would rather reduced employees benefits and needs and advancement to collect his ample bonuses.
The current government of Canada would be glad to terminate this CEO once his contract expired or bought out. CEO more inclined to privatized CPC and sold it for example to Pit Bows, Fedex or UPS or DHL etc.

CPC is a public service and should remain under Canadian government. Future privatisation schemes are in the works behind the scene to reduce employees and break
  more... the union.  less
Pros
New plant, good vacation
Cons
Poor management enthusiasm of technician
Fast paced work environment
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 March 2017
Very face paced work environtment. everyone works in their own corner. Early mornings from 3 am to later. Finish work depending on how fast you work. Great place if you want you still salary.
Pros
working on your own
Cons
Fast paced, noisy
Crown Corp survives to fight another day
Manager, International Business Development (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2017
During my time there, CPC was going through a period of transition while the mail business was in decline.

They attempted some innovative programs (my involvement while there) however couldn't fully commit and allow the innovators to thrive in bureaucratically laden environment.

Things are better there now, parcel volume is up, leaner management and some progressive programs look to be working.
Pros
Good Sales people
Cons
Sales Managers, not sales leaders
Small Town Post Office
Post Master (Former Employee) –  Delia, AB1 March 2017
I really enjoyed the work I did and the people I worked with at Canada Post. The equipment is nor very current however and I do find some of the policies strange.
I found the training course very extensive and worthwhile however the way it is presented and the time you have to complete the training was abit difficult to retain and reproduce on short notice.( Maybe allowing some roll playing with the environment and computer system would be help full.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Old Equipment
driving around the countryside
Rural Service Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AB28 February 2017
A typical day at work began with: help unload the mail, sort and box for delivery. Deliver to school, town, and rural farms. Pick up mail at designated stops, return to base and unload mail.
Took required courses for driver safety and irate customer handling, dog awareness, and general safety.
Great coworker, and management not on site. Safety is stressed.
The hardest part was finding people to deliver to for signed parcels on farms in the spring.
The best part was driving around the countryside, seeing the wildlife and the seasons change, with great photo opportunities.
Pros
no weekends, great hours.
Cons
Hours can get long at christmas rush. Routes can be cut.
Fun work place
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB23 February 2017
The pay is good but there is no job security since they dont do permanent anymore only casuals. The hours could be so early during christmas time
Pros
no job security
Cons
good pay
great job, only wish it had of lasted longer
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 February 2017
I really enjoyed my work with Canada post, The staff was excellent to work with and really enjoyed the atmosphere. I only wish it hadn't been a short term contract.
Pros
fair wage
Cons
walking distance to job station
Productive and fun workplace with table tennis table
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  wonderland23 February 2017
I wish I could be accepted to work there and be able to lift my career could have been better for my future and more salery.
hope for the better
Pros
free lunch
No Gym Required
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON18 February 2017
Fun place to work at the different Depots you can be assigned to but being a Temp-Part time letter carrier hours of work vary significantly from week to week.
Pros
You can maintain a good level of fitness
Cons
Inconsistent hours
A busy enviroment with chances to advance. Not to mention great money to provide for yourself and your family.
Mail Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 February 2017
I loved my job so much, I stayed 15 years. I made lots of lasting friendships with co-workers and supervisors.

My jobs over the years went from dealing with mail on it's way out of the building, to receiving them as soon as they arrive.
Pros
Long breaks and or lunches during special times during the years.
Cons
Can be stressful as a delay of the mail in any way, can result in an immediate suspension. Which I understand. Going on strike, which is something so employee wants to do for financial reasons.
Great workplace
Coordinator, PDT Deployment (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2017
Great workplace. Had the opportunity to meet some amazing people. The tasks were challenging but I loved it because it kept me on my toes.
Enjoyed the early AM start time
Letter carrier/courier (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC14 February 2017
Had a good career working for Canada Post. Started as a letter carrier for about 8 yrs.,then a courier, and finished as a letter carrier. A typical day was to sort,organize, and deliver all mail and parcels.
Pros
If you finished early you could go home, incentive to work efficently
corporate environment with a good future
MCSC 5-ton Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2017
I liked working here because of the security and the work environment. Management was good. my typical day consisted of driving from point A to B usually more then one stop
good workplace
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 February 2017
they have a respectful staff, everyone is respectful and helpful. The staff are always smiling and happy and also seem to be in a good mood. Overall satisfied with my experience
Pros
respectful
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Post. Our community is ready to answer.

61%