Canada Post Employee Reviews

Good
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 May 2017
Great benefits/ pension... large contribution required
Cost of living increases not factored into our wage increases
Hard repetitive jobs
Union is very high cost
Pros
Cons
Union
Champion various projects and assignments
Supervisor, Operations, Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON, Oakville22 May 2017
I started out has a driver and worked my way up to Management and before early retirement was in charge of Zone Restructuring, Delivery implementation and Quality (Greenbelt, Sigma).
Pros
Was able to utilize my skills social and developmental task
Cons
Bilingual
Great place to work at, requires constant adaptation to stay updated on current changes and added features to system.
Post Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 May 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be my interaction with all the different kinds of customers that make their way to the post office, looking to send a wide range of different parcels to all different parts of the world. Hearing their stories is so interesting and has opened me up to a whole array of cultures and customs I knew very little about prior to my employment.
Great environment to be a part of
CPIP/ Clerical (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 May 2017
Excellent facility, great staff, and management and a good culture with room for growth. A lot of potential internal and external job openings for those seeking to stay on.
Enjoyed working for cpc
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 May 2017
Good place to work great people..only problem is the shifts sometimes I was on nights for years before I could get a afternoon or day shift..must be a team player as you work on machines that you and your Co workers work together...just be able to get along with different people as every shift is different... I was also a letter carrier for a few years. Very physical but really enjoyed being outside meeting new people...
Pros
Great money
Cons
Shifts
good place to work
Customer Service Clerk (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2017
Good job with good pension and benefits. the warehouse facilities usually work 24 hours a day, so you have a variety of shifts to choose from. Also, there are casual positions, as well as permanent part-time and full-time positions.
Pros
good hours
Cons
heavy, repeatative work
command and control culture
Director Business Development (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 May 2017
Wants to go in the right direction and evolve culture, but still have a way to go. Outside stakeholder have important influence. political environment not always functional
Pros
Have great policies and goals
Cons
Big organization challenge to realize them
CEO is a tool hired by government to lowball the workers
Rural Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB14 May 2017
company could not care less about its workers. narcissistic management driven to drive the worker to exhaustion for the least amount of money they can get away with bonus for upper management every year!
Pros
exercise
Cons
selfish management
Union job
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB12 May 2017
This was a great place to work, great salary, but no job security. I worked when called, and then have had nothing since. Similar job was posted again, but they did not offer it to me, even though I showed up, and performed well when called.
tres satisfait de mon emploi pour les 20 ans
Chauffeur-livreur (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC10 May 2017
moi je n ai rien eu a dire les 20 années que j ai travailler chez postes canada j aime faire mon travail et bien le faire notre travail pour la journée était cédulé pour notre journée .Je n ai rien a dire de mal de cette compagnie .on peux en parler en entrevue si vous désirez merci
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 May 2017
Management is awsome. Union is very beneficial and proactive. The only cons is that canada post offer permanent position after 1 year, if your seniority arrive, in worst case at least 2 years.
Fun, fast paced, easy to follow instructions.
Casual Employee (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 May 2017
midnight shifts actually went by very quickly.
they are 12 hour shifts and they would switch it up and put you on different posts.
it was very easy work to do.
sorting and relocating items to the proper spot.
Not for the faint of heart
RSMC On Call Relief Employee (Current Employee) –  Smalltown Ontario6 May 2017
Your experience at Canada Post is COMPLETELY dependant on
1-the job title (letter carrier vs RSMC vs OCRE etc) and
2-the local management team you end up under.

An RSMC receives much less pay than a letter carrier and an On Call Relief Employee in the RSMC dept receives 15% less than that with zero increase, forever.

As an OCRE you will be expected to sort and deliver the regular employees' routes...all of them. It will take you twice as long and you will be paid less than them. A smaller office will have 6-8 different routes and you will be expected to learn them all.

You will receive 3 days on the job training which pairs you with a regular employee who will not be happy about you slowing them down because they receive no extra pay to show you the ropes!

The delivery vehicle(s)-
Some offices have company provided righthand drive vehicles. Before you celebrate not having to use your own, consider this:
If it is a small town spot you may be expected to drive a 1990's veh without air, regular breakdowns etc. They are plagued with nasty issues.
If you use your own vehicle, you will likely be trained in using a reaching device. They are cumbersome and take up more of your time than driving a right hand drive veh. You are fairly compensated for using your vehicle, and you will be more comfortable. Your commercial insurance will mean putting out more money and the job is hard on your vehicle (brakes, etc)
Pros
Independant work
Cons
Insufficient training, poor pay, no benefits, horrible company vehicles.
Fast Past Mail Sorter Christmas Seasonal
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 May 2017
I worked hard and was offers a full time position in Vancouver in the late 80;s. I was in school and turned down the best job offer of my life. I worked in the letter sorting position and also parcels.
Pros
Excellent Teamplayers
Cons
no cons
fun place
good management
good boss
free parking
inside
easy to get along with everyone
love to work here
good training
Great pay.
Pensions Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 May 2017
I had various roles here. Mostly involving the phone or computer. Hardest part is the boredom as everything is repetitive. Really did enjoy when I worked at the plant sorting and counting mail, much better than the office!
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits.
Good place to work.
LETTER CARRIER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 May 2017
it is a good place to work, fun environment. Friendly people. It's nice to work outdoors and enjoy the weather while I work. Over all a great place to work.
Dead-end casual employment
Post Office Retail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, ON1 May 2017
Worked in retail offices for the past five years. Started off with fairly regular hours, now I have not worked in months. Whenever the opportunity to secure a part time job comes up, the position is downsized or the hours are greatly reduced (15 hours per week to 4 hours per week). The pay is reasonable, but what good is a wage when you don't get any hours?
Pros
Good pay and benefits (if part time or full time with more than 15 hours per week, Many employees are very nice to work with
Cons
Very few hours, next to no chance of a permanent position/advancement; often very stressful, difficult to work alone during busy periods, difficult to work in so many different offices, asked to work one hour shifts, management is often clueless about the various offices and employees
n/a
Janitor/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador1 May 2017
Very good people to work for. Safety was everyone's responsibility.
WHIMS was a must . Doing a good quality job was always recognized. There was never any rush . Positive Attitude portrayed always . A no. 1 atmosphere .
Pros
n/a
assembly
General labourer (Former Employee) –  credit view26 April 2017
mt job was to put the decals on the boxes and to but keys,locks and to scan and to make you box is set for right destination. i worked for 330 to 1130

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Post. Our community is ready to answer.