Canada Post Employee Reviews in Canada

A nice place to work
Commis de postes categorie PO4 (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 25, 2016
Competitive salary,opportunities on carer advancement.
Co-workers are friendly.
Formation is given for any position that needs to be fulfilled.
One of the best places to work in canada.
I learned a lot about customer service.
Like working here
Mail Carrier/Mail Sorter – Casual Part Time (Current Employee) –  Kentville, NSMay 24, 2016
Hard to get hours as casual. The people are friendly and helpful. Management was great to work along with.

It was great to be in the outdoors in all types of weather.

The early morning meant you had the day to yourself depending on hours you worked.

hard to get an idea of a steady schedule. People moved in from the city and bumped you down and out.
Canada Post
Development Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 20, 2016
Consulting engagements in a diversified portfolio of industries. including Project Management, Business Analyst, ERP architecture, pre-sales and sales engineering opportunities. Great people and a great place to work.
Excellent company to work for.
RSMC (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, ABMay 17, 2016
Lots of laughs and giggles with co-workers and management is great! Have learned so much with C.P. and the hardest for me is change with in the office.Most enjoyable is having a purpose and pleasing my customers are rewarding,
Pros
All occassions we have potlucks, staff appreciation days, coffee donuts ect.
Cons
long hours during Xmas rush, and after holidays long hrs as well, doing flyers
Good Employer
Temporary On Call Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 17, 2016
Letter Carrier Job in Canada Post is physically demanding. Besides you are exposed to extreme weather conditions but the good wages, benefits and job security compensates everything.
High School
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carstairs, ABMay 10, 2016
Is a typical multi-level business. worked your own hours. I learned from here was that most of the upper people don't know as much as some of the people coming in and that they were in the right spot at the right time.Management was really not there unless you were producing. The co-workers wasn't there you were on your own. The hardest part of the job was ignoring the harassing of not recruiting. The best part was out producing the ones who had teams but weren't selling because they focused on recuiting.
You would only want to stay here for the benefits and the pension.
Mail Service Courier, Mail Dispatcher, Clerk. (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 9, 2016
Many senior managers treated employees with very little respect. This is an employer actively and constantly eliminating the reasons why they would want to make this place their career.
Pros
Wages benefits
Unsatisfactory work environment
Letter Carrier, Casual (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLApril 29, 2016
A typical day at work required more than 8 hours of overtime. Overtime was forced and letters were applied to worker file if route was not completed.
Pros
Working outside
Cons
better paying job and flexible work schedule.
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCApril 29, 2016
typical workday involves prepping of mails, running mails on machine, sweeping and despatching mails to its different points of destination.
because thejob is so physical, i am easily able to lift heavy loads compared to other people my age who have not had any lifting experience.
the hardest part of my job is i think are the management people.
i enjoy working and get along with co-workers.
Pros
more overtime and cancelled rdos, easily take off
Cons
management and broken machines
Hard work,but rewarding
Mail Clerk, Mail Dispatcher, and Letter carrier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 24, 2016
I loved working at Canada Post! Everyday was new and exciting. In the span of a 37 year career, I was involved in every aspect of mail processing, the most challenging being a lettercarrier. It was an amazing and rewarding position, and I was constantly being approached on the street by people asking questions about my job. My coworkers were always very helpful, and I made many wonderful friend there.
Pros
Extremely rewarding at the end of the day-huge job satisfaction!
Cons
Very long hours sometimes, often in the most variable and extreme weather conditions.
Enjoy everything about it
Supply mail carrier in Formosa (Current Employee) –  Formosa, ONApril 24, 2016
I quite enjoy sorting and doing the driving for Canada Post , very much enjoy the atmosphere at the post office.
You learn to sort mail by the fire numbers,my co-worker is great will help you out if you need it. The hardest part if the fire # is not on the address and you are not familier with the name. I enjoy getting to meet a lot of new people.
Pros
Enjoy the people
Cons
If one does not have fire # on
Canada Post
POSTAL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 18, 2016
You do not get the opportunity to form colleagues and friends. The job is more of a "go in and get your work done" type of position.
Pros
good pay
Cons
On-call, large union fees
Fantastic Environment
MSC Driver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 12, 2016
The only real negative about this job is that they did not call enough, but beyond that I could not have asked for a better place to work.
Great company
ON-CALL Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Timmins, ONApril 11, 2016
Enjoyable work experience.
Love the outdoor work
lots of walking
co-workers are very helpful
great management team
unionized
once work is complete, job is done for the day
Fun place, but you will be working hard.
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONApril 6, 2016
A very physically hard job. 25km walking a day.
I learned to work on my own, working against physical elements.
Management has their own agenda.
Very supportive.
Getting started.
Walking around on a beautiful day.
Pros
Free exercise
Cons
Human rights issues
Producive
Delivery agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 4, 2016
Sort, planing trips and delivery mail,parcels.
Planing routes for delivery special and express parcels on project called "Delivery Tonight"
collect and pick up parcels on corporate customers.
competetive employer
Mail Sorter/ Machine Operator/ Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 1, 2016
i enjoy working at this place. you get to work with people of different cultures. Christmas time is good you a lot of hours/ ot. air conditioning in the summer time the only warehouse i work at that has ac.
Pros
its fun. simple and light
Cons
limited hours if your not permanent
Sorting Parcels
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 27, 2016
Great job to go into every day! great people. I sort online parcels. Nothing about the job is hard as i tent to learn quickly and management has always been fair and good.
Pros
good pay
Cons
short hours
this summary is mostly in reference to dollarama and clothing closet....rewarding and productive
Ergo helper to deliver mail (Current Employee) –  staples and woodsleeMarch 27, 2016
challenging between setting up appointments for clients and having to maintain shelves n store and deal with customers. responsibility at a high level when it came to opening and closing store and making sure money and employees are safe. management is there to help with all concerns related to customers and employees. hardest part of these jobs was to take a disorganized state n make it organized so that every day was made a little easier but that is also the reward. rewards come in a form of accomplishment when faced with a challenging task along with the fact that I could help others in the meantime.
Pros
meeting new people every day
Cons
occasional long hours
A great environment to work in and great place to work
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONMarch 27, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Canada Post, the hours were long and I was able to work indoors and outdoors. I was able to develop my skills in customer service and with this position, was able to meet the many people that I delivered the mail to. I delivered mail, parcels and add mail to customers, including customer parcels witch required a signature for and proof of ID. The hardest thing I found was the standing while sorting the mail, as I would have to stand in the same place for long periods of time. What I loved about the job was being outdoors and being able to enjoy the nice weather once it had arrived. I leaned how to use a scanner, and was responsible for a set of community mailboxes. I was also trained to drive a left handed mail vehicle as all of the routes were rural and suburban routes.
Pros
Standing in one spot for long periods of time