Canada Post Employee Reviews

assembly
General labourer (Former Employee) –  credit view26 April 2017
mt job was to put the decals on the boxes and to but keys,locks and to scan and to make you box is set for right destination. i worked for 330 to 1130
ok place to work
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 April 2017
Other than being on call casual its ok. i believe they would have a better employee if they hired permanent. The work is very physical and draining. i strongly suggest you be in shape or you will suffer.
A place to start at entry position and continue further as per ones goals
Deliver Driver (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON25 April 2017
A great place to experience the real time challenges and at the same time to gain the experience and set ones goals . It all depends on the person to person.
Pros
Average Pay
Cons
Long Hours
Nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 April 2017
It was a very nice place to work and I loved the people and experiences I had there. I have moved on to other things but I will always remember my time there.
Maintenance poorly run
Mam10 Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 April 2017
From a skilled trades/maintenance perspective Canada Post is one of the most poorly run organizations I have worked for. The skills of coworkers are all over the map from excellent to pathetic. This I believe is due to the fact that many who work in maintenance have no formalized or accredited training ( licenses ) with most being former letter carriers. Production skilled trades are constantly being given work that is more related to house keeping than it is trades work such as vacuuming, dusting and changing forklift batteries.
The wages for trades are below industry standards and the benefits aren't a whole lot better. New employees have to contribute to the pension plan which runs about $380.00 /month.
Training on equipment unique to the mail sorting business is very sporadic and seems to be handed out in a preferential way.
The people in trades who are competent in their work are helpful and informative.
Maintenance management are constantly changing and have variable ability to manage skilled trades. Maintenance management gets little or no support from upper management.
The best thing that can be said is that the employment is stable.
Pros
Stable employment
Cons
maintenance poorly run.
Great place to work with advancement opportunity
supintendent (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NB21 April 2017
Looking for part time work in the Bathurst area, reliable ,trust worthy
I was allowed to advance with Canada Post, it was a great place to work to raise a family.
work ethic
Letter carrier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 April 2017
I found my 5 years at Canada Post was very stressful when one week you work 60 hours and then you could be off for 2 to 3 weeks with no work. Always waiting for a call, and no benefits at all.
Pros
money and able to be outside working on your own.
Cons
work availabe, very limited hours and no benefits.
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Post, CA19 April 2017
Productive working environment. Learned about mails and parcels processing.Management is good. Its a very cultural work place. Heavy parcels. Meeting people of several types of nationality.
Good place to b
Post master assistant level 2 (Former Employee) –  Gillam, MB17 April 2017
Was an excellent place to work answered learning was an everyday thing and it was exciting to be apart of Canada Post. I found the union was very helpful at the end of my term.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
My post master, at that time.
Great Job
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 April 2017
Nice atmosphere, lots of diverse people, be your own boss by working independently, most people enjoy helping each other to get out on the street as quickly as possible
Pros
working independently
Cons
sorting mail can drag at times
Negative work environmetn
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 April 2017
Negative work environment. Letter Carriers against supervisor.

High paying.

You are just a number. There is no room for advancement unless you are a pet.
Pros
salary, free lunch ect
Cons
environment, management
Good experience
a junior management position (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 April 2017
Started working at Canada Post on a contract basis and then hired full-time. I was able to gain a lot of experience while there. Co-workers and most management were a pleasure to work with.
Great place to work; colleagues were great/team!
DELIVERY AGENT (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON10 April 2017
The environment used to be stress free but now it has become more demanding and stressful in expectations. Someone in a higher seniority that has grown with the company it'll be a great place to work; new employees will be a lot more stress and pressure to do their job with little security.
Pros
Great work environment!
Cons
Management!
Canada Post
Superintendent Collection and Delivery (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 April 2017
Canada Post is moving ahead. The company is putting the correct measures in place to ensure competitiveness in the future. The introduction of new technology has galvanized a promising future for the Crown Corporation.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
very informative work place
Christmas Temporary Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON6 April 2017
• Attended 2 day seminar and training class
• Finish e-learning safety and behaviour courses
• Scan, sorting, floating packages by rolling or motorized equipment into designated postal code
Top Notch company
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON3 April 2017
You could not ask for a better Company to work for! Respectful and happy environment . More like family then coworkers. I would recommend this job to anyone and everyone. If you have issues management is so kind and helpful.
Pros
Staff, client's, everything
Cons
working holidays
overall great work environment
Mail Sorter (Current Employee) –  Hinton, AB3 April 2017
Typical day at work, go in at 7:30, start sorting mail, parcels. Scan parcels, pull mail and parcels for delivery. Go home. Am currently permenently partially disabled, sorting is all I can do.
Pros
short day
Cons
some stressful days
dont go for it
registered as UBER Driver (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON2 April 2017
they offer oncall jobs and those are not worth , some times they call you on regular basis
, when they dont want you they wont even call you once a month
Fun and fast paced work
Delivery Person (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 April 2017
Loading and unloading tubs of mail. Sort this into desk and pull for delivery. Spend about 3 hours doing that before going outdoors to deliver for the next 3-4 hours.
Work is more focused on individual work with little team work although we share issues we need to deal with.
I enjoy this job because I am able to work on my own at a relatively fast pace.
Pros
Fast paced, energetic work
Cons
Cold weather.
Great for a bit of extra cash around the holidays
Temporary, On-Call Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 March 2017
As an on call postal clerk you will get called occasionally throughout the year, but most often around November/December/January.

You will sort incoming packages into various shelves/bins, based on postal code.

The pay is great, and the hours are typically night shift.

The system that calls you for shifts is terrible and you will find out that Canada Post has very little ability in organization. Also, corporate hates the union, the union hates corporate, and sometimes it feels like the workers hate everyone. Very negative work environment.

Estimated 10+ years before an on call postal clerk will get part-time or full-time permanent..
Pros
Wage
Cons
Eclipse Call System, negative work culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Post. Our community is ready to answer.