Canada Post Employee Reviews in Canada

High School
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carstairs, ABMay 10, 2016
Is a typical multi-level business. worked your own hours. I learned from here was that most of the upper people don't know as much as some of the people coming in and that they were in the right spot at the right time.Management was really not there unless you were producing. The co-workers wasn't there you were on your own. The hardest part of the job was ignoring the harassing of not recruiting. The best part was out producing the ones who had teams but weren't selling because they focused on recuiting.
better paying job and flexible work schedule.
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCApril 29, 2016
typical workday involves prepping of mails, running mails on machine, sweeping and despatching mails to its different points of destination.
because thejob is so physical, i am easily able to lift heavy loads compared to other people my age who have not had any lifting experience.
the hardest part of my job is i think are the management people.
i enjoy working and get along with co-workers.
Pros
more overtime and cancelled rdos, easily take off
Cons
management and broken machines
Hard work,but rewarding
Mail Clerk, Mail Dispatcher, and Letter carrier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 24, 2016
I loved working at Canada Post! Everyday was new and exciting. In the span of a 37 year career, I was involved in every aspect of mail processing, the most challenging being a lettercarrier. It was an amazing and rewarding position, and I was constantly being approached on the street by people asking questions about my job. My coworkers were always very helpful, and I made many wonderful friend there.
Pros
Extremely rewarding at the end of the day-huge job satisfaction!
Cons
Very long hours sometimes, often in the most variable and extreme weather conditions.
Canadian Industry Leader
Assistant Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 7, 2016
Canada Post provided a great team environment and working anywhere in the company allows you to learn a great deal about all things business such as marketing, logistics, advertising, and sales.

With such a need for integration between departments, it allows you to branch out and create networks all throughout the company.
Pros
Working for a company that has an impact on Canada
Enjoy everything about it
Supply mail carrier in Formosa (Current Employee) –  Formosa, ONApril 24, 2016
I quite enjoy sorting and doing the driving for Canada Post , very much enjoy the atmosphere at the post office.
You learn to sort mail by the fire numbers,my co-worker is great will help you out if you need it. The hardest part if the fire # is not on the address and you are not familier with the name. I enjoy getting to meet a lot of new people.
Pros
Enjoy the people
Cons
If one does not have fire # on
Excellent company to work for.
RSMC (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, ABMay 17, 2016
Lots of laughs and giggles with co-workers and management is great! Have learned so much with C.P. and the hardest for me is change with in the office.Most enjoyable is having a purpose and pleasing my customers are rewarding,
Pros
All occassions we have potlucks, staff appreciation days, coffee donuts ect.
Cons
long hours during Xmas rush, and after holidays long hrs as well, doing flyers
Like working here
Mail Carrier/Mail Sorter – Casual Part Time (Current Employee) –  Kentville, NSMay 24, 2016
Hard to get hours as casual. The people are friendly and helpful. Management was great to work along with.

It was great to be in the outdoors in all types of weather.

The early morning meant you had the day to yourself depending on hours you worked.

hard to get an idea of a steady schedule. People moved in from the city and bumped you down and out.
this summary is mostly in reference to dollarama and clothing closet....rewarding and productive
Ergo helper to deliver mail (Current Employee) –  staples and woodsleeMarch 27, 2016
challenging between setting up appointments for clients and having to maintain shelves n store and deal with customers. responsibility at a high level when it came to opening and closing store and making sure money and employees are safe. management is there to help with all concerns related to customers and employees. hardest part of these jobs was to take a disorganized state n make it organized so that every day was made a little easier but that is also the reward. rewards come in a form of accomplishment when faced with a challenging task along with the fact that I could help others in the meantime.
Pros
meeting new people every day
Cons
occasional long hours
Good working conditions and decent pay
Postal worker - transportation (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 31, 2016
Canada Post is very structured place to work. The work ahead of you is usually planned out as to how long it will take etc.
Co-workers, for the most part, are friendly and helpful. Also management as well.
Good work environment, but it can be very repetitive which can get tiresome.
Pros
good pay..good work environment
Cons
repetitive work
Great compensation and benefits
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMarch 17, 2016
This career is perfect for someone in great shape, who has a great attitude and the ability to learn in a quick and fast paced environment. I felt that my educational background and people skills were not able to be utilized as most work was done individually or with very small groups. I was the youngest person in most depots and that had its pros and cons. i was transferred to canada post in BC and enjoyed the experience although i was needed at home in Brampton due to family obligations. So now looking for employment here closer to home.
Pros
great exercise while working
Cons
low senority
Friendly enivronment
Post Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 24, 2016
Working at Canada post teaches you to learn new thing everyday. I believe life is learning process and everyday you learn something new. The typical day at work usually include handling postage to customers, up selling the coins and others promotional offers to customers. Assisting customer through customs, Delivering customers their parcels, Creating final notice reports for parcels and returns.Daily paper work and administrative work.The management team is very friendly and helpful to each other during the mail pick up time, it is usually business everyone cooperates with each other and work in fast pace, making customers happy.
good money if you are prepared to do the work
letter carrier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2016
Not an easy job, alot harder than it looks. Alot to remember and on your feet standing/walking for approx 7 hours a day. Seniority decides who gets what position. Alot of variety within the company and you can transfer to anywhere in Canada if there is an opening.
Pros
job does not come home with you
Cons
poor environment, alot of unhappy people
A great environment to work in and great place to work
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONMarch 27, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Canada Post, the hours were long and I was able to work indoors and outdoors. I was able to develop my skills in customer service and with this position, was able to meet the many people that I delivered the mail to. I delivered mail, parcels and add mail to customers, including customer parcels witch required a signature for and proof of ID. The hardest thing I found was the standing while sorting the mail, as I would have to stand in the same place for long periods of time. What I loved about the job was being outdoors and being able to enjoy the nice weather once it had arrived. I leaned how to use a scanner, and was responsible for a set of community mailboxes. I was also trained to drive a left handed mail vehicle as all of the routes were rural and suburban routes.
Pros
Standing in one spot for long periods of time
Cons
You would only want to stay here for the benefits and the pension.
Mail Service Courier, Mail Dispatcher, Clerk. (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 9, 2016
Many senior managers treated employees with very little respect. This is an employer actively and constantly eliminating the reasons why they would want to make this place their career.
Pros
Wages benefits
Cons
Great place once you start getting shifts
On call Temporary Postal worker (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBMay 30, 2016
Takes a long time to get to the top. 10 + years to move from temporary on call to full time. Working there for 3 months so far only 1 shift. Cannot support a family starting at the bottom.
Pros
great job with good benifits
Cons
no hours at the beginning.
Active, Fun, but frustrating place to work
Delivery Agent (Current Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ONJune 6, 2016
Working for Canada post has its advantages and disadvantages. The entry level on-call positions are difficult to accumulate sustainable hours, but the work itself is enjoyable. It is easy work and it allows an excellent work/personal life balance.
13 years as a operational supervisor and declared surplus
Operational Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCJanuary 12, 2016
Not much to say. Worked hard, lots of shifts, A daily commute from Surrey to Vancouver for many years and transferred to Langley to be closer to home. Had to start holiday seniority all over but I didn't have to commute as far. I ran afternoon shift operations for six years and then declared surplus when I was promised that would never happen. It did. We had to sell the house we built and move.
Pros
Leadership experience
Cons
Out of a job, declared surplus
competetive employer
Mail Sorter/ Machine Operator/ Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 1, 2016
i enjoy working at this place. you get to work with people of different cultures. Christmas time is good you a lot of hours/ ot. air conditioning in the summer time the only warehouse i work at that has ac.
Pros
its fun. simple and light
Cons
limited hours if your not permanent
Ideal work place for advancement, good atmosphere and enjoyable
Delivery Planning Officer (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 5, 2016
A great place to work, with regular hours and optimal pay. Everyday you would learn new things, and have challenges to complete. Co-workers were great, and the experience I gained is invaluable. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was not repetitive, everyday brought a new challenge.
I had fun working at Canada Post having Gym in the workplace.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 8, 2016
I liked most things about my workplace. Friendly and having team work among my co workers.
I am a team player and I can easily get along well with my co workers.
The hardest part of the job if someone among your co worker is not a team player.
I measure enjoyment and success in terms of satisfaction and happiness. If everyone is co operatiive, you feel happy and able work effeciently.