Canada Post Employee Reviews in Canada

Bootcamp like environment
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 24, 2016
Supervisors are 'trained' to conduct themselves like a bootcamp environment. They will not take in consideration the employees opinions and suggestions. Upper management have no compassion for employees personal issues and will discipline regardless of situation. They do not allow employees to communicate amongst one another. They are told to go back to their work station to work. Do not follow health and safety regulations.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Do not care about employees
Temporary Letter Carrier
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 4, 2016
I would not recommend working as a temporary letter carrier. Your on call with no guarantee of work. You can go foe 1 month with no calls.

Avoid this place it is a very toxic work environment. Management lies and will do whatever they can to get away with things.

They are not to be trust many people get harrassed for silly things.
Pros
Pay 19.56 to start not worth it
Cons
Manager who will lie, imposssible to finish on time and get yelled at for bringing back mail and over time.
a mix of Improvement Potential but not without a sense of Jeopardy
Middle Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCJuly 1, 2016
Best paid indoor jobs within humane and high tech facilities.
Lots of management tools available but could use some on hands on training to benefit effectively. Now beginning to grow increasingly in paper pushing management staff instead of talented, front line, hands on teamleaders. Union has grown to be the major stumbling block for competitiveness of the organization in the global market.
Relaxed working environment
Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, ABJuly 18, 2016
A very flexible place to work at. The days are as long as you determine them to be. If you work fast, then you are done for the day. If you go slower then your day is longer. It is up to you to decide. The hardest part of the job is Christmas time but its not for an extended period of time. The most enjoyable part of the day is when you get out on your route and its just you and your music.
Pros
Great benefits
POSTAL CLERK (PO4) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 24, 2016
I work in City Finals which means this department sorts the mail to the letter carrier routes to whichever depot in the City of Edmonton. With Edmonton growing as it is, I get to learn more street names and where they are located so if asked for directions from someone I would be able to assist them. I am able to get alone with both the management and my co-workers. I find that working nights and trying to sleep during the day (especially in summer as it is brighter and warmer during the day) can be problematic but there are ways around that. The best part, I find, is getting the job done by getting the mail sorted to the letter carrier so that they can get the mail to our customer.
Pros
Seniority gives you the option for work placement
Cons
Possibility of being locked out and/or on strike whenever contract ends.
Horrible Employer
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 12, 2016
I worked for Canada Post for over 10 years and as soon as I got sick and need multiple surgeries and went on disability I was treated horrible by my supervisors. The benefits and pay was good. They are horrible to deal with when it comes to communication. If you need to speak with someone in the office you are put through to an answering machine and no one ever calls you back. I am now retiring and was told that I owe over $900.00 in over payment. I called and finally spoke with someone yesterday and now I owe $1,900.00??! I am a sick person with bills to pay and medical bills to pay and now they want to rob me of $1,900.00? I have not received a statement in the mail in months to provide me with a reason or a break down as to what this charge is for.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Horrible communication. Stressful environment. Rude management.
great benefits
Superviseur (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 27, 2016
Great place to work outside management. Unfortunately existing management. Harassment and favouritism comes to play within management group (Montreal ) as for it`s policies and work environment as a company I do consider it a top company to work for.
Pros
great benefits along with good working conditions
Cons
be aware of favouritism if advancement is what you are looking for
Canadian Industry Leader
Assistant Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 7, 2016
Canada Post provided a great team environment and working anywhere in the company allows you to learn a great deal about all things business such as marketing, logistics, advertising, and sales.

With such a need for integration between departments, it allows you to branch out and create networks all throughout the company.
Pros
Working for a company that has an impact on Canada
Difficult environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 3, 2016
Canada Post is a dynamic working environment. It is a good mix of public and private sector. On the other hand, there is uncertainty related to the business along with the impacts the possible work stoppage might have long term on the organization. Budget constraints makes it very hard to innovate. More of an old fashion type working environment.
High School
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carstairs, ABMay 10, 2016
Is a typical multi-level business. worked your own hours. I learned from here was that most of the upper people don't know as much as some of the people coming in and that they were in the right spot at the right time.Management was really not there unless you were producing. The co-workers wasn't there you were on your own. The hardest part of the job was ignoring the harassing of not recruiting. The best part was out producing the ones who had teams but weren't selling because they focused on recuiting.
Very little work offered, great if you live with parents
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 5, 2016
So many people quit, the turnover is huge
They called me once a week, every time a different route,I ended up going back to my country I was an Engineer.
Canada Post is a horrible employer, the managers are not welcoming and tired of all the new trainees
Stay away.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours, long walks, weather conditions, dogs
better paying job and flexible work schedule.
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCApril 29, 2016
typical workday involves prepping of mails, running mails on machine, sweeping and despatching mails to its different points of destination.
because thejob is so physical, i am easily able to lift heavy loads compared to other people my age who have not had any lifting experience.
the hardest part of my job is i think are the management people.
i enjoy working and get along with co-workers.
Pros
more overtime and cancelled rdos, easily take off
Cons
management and broken machines
Excellent company to work for.
RSMC (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, ABMay 17, 2016
Lots of laughs and giggles with co-workers and management is great! Have learned so much with C.P. and the hardest for me is change with in the office.Most enjoyable is having a purpose and pleasing my customers are rewarding,
Pros
All occassions we have potlucks, staff appreciation days, coffee donuts ect.
Cons
long hours during Xmas rush, and after holidays long hrs as well, doing flyers
Good working conditions and decent pay
Postal worker - transportation (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 31, 2016
Canada Post is very structured place to work. The work ahead of you is usually planned out as to how long it will take etc.
Co-workers, for the most part, are friendly and helpful. Also management as well.
Good work environment, but it can be very repetitive which can get tiresome.
Pros
good pay..good work environment
Cons
repetitive work
Like working here
Mail Carrier/Mail Sorter – Casual Part Time (Current Employee) –  Kentville, NSMay 24, 2016
Hard to get hours as casual. The people are friendly and helpful. Management was great to work along with.

It was great to be in the outdoors in all types of weather.

The early morning meant you had the day to yourself depending on hours you worked.

hard to get an idea of a steady schedule. People moved in from the city and bumped you down and out.
Hard work,but rewarding
Mail Clerk, Mail Dispatcher, and Letter carrier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 24, 2016
I loved working at Canada Post! Everyday was new and exciting. In the span of a 37 year career, I was involved in every aspect of mail processing, the most challenging being a lettercarrier. It was an amazing and rewarding position, and I was constantly being approached on the street by people asking questions about my job. My coworkers were always very helpful, and I made many wonderful friend there.
Pros
Extremely rewarding at the end of the day-huge job satisfaction!
Cons
Very long hours sometimes, often in the most variable and extreme weather conditions.
Necessary service
RSMC, Rural Suburban Mail Carrier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 1, 2016
emotionally draining to sort manual mail, packets, parcels and collate flyers in a timely manner in order to be effectively ready to deliver said mail in sort amount of time. Very important to be well rested and alert to perform at best of your ability. Need to be well organized.
Pros
sense of accomplishment
fun and independed
Clerk/ CSC/ Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONAugust 3, 2016
Over the years I have gained independence, knowledge and experience working for Canada Post along with patience. Canada Post needs to work on expanding business then cutting back and taking services away from customers who have had this service for years.
Pros
Pension and a decent pay
Cons
to many managers at the top
Enjoy everything about it
Supply mail carrier in Formosa (Current Employee) –  Formosa, ONApril 24, 2016
I quite enjoy sorting and doing the driving for Canada Post , very much enjoy the atmosphere at the post office.
You learn to sort mail by the fire numbers,my co-worker is great will help you out if you need it. The hardest part if the fire # is not on the address and you are not familier with the name. I enjoy getting to meet a lot of new people.
Pros
Enjoy the people
Cons
If one does not have fire # on
Complete
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Caledonia, ONJuly 18, 2016
A good place to work. It helps if you're related to the post master though. A lot of family works here, but I wasn't one of them. I proved I was a reliable, and dependable employee. I never took a sick day off work, in all my years there. I had a great track record, to my credit.
Pros
No weekend work
Cons
Worked in rain, sleet and snow