Canada Post Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Hard work,but rewarding
Mail Clerk, Mail Dispatcher, and Letter carrier (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 24, 2016
Pros: Extremely rewarding at the end of the day-huge job satisfaction!
Cons: Very long hours sometimes, often in the most variable and extreme weather conditions.
I loved working at Canada Post! Everyday was new and exciting. In the span of a 37 year career, I was involved in every aspect of mail processing, the most challenging being a lettercarrier. It was an amazing and rewarding position, and I was constantly being approached on the street by people asking questions about my job. My coworkers were always very helpful, and I made many wonderful friend there.
Enjoy everything about it
Supply mail carrier in Formosa (Current Employee), Formosa, ONApril 24, 2016
Pros: Enjoy the people
Cons: If one does not have fire # on
I quite enjoy sorting and doing the driving for Canada Post , very much enjoy the atmosphere at the post office.
You learn to sort mail by the fire numbers,my co-worker is great will help you out if you need it. The hardest part if the fire # is not on the address and you are not familier with the name. I enjoy getting to meet a lot of new people.
Canada Post
POSTAL CLERK (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 18, 2016
Pros: good pay
Cons: On-call, large union fees
You do not get the opportunity to form colleagues and friends. The job is more of a "go in and get your work done" type of position.
Fantastic Environment
MSC Driver (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 12, 2016
The only real negative about this job is that they did not call enough, but beyond that I could not have asked for a better place to work.
Great company
ON-CALL Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Timmins, ONApril 11, 2016
Enjoyable work experience.
Love the outdoor work
lots of walking
co-workers are very helpful
great management team
unionized
once work is complete, job is done for the day
Fun place, but you will be working hard.
Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONApril 6, 2016
Pros: Free exercise
Cons: Human rights issues
A very physically hard job. 25km walking a day.
I learned to work on my own, working against physical elements.
Management has their own agenda.
Very supportive.
Getting started.
Walking around on a beautiful day.
Producive
Delivery agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 4, 2016
Sort, planing trips and delivery mail,parcels.
Planing routes for delivery special and express parcels on project called "Delivery Tonight"
collect and pick up parcels on corporate customers.
competetive employer
Mail Sorter/ Machine Operator/ Driver (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 1, 2016
Pros: its fun. simple and light
Cons: limited hours if your not permanent
i enjoy working at this place. you get to work with people of different cultures. Christmas time is good you a lot of hours/ ot. air conditioning in the summer time the only warehouse i work at that has ac.
Sorting Parcels
Postal Clerk (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 27, 2016
Pros: good pay
Cons: short hours
Great job to go into every day! great people. I sort online parcels. Nothing about the job is hard as i tent to learn quickly and management has always been fair and good.
this summary is mostly in reference to dollarama and clothing closet....rewarding and productive
Ergo helper to deliver mail (Current Employee), staples and woodsleeMarch 27, 2016
Pros: meeting new people every day
Cons: occasional long hours
challenging between setting up appointments for clients and having to maintain shelves n store and deal with customers. responsibility at a high level when it came to opening and closing store and making sure money and employees are safe. management is there to help with all concerns related to customers and employees. hardest part of these jobs was to take a disorganized state n make it organized so that every day was made a little easier but that is also the reward. rewards come in a form of accomplishment when faced with a challenging task along with the fact that I could help others in the meantime.
A great environment to work in and great place to work
Mail Carrier (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONMarch 27, 2016
Pros: Standing in one spot for long periods of time
Cons: Long hours
I really enjoyed working at Canada Post, the hours were long and I was able to work indoors and outdoors. I was able to develop my skills in customer service and with this position, was able to meet the many people that I delivered the mail to. I delivered mail, parcels and add mail to customers, including customer parcels witch required a signature for and proof of ID. The hardest thing I found was the standing while sorting the mail, as I would have to stand in the same place for long periods of time. What I loved about the job was being outdoors and being able to enjoy the nice weather once it had arrived. I leaned how to use a scanner, and was responsible for a set of community mailboxes. I was also trained to drive a left handed mail vehicle as all of the routes were rural and suburban routes.
The people make it a joy to come to work
Postal Clerk (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 26, 2016
Pros: Good wage and benefits
Cons: Little chance for advancement
Opportunity to work in a variety of job positions. A happy atmosphere - always music playing. A high intensity, fast paced environment but never a feeling of overbearing pressure.
I do conduct sports facilities
Manager, Recreation Facility (Current Employee), CanadaMarch 21, 2016
Pros: free
Cons: long
yes i can,,,I can work in this field is a specialized university and I can do as well as training courses in Itaglq domain Sports
good money if you are prepared to do the work
letter carrier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2016
Pros: job does not come home with you
Cons: poor environment, alot of unhappy people
Not an easy job, alot harder than it looks. Alot to remember and on your feet standing/walking for approx 7 hours a day. Seniority decides who gets what position. Alot of variety within the company and you can transfer to anywhere in Canada if there is an opening.
Great compensation and benefits
Postal Clerk (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 17, 2016
Pros: great exercise while working
Cons: low senority
This career is perfect for someone in great shape, who has a great attitude and the ability to learn in a quick and fast paced environment. I felt that my educational background and people skills were not able to be utilized as most work was done individually or with very small groups. I was the youngest person in most depots and that had its pros and cons. i was transferred to canada post in BC and enjoyed the experience although i was needed at home in Brampton due to family obligations. So now looking for employment here closer to home.
Good start.
Training and Development Specialist (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 17, 2016
Good for a starter. I would recommend it for someone who is seeking somewhere to begin a career. Not for a long term though.
Productive and fun place to work
Postal Clerk (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 15, 2016
Great opportunity to work with Canada Post.
All the co workers are very helpful which makes a great team.
Great supervisors with helping hands .
to be successful ,love what you do .
Postal Clerk (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 14, 2016
I like working as a member in a friendly team,with the best supervisors ever.
I always meet the deadlines and complete my tasks perfectly.
Productive and great work experience
Security Coordinator (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 8, 2016
Pros: Busy and challenging
Reviewing security clearances and assisting with other office tasks. Great team and relationship with co-workers and managers. Great work experience in a crown corporation, with flexible work environment.
Productive and fun place to work
Letter Carrier (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABMarch 1, 2016
Pros: working outside and meeting new people
Cons: too many rumours in workplace
Delivered mail door-door, loved meeting and getting to know my customers and their families. Co-workers were great to work with and management was easy to talk with.
Headquarters