Canada Post

• Salary/Benefits
Good Summer Job
contract courier (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABAugust 18, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: early mornings
Canada Post was a good summer job opportunity for me because I was a full time student only able to work during summer. The pay was good and the hours were flexible. The best part of the job was being able to choose which days I wanted to work. The hardest part of the job was the early mornings. I really enjoyed my time with Canada Post
Productive and stimulating workplace
sub contractor (Former Employee), St. Catharines, OntarioAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Very stimulating, educational work envoiroment
Cons: Being outside on foot or driving in the Canadian winter can be stressfull
I worked for Canada Post as a sub contractor for fourteen years. There are several different levels of time sensitive products which have to be dealt with on a daily basis. Customer service is paramount and you quickly realize that it takes a lot of people all working from the same playbook to successfully deliver the highest standard of service in a very competitive market.
There was always a great sense of community within and between the employees. Together we formed groups to fundraiser for disadvantaged children and former employees who had fallen on hard times.
I really enjoyed my time at Canada Post and when my contract was up in 2014 I moved back to Ireland.
Good workplace with opportunity to grow and develop
MAINTENANCE SUPERINTENDENT (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 9, 2015
There is a possibility to grow and develop. Management is co-operative and supportive. Recently, Canada Post is going through a lot of changes and accountability is all across the board.
Challenging work environment
Document procurement specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 9, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management
A new gained respect for mail delivery agents - what they deal with in terms of quantities of mail, parcels, packets, and especially flyers is astounding given the fact they must work under the unscrupulous Canada Post Corporation regime.
Horrible work environment
Temporary Letter Carrier (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Good money
Cons: Hard work, long hours, need to be healthy to do this job.
I was casual for 4 years, only to be told, I was going to be laid off. supervisor's were horrible, as far as management goes.
Greatt
Post Office Clerk (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 30, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: no perks
Very busy but good pay
Improved my french
great coworkers
hardest part about the job was that the post office I worked at was the busiest in the City. As a result, I dealt with a great number of cranky and impatient people
Alot of communication problems
Role - Letter Carrier (Former Employee), fort mcmurrayJuly 27, 2015
too many language barriers and poor attitudes most people had a attitude where they did not care. Management was scattered and issues trying to discuss anything.
fun place to work
Letter Carrier (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONJuly 23, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: working weekends
Meeting people was the best part and helping them with coulor choices for their painting projects.
Putting stock away was the hardest because of all the weight but it was good.
canada post
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), rural post officesJuly 22, 2015
it was an excellent experience and would have liked to stay if it was guaranteed hours and income however needed a more permanent job.
Only offer temporary work
Letter Carrier/ Delivery Agent (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 20, 2015
Great place to work if you had a permanent job... the only way to acquire one is to move away to more remote areas. Simply not going to happen in metro vancouver
lots of pressure
Letter Carrier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 22, 2015
started nicely but seniority kills. new employees get the job that is refused by all seniors. getting worse walk during winter made me never join canada post as letter carrier
Great job atmosphere with good training and always kept busy with work.
Temp, Volume Counter (Former Employee), Various locations, BCJune 9, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: temp and seasonal work
This was a great job for me, they provided ample training in a day and the workload was good to alway keep busy. There were times for indepenedent work and time to work in a team, the staff and management were wonderful to work with. I gained a lot of experience and had good feedback, for me that is a winning position.
repetitive
Postal Clerk (Current Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCJune 4, 2015
- a typical day at work is "do your job right and no one bothers you"

- the most enjoyable part of the job is at the end of the shift
Productive Day at Canadapost
Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 27, 2015
Pros: Paid lunches
Cons: weather is always a factor when working outside
Sort and Prep Mail. Scan advertisement's bar code for that day delivery, scan packages and parcels for delivery that. Load mail and packages into corporate vehicle. Do circle check of vehicle prior to departure. Delivery mail and packages when arrive at destination.
Flexible temporary job
Postal Clerk (Former Employee), Richmond, BCMay 26, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Although there are many procedures to memorize, once you have done so, everything becomes quite straightforward. There was a lot of time with no customers so a lot of time was spent cleaning and organizing.
The company was not giving fixed time of work.
Parcel delivery driver (Former Employee), 4567 Dixie road Mississauga.May 20, 2015
Pros: government based job was good to do.
Cons: on call system was keeping me kind of jobless.
I like the job but because of some family problems I could not continue I am still interested to go with company.I missed the time and opportunity to be govt. employee.
Great
Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 16, 2015
Canada Post is very productive employer that demand a lot from each other their employees. Although, it is difficult to get consistant hours each week
Great place to work, sometimes it's a pain
Ergonomic Assistant (Former Employee), Shubenacadie, NSMay 10, 2015
Pros: You're often back by the afternoon and therefore get to go home!
Cons: Sometimes you have to go out in bad weather.
Canada Post is certainly a decent place to work. Like all jobs though, it can be a pain.
Your typical day starts at around 7:15. You show up to work and start taking mail and parcels back to be sorted at your table that have been sorted to your route. Usually there isn't a lot of mail unless there had been a holiday or it's Christmas time so you get out pretty fast. Then the rest of the job happens; delivering the mail. The route I worked with generally took 2-5 hours depending on how much mail there was. I gained a lot of appreciation for the people who deliver the mail!
One of the people things about the job has to be the co-workers. Everyone is so friendly and caring, almost like a big family! Sadly you only get to see everybody in the morning during sorting time.
Productive, fast envirnoment
OCRSMC- On Call RSMC (Current Employee), Milton, ONMay 5, 2015
must be able to organize and time manage
heavy lifting- up to 50 pounds
very independent career
Day to day varies in amount of hours worked
Boring, well-paying work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 1, 2015
Pros: Good pay.
Cons: Wears you down in every sense.
Heavy, repetitive sorting of parcels. Can not take away much from this job besides my wallet being a bit heavier when I left.
Headquarters