Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Producitve, got your exercise
Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Camrose, ABDecember 17, 2014
Pros: the best part of the job is talking to the customers on a daily basis
Sorted and pulled your walking route. Worked in all weather conditions, going from house to house carrying up to 35lbs. Walked about 15km on a daily basis. Helped train new employees with other letter carriers
Great people to work with
On Call Relief Delivery Driver/Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 8, 2014
Pros: great supervisors
Cons: bad winters
Co-workers are great and the Supervisors are very helpful. Being a temporary worker I would go into work not knowing what walk I would have that day which I found to be an excellent challenge. A "shout out" to Supervisor Lorrie Raymond who is a great person.
Fun place with nice and caring co-workers
Postal Clerk (Current Employee), Halifax, NSDecember 7, 2014
Nice place to work
Challenging tasks with friendly co-workers.
Hard work
On-Call Rural Suburban Mail Carrier (Current Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 5, 2014
Pros: decent pay & unsupervised work environment
Cons: extremely long hours for new employees!
+Arrive at Depot between 4:30a & 5:30a.
+Sort Mail for 5 or 6 hours
+Deliver Out all Mail, Parcels, & Required Signatures
+The job itself gets better in time. It can take being with the company for months or over a year to develop speed that gets the mail sorted within 2 to 3 hours & based on the size of the route, delivered in 3 to 4 hours
+Aside from – more... wind, rain, snow, & below temperatures, the most difficult part of the job is the hours spent grasping the ins and outs
+Really challenging for new staff
+They do not have proper *new trainee* support
+But Canada Post will assign an experienced employee who will then allow the new staff to shadow with him for 3 days maximum and then the new person is then on their own
+Shuffled around weekly sometimes daily on different routes can be a challenge for a new employee
+Use your own vehicle
+Wear & tear on your vehicle
+No reimbursement for gas, only on kilometers
+I learn to appreciate my mail when I see it in the box
+Management & staff there are very supportive and will cheer you on! – less
Good place
delivery (Current Employee), everywhereDecember 4, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: working
Its a good job and I get money to do things there and I like it because its good
Many great people who work there! It was fun getting to know them all!!!!
Volume Counter (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONDecember 4, 2014
Pros: good for people who don't want to work f/t hours.
Cons: temp. jobs, the job was only created to (legally) take money from new hires and give it to the union, the union can do much better than what i experienced.
Pay continually goes down. Hours continually go down. They think that the carriers are the bad guys when they're the ones who do the Actual Work. Job was fantastic. Managers were very friendly. Most of the people were tremendous to work with!
Not the worst place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee), OntarioNovember 17, 2014
Not the worst place to work but there is no sense of team ethic, very little coaching from upper management and not an overall rewarding career. It is a highly unionize place of employment and although there are collective agreements, the rules are often bent to benefit one party or another.
productive and heavy workload duties
Letter carrier (Current Employee), Brampton ONNovember 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch hour
Cons: long hours
very productive place ..to much work to do regarding delivering ..sorting and driving specially in winter weather..the hardest part is walking to deliver door to door in very cold weather during winter time but on the other hand you enjoy communication with other people and customers that you get to know over the days of working
a very adversarial workplace.
supervisor 2005 (Former Employee), VancouverNovember 11, 2014
Pros: some very good employees
Cons: terrible culture
This was not a good work environment. It was very employee versus management. There was not much teamwork , only do it this way or else. That was the main reason I left. I just couldn't treat people who do a good job the way that management expected supervisors to do.
The worst place I ever worked.
Enjoyed my very short time there
Volume Controller (Former Employee), North Bay, ONNovember 5, 2014
I worked on a two week contract 3 hours per day. During this short time, I enjoyed the work I did and the people I worked with. I only wished the job would have been longer or developed into other opportunities.
Fast paced and enjoyable work environment.
Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 3, 2014
Pros: meet new people, great excersise, competative pay, something new everyday
Cons: cold weather/rain conditions.
I have been a on-call letter carrier for a couple of weeks and I love the work. The fast pace environment really suits my work ethic, and I really enjoy being outside whether its a foot or motorized route. I also love the people aspect of the job, and meeting new customers is always fun.
Excellent physical, fun work.
Letter Carrier (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCOctober 31, 2014
Loved the outdoors, meeting people, excellent excercise.
Transfers to new locations was accessible by seniority
Letter Carrier (Former Employee), Aurora, ONOctober 29, 2014
I met many dedicated and conscientious people, my duties were somewhat repetitive so stress due to job duties was minimized. Management on the whole were fair and understanding.
was a fun atmosphere
Post Office Clerk (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 27, 2014
Pros: admin
Cons: needed more terminals
Liked the day to day operations, however working on busy days I was on my own because they only had one terminal.
A typical day at work
Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 8, 2014
I take great pride in being a letter carrier. I love my job. First thing in the morning, I gather my containers of mail and start sorting. When finished sorting, I gather my parcels and start scanning them. Tie out all mail and put parcels in number sequence to be delivered. Load up my truck and head off to deliver mail for the day.
I respect my job
RSMC REPLACEMENT CONTRACTOR (Former Employee), Nisku, ABOctober 6, 2014
I sort the mail and package , Deliver the package and the mail ,Collect the mail take to the office
i got a great satisfaction from delivering mail
Rural route delivery (Former Employee), dover centre ontSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: learned a new skill an grew self confidence
Cons: heavy loads at times
great job great employees to work with i loved doing my job everyday that i got to work
Good Place to work
Sorter (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCSeptember 22, 2014
Good , high paying job. The only problem is that new hires seem to only get the graveyard shift. I understand its a union shop, however, if they want to retain reliable people, they need to distribute the shifts better.
Fun work place
RSMC (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 19, 2014
Very enjoyable coworkers but not so good management. unorganized for a government company.
GOOD BENEFIT AND COMPENSATION. CLEAN SORROUNDINGS.
Postal Clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: good pay. good benefits. good working environment
Cons: some supervisors are not very encouraging.
I WORKED NIGHTS AND I WORKED WITH PEOPLE OF DIFFERENT CULTURE. IN SPITE OF IT, EVERYONE IS RESPECTFUL OF EACH OTHER. WORK IS RELATIVELY EASY AND COMPENSATION IS WORTHWHILE.

1 2 3 4 5

About Canada Post

Canada Post Corporation, known more simply as Canada Post, is the Canadian crown corporation which functions as the country's – Read more

Canada Post Photos