Canada Post

Canada Post Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Amazing Place to Work
DELIVERY AGENT (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 27, 2015
Great Atmosphere and great place to work. I love the variety of work each day. It was delivering mail but it was more. I loved the customer service aspect. The hardest part of the job was getting flyers ready each day, but the longer I worked the easier it got.
Great people, great benefits
Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: lots of exercise
Cons: can be physically strenuous during peak times
A typical day at work involves 3 hours of sorting/prepping mail and parcels for delivery, followed by 5 hours of on street work. Depending on the route, there may be on foot delivery, park and go delivery, community mailboxes or any combination of the three. On my current route I have post office clearances and commercial pick ups as well.

The hurried nature of the business allowed me to improve my organizational skills and well as keep physically fit.

The hardest part of the job comes during winter holiday season. The high volume of mail and parcels combined with dangerous walking and driving conditions presents added challenges. During the summer, however, the outdoor exercise is one of the most enjoyable parts of the job. You really get to know your customers as you see them around the neighbourhood frequently.
Good place for unskilled labour.
Postal Clerk (Current Employee), MississaugaFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: paid lunches and personal days
Cons: almost no chance of career development.
Lots of repetitive work. Lots of people with different personalities. Physical job but a lot lighter than many labour jobs.
A fun place to work with a bunch of great people
Volume Count assistant (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 5, 2015
This is a truly wonderful company to work for.
Teamwork was the greatest part of working there.
Management and employees got along really well in a union environment.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a lot of terrific co-workers and postal workers.
able to do my exercise no matter what kind of wheather out there
Letter carrier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: short hours
Cons: being out on the cold
working in a loud environment, management are making sure that all route are being covered each day. everybody are helping out each other. hardest part of the job would be during winter time when there is snow on the ground. the enjoyable part would be the opposite, and able to go home early
Great Job
Rural Rout Delivery (Former Employee), Lindsay, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Absolutely loved it! Very rewarding and provided me with a great income.

Would highly recommend working for Canada Post
Good
Postal Clerk (Current Employee), Transfer in Process from Winnipeg to CalgaryFebruary 3, 2015
I like working at Canada post. Atmosphere is very good and every body is helpful. I learned lot of new work. Working at Canada post is not stress full.
A friendly warehouse setting
Postal Clerk (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 3, 2015
At first, everything seemed unfamiliar and empty, since it was in a remote locations, however as I became more familiar with my co-workers and the management, it became easier to be productive and at the same time enjoy it.
Productive and fast faced working environment
Postal Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: heavy lifting
If your shift if 4-12, you need to prepare yourself going to work after lunch .It is fun to work there especially if you already build some friendships with your co-worker. It is very important that someone working there is physically healthy to be able to do the job. the hardest part of the job is the lifting of heavy parcels coming from machine conveyor, unloading and uploading parcels to trucks.
The most enjoyable part of the job is during break time wherein you can socialize to other workers
fun workplace
POSTAL CLERK AT CANADA POST (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 28, 2015
start the shift at afternoon
must be a team player
nice co-workers
able to stand for long period
sometimes having dinner together at special occasion
Miserable postal employees
Volume Counter (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Cons: sittiting around waiting. bring a good book!
Volume Counter

You get up incredibly early, depending on where you live, you get at the location at 7:30am only to sit around for a hour and a half or two hours. I worked there for 3 years and they paid $17.17/hr and in June 2014 the reduced the pay to $15/hr. Meanwhile in Alberta, they pay $20/hr for the same work.

The job is not difficult. It's mindless work. If you consider that enjoyable, then it's enjoyable.
Productive, team environment.
CANADA POST - VARIOUS (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: experience, diversity, team environment
Cons: instability during restructuring.
After 18 1/2 years of working in several positions at Canada Post, my positions was cut during a restructuring of the business.

I enjoyed working in large projects that brought change to internal processes with vendors and outsourcing as well as new procedures and technical changes within the Corporation. I was also involved with change that would impact the unioned employees with the building of a new mechanized plant in Winnipeg.
Not for me
Relief Letter Carrier (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: cold, long hours mostly
This job takes a certain type of person to handle it. It's a loot to focus on and when you're new there is no chance of finishing a full route. In cold places it makes it almost unbearable. It pays great if you don't mind the cold or the stress.
Enjoyed with working environment
Delivery Agent/Postal clerk (Current Employee), TorontoJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: people greeted warmly
Cons: long hours with ot
Enjoy working at Canada Post a team work and as alone in the fielf or at office
Major crown corporation focused on best service possible
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: boot and glove allownallowance
Cons: on call, tough to get aprt time or full time work there
I work for Canada Post, doing parcel deliveries as an on call replacement. Hours are good during the holidays, though not as plentyful after then
Canada Post
Contractor/ Ergonomic Assistant (Former Employee), Palmerston OntarioJanuary 1, 2015
A typical day at work would include sorting and distributing letter mail and parcel packages. Would deliver the mail to all customers on rural routes. While working with Canada Post I learned how to work under pressure and show complete focus, I learned how to work well with Customers, most importantly learned how to be dedicated. In terms of management, I found the managers at Canada Post to be professional, understanding, helpful and dedicated to their jobs and employees. My co-workers were nothing but friendly and helpful with things on and off the job. I was able to form friendships that remain intact with people I had the pleasure of working with there. The hardest part of the job would have to be the weather conditions at times. Because I delivered to rural area customers, the road conditions could be somewhat frightening at times. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the people I got to work with and meet, and the atmosphere of the workplace.
Very interesting workplace
Customer Service Clerk / Cashier / Gas Attendant (Former Employee), Leamington, ONDecember 24, 2014
Pros: great responsibility
Cons: no cons
It was nice to see the process of how our mail is received and shipped out.I felt a great sense of responsibility when given this job as I people depended on me for there mail to be delivered and sent safely.
Producitve, got your exercise
Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Camrose, ABDecember 17, 2014
Pros: the best part of the job is talking to the customers on a daily basis
Sorted and pulled your walking route. Worked in all weather conditions, going from house to house carrying up to 35lbs. Walked about 15km on a daily basis. Helped train new employees with other letter carriers
Great people to work with
On Call Relief Delivery Driver/Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 8, 2014
Pros: great supervisors
Cons: bad winters
Co-workers are great and the Supervisors are very helpful. Being a temporary worker I would go into work not knowing what walk I would have that day which I found to be an excellent challenge. A "shout out" to Supervisor Lorrie Raymond who is a great person.
Fun place with nice and caring co-workers
Postal Clerk (Current Employee), Halifax, NSDecember 7, 2014
Nice place to work
Challenging tasks with friendly co-workers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Canada Post

Canada Post Corporation, known more simply as Canada Post, is the Canadian crown corporation which functions as the country's – Read more

Canada Post Photos