Canada Post Employee Reviews

A fun place to work...
Postal Clerk (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 June 2017
The work area is always clean. The employees are friendly. The work is not heavy nor hard. The management is always careful in dealing with the workers. More often than not, the workers are always taken cared of.
Pros
during summertime, free meals are served like hot dogs, burgers....
Cons
if there are not much mail to be done, working hours become shorter...
Good Job
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON24 June 2017
The job gives me more work experience and allowes me to use me previous work experience to perform the duties the duties of the job. It is a very stressful job.
Fun fast paced environement.
Post Office Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 June 2017
A typical day at work was to attend to customer, ship out packages, and apply proper postage on packages. Once a week there was a parcel audit, and every night a postage audit . The environment was fun and flexible. The hardest part of the job was working alone in the store, especially during the christmas and tax seasons. The hardest part therefore was to finish up all tasks before day end during tax and christmas season. The most enjoyable part of my job was the work environment and support.
Pros
Meeting new people for various reasons.
Cons
Lifting heavy parcels.
I shovelled snow, with a shovel, when it was snowing or had just snowed.
Snow Removal (Former Employee) –  Gretna, MB19 June 2017
Lots of snow shoveling by your self. I learned how to efficiently shovel snow. I never met the management. Snow. The hardest part of the job was finding the motivation to get out of the house and shovel snow in -45 degrees Celsius weather and then have to do it every 1-2 hours. The most enjoyable part was the warm up breaks talking to the post office lady about whatever i talked about as a school kid.
Pros
decent money for a kid
Cons
sparatic hours
Not much fun, boring repetetive work
Despatch / Receiving (Former Employee) –  London, Ontario Plant18 June 2017
Management, and especially upper management leaves a lot to be desired.
They could all use some training in people skills ,and how to best handle thwre emoloyees properly and with respect.Especialky, when confkicts are happening in the work-place, and involving descrimintion, obvious and not so apparent.
Pros
holidays, dental plan, pension
Cons
over-worked, will not hire new staff as needed on a timely nature.
Definitely a challenging job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC18 June 2017
This job definitely requires devotion to the customers needs. Also it is definitely challenging because Canada Post employees is learning something new everyday because of the challenges they face and the responsibility to protects the clients mail that they take. It still remains interesting in my opinion because I see that my hard work pays off well when I get the customer's trust and I see them returning to me with a smile more often.
Une journée de livraison
FFRS (Current Employee) –  Bécancour, QC16 June 2017
Quand on arrive au bureau .. on ramasse courrier et TDP ... on tri de courrier et les colis .. on attache et on est prêt a aller livrer le courrier autant sur le rurale que urbain ... Je travail avec ma voiture a tout les jours ..Habituer a travailler sous pression pas toujours facile mais on y arrive quand on aime notre emploie... Se que j'aime le plus de cet emploie le contact des clients lors de livraisons ... on travail a notre rythme sans dépasser nos hres ...
Pros
travail de semaine - 5 jours
Cons
toujours debout ..... et colis parfois lourd
A great place to work
Sampler (Term Position) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC15 June 2017
The best jobs I've ever had were while working for this company. They pay way above average for basic work and give you amazing benefits on top of that. The management are almost never around, so it can usually be pretty chill. 10/10 would recommend again.
Pros
Tons of money for barely any work
Cons
managers are never around for you to ask for help
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 June 2017
Was a good place to work employees were very easy to get along with. Job tasks were enjoyable and I was trained to know exactly what to do in situation, gained lots of customer service knowledge from this job.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Scheduling
Great stability
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON7 June 2017
Wonderful people to work with , pension plan is great , allows me to work close to home , can transfer anywhere within Canada .i have great benefits . Many different shifts. Vacation time is very competive , many different jobs within the company
Letter Carrier driver supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 June 2017
Great culture of people but racism there a lot people say there friends but really aren't as they will backstab u in a sec the supervisors poorly trained in positions they r put as experienced workers will always correct them an a lot of lazy people working there
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No advancement
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 June 2017
I have no complaints about Canada Post. Some clients can be hard to deal with but otherwise a great environment. There are lots of opportunities here/
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Not much
très bon environnement de travail
Compteur de volume des opérations postales (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC2 June 2017
bon esprit d'équipe,bonne communication et belle ambiance de travail
Co-workers
Delivery Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2017
The Co-workers were really amazing. No matter how busy everyone got, they always took the time to answer all your questions.
The hardest part about this job was the task they required you to do within an eight hour shift, knowing it would proceed past 10.
Pros
The freedom to be out doors
Overall I enjoyed working at Canada Post
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 June 2017
Overall I enjoyed working with Canada Post. Meeting customers on my route was the most enjoyable part of my job. I also enjoyed working in different parts of the city. The hardest part of the job was working in very unfavorable weather conditions.I learned how to deal with problem solve while out on the route.
On Call Relief Rural = 85% pay
Letter Carrier (Previous RSMC) (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 June 2017
Providing your own vehicle with costly delivery insurance and earning a maximum of 85% of what route holders earn is ridiculous. There are no permanent routes available in Sidney BC so full time work is obsolete, and no uniforms are provided. Expect to work a minimum of 12 hr days during Xmas earning less than minimum wage - as you watch On Call Letter Carriers in fully provided uniforms earn $19.86 p/hr driving company vehicle with overtime paid after 7.5hrs - doing the EXACT same job.
I worked for 6 months as a relief rural driver - and have now worked almost 4 yrs as a casual letter carrier where I am making three times the money. More opportunities for permanent employment as a Letter Carrier if you need a regular income.
Pros
Flex start time
Cons
less than minimum wage
Very great job environment
Post Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2017
Had a wonderful time working here. Great coworkers as well as very polite clients although sometimes you get the bad apple out of the bunch. I obtained a lot of new skills that I would not have learned had I not been employed here.
canada post
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 May 2017
It was a pretty standard government job,, with lots of favor for the supervisor and management over the employees. The workers union seems to be consistently losing in the battle for worker rights, with no true silver lining in sight.
Good
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 May 2017
Great benefits/ pension... large contribution required
Cost of living increases not factored into our wage increases
Hard repetitive jobs
Union is very high cost
Pros
Cons
Union
Champion various projects and assignments
Supervisor, Operations, Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON, Oakville22 May 2017
I started out has a driver and worked my way up to Management and before early retirement was in charge of Zone Restructuring, Delivery implementation and Quality (Greenbelt, Sigma).
Pros
Was able to utilize my skills social and developmental task
Cons
Bilingual

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Post. Our community is ready to answer.