Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great job atmosphere with good training and always kept busy with work.
Temp, Volume Counter (Former Employee), Various locations, BCJune 9, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: temp and seasonal work
This was a great job for me, they provided ample training in a day and the workload was good to alway keep busy. There were times for indepenedent work and time to work in a team, the staff and management were wonderful to work with. I gained a lot of experience and had good feedback, for me that is a winning position.
repetitive
Postal Clerk (Current Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCJune 4, 2015
- a typical day at work is "do your job right and no one bothers you"

- the most enjoyable part of the job is at the end of the shift
Productive Day at Canadapost
Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 27, 2015
Pros: Paid lunches
Cons: weather is always a factor when working outside
Sort and Prep Mail. Scan advertisement's bar code for that day delivery, scan packages and parcels for delivery that. Load mail and packages into corporate vehicle. Do circle check of vehicle prior to departure. Delivery mail and packages when arrive at destination.
Flexible temporary job
Postal Clerk (Former Employee), Richmond, BCMay 26, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Although there are many procedures to memorize, once you have done so, everything becomes quite straightforward. There was a lot of time with no customers so a lot of time was spent cleaning and organizing.
The company was not giving fixed time of work.
Parcel delivery driver (Former Employee), 4567 Dixie road Mississauga.May 20, 2015
Pros: government based job was good to do.
Cons: on call system was keeping me kind of jobless.
I like the job but because of some family problems I could not continue I am still interested to go with company.I missed the time and opportunity to be govt. employee.
Great
Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 16, 2015
Canada Post is very productive employer that demand a lot from each other their employees. Although, it is difficult to get consistant hours each week
Great place to work, sometimes it's a pain
Ergonomic Assistant (Former Employee), Shubenacadie, NSMay 10, 2015
Pros: You're often back by the afternoon and therefore get to go home!
Cons: Sometimes you have to go out in bad weather.
Canada Post is certainly a decent place to work. Like all jobs though, it can be a pain.
Your typical day starts at around 7:15. You show up to work and start taking mail and parcels back to be sorted – more... at your table that have been sorted to your route. Usually there isn't a lot of mail unless there had been a holiday or it's Christmas time so you get out pretty fast. Then the rest of the job happens; delivering the mail. The route I worked with generally took 2-5 hours depending on how much mail there was. I gained a lot of appreciation for the people who deliver the mail!
One of the people things about the job has to be the co-workers. Everyone is so friendly and caring, almost like a big family! Sadly you only get to see everybody in the morning during sorting time. – less
Productive, fast envirnoment
OCRSMC- On Call RSMC (Current Employee), Milton, ONMay 5, 2015
must be able to organize and time manage
heavy lifting- up to 50 pounds
very independent career
Day to day varies in amount of hours worked
Boring, well-paying work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 1, 2015
Pros: Good pay.
Cons: Wears you down in every sense.
Heavy, repetitive sorting of parcels. Can not take away much from this job besides my wallet being a bit heavier when I left.
Good benefit
Supervisor/Expeditor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 28, 2015
Pros: Benefit
Cons: Shift work
Identify and report mail arrival variation such as delays, volumes, mail make up issues, risks in achieving the cut
off and issues related to missed pulls, dispatches or incorrect tagging
Productive and fun workplace
Volume counter (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONApril 19, 2015
It is nice team work with friendly co-workers and wonderful management. I had good experience in this office learning how to be good worker as a Volume Counter. I really enjoyed to be part of this great team.
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 ArialMT;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;} \defta
Postal Clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 11, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Not enough hours
Enjoy working at Canada post most people are friendly mostly sort mail ,load or unload trucks we sort parcels and ad mail (flyers) only thing can't see outside
I have been able to go through all changes within the Corporation and it has given me a good life and made wonderful friendships over the years.
colour code case plans for Letter Carrier (Former Employee), 955/951 Highbury Avenue London ONApril 8, 2015
Pros: Great people, good benefits and pay
Cons: Ongoing union challenges
I have had many opportunities to learn different area of the company and have worked with many challenging personalities. My co-workers were great, friendly helpful people. Management at times can be hard to see the workers point of views. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the start to finish in the work process.
independent and flexible
delivery driver (Former Employee), Jordan, ONMarch 27, 2015
Pros: my own hours
Cons: outdoors
Was a great Job to able to still take care of my kids and make enough money to cover sitters/day-cares so that i may do my job efficiently Was able to work alone and with others during sorting. Small building of only a handful of people and was very friendly.
Abusive
On Call letter carrier (Former Employee), OttawaMarch 25, 2015
Worked as a on Call letter Carrier. Salary is reasonable but the job is extremely demanding mostly physically , Expect to be Deprived from benefits for more than 2 years . The corporation is badly divided – more... into labour and management, and both have separate and totally different rights and benefits, the result is a very wild and cruel senior management. Mostly you'll be used during the harsh winter days to work and unintentionally be used to threaten old employees (those who have high benefits and the corporation want to replace them with cheap employment with no benefits like us. but the good things is that you'll have very nice and easy going colleagues, and you'll be on shape but expect back and knee problems after you just finish the long probation period – less
It was great working in Retail at Canada Post
Lead Hand/Counter Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 25, 2015
I really enjoyed working in Retail. I had many regular customers that I enjoyed talking to, and selling or up selling product. I had many friends at work with co workers, and supervisors.
Horrible
Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier (Current Employee), Regina, SKMarch 19, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management; and loooooongg hours
It takes forever to sort the amount of mail I have. I have to be in there by about 6 in the morning so that I can get done at a decent time. Management is horrible; they did not send in two weeks from February and still have not sent them in.The co-workers are amazing and are the only bright part of the day;
clean, nice surroundings, beautiful place to work
Material Handler (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 12, 2015
place is new, very well designed, very nice lounge room and locker rooms, nice ventilation system, fun to work, people are friendly.
badplace
Letter Carrier (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 12, 2015
Routes are getting bigger, workload is double, starting wage dropped 4$ hr, headhunters are out, they want high paid people gone, place is going to fold,
RSMC's are not valued like a regular mail carrier.
Rural/Suburban Mail Carrier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 5, 2015
Pros: manager of your own time to an extent
Cons: very, very long and mismanaged days.
Which will only spell big trouble for a company transitioning all its emloyees to RSMC's. Their salary range does not reflect the actual hours demanded of an RSMC.

1 2 3 4 5

About Canada Post

Canada Post is a world leader in the postal industry. As Canada’s leading provider of e-commerce and customer communication – Read more

Canada Post Photos