Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and busy while physically demanding.
Mail Sorter (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 5, 2016
Pros: Co-worker's like having fun at a repetitive job.
Cons: Physically demanding job
Sort parcels for different locations within Canada, Sort heavy 3rd class mail such as magazines, sort letter for city delivery.
not for everyone
Delivery Agent (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2016
good pay, great co workers, and a job which isnt made for everyone to enjoy.

stressful for beginners will have to work in all different weather conditions and timings.
fun workplace
Letter Carrier (Current Employee), fort mcmcurrayJanuary 20, 2016
this is a awesome company to work for, its a little hard to get your foot in the door but when you do, its a job that you will have for the rest of your life.
Physically draining.
Casual On Call Relief Mail Carrier (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Sorting and delivering mail, flyers and packages to mail boxes and homes. Long hours and physically challenging. People in the work place are friendly but you are on your own most of the day.
13 years as a operational supervisor and declared surplus
Operational Supervisor (Former Employee), Langley, BCJanuary 12, 2016
Pros: Leadership experience
Cons: Out of a job, declared surplus
Not much to say. Worked hard, lots of shifts, A daily commute from Surrey to Vancouver for many years and transferred to Langley to be closer to home. Had to start holiday seniority all over but I didn't have to commute as far. I ran afternoon shift operations for six years and then declared surplus when I was promised that would never happen. It did. We had to sell the house we built and move.
Hard place to work for
postal clerk (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCJanuary 8, 2016
Pros: Pension
Cons: Harrassment
Although Canada Post allowed me to own my home the behind the scene differences encouraged me to retire early with a penalty to my pension
I had fun working at Canada Post having Gym in the workplace.
Data Entry (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 8, 2016
I liked most things about my workplace. Friendly and having team work among my co workers.
I am a team player and I can easily get along well with my co workers.
The hardest part of the job if someone among your co worker is not a team player.
I measure enjoyment and success in terms of satisfaction and happiness. If everyone is co operatiive, you feel happy and able work effeciently.
Good pay and benefits
Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier-RSMC (Current Employee), Woodbridge, ONDecember 22, 2015
Pros: Good pay and benefits
Cons: working with flyers
The job involves sorting letters and parcels and get them ready for delivery. Once you get your own route the job gets routine and easier but when you first start the job is tough, especially if you have to manually sort all the mail. Nowadays, they started to convert to machine sorted sequenced mail and that helps a lot the start-ups who have to cover different routes at any given day.

Also, working with flyers is hard. If you get several flyers for a day, you have to collate them and that takes up to 2-3 hours after you come back from delivery. I would say the flyers are the toughest part of the job.

Other than that, the pay is good and you get various benefits, and 3 weeks of paid vacation plus 5 paid sick days which is very good.
Suce a good place for all level of people.
Postal Clerk (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 20, 2015
As a government company Canada Post is a very good place to work. It is a place to learn how postal department is serving the nation. Both management and co-workers are good enough. The hardest part of the job is to work with the team because all people are not same. And most interesting thing is flexibility at work.
Sinking ship
Director, Advanced Business Analytics (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 12, 2015
Pros: Good if you speak French
Cons: Resume' value degrades as you work more.
Company has to find new ways to cut cost and easiest place is employees related. Declining mail volume and competitive parcel market makes it a difficult place to survive.
Corprate
Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Quesnel, BCDecember 11, 2015
When I was hired on I expected so much more, maybe that comes from my years of being self employed but its just not what I thought it would be.
great people to work with
Transport truck diver/labourer, line cook (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONDecember 11, 2015
Pros: Good work atmosphere
Cons: nil
It was a great place to work. Lots of over time.
Long hours that I liked.
Great boss.
great co-workers.
Had to leave, as the Canada Post
subcontracted out the transportation.

That's when I took a job with Purolator.
Great managment and fun environment
Mail Carrier - Cover Worker (Former Employee), Port Stanley, ONDecember 9, 2015
Pros: good wages
Cons: excessive flyers
I was only a cover worker but the time I did spend in the office, the staff were always respectable and nice. The time always went by fast and I enjoyed the customers and early mornings to mid afternoons.
All in all, if I could I wouldn't mind sorting mail again.
Meeting new people.
Postmaster (Former Employee), Rossburn, MBDecember 7, 2015
Working for Canada Post has taught me how to interact positively with the public. It was a very enjoyable place to work, especially meeting new people moving to twon.
great workplace
qa analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 7, 2015
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job

Nice work environment and would recommend it as a very employee oriented corporation.
Consistant
Casual on call outlet employee (Former Employee), Montrose, BCDecember 6, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: no room for advancement
It became abundantly clear that any advance in this organization was going to be very few and far between.
I thoroughly enjoyed the customer service portion of this position.
Friendly, enjoyable experience.
Mail Volume Counter (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONDecember 3, 2015
Pros: self directed
Cons: short term employment, part time.
I really enjoyed the time I spent here. The job was stress free and easy to pick up, good people,good environment. The only downside to this position was that it was temporary. The job was done for the day in four hours and the placement was only two weeks.
always something to do
Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABDecember 3, 2015
Pros: Short hours some days
Cons: Sore body
typical day-sort and deliver mail
Learned-organizational skills and self motivation
Management-decent
Co-workers-alright
Hardest part of job-learning things about your self and accepting your faults and working on them.
The most enjoyable-Learning about your self and growing. EXERCISE!
Serving/Selling Postal Services to general public and businesses,
Postal Clerk/Acting Postmistress (Former Employee), Morrisburg, ONDecember 2, 2015
Interesting fun place to work with very helpful and cooperative Office Management and co-workers. Personal growth and developement and putting other peoples concerns first. Not just about numbers and politics. A fair bit of red tape but to be expected with companies of this caliber and size. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting new people from all walks of life and working and learning from my co-workers. Ensuring correct and proper solutions to the publics concerns and complaints were met with approval and acceptance to them.
Sorting Mail
Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 30, 2015
Pros: Excellent Benefits, People
Cons: High Injury
Currently sorting mail parcels and packets. Very good work ethic and team work.

Most enjoyable part of job is definitely customer service, along with communications/interactions.

Enjoy going that extra mile to make a difference to customers.
Headquarters