Canada Post Employee Reviews in Canada

a mix of Improvement Potential but not without a sense of Jeopardy
Middle Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCJuly 1, 2016
Best paid indoor jobs within humane and high tech facilities.
Lots of management tools available but could use some on hands on training to benefit effectively. Now beginning to grow increasingly in paper pushing management staff instead of talented, front line, hands on teamleaders. Union has grown to be the major stumbling block for competitiveness of the organization in the global market.
Relaxed working environment
Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, ABJuly 18, 2016
A very flexible place to work at. The days are as long as you determine them to be. If you work fast, then you are done for the day. If you go slower then your day is longer. It is up to you to decide. The hardest part of the job is Christmas time but its not for an extended period of time. The most enjoyable part of the day is when you get out on your route and its just you and your music.
Pros
Great benefits
Canadian Industry Leader
Assistant Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 7, 2016
Canada Post provided a great team environment and working anywhere in the company allows you to learn a great deal about all things business such as marketing, logistics, advertising, and sales.

With such a need for integration between departments, it allows you to branch out and create networks all throughout the company.
Pros
Working for a company that has an impact on Canada
High School
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carstairs, ABMay 10, 2016
Is a typical multi-level business. worked your own hours. I learned from here was that most of the upper people don't know as much as some of the people coming in and that they were in the right spot at the right time.Management was really not there unless you were producing. The co-workers wasn't there you were on your own. The hardest part of the job was ignoring the harassing of not recruiting. The best part was out producing the ones who had teams but weren't selling because they focused on recuiting.
POSTAL CLERK (PO4) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 24, 2016
I work in City Finals which means this department sorts the mail to the letter carrier routes to whichever depot in the City of Edmonton. With Edmonton growing as it is, I get to learn more street names and where they are located so if asked for directions from someone I would be able to assist them. I am able to get alone with both the management and my co-workers. I find that working nights and trying to sleep during the day (especially in summer as it is brighter and warmer during the day) can be problematic but there are ways around that. The best part, I find, is getting the job done by getting the mail sorted to the letter carrier so that they can get the mail to our customer.
Pros
Seniority gives you the option for work placement
Cons
Possibility of being locked out and/or on strike whenever contract ends.
better paying job and flexible work schedule.
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCApril 29, 2016
typical workday involves prepping of mails, running mails on machine, sweeping and despatching mails to its different points of destination.
because thejob is so physical, i am easily able to lift heavy loads compared to other people my age who have not had any lifting experience.
the hardest part of my job is i think are the management people.
i enjoy working and get along with co-workers.
Pros
more overtime and cancelled rdos, easily take off
Cons
management and broken machines
Horrible Employer
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 12, 2016
I worked for Canada Post for over 10 years and as soon as I got sick and need multiple surgeries and went on disability I was treated horrible by my supervisors. The benefits and pay was good. They are horrible to deal with when it comes to communication. If you need to speak with someone in the office you are put through to an answering machine and no one ever calls you back. I am now retiring and was told that I owe over $900.00 in over payment. I called and finally spoke with someone yesterday and now I owe $1,900.00??! I am a sick person with bills to pay and medical bills to pay and now they want to rob me of $1,900.00? I have not received a statement in the mail in months to provide me with a reason or a break down as to what this charge is for.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Horrible communication. Stressful environment. Rude management.
Hard work,but rewarding
Mail Clerk, Mail Dispatcher, and Letter carrier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 24, 2016
I loved working at Canada Post! Everyday was new and exciting. In the span of a 37 year career, I was involved in every aspect of mail processing, the most challenging being a lettercarrier. It was an amazing and rewarding position, and I was constantly being approached on the street by people asking questions about my job. My coworkers were always very helpful, and I made many wonderful friend there.
Pros
Extremely rewarding at the end of the day-huge job satisfaction!
Cons
Very long hours sometimes, often in the most variable and extreme weather conditions.
great benefits
Superviseur (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 27, 2016
Great place to work outside management. Unfortunately existing management. Harassment and favouritism comes to play within management group (Montreal ) as for it`s policies and work environment as a company I do consider it a top company to work for.
Pros
great benefits along with good working conditions
Cons
be aware of favouritism if advancement is what you are looking for
Excellent company to work for.
RSMC (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, ABMay 17, 2016
Lots of laughs and giggles with co-workers and management is great! Have learned so much with C.P. and the hardest for me is change with in the office.Most enjoyable is having a purpose and pleasing my customers are rewarding,
Pros
All occassions we have potlucks, staff appreciation days, coffee donuts ect.
Cons
long hours during Xmas rush, and after holidays long hrs as well, doing flyers
Like working here
Mail Carrier/Mail Sorter – Casual Part Time (Current Employee) –  Kentville, NSMay 24, 2016
Hard to get hours as casual. The people are friendly and helpful. Management was great to work along with.

It was great to be in the outdoors in all types of weather.

The early morning meant you had the day to yourself depending on hours you worked.

hard to get an idea of a steady schedule. People moved in from the city and bumped you down and out.
Good working conditions and decent pay
Postal worker - transportation (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 31, 2016
Canada Post is very structured place to work. The work ahead of you is usually planned out as to how long it will take etc.
Co-workers, for the most part, are friendly and helpful. Also management as well.
Good work environment, but it can be very repetitive which can get tiresome.
Pros
good pay..good work environment
Cons
repetitive work
Enjoy everything about it
Supply mail carrier in Formosa (Current Employee) –  Formosa, ONApril 24, 2016
I quite enjoy sorting and doing the driving for Canada Post , very much enjoy the atmosphere at the post office.
You learn to sort mail by the fire numbers,my co-worker is great will help you out if you need it. The hardest part if the fire # is not on the address and you are not familier with the name. I enjoy getting to meet a lot of new people.
Pros
Enjoy the people
Cons
If one does not have fire # on
Very little work offered, great if you live with parents
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 5, 2016
So many people quit, the turnover is huge
They called me once a week, every time a different route,I ended up going back to my country I was an Engineer.
Canada Post is a horrible employer, the managers are not welcoming and tired of all the new trainees
Stay away.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours, long walks, weather conditions, dogs
this summary is mostly in reference to dollarama and clothing closet....rewarding and productive
Ergo helper to deliver mail (Current Employee) –  staples and woodsleeMarch 27, 2016
challenging between setting up appointments for clients and having to maintain shelves n store and deal with customers. responsibility at a high level when it came to opening and closing store and making sure money and employees are safe. management is there to help with all concerns related to customers and employees. hardest part of these jobs was to take a disorganized state n make it organized so that every day was made a little easier but that is also the reward. rewards come in a form of accomplishment when faced with a challenging task along with the fact that I could help others in the meantime.
Pros
meeting new people every day
Cons
occasional long hours
Great compensation and benefits
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMarch 17, 2016
This career is perfect for someone in great shape, who has a great attitude and the ability to learn in a quick and fast paced environment. I felt that my educational background and people skills were not able to be utilized as most work was done individually or with very small groups. I was the youngest person in most depots and that had its pros and cons. i was transferred to canada post in BC and enjoyed the experience although i was needed at home in Brampton due to family obligations. So now looking for employment here closer to home.
Pros
great exercise while working
Cons
low senority
Complete
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Caledonia, ONJuly 18, 2016
A good place to work. It helps if you're related to the post master though. A lot of family works here, but I wasn't one of them. I proved I was a reliable, and dependable employee. I never took a sick day off work, in all my years there. I had a great track record, to my credit.
Pros
No weekend work
Cons
Worked in rain, sleet and snow
great for cardio
Postal Service Mail Carrier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2016
-great work out
-new routes new challenges
-sorting mail can be draining in the morning
-must have clean driving record to operate company vehicle
-deal with the public
-learn how every station runs accordingly
-great work/life balance
Pros
great for health
Cons
your basically doing labour
Friendly enivronment
Post Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 24, 2016
Working at Canada post teaches you to learn new thing everyday. I believe life is learning process and everyday you learn something new. The typical day at work usually include handling postage to customers, up selling the coins and others promotional offers to customers. Assisting customer through customs, Delivering customers their parcels, Creating final notice reports for parcels and returns.Daily paper work and administrative work.The management team is very friendly and helpful to each other during the mail pick up time, it is usually business everyone cooperates with each other and work in fast pace, making customers happy.
good money if you are prepared to do the work
letter carrier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2016
Not an easy job, alot harder than it looks. Alot to remember and on your feet standing/walking for approx 7 hours a day. Seniority decides who gets what position. Alot of variety within the company and you can transfer to anywhere in Canada if there is an opening.
Pros
job does not come home with you
Cons
poor environment, alot of unhappy people