Canada Post

Canada Post Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, team environment.
CANADA POST - VARIOUS (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: experience, diversity, team environment
Cons: instability during restructuring.
After 18 1/2 years of working in several positions at Canada Post, my positions was cut during a restructuring of the business.

I enjoyed working in large projects that brought change to internal processes with vendors and outsourcing as well as new procedures and technical changes within the Corporation. I was also involved with change that would impact the unioned employees with the building of a new mechanized plant in Winnipeg.
Not for me
Relief Letter Carrier (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: cold, long hours mostly
This job takes a certain type of person to handle it. It's a loot to focus on and when you're new there is no chance of finishing a full route. In cold places it makes it almost unbearable. It pays great if you don't mind the cold or the stress.
Enjoyed with working environment
Delivery Agent/Postal clerk (Current Employee), TorontoJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: people greeted warmly
Cons: long hours with ot
Enjoy working at Canada Post a team work and as alone in the fielf or at office
Major crown corporation focused on best service possible
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: boot and glove allownallowance
Cons: on call, tough to get aprt time or full time work there
I work for Canada Post, doing parcel deliveries as an on call replacement. Hours are good during the holidays, though not as plentyful after then
Canada Post
Contractor/ Ergonomic Assistant (Former Employee), Palmerston OntarioJanuary 1, 2015
A typical day at work would include sorting and distributing letter mail and parcel packages. Would deliver the mail to all customers on rural routes. While working with Canada Post I learned how to work under pressure and show complete focus, I learned how to work well with Customers, most importantly learned how to be dedicated. In terms of management, I found the managers at Canada Post to be professional, understanding, helpful and dedicated to their jobs and employees. My co-workers were nothing but friendly and helpful with things on and off the job. I was able to form friendships that remain intact with people I had the pleasure of working with there. The hardest part of the job would have to be the weather conditions at times. Because I delivered to rural area customers, the road conditions could be somewhat frightening at times. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the people I got to work with and meet, and the atmosphere of the workplace.
Very interesting workplace
Customer Service Clerk / Cashier / Gas Attendant (Former Employee), Leamington, ONDecember 24, 2014
Pros: great responsibility
Cons: no cons
It was nice to see the process of how our mail is received and shipped out.I felt a great sense of responsibility when given this job as I people depended on me for there mail to be delivered and sent safely.
Producitve, got your exercise
Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Camrose, ABDecember 17, 2014
Pros: the best part of the job is talking to the customers on a daily basis
Sorted and pulled your walking route. Worked in all weather conditions, going from house to house carrying up to 35lbs. Walked about 15km on a daily basis. Helped train new employees with other letter carriers
Great people to work with
On Call Relief Delivery Driver/Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 8, 2014
Pros: great supervisors
Cons: bad winters
Co-workers are great and the Supervisors are very helpful. Being a temporary worker I would go into work not knowing what walk I would have that day which I found to be an excellent challenge. A "shout out" to Supervisor Lorrie Raymond who is a great person.
Fun place with nice and caring co-workers
Postal Clerk (Current Employee), Halifax, NSDecember 7, 2014
Nice place to work
Challenging tasks with friendly co-workers.
Hard work
On-Call Rural Suburban Mail Carrier (Current Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 5, 2014
Pros: decent pay & unsupervised work environment
Cons: extremely long hours for new employees!
+Arrive at Depot between 4:30a & 5:30a.
+Sort Mail for 5 or 6 hours
+Deliver Out all Mail, Parcels, & Required Signatures
+The job itself gets better in time. It can take being with the company for months or over a year to develop speed that gets the mail sorted within 2 to 3 hours & based on the size of the route, delivered in 3 to 4 hours
+Aside from wind, rain, snow, & below temperatures, the most difficult part of the job is the hours spent grasping the ins and outs
+Really challenging for new staff
+They do not have proper *new trainee* support
+But Canada Post will assign an experienced employee who will then allow the new staff to shadow with him for 3 days maximum and then the new person is then on their own
+Shuffled around weekly sometimes daily on different routes can be a challenge for a new employee
+Use your own vehicle
+Wear & tear on your vehicle
+No reimbursement for gas, only on kilometers
+I learn to appreciate my mail when I see it in the box
+Management & staff there are very supportive and will cheer you on!
Good place
delivery (Current Employee), everywhereDecember 4, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: working
Its a good job and I get money to do things there and I like it because its good
Many great people who work there! It was fun getting to know them all!!!!
Volume Counter (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONDecember 4, 2014
Pros: good for people who don't want to work f/t hours.
Cons: temp. jobs, the job was only created to (legally) take money from new hires and give it to the union, the union can do much better than what i experienced.
Pay continually goes down. Hours continually go down. They think that the carriers are the bad guys when they're the ones who do the Actual Work. Job was fantastic. Managers were very friendly. Most of the people were tremendous to work with!
Not the worst place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee), OntarioNovember 17, 2014
Not the worst place to work but there is no sense of team ethic, very little coaching from upper management and not an overall rewarding career. It is a highly unionize place of employment and although there are collective agreements, the rules are often bent to benefit one party or another.
productive and heavy workload duties
Letter carrier (Current Employee), Brampton ONNovember 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch hour
Cons: long hours
very productive place ..to much work to do regarding delivering ..sorting and driving specially in winter weather..the hardest part is walking to deliver door to door in very cold weather during winter time but on the other hand you enjoy communication with other people and customers that you get to know over the days of working
a very adversarial workplace.
supervisor 2005 (Former Employee), VancouverNovember 11, 2014
Pros: some very good employees
Cons: terrible culture
This was not a good work environment. It was very employee versus management. There was not much teamwork , only do it this way or else. That was the main reason I left. I just couldn't treat people who do a good job the way that management expected supervisors to do.
The worst place I ever worked.
Enjoyed my very short time there
Volume Controller (Former Employee), North Bay, ONNovember 5, 2014
I worked on a two week contract 3 hours per day. During this short time, I enjoyed the work I did and the people I worked with. I only wished the job would have been longer or developed into other opportunities.
Fast paced and enjoyable work environment.
Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 3, 2014
Pros: meet new people, great excersise, competative pay, something new everyday
Cons: cold weather/rain conditions.
I have been a on-call letter carrier for a couple of weeks and I love the work. The fast pace environment really suits my work ethic, and I really enjoy being outside whether its a foot or motorized route. I also love the people aspect of the job, and meeting new customers is always fun.
Excellent physical, fun work.
Letter Carrier (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCOctober 31, 2014
Loved the outdoors, meeting people, excellent excercise.
Transfers to new locations was accessible by seniority
Letter Carrier (Former Employee), Aurora, ONOctober 29, 2014
I met many dedicated and conscientious people, my duties were somewhat repetitive so stress due to job duties was minimized. Management on the whole were fair and understanding.
was a fun atmosphere
Post Office Clerk (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 27, 2014
Pros: admin
Cons: needed more terminals
Liked the day to day operations, however working on busy days I was on my own because they only had one terminal.

1 2 3 4 5

About Canada Post

Canada Post Corporation, known more simply as Canada Post, is the Canadian crown corporation which functions as the country's – Read more

Canada Post Photos