Canada Malting Company
POSITION TITLE: Laboratory Technician
LOCATION: Thunder Bay, Ontario
POSITION: Canada Malting, a major processor of barley malt for domestic and foreign brewers, is currently recruiting for 1 full time, temporary (May 1, 2014 – August 29, 2014) Laboratory Technician to join our Quality Assurance Team at our Thunder Bay, Ontario facility.
- Perform malt and barley analysis in accordance with established methods and procedures, while following all required safety protocols.
- Maintain integrity and calibration of laboratory instruments and troubleshoot technical problems in the laboratory.
- Record and process data for lab reports and communicate quality variations to appropriate QA personnel.
- Maintain integrity of all laboratory records.
- Actively participate in developing and maintaining QA Systems encompassing the quality principles outlined by the International Standards Organization, with emphasis on documentation and preparation of SOP’s.
- Maintain a clean and orderly workstation.
- Complete general quality control and laboratory related tasks as directed.
- Order and receive laboratory supplies. Maintain appropriate documentation.
- Perform all other duties or special assignments that are deemed necessary.
- Conducting special testing of an investigative nature as required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working in an analytical lab, with advanced analytical instrumentation.
- Must be proficient in the use of a computer, skills to include Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to proactively identify problems and propose solutions.
- The ability to communicate effectively with supervisors and co-workers.
- Must be self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices.
EDUCATION: A Bachelor of Science degree with a major in a Chemistry related field.
COMPENSATION: A competitive compensation will be provided.
CONTACT: Tanya Idt