Canada Malting Company
POSITION TITLE: Operator/Laborer
LOCATION: Thunder Bay, Ontario
POSITION SCOPE: Canada Malting, a major processor of barley malt for domestic and foreign brewers, is currently recruiting for 2 production employees to join our production team at our Thunder Bay, Ontario facility. GrainCorp is committed to zero harm by ensuring safety is integral to every decision, process and action. The successful candidate will be required to perform operational and sanitation duties in either our Malting or Grain handling operations.
- Loading and unloading of malt vessels using automated and or manual transfer equipment.
- Operation of malthouse using automated process controls.
- Manual washing of malting vessels using high pressure wash hoses.
- Cleaning of vessels using various chemical sanitizing agents.
- General sanitation duties as required.
- Operation of a grain handling facility using automated process controls.
- Loading and unloading of grain from railcars (work from heights).
- General sanitation of grain elevator. Vacuuming, sweeping and/or shoveling of grain.
- Safety training provided upon hiring.
- PPE required in all work environments.
- Shift work required.
- Some positions require outdoor work.
- Indoor work environments can vary between wet, dusty, cold, hot and high noise conditions.
- Work around automated equipment.
- Educational and apprenticeship programs available.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma. Preference will be given to those applicants with post-secondary education (power engineering or related courses)
- Previous experience in grain handling, food processing or manufacturing considered an asset.
- High degree of mechanical aptitude through apprenticeship or job related experience.
- Previous safety training an asset.
- Communication skills both verbal and written with emphasis on English.
PAY RATE: As per collective agreement
CONTACT: Interested applicants should forward a resume by end of day Tuesday, February 11, 2014
Human Resources - CMC