Canada Goose Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Staff Worker (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON27 September 2017
A typical day at work would be cleaning and packaging of finished products. The management was great and yeah the workplace was good. otherwise everything is ok.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
less time
Good for first corporate job but not the best company overall
Marker Maker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 July 2017
I was warned by friends that were already working there (or had worked there) that there is a lot of drama and politics. I was lucky enough to be in the only drama free department with a legitimately nice supervisor. I learned how a corporate company works but I didn't really advance career wise and knew its nearly impossible to at this company as they're not really a company that promotes a lot of people.

I know people in other departments were forced to use vacation days before to stay home once not out of their own choice. I know some employees had to work at home in order to finish the load of work which sometimes could be a bit unrealistic. Some managers/supervisors from other departments were bullies, condescending and inappropriate. I was told raises were always very minimal as well if given and they try to low-ball you when they first present your salary(I had to bargain for a more reasonable one). I knew taking this job would not allow me job security as I heard from many friends that they had a reputation for laying off a lot of employees with no justifiable reasons like myself. I took the job anyway because of the brand name, so if you wouldn't mind taking a risk of possibly not lasting long in this company just to put Canada Goose on your resume then go ahead. Otherwise if you want job security I wouldn't recommend it.
Pros
Bagel Fridays, Gym Facility
Cons
Bad politics, drama, no job security, low salary
Good company. I learned many things, new knowledge and skills. Co-workers are cooperative and approachable. I'm still hoping they would hire me again.
Snap Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 June 2017
This is my first job since I arrived here in Canada last September 2015. I am very grateful Canada Goose gave me the opportunity to work in their company. I resigned last March 29, 2017 because I went home in the Philippines for my daughter's wedding. I am now waiting and expecting for their call.
Worked as Temp
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2017
Tough to give a review after only being placed there for a month but will try.It was a young and vibrant workplace with a very impressive manufacturing plant. Did not feel very corporate, extremely laid back environment, their ERP system was based on Microsoft Dynamic AX.
Fun workplace
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 April 2017
Working at Canada Goose is such a privilege. I grew and learned so much on my work field. My colleague, manager, manufacturing director are very nice, they are very concern in each of their employee. They listen to our concern, motivate and inspire us to do better.
Pros
Friday Breakfast and employee recognition
Cons
Cons? I can't find any
Very Bad Management
Quality Assurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2017
Extreme level of work politics
A Highly pressurized environment with complications.
Gives false hopes of growth
Anyone can raise questions on your work
No Appreciation for good work
No proper direction for work
No Accountability for other people's mistakes
Firing/ laying off employees very easily for hardly any big reasons.
Career oriented people should not even think to work with this company.
Pros
Cons
Always has to stay longer
Making a great product under horrible conditions
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 December 2016
Although the product is becoming world renowned it is challenging to walk in the door each day. The treatment of staff, the expectations and the favoritism shown to some is deplorable. Management has no issue using foul language in meetings and with employees. Look for a workplace that respects your achievements!!
Pros
Free breakfast Fridays
Cons
No appreciation of hard work and horrible favoritism
The company is changing but not for the better
Finance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 December 2016
Once excited to represent this company and its culture, now not so much. On the outside it seems so cool and trendy. Inside tells a different story. Cliques with upper management and favouritism exist. Long gone are the days that benefits were covered at 100% as are the days when jackets were made to order. Each year it seems the company takes more away from us yet expect more from us. It's sad.
Pros
Onsite gym. Bagel lunch Fridays. Discount (employee made to order no longer an option)
Cons
Cliques, favouritism, low wage/salary, no respect for the employees
Don't join this company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2016
Canada goose is a cheap company. Management sucks and makes no sense. They swear at their employees and treat their employees very badly
Pros
Na
Cons
Dont join this company...Waste of time
Terrible management team
Quality Assurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 November 2016
Management at all levels are unapproachable and treat employees poorly. No transparency and will change what is required in a job on a whim, but not communicate that to the team. No work life balance. Often required to stay late and work weekends, never asked to do so, always told. They try their best to cultivate a culture of fear, which makes going in to work a chore. Deny vacation requests, even after being told it will be fine to take/it's not in the blackout period
Pros
Cons
terrible management, working here makes you feel like less than human
Not so glamorous in the inside
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario28 November 2016
Avoid at all costs. People in this organization are cliquey. Upper management only promote those who suck up to them and not by their qualifications and performance. Benefits and salary are below industry standards. Despite how much they charge for their products, they are cheap when it comes to their employees. The reviews say good things but if you ever have a chance to join this company, you will see how bad they will treat you.
Pros
Bagel Friday, gym, employee discount
Cons
long hours, below industry average benefits plan, favoritism by upper management and they only promote people who are considered a "favorite"
Productive and fun
Production Worker-Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 May 2016
As a employee of canada goose i learned a lot about my work and how to work with my co-workers.i'm working 10 hrs everyday but if the the company slowdown we don't have much work too.the hardest part of my work is when they have rush and they want it that right away.
Pros
bring your own lunch
Cons
long hours of work
productive and hospitable workers
Operator machine (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 February 2016
same as other job its hard but its getting a little more bit easy because i have a co works who is really cool and awesome the management is great they are really approachable indeed the hardest part of my job is when i run out of things to do so i dont have any choice but to go home early and the most enjoyable time for me is when we start having some small talks and jokes on our breaks
Pros
good coffee breaks and lunch time
Cons
Great culture, procedures need to improve; company grew faster than it was prepared for.
Product Development (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 October 2015
Enjoyed working for Canada Goose, is notoriously known as underpaying their employees but the complimentary employee gym and positive social work environment may compensate for that.
Productive and fun workplace
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2015
Positive experience overall. The company is growing fast, which keeps things exciting, but also causes some growing pains. Great corporate culture - company caters breakfast for all employees every Friday morning. There is also a gym on site for employees to use.
Pros
Catered company breakfasts every friday, gym available for employee use
Cons
some disorganization
Good working environment to learn
Sewing Machine Operator, (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 June 2015
We learn many new things and have many new experiences in this job. Canada Goose is a better place to learn and improve ourself.
Seriously work oriented environment with a little sprinkle of Friday morning fun!!!
Bilingual Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North York, ON5 July 2012
Great place to work with some pretty fantastic people...The Goose nest as it was affectionately known as, when they were serious, they meant it, but when it was time for fun, they blew the roof off the building!!! Every Friday morning was Breakfast club, all meetings were interactive, they liked new ideas, there were always treats!!! My supervisor was great, a tough as nails no nonsense lady that was a hoot when she let her guard down. Midway through my contract, they brought in some new HR Manager that starting rattling cages left and right and it changed the atmosphere wuite a bit. But all in all a great family run and oriented business. The hardest part of the job was getting my contract cut out by the new HR Manager. The most enjoyable part was making some nice friends and the wonderful chats with my supervisor.
Pros
100% canadian owned and operated, family oriented, competitive
Cons
some older narrower minded staff, a little over-priced and sometimes too competitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Goose. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6