This position is responsible for working at the reception area of the Canada Games Sports Centre. Main responsibilities include providing enthusiastic guest service, ongoing cleaning of the facility and overall supervision of activities within the Sports Centre.
Part-time / Casual
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Monitor overall activities at the Sports Centre
- Take and confirm reservations and keep accurate records
- Advise guests of programs happening at the Sports Centre
- Update calendar on scheduled programs and events
- Prepare and ensure daily reports on sales, programs and guest activity are accurate
- Control petty cash, cash floats and daily receipts to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Enforce Canada Games Sports Centre policies and operating procedures
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with guests on a continuous basis
- Maintain effective working relationships with other employees, officials, and general public
- Assist in resolving guest concerns
- Ensure health and safety regulations are followed
- Ensure equipment is properly maintained
- Deal with injuries and accidents requiring first aid in a calm and efficient manner
- Ability to perform physically challenging tasks
EDUCATION/SKILLS & TRAINING:
- Customer service experience
- Computer skills and cash register experience an asset
- First Aid and CPR training (an asset)
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Customer-service oriented attitude
- Ability to work independently and good decision making skills
- This is a position with flexible hours necessary for meeting the needs of the Canada Games Sports Centre. Weekends and evening work hours in addition.
- A flexible and resilient personality for dealing with customer concerns.
- This position may require heavy lifting of up to 50 lbs.
Applications will be received until Tuesday, October 22, 2013. Only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.