Canada Culvert is a national supplier of steel drainage and highway construction products. Canada Culvert is a member of WGI Westman Group Inc., a dynamic entrepreneurial group of companies who values safety, health, community, relationships, growth and fiscal responsibility.
Expansion and continued growth creates the following career opportunity in Edmonton, Alberta.
- The successful candidate of this dynamic and exciting new role will have strong customer service and technical skills, high attention to detail, strong ability to prioritize and multi-task to meet assigned deadlines.
- They should be able to work independently, with little or no supervision, and work effectively within a team environment. They will have excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel.
- Prefer a candidate with a community college diploma (technical discipline), however, other combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- The ability to interpret drawings/blueprints.
- Construction or manufacturing industry experience will be considered an asset.
The ideal candidate will perform the following responsibilities:
- Responds to phone and fax inquiries from contractors and consultants to provide technical information for design and installation of various types of civil projects;
- Estimates materials for projects by examining contract drawings and specifications to compile quantities for quotation purposes;
- Calculates prices and sends quotations to contractors and consultants based on company marketing principles to provide them with budget or bid pricing;
- Proactively tracks tender results by contacting purchasing departments, consultants and contractors to follow up on opportunities to maximize overall sales performance;
- Aggressively follows up on quotations by contacting customers to obtain sales and reporting on results to sales personnel;
- Assist sales team by attending trade shows or visiting job sites on civil projects to examine problems with installation or materials and provide direction for best solution.
Canada Culvert provides a competitive rewards package. The company offers an excellent benefits and DPSP. There are also opportunities for professional growth, career development and continuous learning. Applicants with high standards for performance are encouraged to apply online via Careers at www.westmangroup.com (please click on the Contact tab and Careers).
We thank all applicants for their interest.
Only those being considered for interviews will be contacted.
WGI Westman Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.