Canada Computers Employee Review

View all Canada Computers reviews

Review a lot of updated Computer Products
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON14 February 2014
Manage the inventory
Communicate with team, Marketing, Accounting, Receiving, Stores, Corporate sales.
Build relationship with Vendors, Distributors.
Plan how to achieve the goals
Bring in new products which can benefit the company.
Pros
Products Knowledge
Cons
Too many issues

Other Canada Computers Employee Reviews

travail
Superviseur/Assistant Gérant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 January 2018
C'étais un travail intéressant, mais très demandant.
Great if you like computers, but not a great place to work at
Merchandiser/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 December 2017
I was a sales clerk when I started, the company stresses the importance of selling their DRP plan, and yet my superior denies me the chance to sell them by not allowing me to go behind the counter to sell the more valuable hardware like CPU, Motherboard, Hard drives, etc. all of which the plan is catered to. My colleagues ends up getting a hefty commission bonus and praise, and all I got was a berating

No respect for seniority. During my time there were several new employees whom came after me, one of which I personally show him the ropes from scratch, in no time he was promoted over me and starts to boss me around.

The hours are long and the schedules are inflexible, missed many social events and gathering with family and friends. Lunch break is short, they expect you to get back to work even if you still have some time left, so as long as you're done eating. The rotation is also ridiculous, it's often 3pm before I get to eat lunch.

Management is lacking in giving praise on a job well done, yet quick to point out and berate you over the smallest mistake.

Bottom line, I could have become a good worker if management just put some trust in me and allow me to sell those expensive merchandise that warrants the need of DRP plans, instead they relegate me into doing menial chores. Not the best prospect for a new employee.
Pros
Learn lots about computer-related knowledge, keep you up to date to the latest info in the industry
Cons
Long hours, inflexible schedules, low chance for advancement, management don't show any trust

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Computers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7