Canada Computers Employee Review

View all Canada Computers reviews

Average pay, but always expected to do more.
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 August 2013
As the Manager I was to oversee the staff and day to day operations. However, the way that upper management viewed us, we were to be on call 24/7 and expected to work overtime hours without any compensation other than "It's what we expect.".
In this job I learned how to manage resources, staff and finances. I always put safety first and worked hard.
Honestly, if it weren't for the fact that I was working in a computer retail environment, I wouldn't have stayed as long as I did.
The company was managed in a way that if you didn't fit into their racial culture, there would always be some push back. The upper-management I felt always talked down to us. I enjoyed interacting with our regular customers and developing a relationship with them.
Pros
Employee discount on purchases
Cons
Very long hours, extremely high expectations, constantly worked feeling that everything I did was not enough.

Other Canada Computers Employee Reviews

Worst Tech Company To Work For!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2017
This was by far the worst company i have worked for. When hired i had very little training. Based on the reviews it seems like this is a trend. Employee who are hired hired DO NOT RECEIVE SUFFICIENT TRAINING. I feel like they set you up for failure. The working enviorment is very depressing and full of drama as if it a TV Soap Opera. Management is clueless and has no idea what to do or how to motivate people. All department heads are fighting with each other for MONEY. You can not trust anyone lots of snakes in the grass! i had to learn this the hard way. please do not apply for a job here, there is no job security or professionalism. You can not even trust you managers. The managers can barley speak english thus there is a lot of miscommunication. Management only makes you depressed and never gives you a pat on the back or says " good job"
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Review
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 December 2017
Consistent hours, long shifts, improper training of management, inconsistent policies, poor communications with Head Office, no trust of employee (scanned out each time leaving building, restricted permissions on software required to do job duties therefore requiring MOD authorization frequently), no respect for proper breaks or lunches, no black out periods for vacation times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Computers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8