Canada Computers Employee Review

View all Canada Computers reviews

workplace was fastpaced and fun
Smartphone consultant (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON3 December 2013
it was ok, it really fun for anyone who loves tech i learned to fix smart phones

Other Canada Computers Employee Reviews

Great if you like computers, but not a great place to work at
Merchandiser/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 December 2017
I was a sales clerk when I started, the company stresses the importance of selling their DRP plan, and yet my superior denies me the chance to sell them by not allowing me to go behind the counter to sell the more valuable hardware like CPU, Motherboard, Hard drives, etc. all of which the plan is catered to. My colleagues ends up getting a hefty commission bonus and praise, and all I got was a berating

No respect for seniority. During my time there were several new employees whom came after me, one of which I personally show him the ropes from scratch, in no time he was promoted over me and starts to boss me around.

The hours are long and the schedules are inflexible, missed many social events and gathering with family and friends. Lunch break is short, they expect you to get back to work even if you still have some time left, so as long as you're done eating. The rotation is also ridiculous, it's often 3pm before I get to eat lunch.

Management is lacking in giving praise on a job well done, yet quick to point out and berate you over the smallest mistake.

Bottom line, I could have become a good worker if management just put some trust in me and allow me to sell those expensive merchandise that warrants the need of DRP plans, instead they relegate me into doing menial chores. Not the best prospect for a new employee.
Pros
Learn lots about computer-related knowledge, keep you up to date to the latest info in the industry
Cons
Long hours, inflexible schedules, low chance for advancement, management don't show any trust
Worst Tech Company To Work For!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2017
This was by far the worst company i have worked for. When hired i had very little training. Based on the reviews it seems like this is a trend. Employee who are hired hired DO NOT RECEIVE SUFFICIENT TRAINING. I feel like they set you up for failure. The working enviorment is very depressing and full of drama as if it a TV Soap Opera. Management is clueless and has no idea what to do or how to motivate people. All department heads are fighting with each other for MONEY. You can not trust anyone lots of snakes in the grass! i had to learn this the hard way. please do not apply for a job here, there is no job security or professionalism. You can not even trust you managers. The managers can barley speak english thus there is a lot of miscommunication. Management only makes you depressed and never gives you a pat on the back or says " good job"
Pros
Cons
To many to list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Computers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7