Canada Computers Employee Reviews

Worst Tech Company To Work For!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2017
This was by far the worst company i have worked for. When hired i had very little training. Based on the reviews it seems like this is a trend. Employee who are hired hired DO NOT RECEIVE SUFFICIENT TRAINING. I feel like they set you up for failure. The working enviorment is very depressing and full of drama as if it a TV Soap Opera. Management is clueless and has no idea what to do or how to motivate people. All department heads are fighting with each other for MONEY. You can not trust anyone lots of snakes in the grass! i had to learn this the hard way. please do not apply for a job here, there is no job security or professionalism. You can not even trust you managers. The managers can barley speak english thus there is a lot of miscommunication. Management only makes you depressed and never gives you a pat on the back or says " good job"
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Review
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 December 2017
Consistent hours, long shifts, improper training of management, inconsistent policies, poor communications with Head Office, no trust of employee (scanned out each time leaving building, restricted permissions on software required to do job duties therefore requiring MOD authorization frequently), no respect for proper breaks or lunches, no black out periods for vacation times.
Extremely challenging place to work with lots of variety of hardware/software trouble-shooting
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 November 2017
A typical day at Canada Computers as a Service Technician can mean building/assembling a new customer purchased computer or fixing/trouble-shooting a desktop or laptop computer that has been signed in by a customer. We build custom computers using the latest motherboards, hard drives such as solid states along with the latest and newest graphics cards from AMD or nVidia based chip-sets. These computers range in price from one thousand to ten thousand dollars depending on the customer's specifications. We trouble-shoot hardware and software problems on customer desktops or laptops. These problems range from component failures to virus or malware infections. We use a variety of hardware and software tools depending on the situation with each computer.
Pros
Trouble-shoot a huge variety of computers, get to build computers with the latest hardware technologies
Cons
Very, very high paced and stressful environment
Heavenly place for a tech to work
Computer repair technician / Sales / CSR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2017
After being a tech for most of my adult life i was happy to start at such a rock solid company like Canada Computers. Everyday threw be a curve ball when it came to tech stuff
Great team, poor benefits and pay
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2017
Great product/category management team, friendly co-workers, and good work-life balance.

Poor CEO leadership, inconsistent bouns structure, below industry standard pay and benefits.
Pros
Nice team, good work-life balance
Cons
below average benefits and pay
It's a great place to work
Sales Rep/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON2 October 2017
Canada Computers is a great place to work, especially for electronics experience, but the play is what a Sales Oriented occupation should be. New graduates would appreciate working here.
Pros
The management staff
Cons
The salary
Fun atmosphere
Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON10 September 2017
Great place to work.
Very educational, good people, good hours, close to home, learned a lot about computers which is what i'm taking in college. enjoyed helping customers
Pros
Close to home
Cons
non accomodating hours during school
terrible experience working at canada computers
Corporate Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON22 August 2017
The Management is terrible , very little training and direction. your job description is barely correct. There are a few great people in the company. 90% of the company is unorganized and have no clue how to run a business. NO motivation this was a very depressing enviorment as the people in management always bring you down over every little thing this is one of the reason i left without notice and more people will do same as i was not the first. please apply elsewhere save your time
Pros
No pros
Cons
everything
Computer retail Store
Senior Technician and Sales (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON4 August 2017
Computer Technician.
1.hareware and software diagnostic and fix
2.system build.
3.customer service.
in the past years I learned computer diagnostic skill, system build skill.and how to deal with customers.
Pros
Good Company, nice work environment. Excellent leader
Friendly environment.
PC and network adviser (sales) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, CA.16 June 2017
Working in Canada computers was hard because of many customer that we had to support but it was also fun cause of the environment we had there. Everyone was friendly. They made me feel I'm in a big family specially our manager and supervisor. We always share our knowledge so it mage us really effective group.
the reason I enjoyed to work with them was the great team work and I'm glad I was part of it.
worst place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON14 June 2017
Very busy, under pay, poor management, everybody even who is not working with you or who just come for somewhere will give you a hard time, always overtime but after 44 hours it is NO one & half pay!
Great product, dodgy company
Service Center Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2017
The clientele is of a higher pedigree compared to other 'big box' stores, usually more technologically in-the-know. The sales associates can be a mixed bag ranging from "how have you not been promoted yet" to "how did you even get in the door". Find those that seem to have a common work ethic or professional goal, and keep your head down. I enjoyed who I worked with more than who I worked for. Upper management is cold and unapproachable, mainly ambivalent to the concerns of the underlings.
Pros
Decent staff discount, paid training at the offices of major manufacturers
Cons
No real reward system or sense of loyalty from the company itself
When I worked for head office
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON27 April 2017
It is not an enjoyable environment to work in.
there is no job culture and poor management. Employees were not recognized for their performance. Strict rules with your breaks, if you are caught for taking a break of 2 mins, it is an automatic deduction in your pay cheque, as well as taking your lunch breaks over by a few mins. No job advancement, and no security.
Best Tech Retail in Ontario!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 April 2017
Great place to work! Very easy sales and customer service retail experience. Company has made great strides in providing a well known customer focused business model over the years. The pay is a bit more than min wage with the opportunity for bonus pay via warranty sales and store incentives. Recommend to those who like to deal with customers and can pitch warranties.
Pros
Easy sales atmosphere
Cons
Great place to learn about computers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON27 March 2017
A typical day include merchandizing (tags, stocks) and sales.
If you're not good at sales, you may not excel in this role
You should be a computer enthusiast, so you're not thrown off by the customer's detailed requests
Pros
Relaxed atmostphere
Fairly new supervisors prospective.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON19 March 2017
Many of the reviews fouled the ball. Looking at the reviews that state there is no room to progress is really not true.

Canada Computers has been expanding its reachs rapidly over the last couple of years. Head office is always looking for trustworthy and hardworking individuals to move into leadership roles. However, from my own experience, many employees are not ready for said role. If you believe that you should be able to walk into a role or given a management role based on your sales performance, you are sadly mistaken. Canada Computers does value your work performance but not in the form of a promotion. Management is given to those who show leadership character. "Works well with a team" "teaches others with ease" "can make proper decisions". Etc.

Anyways, I do enjoy working with Canada Computers. Technology is always growing and fun to learn as well as the staff members are great. Though working in management can be very under valued at times and exhausting. Hours are long and there is no compensation for overtime hours. Most of the reward from the job comes from ensuring employees are taken care of and customers are assisted. If you're a hardworking dedicated individual that shows leadership potential, then this is a job for you. But, if you're easily swayed then don't bother.
Pros
>Benefits >Paid Vacations >Anual Party > Employee Pricing
Cons
>Long Hrs >Pay is "Ok" >Managment needs to be taken care of more >High stress levels
I did this one already.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON17 February 2017
Look at other reviews, not the most enjoyable place to work since managers are not profession. They also do not help with training, and show up and work not wearing the uniforms.
Productive and fun Environmental place
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 February 2017
I had great expericene working with this company where they have innovatice , friendly and hardworking management. The unlikely part of this job for me was less working hours with minimum salary.I enjoyed each and every part of my job.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
Less Salary
There are definitely worse places.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON24 January 2017
If you read through reviews about the various locations of Canada Computers you'll find most of the negative reviews will point to Head Office issues. Contacting them, policies in place, shipping, etc. things that the stores don't have really any control over. This sucks because it's the employees at those stores that are forced to hear about it; and customers expect them to fix it.

Most employees love to help customers and try their best to put on a smile, but I've seen even the nicest of people reach their limit and just question the common sense of certain customers. IT is a complex field sometimes. Worked with both amazing and not so amazing people, like any retail job, and that's what really makes or break your day-to-day atmosphere.

- 40-44 hours with pretty consistent days off each week.
- Salary is nothing to complain about, any sort of raise above minimum wage is good to have.
- Full-Time benefits (used to be better a couple years back).
- Learned lots about electronics, of all kinds.
- Managers try their best, but don't always hit the mark.
- Typical retail complaints.
Pros
Good people, cool stuff, relaxed work place.
Cons
Entitled/stubborn customers, Head Office, Holiday season (send help)
Enjoyable with the right staff
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 November 2016
be prepared to stand all day! Overall the job isn't bad if you are into technology! Just as long as the staff and management are cool, it isn't a bad place to work at. Just beware, policies and benefits change...and it has been going downhill in recent times.
Pros
Tech
Cons
Hours aren't as flexible, long shifts...but to each their own

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Computers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8