Canada Cartage System Employee Reviews

Horrible Mean People
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 October 2017
People in the division I worked for did nothing to encourage me, never made me feel part of the team. Large Egos. Very rude. Did not know how to train, or have the patience to do so. Supervisor could not handle busy time and took it out on his people.
Pros
Good Benifits, other departments and teams were welcoming and helpful
Cons
Went home crying on a regular basis
stealing hours
AZ Driver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 September 2017
Working hours gets missing on weekly basis, frequent layover, 4 hours pay per day sometime, worst culture, old drivers think they can abuse you for fun and get away with it.
I very good work place
Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC2 September 2017
Good working environment good management All new equipments. Very good benefit plan and pension plan. Good and clean working environment love working with Canada cartage
It's Alright..
Dispatch Support (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON1 July 2017
Hours are okay.. long days..
Pay is not enough considering the stress..

Great people, and very educational job.
I just don't think the management understand how much work their employees do. Very underrated.

Management will clearly tell you, 'you're replaceable'
20 July 2017

Thank you for your feedback! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your job and the people you worked with. However, we are sorry to hear about your impressions of management. Our employees are our # 1 asset and we are committed to ensuring they feel valued for all their hard work. Please reach out to us at info@canadacartage.com so we can get specifics around this issue to ensure it gets resolved. Thanks again!

Great atmosphere and team leadership
HET Truck and Transport Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 June 2017
Canada cartage was a great company to complete my apprenticeship with. Management was knowledgeable and always willing to give advice from their experience in the trade.
independent
temp-contract (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 June 2017
work area is very busy at times no time to breath. Salary is excellent and staff are quiet and to themselves not really a company family environment but overall good company.
3 Ton Driver (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK16 June 2017
Been working for Cartage for the past year as a 3 ton driver, lots of hours, variety of work. Dispatchers and managers are fair to everyone, they care about your safety and well being above a lot of other things.
Pros
Easy to talk to, variety of work, safe and new equipment
Bad Company to work for.
DZ Driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 June 2017
The Company stinks,, dispatchers seems to be always on the rag.
They send you with an old truck , old beat up pump trucks and extremely heavy loads to a non dock customers.
They simply don't care about the drivers.
If you end up working for this awful company , count your hours, as they seem to lack to have the proper ppl to do accounting.
Pros
Not working for them
Cons
Dispatchers are the most Aholes in the industry.
Variety, Versatily and Flexibility
Management (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 May 2017
Good place to work. No day is the same and the people here are great to work with. Most people have a great sense of humor. Variety of different shifts. Type of work we specialize in has not slowed us down like some other sectors tied to Oil. Enjoy coming to work.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Some days are longer than others
multiple opportunities and new challenges as desired
Highway Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 May 2017
I have run single and team and find the company to have lots of opportunities for people who want to work. Significant growth in the last couple years has created challenges internally, but also presented great opportunity. work for city drivers, highway drivers, day runners and night owls means we have to tell dispatch what we really want and they can usually accommodate.
Pros
from VP down most everybody knows your name.
Cons
irregular days off and runs
Great place to drive
Truck Driver - Class 1 (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 May 2017
I have worked at Canada Cartage for 2 years in BC as a truck driver. So far I have had a good working relationship with my Manager and Dispatcher. Canada Cartage has given me plenty of work in good equipment. I can get extra work if it is there and I feel like the work I do is valued.
Pros
BBQ's
Toss peaple aside like old rags
Was never told (Former Employee) –  Catsiff9 May 2017
Terrible place to work. Management berated all. Was like being in the dark all the time. Ideas and teamwork was not allowed. Heavy handed management.
Pros
Cons
Too much to type
29 May 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We strongly encourage collaboration and communication and are sorry to hear about your experience. We would like to know more about your experience so we can make Canada Cartage a better place to work. Please reach out to us at info@canadacartage.com with your contact information so we can learn more.

Great place to work and friendly environment!
Billing and Payroll Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 May 2017
Canada Cartage is a great place to work with an exceptional workplace culture and management team. The hardest part of the job is the high pressure environment and strict deadlines. However, all employees help each other to make sure all deadlines are met and work is completed accurately and efficiently.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 May 2017
I have worked for Canada Cartage for 3 years. It has been a great to me. Accommodating and supportive. People are kind - office or drivers. Overall best place I have ever worked.
Not that friendly/not a lot of positive energy
Sales (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2017
A good company from the outside. Not a lot of positive things happening.

Disorganized and very slow at hiring to replace staff and rest of the people have to take on the extra load.

Some really good people are hidden among the dinosaurs that have been there for ever.
Pros
Good pay and lots of job oppurtunities
Cons
Very depressing and negative vibe.
29 May 2017

Thank you for your comment. We value your feedback and are sorry to hear that you feel that the office vibe could be better. We are working hard to bring everyone together through our regular events, employee recognition programs, and Town Hall meetings. We encourage you to reach out to info@canadacartage.com or have a discussion with your manager with your ideas.

Great place to work and grow
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 April 2017
I've worked at Canada Cartage for a handful of years and I still really like it here. The people are great, the work is rewarding and management is very approachable.

I'm proud to work for a company that has been around for over 100 years. How many people can say that?
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, good work life balance, great people
Run dont walk run!
Highway driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 April 2017
After my first year things changed. Management is not held accountable for anything. Cross a manager and your days are numbered. Too bad because most of the decent drivers are really nice and please to work with. Benefits are lacking as is wages on highway. Not hourly but mileage. If it takes you a little longer you have to absorb the loss. I cannot recommend this Edmonton location. Biding my time. I'll be free soon!
Pros
Drivers and mechanics are nice.
Cons
Management sucks
not so great
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  BC19 April 2017
way over managed, less than adequate benefits, long hours without breaks and slightly below average pay for dispatchers.
tractor fleet is antiquated and spends most of it's time in the shop. required company telephones are loaded with spy ware. not a good place to work
Pros
4 on 4 off rotation at some locations
Cons
over managed, underpaid long hours without breaks, poor benefits
bad company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON19 April 2017
very bad company. no oppertunities over weight loads, bad equipment, i would not recomend anyone to work there they will try to get you to run loads over weight bypass stations
Pros
Cons
alot
stressfull place to work as a mechanic
H.D. MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 April 2017
change of management since the last year 2 years and the management are looking for promotion, so the mechanic suffer for it, I don't suggest to anyone to work there, they introduce a standard repair time to time the mechanic but it is for a new engine on a test stand, not an old engine. so it is stressful to work there
Cons
cutback, stupid rules

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Cartage System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7