Canada Cartage System Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good people to work with to complete a task is essential
Driver/Operator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: Equipment is manageable and structure is good
Cons: Less than friendly and even less likely to go the extra to assist it employees
Maintenance is good. Requires better management. Most are not ready for their position. Dealing with their employees requires a great deal of improvement. From Upper Management to the lower management.
Working at Canada Cartage
Yard Control (Current Employee), Ajax, ONJanuary 11, 2016
Work with minimal supervision
Work at fast pace to keep the flow of traffic moving.
Work on a rotating 4 day, 12 hour shifts, Including weekends and holidays.
Log every vehicle that enters and exits the yard into the computer
Make sure the drivers have proper safety equipment upon entry
Interact with the driver’s to obtain their paperwork for the trailer they are hauling
Input data into the computer that’s provided on the driver’s paperwork.
Reading and understanding the drivers paperwork.
Call into the warehouse to obtain a door for the drivers
Informer the drivers of where they are to proceed within the yard with their trailer
Deal with any problems with the trailer temperatures if they arise, notify the right personnel of the issue, in a quick and timely manner.

I do not see management much if at all when I am working.
Typical daily environment
AZ TRANSPORT DRIVER (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONJanuary 9, 2016
Pros: no micro managing... babysitter
Cons: no room to grow
Head in to work like everyone else, but once i'm there, i meet the other drivers and dispatchers whom all have been drivers once.

We support each other because we all know what the roads are like. depending on my energy levels, they find routes that fit my needs.

the system they have is fantastic, and they don't keep calling to check on you as other companies do... they trust you and let you manage your day.

I am interested in putting some of my college learning to work and perhaps learn something new.

it would be nice to have a position with advancement and room to grow
Productive fun workplace, open door policy
Driver (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: Fast paced, growing organization with multiple career opportunities
Cons: none
Canada Cartage offers a dynamic fast paced challenging environment where people can find many opportunities for career advancement.
I was surprised that this big company was a nightmare to work for.
Class 5 Driver (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 5, 2015
Pros: I quite that was the Pros
Cons: Pay always less, each pay check you had to ask for it to be corrected.
Bad wages
Kept few hours overtime each pay
Drivers are seen as slaves
Management is a joke
Long hours and they expect to much and impossible time of arrival to client.
Very bad place
Driver (Former Employee), MississaugaOctober 23, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Bad equipment, very bad environment to work in, management arrogant, low pay
The worst company to work for!
Drivers are just the numbers there, they are extremely cheap, they treat people as very bad. Bad equipment. Nothing good to say about them.
A good place to learn the Van business
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 13, 2015
Pros: Good local people
Cons: Very poor management retention
A good environment for entry level people in the logistics business to learn a variety of shipping modes (LTL, FTL, P&D, LINEHAUL). People with more experience will find the organizational structure and lack of commitment to executing long-term goals to be frustrating.

Constant turmoil from excessive and constant management turnover creates additional challenges.
Canada Cartage (Brampton Location)
Operations Support Specialist (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Working alone, and leaving the Company
Cons: No Lunch, you eat in front of the computer, nasty co-workers with severe substance abuse problems
The management is terrible in everyway! The director is a manipulator. They are racist, especially when 90% of their drivers are Indian descent.

The supervisor I had, was a pothead unprofessional and had a nasty personality. The supervisor was in a intimate relationship with a co-worker, who was also a "B" and had split personalities.

The company pays cheap and expects too much from you, even though they did not train you to do particular things. This company has a bad reputation, and the turn-out rate is extremely high.

Please stay away, trust me you could find a better place to work, I did!
Entry Level only.
Underling (Former Employee), EdmontonMay 4, 2015
Pros: Some great, hardworking low level people.
Cons: Everything about the management
This company will only listen to and promote 'yes men'. Management cares little about employees or even corporate safety standards or transportation laws. They will do whatever it takes to make the customer happy, at the expense of its employees and work standards. Band-aid is the solution, not effective, efficient or calculated change.

Consistent conflict of interest concerns raised and a revolving door of low level employees who recognize no reason for putting up with such a work environment with no chance of ever advancing.

This company takes advantage of dedicated employees who go above and beyond to help and accommodate unreasonable demands by both customers and management. These successes and sacrifices go with little recognition when acknowledged at all.

A thankless and frustrating work environment that I had been hopeful would change, but after a year and a half, actually only became worse.
good jobs just wont get rich
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 1, 2015
Pros: Happy drivers who will do almost anything i need in a pinch
Cons: Stressful
Planning , scheduling and dealing with the multitude of driver wants and requests are some of the but that's what makes this dispatching job not only challenging but fun. Its a goal not always maintainable but it is tried, when trying to please each driver as well as satisfy the customer it is not only the hardest part of my job but it is also the most pleasing.
Canada Cartage is a joke!!!
class 1 driver (Former Employee), calgary, albertaJune 4, 2014
Pros: no supervision
Cons: everything
I waisted some of my precious life with these clowns, they don't really care about drivers, customers is always right and the driver pays the price.
their trucks are garbage and their safety record is a disaster!!!
that's why they keep changing their name.
please don't make the same mistake and work for these clowns.
BUSY ENVIORNMENT
Delay Line Tracker (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 13, 2013
A typical day was my 1st day of starting the job as I had very experienced people around me. But everyone is very much helpful, so I am now comfortable.
good dispatcher
truck driver (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 13, 2012
Was a good place to work in the year 2000 .But as yhe company is growing you feel you are just a number ?