Canada Cartage System Employee Reviews in Canada

productive
Payroll/Billing Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 2, 2016
meeting deadlines (whether payroll or invoicing/billing)

Learnt - creating SOPs, processing payroll, billing customers and the customer communication through emails and/or phone

Hardest - meeting weekly deadlines
Enjoyable - work environment
Pros
flexible timings
Cons
no appreciation
Lack of qualified managers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 15, 2016
Overall a decent place to work, when you take into account the some of the great people that work there.

To many inexperienced Operation Managers, that do not have an understanding of the Transportation Industry. Or even know how to use the talented people that they have working for them. To many of the front line individuals feel over worked and under appreciated.

The lack of Hours of Service training to people seems to be a joke. They way people are treated by certain managers within the company should be raising eyebrows of the most senior of managers.

The company really needs to look at putting the right people in the right places, so that they have a chance to grow.
Good team
1A Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 14, 2016
Its a nice company to be with.Good managers.They need better dispatchers.they have good equipment.The cons are that they dont have a fixed shift.
Pros
Good manager
Cons
Not too good dispatchers
Delivery
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2016
This work experience was very helpful for me. I got to work with other empolyees. I also had to deliver and I was able to according to company procedures to serve the company well for the costumers.
Working at Canada Cartage
Yard Control (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONJanuary 11, 2016
Work with minimal supervision
Work at fast pace to keep the flow of traffic moving.
Work on a rotating 4 day, 12 hour shifts, Including weekends and holidays.
Log every vehicle that enters and exits the yard into the computer
Make sure the drivers have proper safety equipment upon entry
Interact with the driver’s to obtain their paperwork for the trailer they are hauling
Input data into the computer that’s provided on the driver’s paperwork.
Reading and understanding the drivers paperwork.
Call into the warehouse to obtain a door for the drivers
Informer the drivers of where they are to proceed within the yard with their trailer
Deal with any problems with the trailer temperatures if they arise, notify the right personnel of the issue, in a quick and timely manner.

I do not see management much if at all when I am working.
Typical daily environment
AZ TRANSPORT DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJanuary 9, 2016
Head in to work like everyone else, but once i'm there, i meet the other drivers and dispatchers whom all have been drivers once.

We support each other because we all know what the roads are like. depending on my energy levels, they find routes that fit my needs.

the system they have is fantastic, and they don't keep calling to check on you as other companies do... they trust you and let you manage your day.

I am interested in putting some of my college learning to work and perhaps learn something new.

it would be nice to have a position with advancement and room to grow
Pros
no micro managing... babysitter
Cons
no room to grow
Productive fun workplace, open door policy
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2016
Canada Cartage offers a dynamic fast paced challenging environment where people can find many opportunities for career advancement.
Pros
Fast paced, growing organization with multiple career opportunities
Cons
I was surprised that this big company was a nightmare to work for.
Class 5 Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 5, 2015
Bad wages
Kept few hours overtime each pay
Drivers are seen as slaves
Management is a joke
Long hours and they expect to much and impossible time of arrival to client.
Pros
I quite that was the Pros
Cons
Pay always less, each pay check you had to ask for it to be corrected.
Very bad place
Driver (Former Employee) –  MississaugaOctober 23, 2015
The worst company to work for!
Drivers are just the numbers there, they are extremely cheap, they treat people as very bad. Bad equipment. Nothing good to say about them.
Pros
Cons
Bad equipment, very bad environment to work in, management arrogant, low pay
A good place to learn the Van business
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 13, 2015
A good environment for entry level people in the logistics business to learn a variety of shipping modes (LTL, FTL, P&D, LINEHAUL). People with more experience will find the organizational structure and lack of commitment to executing long-term goals to be frustrating.

Constant turmoil from excessive and constant management turnover creates additional challenges.
Pros
Good local people
Cons
Very poor management retention
Canada Cartage (Brampton Location)
Operations Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 30, 2015
The management is terrible in everyway! The director is a manipulator. They are racist, especially when 90% of their drivers are Indian descent.

The supervisor I had, was a pothead unprofessional and had a nasty personality. The supervisor was in a intimate relationship with a co-worker, who was also a "B" and had split personalities.

The company pays cheap and expects too much from you, even though they did not train you to do particular things. This company has a bad reputation, and the turn-out rate is extremely high.

Please stay away, trust me you could find a better place to work, I did!
Pros
Working alone, and leaving the Company
Cons
No Lunch, you eat in front of the computer, nasty co-workers with severe substance abuse problems
Entry Level only.
Underling (Former Employee) –  EdmontonMay 4, 2015
This company will only listen to and promote 'yes men'. Management cares little about employees or even corporate safety standards or transportation laws. They will do whatever it takes to make the customer happy, at the expense of its employees and work standards. Band-aid is the solution, not effective, efficient or calculated change.

Consistent conflict of interest concerns raised and a revolving door of low level employees who recognize no reason for putting up with such a work environment with no chance of ever advancing.

This company takes advantage of dedicated employees who go above and beyond to help and accommodate unreasonable demands by both customers and management. These successes and sacrifices go with little recognition when acknowledged at all.

A thankless and frustrating work environment that I had been hopeful would change, but after a year and a half, actually only became worse.
Pros
Some great, hardworking low level people.
Cons
Everything about the management
good jobs just wont get rich
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 1, 2015
Planning , scheduling and dealing with the multitude of driver wants and requests are some of the but that's what makes this dispatching job not only challenging but fun. Its a goal not always maintainable but it is tried, when trying to please each driver as well as satisfy the customer it is not only the hardest part of my job but it is also the most pleasing.
Pros
Happy drivers who will do almost anything i need in a pinch
Cons
Stressful
Canada Cartage is a joke!!!
class 1 driver (Former Employee) –  calgary, albertaJune 4, 2014
I waisted some of my precious life with these clowns, they don't really care about drivers, customers is always right and the driver pays the price.
their trucks are garbage and their safety record is a disaster!!!
that's why they keep changing their name.
please don't make the same mistake and work for these clowns.
Pros
no supervision
Cons
everything
BUSY ENVIORNMENT
Delay Line Tracker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 13, 2013
A typical day was my 1st day of starting the job as I had very experienced people around me. But everyone is very much helpful, so I am now comfortable.
good dispatcher
truck driver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 13, 2012
Was a good place to work in the year 2000 .But as yhe company is growing you feel you are just a number ?