Canada Cartage System Employee Reviews

Fun Place
Telecom Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 November 2016
Work place, and co-workers are fun, friendly, and always willing to help out.

Not much over time, if so you get recognized for it.
About companies way of work...
Owner and Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 November 2016
This company is full of liers. Pay structure is always different than what they say. Get everything in written. They will send u everywhere after hiring no 160km radius it is open.
Not a good place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Regina27 October 2016
Low pay, bad hours, management is brutal you're just a number that's why they're always hiring I would recommend to stay away. stay away stay away stay away
Pros
End of the day
Cons
Start of the day
worst place
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 October 2016
the worst manager edmonton, really worst management and really unsafe place to work, they have not equipment and tools. extremely mess, the offices are kitchens.
Great Place to work
Dispatcher/Billing and Payroll Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON18 September 2016
A typical day at work at Canada Cartage can be very busy or very relaxed depending at the day and time of year. Their is a lot of interaction with many different types of people.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor communication
Overall a good work place to get your experience in the field of warehousing and trucking
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC18 September 2016
Loading offloading trailers
Leadership, handling pressure
Managing the flow of drivers
Hard working, trusting
Fast paced
Working safe
Pros
Free donuts and coffee
Cons
Poor communication
So far, good place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 September 2016
Have worked here for four months, and they have been good. I had excellent training (almost too long) and my manager knows who I am and checks up on me. HR has also checked on me. I'm getting the hours they said I would.
Pros
People all seem good.
Cons
Don't have same truck every day, but trucks have been in good shape
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 September 2016
I really like working at Canada Cartage. Although it's a big company, it feels like a family run business. The people are great and the work is fulfilling. There are several events throughout the year (i.e. BBQs, ice cream day, bowling, baseball game, holiday parties, etc.) that really bring the team together.
Great job ,but watch your back.
Class 1 Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 August 2016
Job wise, there is nothing like driving the open road. The latest dispatch was great the one before him was not. It came down to a yelling match over the phone. I had a problem with my truck and he told me to bring it home early in the morning! This was illegel and dangerous! All to save money! There is other stories!
Pros
Open road. Just drive!
Cons
Management sucked!
nobody
no one important (Former Employee) –  western canada29 July 2016
If your a seasoned driver ,your wasting your time even filling out a job app at this place.
They don't really lie to you ,,they just leave out key bits of information unless you ask,,and when your new you trust them but that will change in a very short time.
This company will get you out of the soup line if your in trouble but a good driver has no business being with these guys for any amount of time,,,,there are far better places to work,
A closer look inside of some of these trucks will tell you what kind of people are driving them..would you relieve yourself in a bottle and leave for someone else to find?? and when this guy shakes it of,,,where is that flying???Get the picture now???
There are lots of things that would make this place better to work at but I think that management would not listen,,they are hard wired to make money,,,you will mean nothing to them.
You will be much happier at almost any other job,,,I was really disappointed in the things I saw because it sounded like such a great place to work,,,,live and learn....
Pros
any pros I saw faded fast
Cons
The review should be enough to give you an idea

Comment – August 4, 2016

check out the internet to find out more about a lawsuit filed on this company

Comment – October 14, 2016

good people don't last long here,,,,it sounds great when you start but the truth about this place is far from pretty..poor management that only thinks of themselves is the root of all the trouble here

a drag to work for
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2016
No follow-up, HR is not efficient. Late on pays,dispatch often makes mistakes and the trucks are in poor condition. I don't recommend this company to anyone.
Great Management
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC4 June 2016
Unbelievable team of professionals at our BC Hub. Tight knit group focused on profitability and safe operations. Continuously expanding market share.
productive
Payroll/Billing Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 May 2016
meeting deadlines (whether payroll or invoicing/billing)

Learnt - creating SOPs, processing payroll, billing customers and the customer communication through emails and/or phone

Hardest - meeting weekly deadlines
Enjoyable - work environment
Pros
flexible timings
Cons
no appreciation
Lack of qualified managers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 April 2016
Overall a decent place to work, when you take into account the some of the great people that work there.

To many inexperienced Operation Managers, that do not have an understanding of the Transportation Industry. Or even know how to use the talented people that they have working for them. To many of the front line individuals feel over worked and under appreciated.

The lack of Hours of Service training to people seems to be a joke. They way people are treated by certain managers within the company should be raising eyebrows of the most senior of managers.

The company really needs to look at putting the right people in the right places, so that they have a chance to grow.
Good team
1A Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 April 2016
Its a nice company to be with.Good managers.They need better dispatchers.they have good equipment.The cons are that they dont have a fixed shift.
Pros
Good manager
Cons
Not too good dispatchers
One of the worst companies out there!!!
Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 March 2016
Hardly any communication, managers not qualified to do the job.
High turnover.
Just a waist of your life!!
Company looks great from the outside but you will be disappointed when you get in.
Delivery
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 February 2016
This work experience was very helpful for me. I got to work with other empolyees. I also had to deliver and I was able to according to company procedures to serve the company well for the costumers.
Good company to work for. Hold a lot of events in recognition of their employees' dedication.
Operations Manager-Direct2Home- Canada East (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 February 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job can also be the hardest part of the job. It is a very fast paced working environment with constant trouble shooting and decision making. It's very rewarding when you're able to help that customer receive their delivery on time and trouble free. It's very rewarding when you offer a new team member proper training and then watch them apply their newly learned skills to the job in a positive and productive way.
Pros
Staff recognition events.
Cons
Technology.
work
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON26 January 2016
loved it here learned so much and they were willing to teach me so that was awesome was a great place to work will love to get a job back here was a great place
Pros
great place
Cons
ealier mornings
good people to work with to complete a task is essential
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 January 2016
Maintenance is good. Requires better management. Most are not ready for their position. Dealing with their employees requires a great deal of improvement. From Upper Management to the lower management.
Pros
Equipment is manageable and structure is good
Cons
Less than friendly and even less likely to go the extra to assist it employees

2.7