Canada Cartage System Employee Reviews

You can do better.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2017
If your just fresh out of school or new to the country, this is an ok place to start. They will some what train you for your job just enough to get you by. Trucks are in bad shape due to poor drivers and experience. Pay is low benefits are bad and RSP is a joke. This is not a good company, and they have nothing to offer for experienced career minded drivers. Just keep looking. You will find better companies out there that you want to work for, and that will support your career future.
Pros
It will make you want to find a better job.
Cons
Low wages, bad benefits, makes you feel worthless.
Stay away from this company!!!
Truck Driver - Class 1 (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 December 2016
From a Professional drive to another stay away from this company, hard to get pay consistently right, you are treated as a number and nothing more. They will find ways for you to break the rules and regulations, if you are a well season driver with experience this company is not for you. Give yourself and your family a better way to make money and stay away from this company the stress alone isn't worth it.
Pros
Can't think of one
Cons
Too many to mention but management is on the top of the problems.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK31 October 2016
Been at Canada Cartage for 3 years now, have seen plenty of opportunity to work at different positions with new accounts coming on. Trucks are fairly new, well maintained, and repaired quickly if reported. Great emphasis on safety and work to life balance. Have seen other drivers come and go thinking the grass is greener somewhere else, then come back trying to get their job back. I am treated well by everyone here and enjoy the personal feeling I get from dispatch and all staff.
Pros
Options, different work available, open communication
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 January 2017
Your day is fast paced, and there is always new things to learn.
Working here is like having a whole new family, we have created awesome friendships. Our management team is always there to help and coach.
Pros
Free lunches on special occassions
Cons
Hours can be long sometimes
Great job ,but watch your back.
Class 1 Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 August 2016
Job wise, there is nothing like driving the open road. The latest dispatch was great the one before him was not. It came down to a yelling match over the phone. I had a problem with my truck and he told me to bring it home early in the morning! This was illegel and dangerous! All to save money! There is other stories!
Pros
Open road. Just drive!
Cons
Management sucked!
My experience as a Co-Op Student
Co-op (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 January 2017
The management was extremely helpful with any questions that I had

The mechanics with which I worked with were very knowledgeable and assisted me whenever I needed help

A great place to work if the truck and coach repair industry is your thing.
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 September 2016
I really like working at Canada Cartage. Although it's a big company, it feels like a family run business. The people are great and the work is fulfilling. There are several events throughout the year (i.e. BBQs, ice cream day, bowling, baseball game, holiday parties, etc.) that really bring the team together.
So far, good place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 September 2016
Have worked here for four months, and they have been good. I had excellent training (almost too long) and my manager knows who I am and checks up on me. HR has also checked on me. I'm getting the hours they said I would.
Pros
People all seem good.
Cons
Don't have same truck every day, but trucks have been in good shape
Overall a good work place to get your experience in the field of warehousing and trucking
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC18 September 2016
Loading offloading trailers
Leadership, handling pressure
Managing the flow of drivers
Hard working, trusting
Fast paced
Working safe
Pros
Free donuts and coffee
Cons
Poor communication
Great Place to work
Dispatcher/Billing and Payroll Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON18 September 2016
A typical day at work at Canada Cartage can be very busy or very relaxed depending at the day and time of year. Their is a lot of interaction with many different types of people.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor communication
About companies way of work...
Owner and Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 November 2016
This company is full of liers. Pay structure is always different than what they say. Get everything in written. They will send u everywhere after hiring no 160km radius it is open.
Stressful
Dispatch Support (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 January 2017
Lack of training -if you are someone new to the job don't expect to get much if any proper training .
Negative atmosphere
Lack of communication between dispatch and support persons
Not a good place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Regina27 October 2016
Low pay, bad hours, management is brutal you're just a number that's why they're always hiring I would recommend to stay away. stay away stay away stay away
Pros
End of the day
Cons
Start of the day
worst place
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 October 2016
the worst manager edmonton, really worst management and really unsafe place to work, they have not equipment and tools. extremely mess, the offices are kitchens.
Fun Place
Telecom Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 November 2016
Work place, and co-workers are fun, friendly, and always willing to help out.

Not much over time, if so you get recognized for it.
Lack of qualified managers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 April 2016
Overall a decent place to work, when you take into account the some of the great people that work there.

To many inexperienced Operation Managers, that do not have an understanding of the Transportation Industry. Or even know how to use the talented people that they have working for them. To many of the front line individuals feel over worked and under appreciated.

The lack of Hours of Service training to people seems to be a joke. They way people are treated by certain managers within the company should be raising eyebrows of the most senior of managers.

The company really needs to look at putting the right people in the right places, so that they have a chance to grow.
nobody
no one important (Former Employee) –  western canada29 July 2016
If your a seasoned driver ,your wasting your time even filling out a job app at this place.
They don't really lie to you ,,they just leave out key bits of information unless you ask,,and when your new you trust them but that will change in a very short time.
This company will get you out of the soup line if your in trouble but a good driver has no business being with these guys for any amount of time,,,,there are far better places to work,
A closer look inside of some of these trucks will tell you what kind of people are driving them..would you relieve yourself in a bottle and leave for someone else to find?? and when this guy shakes it of,,,where is that flying???Get the picture now???
There are lots of things that would make this place better to work at but I think that management would not listen,,they are hard wired to make money,,,you will mean nothing to them.
You will be much happier at almost any other job,,,I was really disappointed in the things I saw because it sounded like such a great place to work,,,,live and learn....
Pros
any pros I saw faded fast
Cons
The review should be enough to give you an idea

Comment – August 4, 2016

check out the internet to find out more about a lawsuit filed on this company

Comment – October 14, 2016

good people don't last long here,,,,it sounds great when you start but the truth about this place is far from pretty..poor management that only thinks of themselves is the root of all the trouble here

productive
Payroll/Billing Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 May 2016
meeting deadlines (whether payroll or invoicing/billing)

Learnt - creating SOPs, processing payroll, billing customers and the customer communication through emails and/or phone

Hardest - meeting weekly deadlines
Enjoyable - work environment
Pros
flexible timings
Cons
no appreciation
a drag to work for
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2016
No follow-up, HR is not efficient. Late on pays,dispatch often makes mistakes and the trucks are in poor condition. I don't recommend this company to anyone.
Good company to work for. Hold a lot of events in recognition of their employees' dedication.
Operations Manager-Direct2Home- Canada East (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 February 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job can also be the hardest part of the job. It is a very fast paced working environment with constant trouble shooting and decision making. It's very rewarding when you're able to help that customer receive their delivery on time and trouble free. It's very rewarding when you offer a new team member proper training and then watch them apply their newly learned skills to the job in a positive and productive way.
Pros
Staff recognition events.
Cons
Technology.

2.7