Canada Cartage System Employee Reviews

Great place to work and grow
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 April 2017
I've worked at Canada Cartage for a handful of years and I still really like it here. The people are great, the work is rewarding and management is very approachable.

I'm proud to work for a company that has been around for over 100 years. How many people can say that?
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, good work life balance, great people
Run dont walk run!
Highway driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 April 2017
After my first year things changed. Management is not held accountable for anything. Cross a manager and your days are numbered. Too bad because most of the decent drivers are really nice and please to work with. Benefits are lacking as is wages on highway. Not hourly but mileage. If it takes you a little longer you have to absorb the loss. I cannot recommend this Edmonton location. Biding my time. I'll be free soon!
Pros
Drivers and mechanics are nice.
Cons
Management sucks
bad company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON19 April 2017
very bad company. no oppertunities over weight loads, bad equipment, i would not recomend anyone to work there they will try to get you to run loads over weight bypass stations
Pros
Cons
alot
stressfull place to work as a mechanic
H.D. MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 April 2017
change of management since the last year 2 years and the management are looking for promotion, so the mechanic suffer for it, I don't suggest to anyone to work there, they introduce a standard repair time to time the mechanic but it is for a new engine on a test stand, not an old engine. so it is stressful to work there
Cons
cutback, stupid rules
Lots of hours
DZ Driver straight truck flatbed with moffett (Former Employee) –  Gta28 March 2017
Good benefits and pay. Lots of hours. I was on the home depot contract so I can only speak about this. The team of drivers are very helpful and great to work with
Cons
Not reliable equipment
Sr. Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 March 2017
The company culture is great here however I find limited room for growth. The management is great and they have an open door policy which makes it easy to communicate when solving a problem.
Enjoyed the team work
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 March 2017
Enjoyed the team effort of the group and the day to day routines. Setting in place a structured and organized work place was something I excelled in and enjoyed seeing this day to day.
No Future Here
Cryogenics Driver (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB7 February 2017
If you are happy hauling freight for an average wage then CCS is not a bad place to work. CCS will never retain experienced driver's with the poor benefits package and almost non-existant pension plan that they offer. The pay rates are average for the various contracts they haul for but if you're looking for the complete package then you'll never be happy here. Training here is very poor and rushed. There are a lot of good people here however it's not enough to keep me here any longer.
Pros
Company has lots of work and openings
Cons
Benefit and Pension plan might be the worst in the industry
Terrible working conditions
Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK6 February 2017
This is not a company you want to work at long term. Very disorganized and very unsafe. Management structure is a joke as there is no accountability from upper management for anything. It's every cliche of how not to run a large scale nationwide trucking operation.
Pros
Going home at night
Cons
Deceit, Missing Pay and terrible regional support
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON1 February 2017
This is a very good company to work for. Very outgoing and extremely fast pace which is enjoyable. I learned various things that have helped me gain fantastic experience in other fields. I enjoyed all the benefits on the job, and the people that work in the company.
very bad management
former employee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 January 2017
I totally agree what former employee say about the management in Edmonton. They never talk with you if you made mistakes, they just cut off your trips. And lots power-jackets are broken, drivers hide the power-jackets which could be used and management didn't arrange this. Oh, my god, I think maybe the managers have no education.
Great place to live.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 January 2017
I had an amazing time working at this company. I really enjoyed the work as well as the management and team work environment. I was satisfied by the benefits as well.
You can do better.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2017
If your just fresh out of school or new to the country, this is an ok place to start. They will some what train you for your job just enough to get you by. Trucks are in bad shape due to poor drivers and experience. Pay is low benefits are bad and RSP is a joke. This is not a good company, and they have nothing to offer for experienced career minded drivers. Just keep looking. You will find better companies out there that you want to work for, and that will support your career future.
Pros
It will make you want to find a better job.
Cons
Low wages, bad benefits, makes you feel worthless.
Stressful
Dispatch Support (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 January 2017
Lack of training -if you are someone new to the job don't expect to get much if any proper training .
Negative atmosphere
Lack of communication between dispatch and support persons
Weekend Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 January 2017
Having to supervise my team of workers on Saturday, typically Sunday shifts from (8-4pm). In this process I would check orders and then process the orders for shipping, Great co-workers many single parents, students working. Hardest aspect of the job is working multiple jobs in order to complete 1200 orders daily. Enjoyed the staff and the relationship I created with my co-workers.
My experience as a Co-Op Student
Co-op (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 January 2017
The management was extremely helpful with any questions that I had

The mechanics with which I worked with were very knowledgeable and assisted me whenever I needed help

A great place to work if the truck and coach repair industry is your thing.
Stay away from this company!!!
Truck Driver - Class 1 (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 December 2016
From a Professional drive to another stay away from this company, hard to get pay consistently right, you are treated as a number and nothing more. They will find ways for you to break the rules and regulations, if you are a well season driver with experience this company is not for you. Give yourself and your family a better way to make money and stay away from this company the stress alone isn't worth it.
Pros
Can't think of one
Cons
Too many to mention but management is on the top of the problems.
Fun Place
Telecom Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 November 2016
Work place, and co-workers are fun, friendly, and always willing to help out.

Not much over time, if so you get recognized for it.
About companies way of work...
Owner and Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 November 2016
This company is full of liers. Pay structure is always different than what they say. Get everything in written. They will send u everywhere after hiring no 160km radius it is open.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK31 October 2016
Been at Canada Cartage for 3 years now, have seen plenty of opportunity to work at different positions with new accounts coming on. Trucks are fairly new, well maintained, and repaired quickly if reported. Great emphasis on safety and work to life balance. Have seen other drivers come and go thinking the grass is greener somewhere else, then come back trying to get their job back. I am treated well by everyone here and enjoy the personal feeling I get from dispatch and all staff.
Pros
Options, different work available, open communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Cartage System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6