Canada Cartage System Employee Reviews

No Security...Can't trust
Operations Manager/Senior Planner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 November 2017
After being assured that there was no more layoffs they followed up with another round of layoffs with the same group they told everything was ok. The company mission statement is the same cliché BS that everyone touts but few live by.
Pros
above avg. pay
Cons
lack of retention, too many mid level mgt positions.
Fun and positive environment
Fleet Maintenance Admin Supervisor (Current Employee) –  1115 Cardiff Blvd21 November 2017
Going through invoices entry and making sure vendors and customers are happy. Working with management to better the environment on the shop floors. Safety First policy
Pros
Regular shifts 8 hours
Its a job
Dispatch planner and freight coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 November 2017
The very best job I have ever had, the pleasantness and cooperative nature of fellows employees will forever be missed (not). For those reading this you know who I am and let me be clear, leaving was the single greatest decision that I have ever made. When a job affects your personality and heath the way this one did you have to walk away and never think of that place again.
Pros
free t shirts
Cons
toxic, cancerous environment.
forklift driver
Operated forklift (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 November 2017
organized environment with great people, all forklift drives good and are in good condition. the is simple and easy to understand. used forklift to load, unload and move materials.
Don’t work here
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 October 2017
Don’t work for this company
U won’t get enough work
Pay cheque errors
F*** AR*****
They always you discriminate you and never appraise for your hard work. Safety guys are good but manager they need to go back to school to learn how to talk politely
Horrible Mean People
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 October 2017
People in the division I worked for did nothing to encourage me, never made me feel part of the team. Large Egos. Very rude. Did not know how to train, or have the patience to do so. Supervisor could not handle busy time and took it out on his people.
Pros
Good Benifits, other departments and teams were welcoming and helpful
Cons
Went home crying on a regular basis
stealing hours
AZ Driver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 September 2017
Working hours gets missing on weekly basis, frequent layover, 4 hours pay per day sometime, worst culture, old drivers think they can abuse you for fun and get away with it.
I very good work place
Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC2 September 2017
Good working environment good management All new equipments. Very good benefit plan and pension plan. Good and clean working environment love working with Canada cartage
Good company to work for
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 August 2017
when problems arise, they take care of it. good hours, and customers are great. benefits could be better, pay is good and get some time off during the winter
It's Alright..
Dispatch Support (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON1 July 2017
Hours are okay.. long days..
Pay is not enough considering the stress..

Great people, and very educational job.
I just don't think the management understand how much work their employees do. Very underrated.

Management will clearly tell you, 'you're replaceable'
Official response from Canada Cartage System
20 July 2017

Thank you for your feedback! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your job and the people you worked with. However, we are sorry to hear about your impressions of management. Our employees are our # 1 asset and we are committed to ensuring they feel valued for all their hard work. Please reach out to us at info@canadacartage.com so we can get specifics around this issue to ensure it gets resolved. Thanks again!

Great atmosphere and team leadership
HET Truck and Transport Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 June 2017
Canada cartage was a great company to complete my apprenticeship with. Management was knowledgeable and always willing to give advice from their experience in the trade.
independent
temp-contract (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 June 2017
work area is very busy at times no time to breath. Salary is excellent and staff are quiet and to themselves not really a company family environment but overall good company.
3 Ton Driver (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK16 June 2017
Been working for Cartage for the past year as a 3 ton driver, lots of hours, variety of work. Dispatchers and managers are fair to everyone, they care about your safety and well being above a lot of other things.
Pros
Easy to talk to, variety of work, safe and new equipment
Bad Company to work for.
DZ Driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 June 2017
The Company stinks,, dispatchers seems to be always on the rag.
They send you with an old truck , old beat up pump trucks and extremely heavy loads to a non dock customers.
They simply don't care about the drivers.
If you end up working for this awful company , count your hours, as they seem to lack to have the proper ppl to do accounting.
Pros
Not working for them
Cons
Dispatchers are the most Aholes in the industry.
Variety, Versatily and Flexibility
Management (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 May 2017
Good place to work. No day is the same and the people here are great to work with. Most people have a great sense of humor. Variety of different shifts. Type of work we specialize in has not slowed us down like some other sectors tied to Oil. Enjoy coming to work.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Some days are longer than others
multiple opportunities and new challenges as desired
Highway Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 May 2017
I have run single and team and find the company to have lots of opportunities for people who want to work. Significant growth in the last couple years has created challenges internally, but also presented great opportunity. work for city drivers, highway drivers, day runners and night owls means we have to tell dispatch what we really want and they can usually accommodate.
Pros
from VP down most everybody knows your name.
Cons
irregular days off and runs
Great place to drive
Truck Driver - Class 1 (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 May 2017
I have worked at Canada Cartage for 2 years in BC as a truck driver. So far I have had a good working relationship with my Manager and Dispatcher. Canada Cartage has given me plenty of work in good equipment. I can get extra work if it is there and I feel like the work I do is valued.
Pros
BBQ's
Toss peaple aside like old rags
Was never told (Former Employee) –  Catsiff9 May 2017
Terrible place to work. Management berated all. Was like being in the dark all the time. Ideas and teamwork was not allowed. Heavy handed management.
Pros
Cons
Too much to type
Official response from Canada Cartage System
29 May 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We strongly encourage collaboration and communication and are sorry to hear about your experience. We would like to know more about your experience so we can make Canada Cartage a better place to work. Please reach out to us at info@canadacartage.com with your contact information so we can learn more.

Great place to work and friendly environment!
Billing and Payroll Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 May 2017
Canada Cartage is a great place to work with an exceptional workplace culture and management team. The hardest part of the job is the high pressure environment and strict deadlines. However, all employees help each other to make sure all deadlines are met and work is completed accurately and efficiently.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 May 2017
I have worked for Canada Cartage for 3 years. It has been a great to me. Accommodating and supportive. People are kind - office or drivers. Overall best place I have ever worked.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Cartage System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6