Canada Brokerlink Inc. Employee Reviews

Entry Level Job for insurance industry
Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton AB6 September 2017
Fair company benefits, heave workload
Communicate with clients and insurance company UW every day
If you have your own book, need to take are of it by doing a lot of CAREs to keep high retention ratios.
Satisfactory working environment.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 April 2017
Satisfactory working environment. Company could provide better training for new employees. Overall, I would rate it as average at best and would be comfortable recommending it to someone looking to gain experience in the insurance industry.
Engaging, fast-paced work environment
Insurance Advisor/Rapid Response Team (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 November 2016
A typical day involved anywhere from 20 to 60 incoming calls plus any transfers or direct line calls, answering emails, making sure leads were being followed up on within 2 minutes of receiving them in our inbox and helping teammates.
I learned some new time management techniques in order to be working on and completing multiple tasks and activities at a time.
Management was supportive and very goal-oriented. This gave each day very clear structure of what was expected.
My coworkers were great, everyone was very willing to help each other out. Especially those on the Rapid Response team - which I was a part of. We would collaborate and create new plans to continue improving our sales numbers and breaking more records.
The hardest part of the job was the lack of advancement opportunity. I have a desire to succeed, excel and improve myself so I can become an irreplaceable asset to a company that wants the best for me.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people - both customers and coworkers. The atmosphere was always upbeat and unified.
Pros
Employee appreciation, staff functions, benefits, commissions and bonuses
Cons
Lack of opportunity
Great hours and Management
Insurance Broker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 March 2016
BrokerLink is a great place to work, with standard office hours and the option of picking up extra shifts if you so choose. Management is great as well as benefits. It is a high stress job, however is quite rewarding.
Pros
Lots of lunches from Insurance companies
Cons
High Stress
Fun place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB12 May 2014
Sold home and auto insurance as well as processed changes to policies. Obtained my Level 1 & 2 Insurance licenses as well as my CAIB certificate. The manager and co-workers were very approachable and open to questions as I was learning. Fun group to work with. The hardest part of the job was getting all the paperwork done between clients without making the next client wait too long! I enjoyed working with the team and clients as they came into the office daily.
Pros
Open meetings where everyone felt comfortable sharing
Cons
Dealing with clients who felt their claims were taking too long, had to laise between them and the insurance companies.
Great place to work, Management is great
Senior C/Lines CSR (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 April 2014
I worked here as a C/Lines CSR for many years & enjoyed working here. Had a great Producer who was very successful & I learned a lot from him over the years.

The culture here is very relaxed. They let you do your job & provide encouragement to succeed. They always provide educational opportunities when you need it.

I left there for more money, but would go back there again.
Pros
Great Management & employees
Cons
The salary could be better
Great people to work with!!!!!!!!!!!!
Office Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 February 2014
I have a friendly outgoing personality and love helping people. I enjoy staying busy, work well with others; enjoy meeting new people and most of all a team player!!!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Brokerlink Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3