Canada Bread

Canada Bread Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good job
Sales Manager, NB and PEI (Former Employee), Moncton, NBApril 14, 2015
Review sales target, communication to sales team for directions in sales target, travelling my area, visit store ect.
terminate employees was the hardest job\
working with people with the same objective.
Great Job
Delivery Truck Driver (Former Employee), St. CatharinesMarch 12, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours, inclement weather
Fantastic pay and benefits. Long hours with lots of heavy lifting. Learned product placement, driving a 5 ton truck, working alone within a specific period of time, and appropriate time management with no supervision. Worked alone, so can't comment on coworkers. Hardest part of the job was balancing work hours with home life and dealing with inclement weather conditions on a regular basis.
Productive and fun workplace, respectful and freedom of speech
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 5, 2015
Pros: free lunches and many breaks
Cons: long shut down
Canada bread is my dream workplace ,its hot environment makes it hard but the friendship and the good collaboration makes it very enjoyable, especially when I have to pick up the samples for our routines testing everybody is ready to assist and cooperate.
This was a great place to work.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONMarch 2, 2015
Pros: the people, the work and the company it self.
Cons: nothing.
Arrived at 6:00AM, shift didnt start until 7:00 AM. Had a chance to sit and talk with mechanics and other supervisors about what happened on their shifts.
The management was great, took time to talk to me when I needed, didn' t push me aside to another time.
I learned how to deal with many different cultures.
Out of 13 full time employees and 22 part timers I only had 1 employee that I had a problem with.
The hardest part of the job was the drive from Waterloo to Toronto in the winter time.
The most enjoyable part of the job was everything about the job.
I wish the plant had not closed.
Friendly Fun Hardworking
Stocker (Former Employee), Drayton Valley, ABFebruary 26, 2015
Best work place I have encountered yet. I left due to my Visa expiring and me moving back to the US. Very accommodating to my financial needs.
sucks
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 4, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: low wages, little hours
since the Americans took over, it went down hill. The wages were low it won't get better till the American owners are removed
Typical Job
Tradesman (Current Employee), Halifax, NSSeptember 2, 2014
Fairly Typical, dont expect out of this world benifits with anything...its just a job that pays on payday.
Productive and fun people to work with.
Production Worker (Former Employee), Moncton, NBAugust 21, 2014
Working in a bakery all summer long I learned how to work in the heat. Also drink lots of water. I learned that production and product getting out really depends on the machines and how well they operate. I really liked the people I worked with and most of the management would jump on line to help if needed. The hardest part of the job was getting use to the heat. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly people I worked with.
Was a fun casual job.
Independent Rep (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABJune 12, 2014
Was a casual job that required me to work independently from managers and staff from where I had to merchandise product
diversified customers and seasons created an entertaining atmosphere
driversalesman / load builder / warehouse leadhand (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCMay 30, 2014
Pros: to get out and meet and satisfy peoples needs
Cons: the odd time in heavy snows trying to deliver products in uncleared parking lots
sort in coming order / load truck in orderly fashion / deliver to grocery stores / restaurants / hospitals / pubs / etc. deal with customers inventories and figure out their needs then fill up an order from my truck stock / at same time keeping in mind there are more customers to deliver to / you soon learn how to please your clients while still doing your job as to your companies needs / I have never found anything hard at any job I have tackled because of a happy go lucky attitude and that it is fun to try new adventures
Decent
Roll Line (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 9, 2014
The only problem I had at Canada Bread was that English was rarely spoken there. That made it difficult to communicate with others.
Enjoyable experience overall
ACCOUNT MANAGER, Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), TorontoApril 7, 2014
Pros: autonomy
Cons: low salary for having a dual role
Overall, I had a good experience with the company. My management team treated me well and provided me with autonomy to do the job.
I grew within my role, but the lack of advancement and salary reflects in the overall rating.
I loved working there the supervisor was a really nice man
Production Worker (Former Employee), Toronto, ontFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: it was a very multicultural wor place
Cons: rotating shifts
Working there was very good you were always busy and the time went by very quickly
good
Industrial Electrician (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 27, 2014
Maintenance elecricician fixing el. equipment,PLC, mechanical PM
Canada Bread
General Laborer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 27, 2014
A hard 10 hour day.
Learned shipping/recieving.
Management was good.
Everyone was great to work with.
Loading/unloading trucks were the hardest part.
Working with everyone everyday.
a good place to work
Sanitation (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2014
good place to work, management is so respectful for those who work hard. does't really bother you until you are doing your job properly.
Very enjoyable with free breakfast provided each day.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), 20 Resolution Drive, Brampton, On, L6W0A3January 17, 2014
Pros: recognition, equal opportunities, parties, free bread!
Cons: not being able to solve a situation due to weather conditions or shortage.
Canada bread is a place where team work is paramount. We move in sync with each other. You are never left wondering how a big problem is going to be resolve. We work together as one from the top to the bottom position. Each person is respected and treated as an equal. There are equal opportunities for every person. The environment is friendly and home away from home at Canada Bread.We look out for each and treat each other as the family we are-- celebrating any special moment that occurs in each others lives. No one goes unnoticed. The hardest part at times is leaving and knowing that the day is a hard one for who is going to be left behind. So we don't leave, we stay until all issues are settled. Most enjoyable part of my job is just going to it. Having socials with my co-workers and feeling the love coming in an going out of the doors. We have free breakfast each day. Also we are allowed two free bread per day.
Job culture is outstanding
Intergrade Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: night shifts
co-workers are very helpful specially when you need them. lots chances to learn and improve.
Great place to work.
Shipper (Former Employee), Ancaster, ONNovember 27, 2013
Pros: great, relaxing work environment
Cons: temperature, hours
I learned alot and gained alot through working at Canada Bread.
good
General Labourer (Former Employee), Concord, ONOctober 17, 2013
You should show that you know how to prioritize. At the start of a day -- in any industry -- it is important that you review what needs to be done.surveying your career horizons - using your research skills and networking planning relevant personal development. management was great and so help full.co-workers was very help full and well trained.hardest part of the job when short off a people.

1 2 3