Canada Bread Employee Reviews

It was alright
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 January 2017
Typical day was punching in getting to the line and working. If you had a smooth day consider that a blessing compared to what could happen while working there. Lines are old as dust. Problems come up outta no where and you get blamed for stuff that you were NEVER trained to deal with. Basically trained myself with the exception of two employees that trained me, the rest were either useless and/or language barrier was to distant. In the summer you might as well be in the depths working with the devil. Co-workers werent bad except for a few. Most enjoyable part was punching out and not having to deal with faulty machinery for 8 hours then it starts again the next day.
Pros
Paid Breaks
Cons
Weird Hours, Old machinery
new factory
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 January 2017
the factory was being assembled from ground up. as part of my job was to make sure everything was 100% as it took many tries and errors until we got it to 100% it was interesting and educational which is something I enjoy so it was more of a experiment than a job..as we got all production 100% .It was my job to keep the machines clean per the health regulations.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
lay offs
great for getting well rounded experience in marketing field
Administrative Assistant - Marketing (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 January 2017
very hectic, lots of meetings but very engaged helpful middle management leaders. long days but opportunity to learn alot if just out of university work physical environment leaves alot to be desired.
very demanding, and no schedule flexibility
Plant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 November 2016
Supervising and responsible for number of department including quality, production, shipping and receiving, maintenance, sanitation, and customer service. Completing more than 3 production reports in a daily bases in addition to 4 inspection reports. Notification for schedule change was in a weekly bases unable to plan for family time.
Making that bread
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 September 2016
First job was a good experience, good to learn many things
worked hard and they rewarded more than expected.
Good with hours and changes, management was the best in my case
Productive and fun environment, Emphasis on Safety, 5S and GMP
Line Shipper (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 September 2016
comfortable working environment with great staff members
very adaptive management
emphasis on training and safety
adherence to GMP 5S
overall great working experience
Pros
across the board openness in communication at all levels
Productive and good learning experience.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 August 2016
A typical day at work consists of me getting on my slacks and signing in and checking in with the supervisor about your shift. You then go to your station and get caught up with your co-workers about the previous shift so you're aware of everything. Management normally provide us with systems training every month or so, so we're up to date with safety manuals and work environments or with any new additional rules and procedures. Overall I learned a lot about different work procedures by working on both the production area and wrapping area and also by observing how others work from the shipping and sanitation area.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Fast paced work with great staff
Transporter/driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 August 2016
Working as a driver by delivering loads to Costco and Wal-mart. Transporting during the nights and merchandising during business hours.
Pros
Fast paced environment
Cons
Quiet environment with many long time employees
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  British Columbia20 June 2016
Lack of communication between functional groups
Would like to foster an environment of continuous improvement, but does not facilitate programs for individual growth.
driving is fun
driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 June 2016
i start with canada bread april 2015 its fun job u just drive and deliver bread no bose is watching u but there not enough hours
A large tv room along with our lunch room
Operator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 May 2016
Learned standard working procedure and hygiene sanitation and operating job
Good work atmosphere and cooperated staff and equal opportunity employer
Pros
Free luch time
Cons
Normal Hours like 8 hours in a day
Every day is both unique and challenging - dynamic
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton On - Trillium Facility7 April 2016
A great team of people to work with. The associates actually wanted to be engaged in the day to day activities. I enjoyed my time there as a production supervisor.
Pros
Good relationships
Cons
Awkward working hours
High stress, hard word = high pay
Route Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB30 March 2016
High stressed
Timed crunch
High demand
Zero room for error
Over 10 hrs/day shift work..
And I still loved the job, it show me what it take to run at peak performance and to maintain it over a number of years.

It was never the job that took it toll, if you understand the numbers and listen to the accounts then you will succeed and well that is.Management expended 110% from you but when they were needed to do the same it was lacking and followed by excuses of it's not their job normally. Saddly that is why I am no longer there. I fully beleave in lead by example and if this is done "right" I will do what ever it takes to do 110% for you.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Bad management
Great people
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 March 2016
Canada Bread at Edmonton has great people to work with. People at different department or level are so support of each other. For the first time in my life I witness what team work is.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Accounting department is in Ontario.
customer service part time
Bilingual C S Rep( 3 summer contracts) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 March 2016
good place to work, high volume of orders 40 calls sometimes up to 10 order per call.
I would recommend to a friend
i am only a part time worker, it is busier in the mornings than afternoons
challenging
SHIPPING SUPERVISOR / TRANSPORTATION PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 March 2016
Extremely fast paced environment, associates were great to work with, enjoyed the day to day challenges and being able to beat them consistently.
Great Work
Delivery Driver (part time) (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON17 February 2016
Its a great company to work for, but Schedule can be issue some time. Great Advancement opportunity. its not an high paying job
It was a good place to work
Machine Operator/Relief operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 February 2016
it was a good place to work, it was good pay, people there where nice, and get free bread 2 times a week, really dont know what else to say
Pros
Free Bread
It was the best place to work!
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2016
obsolutely, Canada Bread was a very nice place work but the financial reality of today said otherwise.

My company was forced to come to terms with the day's economic reality. It to restructure its operation and move the production to a new location.

Restructuring and relocation eliminated what I most liked about Canada Bread and I did not go along with the its new plan.
Pros
beautiful place to work with the nicest employees
Cons
There was bit of wasting food and I did not like that
always hot and smells great
Supply Chain Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 January 2016
very hot and sometimes smokey fast paced environment, Deadlines and workforce issues, training and daily shipping programs. lots of team work and communication with production for customers satisfaction.
Pros
always as much fresh bread you can eat there.
Cons
shift work/open 24/7 364 days.