Canada Bread Employee Reviews

Not the same company it was
Cash application administrator (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON14 December 2017
disconnect between management and actual work.
Very good for short term work .
Bad for long term
not health work/life balance
allows you to learn how to work under pressure
which a good thing .
Very cheap
Pros
Job security
Cons
everything else
Canada Bread
Full Time Salaried (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 December 2017
Great company to work with from developing skill sets and experience. Work life balance almost none existing.
Culture is becoming more and more controlling since transition of owner ship without offering any decent work life balance.
Pros
Amazing colleagues
Cons
Long hours, less appreciation other than competitive salary & benefits, Leadership lacks firm directions
Safety as a priority
Sanitation Worker, production area, shipping (Former Employee) –  Calgary24 November 2017
Safety first. The company doesn't tolerate any kind of harassment and discrimination. Also the company wants you to be punctual and not miss work for no reason.
good salary
Bakery Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 November 2017
made lot of friends, good benifits culture is good but sometimes management makes harsh decisions and dont take considerations but not all, some associates are helpfull and some are not
Une bonne environnement de travail
Aide Planificateur de la maintenance (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC15 November 2017
Environnement de travail respectueux, sécuritaire,
Productive work place
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC6 November 2017
Shipping and receiving
order picking
warehouse maintenance
compatible with colleagues
Management was supportive
At times there was heavy lifting other wise the work place was manageable
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
low wages
I love to work with the people
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2017
I am Hardworking, responsible worker over 10 years experience operating variety of machinery and equipment. Ability to carry out sorting, installing, transferring and packing various, materials and objects, physically fit.
Pros
non
Cons
Great place to learn a lot
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2017
Great place to learn a lot, but because of the people they have in positions of authority, the ability to go up in the organization is limited. The people in charge have great knowledge of the business and business in general. So it's a great stepping stone for a lot of people and leaders there will help you become leaders yourselves, maybe just not at CB.
Friendly environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 October 2017
-If you like change and opportunity, it's fast paced, ever changing and opportunities to become involved in so many projects
-Hard working employees, great communication
Pros
Friendly
Cons
No Benefits
Good environment of work and great management people
Mixer Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 October 2017
I enjoyed working with the company for 9 years. I was able to learn many tasks on the production floor from the beginning of the process to bake bread until the shipment of the finished goods. I know how to drive forklift and a bit of power jack, same to operate some machinery of the line. Had a good relationship with my co-workers and had the experience to know people from different nationalities.
The hardest part for me during this time was to work night shift. It affects me emotional.
The best for me was to be able to make some of my best friends in the city and have the support to learn more things everyday.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Shifts at night

Want to know more about Canada Bread?

Ask a question
helpful staff
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 October 2017
Working at Canada Bread was awesome, their management was great, staff of every single shift was so helpful. They really look after their workers really good.
Pros
Free breads for workers
Cons
No particular bus service to that side
Welcoming and Knowledge Team
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB6 October 2017
Every one here at Canada Bread knows their stuff. The management staff has several years of baking and food safety experience and knows the product inside and out. The team is very approachable and is willing to help with any project. If the food industry is something that interests you than I would recommend applying here.
Pros
Intelligent friendly staff
Cons
It can get pretty warm in the bakery
goood company
Inventory management (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 September 2017
I currently work there and this is a very good company. The salary is very good people are fun to work with. I have really nothing bad to say except for the work shift
Good pay, no life
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 September 2017
Working night shift, days off were not consecutive. Not a great way to go through life. The pay was pretty good compared to the current job market. This is all i am willing to write. If you don't like it then don't force me to write it at all
Canada Bread
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC10 September 2017
A very physical job with many demands. It brings out the best in you if you're willing to rise to the challenge. I have taken the skills that I acquired from this company and applied them in many other situations. It was great learning.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC30 August 2017
Management really needs to focus on retaining experienced managers, awesome managers has left the company because there is no appreciation for their hard work....
Un travail facile
Commis a l'expédition (Former Employee) –  Drummondville, QC7 August 2017
Ceci était un emploi facile pour le salaire donné. Malheureusement, il ne cherchait pas des employés a temps plein permanent
Productive and friendly workplace
Sanitation Associate (Current Employee) –  Hannon, ON3 August 2017
We a have a very good work environment in canada bread and a very friendly management. They really listen to the problem of an employee and the try to find solution for that.
It was fun as a first job
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 July 2017
This job was fun during the first semseter of high school I had to quit because of my second semester to foucus on school work. I was not hired back due to another person taking my position.
Pros
Good pay no long shifts
Cons
Super early in the morning
Decent Job, No Shifts
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON, Hamilton ON6 July 2017
Worked every Sunday at two stores. Morning, I would drive to Ancaster Wal-Mart and the afternoon I would go to a Hamilton Wal-Mart to take off any expired bread and replace and re-stock shelves with fresh bread.Would not have mind the job if I had more than 1 shift a week.
Pros
Lots of time off
Cons
Not many shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Bread. Our community is ready to answer.