Canada Bread Employee Reviews in Canada

High stress, hard word = high pay
Route Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMarch 30, 2016
High stressed
Timed crunch
High demand
Zero room for error
Over 10 hrs/day shift work..
And I still loved the job, it show me what it take to run at peak performance and to maintain it over a number of years.

It was never the job that took it toll, if you understand the numbers and listen to the accounts then you will succeed and well that is.Management expended 110% from you but when they were needed to do the same it was lacking and followed by excuses of it's not their job normally. Saddly that is why I am no longer there. I fully beleave in lead by example and if this is done "right" I will do what ever it takes to do 110% for you.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Bad management
Met a lot of people!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NSJuly 30, 2015
While employed with Canada Bread, I met a lot of people and used my customer service skills to the max! I learned that customer service is an ongoing experience as you deal with different situations on a daily basis. I got along great with management/co-workers as they were always there to lend a helping hand.The hardest part of the job was the occasional long hours as sometimes I worked 14 hrs a day. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the customers and engaging with them.
Great Work
Delivery Driver (part time) (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONFebruary 17, 2016
Its a great company to work for, but Schedule can be issue some time. Great Advancement opportunity. its not an high paying job
Was a good place to work.
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 6, 2016
I enjoyed working with my team mates and management on changes that improved our over all working experience and day to day production.
Took great pride in the quality of products we were producing.
Great place to learn.
Apprentice Millwright, Night Mechanic (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONDecember 2, 2015
The company had a lot of good systems and was progressive in the larger centers. This smaller center, as a 2nd year millwright apprentice, I was alone for nightshifts, with an hour or so of meet-up with the maintenance supervisor in the mornings, but the entire staff was a phone call away if I needed help with anything. I got to work with solid state controls and the electrical system up to 450V, pneumatic systems, basic machining, welding, mechanics, the full gambit of what a millwright will see in the real world plus more.

I left due to safety issues with this particular location and those people who were allowing them are no longer with Canada Bread. All told, while not the highest pay, it was rewarding to be allowed to use all of my skills set and work independently.
Pros
Clean work environment, free bread daily, not micromanaged at all
Cons
At the time, the location needed improvement in safety which it now has done.
It was the best place to work!
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2016
obsolutely, Canada Bread was a very nice place work but the financial reality of today said otherwise.

My company was forced to come to terms with the day's economic reality. It to restructure its operation and move the production to a new location.

Restructuring and relocation eliminated what I most liked about Canada Bread and I did not go along with the its new plan.
Pros
beautiful place to work with the nicest employees
Cons
There was bit of wasting food and I did not like that
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 7, 2015
Very good working environment . Very friendly atmosphere.
Management is ok but job is part time and i am looking for a full time position.
Great people
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 30, 2016
Canada Bread at Edmonton has great people to work with. People at different department or level are so support of each other. For the first time in my life I witness what team work is.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Accounting department is in Ontario.
A large tv room along with our lunch room
Operator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 21, 2016
Learned standard working procedure and hygiene sanitation and operating job
Good work atmosphere and cooperated staff and equal opportunity employer
Pros
Free luch time
Cons
Normal Hours like 8 hours in a day
Every day is both unique and challenging - dynamic
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton On - Trillium FacilityApril 7, 2016
A great team of people to work with. The associates actually wanted to be engaged in the day to day activities. I enjoyed my time there as a production supervisor.
Pros
Good relationships
Cons
Awkward working hours
Great Job
Delivery Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  St. CatharinesMarch 12, 2015
Fantastic pay and benefits. Long hours with lots of heavy lifting. Learned product placement, driving a 5 ton truck, working alone within a specific period of time, and appropriate time management with no supervision. Worked alone, so can't comment on coworkers. Hardest part of the job was balancing work hours with home life and dealing with inclement weather conditions on a regular basis.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long hours, inclement weather
Hard work.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 5, 2015
Hard work short shifts. good work environment. Must be physically fit and able to lift full palates and stand long hours.
customer service part time
Bilingual C S Rep( 3 summer contracts) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 28, 2016
good place to work, high volume of orders 40 calls sometimes up to 10 order per call.
I would recommend to a friend
i am only a part time worker, it is busier in the mornings than afternoons
This was a great place to work.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMarch 2, 2015
Arrived at 6:00AM, shift didnt start until 7:00 AM. Had a chance to sit and talk with mechanics and other supervisors about what happened on their shifts.
The management was great, took time to talk to me when I needed, didn' t push me aside to another time.
I learned how to deal with many different cultures.
Out of 13 full time employees and 22 part timers I only had 1 employee that I had a problem with.
The hardest part of the job was the drive from Waterloo to Toronto in the winter time.
The most enjoyable part of the job was everything about the job.
I wish the plant had not closed.
Pros
the people, the work and the company it self.
Cons
nothing.
driving is fun
driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 9, 2016
i start with canada bread april 2015 its fun job u just drive and deliver bread no bose is watching u but there not enough hours
challenging
SHIPPING SUPERVISOR / TRANSPORTATION PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 2, 2016
Extremely fast paced environment, associates were great to work with, enjoyed the day to day challenges and being able to beat them consistently.
always hot and smells great
Supply Chain Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 6, 2016
very hot and sometimes smokey fast paced environment, Deadlines and workforce issues, training and daily shipping programs. lots of team work and communication with production for customers satisfaction.
Pros
always as much fresh bread you can eat there.
Cons
shift work/open 24/7 364 days.
It was a good place to work
Machine Operator/Relief operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 1, 2016
it was a good place to work, it was good pay, people there where nice, and get free bread 2 times a week, really dont know what else to say
Pros
Free Bread
Production Worker
Factory Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSNovember 2, 2015
Start my shift perhaps stacking bread, enjoyed the variety of shifts, variety of job placements. My co-workers were hard-working likeable people. So many different hours were hard to get used to but I enjoyed having a job a family atmosphere.
Pros
lunch scedule 2 breaks of 30 minutes
Cons
the heat in the plant
Usually a busy, hard -working day but many friendly employees and staff
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 12, 2013
A typical day at work is putting on my uniform, washing my hands, doing my task and making sure it is done well; like packaging, putting items in the oven and lifting objects up to 50lbs. I learned to be more punctual, organized and put more effort in my responsibilities. My management was easy-going and provided very good benefits and salary. The hardest part was getting used to waking up at 4:00am every morning but now i am used to it and it is part of my every day routine. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the people I worked with and having lunch of course.
Pros
many benefits and not a night shift so i can pick up my kids from school at 3:30
Cons
it closed down, some days were very slow