Canada Bread

Canada Bread Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It was the best place to work!
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2016
Pros: beautiful place to work with the nicest employees
Cons: There was bit of wasting food and I did not like that
obsolutely, Canada Bread was a very nice place work but the financial reality of today said otherwise.

My company was forced to come to terms with the day's economic reality. It to restructure its operation and move the production to a new location.

Restructuring and relocation eliminated what I most liked about Canada Bread and I did not go along with the its new plan.
always hot and smells great
Supply Chain Supervisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: always as much fresh bread you can eat there.
Cons: shift work/open 24/7 364 days.
very hot and sometimes smokey fast paced environment, Deadlines and workforce issues, training and daily shipping programs. lots of team work and communication with production for customers satisfaction.
Was a good place to work.
machine operator (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 6, 2016
I enjoyed working with my team mates and management on changes that improved our over all working experience and day to day production.
Took great pride in the quality of products we were producing.
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 7, 2015
Very good working environment . Very friendly atmosphere.
Management is ok but job is part time and i am looking for a full time position.
Great place to learn.
Apprentice Millwright, Night Mechanic (Former Employee), North Bay, ONDecember 2, 2015
Pros: Clean work environment, free bread daily, not micromanaged at all
Cons: At the time, the location needed improvement in safety which it now has done.
The company had a lot of good systems and was progressive in the larger centers. This smaller center, as a 2nd year millwright apprentice, I was alone for nightshifts, with an hour or so of meet-up with the maintenance supervisor in the mornings, but the entire staff was a phone call away if I needed help with anything. I got to work with solid state controls and the electrical system up to 450V, pneumatic systems, basic machining, welding, mechanics, the full gambit of what a millwright will see in the real world plus more.

I left due to safety issues with this particular location and those people who were allowing them are no longer with Canada Bread. All told, while not the highest pay, it was rewarding to be allowed to use all of my skills set and work independently.
Hard work.
Labourer (Former Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 5, 2015
Hard work short shifts. good work environment. Must be physically fit and able to lift full palates and stand long hours.
Production Worker
Factory Line Worker (Former Employee), Halifax, NSNovember 2, 2015
Pros: lunch scedule 2 breaks of 30 minutes
Cons: the heat in the plant
Start my shift perhaps stacking bread, enjoyed the variety of shifts, variety of job placements. My co-workers were hard-working likeable people. So many different hours were hard to get used to but I enjoyed having a job a family atmosphere.
Very professional and caring organization
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Former Employee), Moncton, NBAugust 21, 2015
Employees were able to advance within the company. The Company was always willing to train. They cared a great deal about their employees.
Productive , fun people
Team Player / Temporary Lead hand Packaging (Former Employee), Surrey ,BCJuly 31, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: na
cleaned / sanitized and up to health code
prep food to standards / requirements
handled food with caution
drive thru
enjoyed the job
Met a lot of people!
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NSJuly 30, 2015
While employed with Canada Bread, I met a lot of people and used my customer service skills to the max! I learned that customer service is an ongoing experience as you deal with different situations on a daily basis. I got along great with management/co-workers as they were always there to lend a helping hand.The hardest part of the job was the occasional long hours as sometimes I worked 14 hrs a day. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the customers and engaging with them.
Very Good work environment
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, OnJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Mgmt keeping em[ployees happy
Cons: N/A
Supervisor was great working for. I worked very well with my co-workers. the departments were very easy to worked with and helpfull when needed.
I enjoyed watching mgmt's efforts to keep employees happy - provided feedback and lunches there staff.
Very Good Management!
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONJune 29, 2015
Great company to work with. Very compassionate about the employees. Management team is great. Loved working for the summer hours.
Let go without notice
Production Employee (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 22, 2015
Walked in one day and was forced to beat around the bush until informed that there had been a wave of layoffs. Not sure if it was my immediate superior being uncomfortable or what, but up until then the factory was good for hard work, something I needed at the time.
good job
Sales Manager, NB and PEI (Former Employee), Moncton, NBApril 14, 2015
Review sales target, communication to sales team for directions in sales target, travelling my area, visit store ect.
terminate employees was the hardest job\
working with people with the same objective.
Great Job
Delivery Truck Driver (Former Employee), St. CatharinesMarch 12, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours, inclement weather
Fantastic pay and benefits. Long hours with lots of heavy lifting. Learned product placement, driving a 5 ton truck, working alone within a specific period of time, and appropriate time management with no supervision. Worked alone, so can't comment on coworkers. Hardest part of the job was balancing work hours with home life and dealing with inclement weather conditions on a regular basis.
Productive and fun workplace, respectful and freedom of speech
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 5, 2015
Pros: free lunches and many breaks
Cons: long shut down
Canada bread is my dream workplace ,its hot environment makes it hard but the friendship and the good collaboration makes it very enjoyable, especially when I have to pick up the samples for our routines testing everybody is ready to assist and cooperate.
This was a great place to work.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONMarch 2, 2015
Pros: the people, the work and the company it self.
Cons: nothing.
Arrived at 6:00AM, shift didnt start until 7:00 AM. Had a chance to sit and talk with mechanics and other supervisors about what happened on their shifts.
The management was great, took time to talk to me when I needed, didn' t push me aside to another time.
I learned how to deal with many different cultures.
Out of 13 full time employees and 22 part timers I only had 1 employee that I had a problem with.
The hardest part of the job was the drive from Waterloo to Toronto in the winter time.
The most enjoyable part of the job was everything about the job.
I wish the plant had not closed.
Friendly Fun Hardworking
Stocker (Former Employee), Drayton Valley, ABFebruary 26, 2015
Best work place I have encountered yet. I left due to my Visa expiring and me moving back to the US. Very accommodating to my financial needs.
sucks
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 4, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: low wages, little hours
since the Americans took over, it went down hill. The wages were low it won't get better till the American owners are removed
Typical Job
Tradesman (Current Employee), Halifax, NSSeptember 2, 2014
Fairly Typical, dont expect out of this world benifits with anything...its just a job that pays on payday.
Headquarters