Canada Bread Employee Reviews

Un travail facile
Commis a l'expédition (Former Employee) –  Drummondville, QC7 August 2017
Ceci était un emploi facile pour le salaire donné. Malheureusement, il ne cherchait pas des employés a temps plein permanent
Productive and friendly workplace
Sanitation Associate (Current Employee) –  Hannon, ON3 August 2017
We a have a very good work environment in canada bread and a very friendly management. They really listen to the problem of an employee and the try to find solution for that.
It was fun as a first job
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 July 2017
This job was fun during the first semseter of high school I had to quit because of my second semester to foucus on school work. I was not hired back due to another person taking my position.
Pros
Good pay no long shifts
Cons
Super early in the morning
Decent Job, No Shifts
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON, Hamilton ON6 July 2017
Worked every Sunday at two stores. Morning, I would drive to Ancaster Wal-Mart and the afternoon I would go to a Hamilton Wal-Mart to take off any expired bread and replace and re-stock shelves with fresh bread.Would not have mind the job if I had more than 1 shift a week.
Pros
Lots of time off
Cons
Not many shifts
formation
operatrice multi vac (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC22 June 2017
ceux qui veulent travailler il y a de l emplois formation.plusieures semaines de formation a plusieurs postes.
préparation de commandes de pain pour les distributeurs
Expéditeur (Current Employee) –  Drummondville, QC24 May 2017
mon avis est que il y a beaucoup de problèmes a régler et que rien se fait la situation se déterriore de jours en jours jusqu'à il y a des personnes commences à intimidés les gens avec qui il travaille
Pros
ambiance
Cons
aucun suivi des patrons
Ok place to work at
Bread dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON22 May 2017
Can be really boring at times sometimes dad go by slow some days go by fast music helps out a lot once the manager shows up everything goes down hill from there and the shift takes for ever
Pros
Music
Cons
Boring
Its productive but definitely not a fun place to work
Bakery Associate (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC10 May 2017
I love working there but lately canada bread bought by grupo bimbo and they don't treat employees farely. Overall management is bad. currently they lock us out, that's why i am looking for job.
Pros
meet fellow employees
Cons
It get hotter in the summer
Good Manufacturing plant
Distribution Foreman (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC6 May 2017
High Quality Production of both sides -Roll Line Productions and Bread line Production. Excellent Products with Health & safety manners & GMP standards under good and stress free enviornment and controle or clean system
Pros
Free Coffee & Tea
Cons
Sanitation system not good
It is a very lively company
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 April 2017
It a great company, it was also my first job which I enjoyed throughout my life. The people there were very out going and they well help you out when necessary. No one rushes you to finish work ,you are working at your own pace. You feel like you want to go to work the next day due to how they treat you there , if I had the chance I would work at Canada bread once again.
Pros
Have your own lunch work at your own paces
Free Bread daily
Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON15 April 2017
you were given lots of free bread, you could have your breakfast at work, because the company offered free coffee. caring Management, very transparent working Environment -
Pros
Flex hours
interesting job, 4 day week is great
Maintenance Millwright/Power Engineer/Machinist (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC21 March 2017
This location has a very poor culture...no accountability on production employees, middle management with zero experience in the core functions, an archaic Union contract that handcuffs the company resulting in excess production costs which all threaten the future viability of the business. Most Supervisors have little knowledge or integrity, specifically in Engineering. The company does little to nothing to encourage teamwork or knowledge sharing except to put up billboards and slogans and hold endless meetings. The company routinely hires people with little to zero experience in key supervisory positions and relies heavily on the long time experienced employees to keep the place functioning with zero positive feedback.
Unfortunately, while the pay, benefits and 4 day week are good, the long term prospects are not good without a significant culture change, investment in production and maintenance machinery and most importantly, an investment in the people.

This is by no means a unique situation...the race to the bottom that we have endured for the last 30 years has fostered the poor management and culture evident.
Pros
smells good, warm in winter, 4 day week, variety of work
Cons
poor culture, no accountability, high unit cost, high waste
Awesome workplace
SUPPLY CHAIN ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2017
Love working here, only challenge is i am on a contract position. But it was really close to my house and proud to be a part of the world's largest bakery company.
Canada Bread
Superviseur entrepôt (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC5 March 2017
Stabilité et heures de fin de semaine seulement.
Envergure de la compagnie et possibilité de développement
Pros
position de formation meilleure pratique de l'industrie
Cons
stabilité des heures et horaire de fin de semaine seulement.
Good union position
Production Worker/ Shipping receiving (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL4 March 2017
Good company with a solid union, very physical with alot of hours in the summer. pay is slightly lacking compared to other production facilities, not much room for advancement.
Pros
lots of ot hours
Cons
max pay rate not comparable to other production jobs
Positive Experience
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL4 March 2017
While working at Canada Bread I had a positive experience, learning the process of working on a production line and ensuring a quality product is something I will carry with me for the rest of my career.
Pros
Good Team
Cons
Night Shift Hours
very productive
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC26 February 2017
Once I start working, It was very busy.
The workplace was very friendly and co-operative.
Although it was very hot in summer due to large ovens, still i loved to work there.
was a good job
Bakers. Helper (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 February 2017
was a good place to work,people were friendy,management was fair to work with,lunch room available,safety boots supplied and uniforms.
Hours were reasonable shift work.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
not complaints about it
It was alright
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 January 2017
Typical day was punching in getting to the line and working. If you had a smooth day consider that a blessing compared to what could happen while working there. Lines are old as dust. Problems come up outta no where and you get blamed for stuff that you were NEVER trained to deal with. Basically trained myself with the exception of two employees that trained me, the rest were either useless and/or language barrier was to distant. In the summer you might as well be in the depths working with the devil. Co-workers werent bad except for a few. Most enjoyable part was punching out and not having to deal with faulty machinery for 8 hours then it starts again the next day.
Pros
Paid Breaks
Cons
Weird Hours, Old machinery
Enjoyed my 14 years
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON10 January 2017
Although they have closed the North Bay location if ever given the opportunity to work there again and was not employed I would definitely return to the Company.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
shifts could be arranged better to accommodate family life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Bread. Our community is ready to answer.