Canada's Wonderland

Canada's Wonderland Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun but managemet is horrible
Team Lead (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMay 16, 2015
fun, can be fast paced
learned to work as part of a team
co-workers were very cool
hardest part was completing work in the hot sun
co-workers made the job enjoyable
Productive work place
Ride Attendant (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMay 12, 2015
As a ride attendant, my duties were to ensure the safety of customers and interact as they enjoy their day. The hardest part of the job was to ensure rules and regulations of the ride to customers to guarantee their safety, sometimes customers would break the rules and at times go as far as becoming a bit harsh with their behavior.
Working at Wonderland
Part Time Seasonal Sales Associate and Usher (Current Employee), AdmissionsMay 11, 2015
Pros: free admission
Cons: sometimes shifts get cut without prior notice
I am just speaking on my behalf, but working at Wonderland was not all I thought it was to be, but it was also a great learning curve and way to build confidence, patience and communication skills.
Hard work, fun work, hard to work with staff.
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 6, 2015
The staff at Canada's Wonderland are as expected, all very young. This makes them a little bit harder to work with. However, the job itself is quite fun, and engaging.
assist riders
Ride operator (Former Employee), vaughanMay 1, 2015
operate the rides
clean section
greet customers
buckle them in riders and do safety check
worked in the funnel cake shop
baked
chasier at novelty shop
Fun workplace
ride attendant (Former Employee), maple, ontarioApril 28, 2015
A typical day at work is fun and enjoyable, we star by test riding the rides followed by cleaning the ride before guests arrive.
Disrespecful and depressing work environment
Creative Team Member (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 24, 2015
Pros: Work outside, free apples once in a while, free admission to the park, preview of all the haunted attractions the night before opening
Cons: Bad management, disrespectful atmosphere, negativity all the time
None of the management knew how to communicate with each other - it was a giant game of "pass the buck" the entire time. I worked in the Halloween Haunt department, and although the title of my job was "creative team member", there was nothing creative about it. The bosses would listen to your suggestions, immediately reject them because of some small problem that would be very simple to solve, then weeks later put the idea into action under the guise of it being their original thought.
The hours were fine, but the pay was far too low and no one ever got a raise. I have a few friends who worked there for over four years without seeing a pay increase. We got no benefits, and there was either absolutely no work to keep us busy or way too much because management didn't know how to properly delegate or schedule anything.
Bottom line, don't work there. It's awful.
Canada's Wonderland
Seasonal Employee, Games salesman (Part-Time) (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 7, 2015
Pros: Many hours, great work environment and
Cons: Heat stress
It was an excellent experience. I learned to excel at cash handling, communicate with enthusiasm and provide guests with a world class experience. The hardest part of my job was working in the sun for many hours. The most enjoyable part of my job was to see the guests smile.
Fun work place with free ride
Guest Services / Safety & Loss Prevention (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONMarch 30, 2015
Pros: discount food
Its a great place to work, where you can gain experience and knowledge with working with good co-worker who are good team player.
Consistent hours and great co-workers
Rides Attendant (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Entertaining work
Cons: Bad shift scheduling
Wonderland is a great job for any one who wants sufficient experience in the service industry. The park is always busy so you are never bored and majority of the workers there are spontaneous, so the experience is fun.
Productive work environment
Line Cook (Current Employee), Vaughn, ONMarch 21, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: not so good management
It was an experience. Productive and friendly environment. The co-workers were like a family, it was great to get to know them.
Energetic People person who adapts well in a quick pace enviroment. Friendly and outgoing while customer oriented.
Cashier (Former Employee), vaugn ontarioMarch 16, 2015
Pros: fun enviroment:customer oriented
Cons: good hours
I am studying employers and seeking to find out more abourwonderlands and what they look for in employers. I am taking a course and this is one of my researches. I am experienced in sales 4 years
Fun summer job
Rides Operator (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMarch 13, 2015
Worked mostly with kids.
Very hot outside but you still have to wear long pants.
Can work a lot if you wish to do so.
Very friendly co-workers
Great fun job
Entertainer (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: lots of cool people
Cons: very long shifts
It is very fun entertaining the guests and having a good time. Being creative is key for being good at this job. Management is very cool
Fast-paced work environment where team work is key
Rides Operator (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONFebruary 26, 2015
I learned expert customer service in my role as a ride operator. I had to perform my tasks quickly and efficiently while keeping safety a top priority. The park was always busy the summer I worked there, so it was never dull. I got along well with co-workers and made the guests smile on a daily basis.
Interesting experience
Haunt Talent (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: cold
I showed up for makeup, waited in a long line to get it done, changed into my costume and headed to my house where i froze for 5 hours and got harassed by guests who were saying really rude and inappropriate stuff but at the same time it was a lot of fun and i met a really good friend from it and id probably do it again to be honest. Plus our supervisors were cool and i got on tv.
good
Ride Operator (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONFebruary 19, 2015
awsome job very fun and educating, guest were a challenge but helped build by communication skills all together. Met alot of new people and made lots of new friends during my summer job experience there. Wonderful place for teens but too much over time with a small salary.
terrible place with lots of stress on employees
food and beverage supervisor (Former Employee), vaughanFebruary 19, 2015
Cons: everything
managers treat employees like numbers. there was no fun and managers dont know what they are doing ever. coworkers were cool to meet other people but there was no time to relax. customers were so mean and managers didnt help us
Worth the Long work weeks
Operator (Former Employee), Vaughan, OnFebruary 13, 2015
Wonderland can be draining, working at least 40 hours every week, but it was well worth it. The management staff and the supervisors are easy to get along with and connect well with the staff because they are similar in age
Productive and Fun
Security, Hospitality (Former Employee), Maple, ONFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: free concerts!
Cons: cleaning up the kingswood theater leftover food with bare hands on a cold, wet night after a concert.
Lots to learn and lots to do! Everyday presented a new, entertaining challenge. Co-workers were very friendly and supportive. The hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of summer.

1 2 3 4 5

About Canada's Wonderland

Canada's Wonderland is a 330-acre (130 ha) theme park located in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada, a suburb directly north of Toronto. – Read more