Canada's Wonderland

Canada's Wonderland Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and Fun with good benefits
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 20, 2016
The co-workers and supervisors that you would work with can be very cool at times, it is a very fast paces and potentially stressful work environment due to the weather and larger amount of customers dealt with. Sometimes you may run into a supervisor that would not really consider be to empathetic with you to say the least, which may make the work place a little less enjoyable. You will get a lot of hours on the job so the pay is not bad for a lot of people who are either in high-school or with their parents, but is not recommended for those who have a lot of money related responsibilities.
Pros
lunches are cheap, free admission and easy going supervisors
Cons
long hours, hot weather and little rest time
Work/Play
Ride Attendant/Operator (Former Employee) –  Maple, ONJuly 19, 2016
Canada's Wonderland was one of those jobs where you didn't just work and get paid but you got to have playtime too. After so many weeks of working you would start to get complimentary park passes. as time went on and each number of weeks added up you would get more and more passes. Example: after 4 weeks I got 2 passes and after 8 weeks I think it was 4 passes etc etc.
Pros
free admission passes to the park, employee event nights
Cons
working outside in bad weather
Productive and great place for improvement of communication skills
Rides Operator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 18, 2016
Amazing place of work with enthusiastic Team members and even better experience interacting with thousands of new people daily which greatly improved my communication skills.
Can sometimes be fun, but overall is not a good place to work
Rides Operator (Former Employee) –  Maple, ONJuly 16, 2016
Overall, wonderland is not a fun place to work. The hours are long, and in the heat downright painful. It would be better if they had better organization.

The schedules rotate hour by hour, determining which ride you will be working at, but they're rarely done before the last minute, lots of time they're done late. Its very frustrating when you just want to go on your break after running around a ride platform in the heat for 4 hours.

You can get close with co workers at the same ride and that can make it more bearable, but in general i found that was not the case. There was so much drama it felt like a highschool.

The upper management doesnt care about you, and if they try to tell you something they are incapable of doing so nicely, and if they so happen to be the wrong one, they sure don't allow you the chance to speak up and let them know. They don't listen or care about their employees.

Unless you're really desperate for a job, I would say dont work here. The only good part of this place is how easy it is to get hired.
Fun place with many faces and entertainment
Admissions Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 6, 2016
Canadas Wonderland is one of the best experiences I've had as an employee. This place is friendly, time efficient, and always looking for new employees every season.
Pros
Working in a amusement park
Cons
Double bus fare trips
busy environment
food service associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 4, 2016
coworkers are great
busy all the time
non stop working until break
break was given every 5 hours for 45 mins
either 8 hour shifts or more each day
Pros
Cons
buses dont run often
Productive and fun workplace
Merchandise Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 3, 2016
-Hardest part was the heat.
-I learned how to use a cash register and how to handle cash.
-I didn't like the hours i was given.
-I had great co-workers!
Pros
40 minute to hour long lunches
Cons
Really long hours
fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJune 28, 2016
great experience would do again would love to get hired. Had to quit because of family health problems. But like i said it was a good experience.
Pros
discounts
Cons
cant play games
Kind co-workers, but not everything is perfect
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJune 27, 2016
My co-workers and supervisors were very kind and considerate towards me, especially considering I was going through some health issues at the time. However, the store I worked in was a very boring place to be and I was alone all the time, despite the managers saying there would always be two people in the store at all times. I applied for full time hours and have not been getting that. they've only been bringing me in 3 out of 5 days a week, which really isn't fair at all or what I signed up for.

You learn a lot of things while working and they don't tell you everything during orientation.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Boring places and misleading information
good
Ride operator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJune 23, 2016
Wonderland was a great stepping stone into the working world, I learned a lot and met a lot of great people. Management was good.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
hot summer months
"Pretty good starting job"
Park Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJune 23, 2016
Pros
- Got long hours
- Good discounts
- Constantly on your feet
Cons
- Working in certain weather conditions were horrible
- No pay raise
- Have to deal with a lot of upset customers on a daily basis
Seting the WI-Fi system up
Windows Server Manager and Administration (Former Employee) –  Canada's Wonderland, ONJune 16, 2016
First step program 180+ Devices such a Access Point (indoor and outdoor) and Switches using Zonedirector .
Cabling and installing all dices on the best position increasing signal range .
Install Backup battery and switches in the rack.
Build and test cable terminals
It was so far my best project where i've learned a lot.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when they gave our new building to work on it (because that mean that you did a great job on your last building)
Pros
Salary was great, Great Co-workers, Location was amaizing
Cons
Work outside when we had cold weather.
Productive and fun environment
Ride Team Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 12, 2016
Canada's Wonderland has taught me many things in life, primarily how to be a leader and the person I am today. The management is absolutely understanding and helpful.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
Wage is not enough
Very Happy
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJune 9, 2016
it was such an experience working for wonderland, met new people and made guests very happy.highly reccomend other security to work here.
Job as a cashier at Canada's Wonderland
food, cashier (Former Employee) –  1 Canadas Wonderland Drive, Vaughan, ON L6A 1S6June 7, 2016
There were lots of friendly people whilst working at Canada's wonderland. The managers are thorough and productive, It was a friendly and welcoming experience.
Pros
good hours
Cons
tight schedules
Fun and Productive
Foods Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJune 1, 2016
Typically helped customers with multiple things. Addressing each question of the customer. Flexible hours and great environment. Memorable experience and management was exceptional.
fun place to work, great employees, bad pay
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maple, ONMay 28, 2016
People here are great to work with, management are a bit unprofessional (in terms of conversations they have around employees). Management equips you with tools to help you complete your job (employee manuals).

Pro: advancement (but you won't get paid a lot more)

Major Con: unrelated job duties for one position: for example, an HR assistant here would also do employee laundry for the culinary department, hand out pay stubs, cashier and inventory duties, mopping floors as well as cleaning windows/glass counter (very random)

Con#2: Your boss could be much younger than you (good luck with that)

Con#3: Bad pay: an HR assistant starts at 11:25, after a promotion you only get .25 cents more, the manager for this section makes $14/hr
Pros
Made good friends, opportunity for advancement
Cons
unrelated job duties, not the best start for HR assistant applicants
Fun work environment
Admissions Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONMay 20, 2016
Fun place to work at because of all the friendly people that you get to meet, whether they are employees or guests. Hours were reasonable, typically did not work too long without being given a break. Enjoyable to be working outside given the weather was nice.
Food and Beverage was NOT my cup of "Tea" here.
Cashier and Server Food and Beverage Team (Former Employee) –  Maple, ONMay 13, 2016
Though I learned many things during my employment, there were many things getting in my way of doing my job to the best of my capability.

My co-workers got annoyed with me constantly, and some barely did their job right. During my serving time at Manchu Wok, I got burnt when an employee filling in for someone who was absent, left the serving spoon beneath the heat lamp.

A client ordered that particular item and there was nothing I could use to grab the spoon, so without any other choice i grabbed the spoon with my bare hand and got burnt. My supervisor falsely accused me of lying though I had proof from Wonderland First Aid.
Pros
Free entrance to the Theme Park on days off.
Cons
Unprofessional Supervisors, Too Long of Hours
Fun but hard
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONMay 9, 2016
Working at Wonderland can be a great place to make friends but it can be tough. At times management may only care about the other higher ups but it's really a good place for people who never worked and only want to work in the summer.

Canada's Wonderland Reviews by Location