Canada's Wonderland Employee Reviews

fun and productive work environment' great managment and friendly empoyees
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON8 December 2017
Managment was good. great employees always able to get the task done in the kitchen. the kitchen had a big team meaning tasks would get finished fairly quickly
Pros
discounts' free entry
fun place to work,
Food and beverage (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 December 2017
Cedar Fair own many amusement parks. all types of cultures, fair, fun, physically busy,

hardest part getting tired. Management very knowledgeable . the most enjoyable part meeting all kinds of people.
Pros
didn't feel like work
Inviting atmosphere at work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 December 2017
Working at Canada's wonderland was definitely a great experience. On a typical work day I would do my job but at the same time i would have social interactions. From working at wonderland I learned that the salary is not the only thingat would make or break a certain job
Admissions Associate 2017 review
Admissions Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 December 2017
I worked at Canada's Wonderland as an Admission Associate for the 2017 season. It was a great experience as I got to improve my skills for future jobs. I have met great co-workers in this department, some of which became good friends. You will meets lots of people in this department, some of which you will talk beyond work and when it ends. It was very flexible in this department in which time off requests are granted and easy to switch shifts. The downside to admissions is that when it rains, you get sent home or your shift gets cancelled. Also you face the risk of being moved to ticket taking if you are working in seasons pass (which mind you, ticket taking is boring if there are no guests). And, when its cold outside, brr good luck at ticket taking! It certainly was in the beginning of the season. The team leads this year could have done better in management skills (except for one and he did a fantastic job). Admissions is great for a one season experience, as the job can be repetitive later in the season. Overall, it was a great experience and I am thankful for it despite some rude guests. Some are good too, that's all part of customer service. I am currently deciding if I may return for the 2018 season as I will have commitments next summer, we will see!

P.S. Guests will yell at you for the price of parking and tickets, great piece of advice, don't let it affect you and keep your professionalism.
Pros
Free entry to park on days off, meet great people, flexible, builds great experience
Cons
rude guests, shift cancelled or sent home during rainy days, can be moved around, when its slow time hurts
Good experience for an entry level job
Ride Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 December 2017
It is a job that keeps you outside, and you learn teamwork skills from it. I was able to meet various people and learn better customer service skills as well.
Productive and rewarding
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON4 December 2017
A very and friendly atmosphere

busy during peak periods, and quite enjoyable

the most enjoyable part of the job when the client is happy when the call has ended with Thank you very much, you have been most helpful!
Pros
speaking with clients
Excellent to meet new people
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 December 2017
working at Canada's wonderland was an amazing opportunity for me as I was able to develop some new skills and create some amazing friends in the process of it.
Pros
Free tickets and free entry
Cons
long hours, long commute
Fun workplace
Games Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON23 November 2017
Working in Canada's Wonderland was very fun and thrilling. Hope to work In Canada's Wonderland again in the future. I gained lots of skills that will help in my future when I apply to another job.
Pros
Flexible hours
A nice summer job
Food Team Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON18 November 2017
Working at Canada's Wonderland really opened up a whole new world to me in terms of working in the food department. You're exposed to a whole lot more while working in a fast pace, busy environment. Overall had a nice experience working there.
Service associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 November 2017
My team was great and that made me love my first job.And the way we all work too and make it a very good job experience working.Also being able the help people who enjoy coming to Canada Wonderland
Pros
Nice Team members
Cons
Tiring less breaks
productive and gain experiance
Line Cook/ Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 November 2017
The locker room is always clean, functional managers, supervisors. Dealing with customers was fun, and I adapted with how things go during rush hour, dealing with hundred customers daily. The hardest part of the job was multitasking during rush hours and delivering food in its highest quality. I met new people, made connections that help me till this day
Pros
discount, free passes
Cons
unstable hours shifts
Fun and good hours
Admissions Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2017
Supervisory team was pleasant to work with, job environment is nice. Team leads are helpful and mindful. If you request a day off or time off they always grant it to you.
Pros
Cons
some shifts are outside, during cold weather
Good environment
General Labourer (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON28 October 2017
Best part of the work is the environment with lots of chill co workers, good scenery/rides, good food. Pay is minimum with opportunities to advance to a higher position, cons is long hours and very hot working outside in the summer.
Pros
Good environment and people
Cons
Very hot in summertime/long hours
Fun place to work
Wonderland Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON27 October 2017
good place to work fun co-workers easy going supervisors never felt the odd one out overall very good pace to work would recommend to anyone to work here
Productive, busy but has its moments of fun
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON26 October 2017
Need a lot of dedication for this job and must have a lot of availability. Management is alright but associates you work with are pretty fun. Once you have a positive mindset for the job, then you'll have fun.
Fun, hard working and safe
Games Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON25 October 2017
Canada's wonderland was a very fun place to work at, every employee were very hard working and nice. Lastly, Canada's wonderland was a very safe and secure work placement to work at.
Pros
Discounts
Very fine summertime employment
Kaman's Caricatures Artist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 October 2017
Flexible and devoted to my work. I had a wonderful time with clients both young and old. Most enjoyable time was seeing clients amused at caricatures.
Pros
fun park
Cons
work very fast
Unfair, not enough money for amount of work
Rides Operator (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON15 October 2017
Typical day at work would be from 9am-10pm. Super long days, management over rid policies. Treated like a piece of garbage. ONly plus about working here is benefits, you get in for free at CN Tower, Ripleys, Niagra,, ect. Other than that, not the best environment, no room for improvement.
Pros
free cn tower, ripleys, niagara, wonderland.
Cons
everything else
Fun people, hard work
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON15 October 2017
I loved being a lifeguard at Splash because of all the people I met, but the management was terrible and the hours were crazy. I barely had a day off a week and i have no time for my social life.
Pros
good people, sometimes free foos
Cons
long hours, bad management
productive and fun persuading customers
Games Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON14 October 2017
A typical day at work consisted of me advertising games to the people in the park, I'd go on the microphone the majority of the time and successfully persuade costumers to play my game. I learned how to better work as a team and as well as working individually, I also learned how to properly manage the cashier. The hardest part was working for many hours in the cold outside, the most enjoyable part of the job was persuading the customers to actually play the games, it was fun interacting with customers and meeting new people.
Pros
discount on lunch
Cons
disrespectful security