Canada's Wonderland Employee Reviews

Not the greatest management
Food and Beverage Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON4 August 2017
Typical work day would be long hours in the hot sun unless I get home after working for three hours or as soon as I get there. Little to know training, especially when getting transferred to different locations. Team leads/supervisor are not very helpful especially when you need them. I learned how to make due with what I have and deal with difficult customers.
Pros
Discounts and access to park
Cons
Long hours and bad management
Brace yourself
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 August 2017
if you get into a great crew with friendly people you will be able to deal with much more of the cons of this job. Other than the weather, the job is only hard because of guests and a few supervisors that may abuse there position. Pack your own lunch because the cafe lines are long and you will spend most of your break in the lines and the other half getting back to your ride. Remember to bring water, blue or black pens, and a watch. Things will get really hard to handle during the months that students are off school, so take don't be afraid to ask for help or to ask for a break if u have heat exhaustion or need to go to the bathroom. Targets are hard to meet so just try your best
Pros
crew events
Cons
weather, guests, depending on where you are the supervision
Very hard work bad hours
Driver warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  Maple, ON26 July 2017
Day starts at 5 am at 1 pm I worked in the food warehouse delivering food to the park it would help if you knew the layout of the park
mostly working with 20 year old "kids" and I am 3 times their age so that was interesting
some of the "kids" where ok to work with and the the bosses are very young also
Not really for someone that what a long term job as its only for the summer Lots of heavy lifting most of the times
Pros
Free psrk vists
Cons
heavy lifting weird hours
Its a fun place to work
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON26 July 2017
Canada's Wonderland helped me to be more confident and it was a fun place to work. Also, it is a great place for teenagers to start the work placement experience
Pros
free passes and great discounts
fun workplace
Rides Operator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON22 July 2017
Working at Wonderland was a fun experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was free access to the park and opening and closing rides that you can go on. The hardest part of the job is that you're working outdoors.
Cons
working outdoors, traffic on route to work
fast paced environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON20 July 2017
fun, fast paced, entertaining place to work. Never a dull moment, always something to do. You will meet new faces every single day. Overall great experience
bad pay
Security and Loss Prevention (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 July 2017
They pay is not worth the amount of work you are doing as a security guard working for Cedarfaire Canada's Wonderland. Management doesn't help their employees
Great co-workers, fun job
Food and Beverage Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON14 July 2017
Overall, I cannot complain about my experience working at Wonderland. My co workers were fantastic, and I had a great time helping out the people at Wonderland. I gained necessary communication, leadership, and organizational skills while working to help me in my future endeavors. It only became difficult at the end, when all three of my supervisors quit, and I did not know my schedule until the day before. Other then that, it was a blast to work there.
Pros
Access to all of the rides
Cons
Working long hours without a break
It's not what you expect
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Kidsville12 July 2017
You might think all of your coworkers want to help you well it's all lies they want you to fail so that they can report you and I don't really care but their food sucks
Busy
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 July 2017
You will be working long hours, in hot weather. Good for students who are looking for Experience but other than that not the best place to work. Good Luck
Good for a first job.
Food and Beverage Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON11 July 2017
Most of the people there are high school students and will get along with you quite easily. Supervisors are mostly university students and they are pretty chill. There are units, however, with terrible or cliquey management which will make the place a nightmare. Although the work at my department was alright, some places require heavy lifting and repetitive labor. Cleaning can be gross as well. It is a fast-paced environment but you are entitled to breaks.

Overall, it is a worthwhile job if you are looking to do anything. A lot of associates are seasonal employees looking to have some form of work experience in their belt.
Pros
Free access to the park, great coworkers
Cons
Difficult commute by public transit, some departments are poorly managed.
Amazing Workplace
Seasonal Human Resources Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON8 July 2017
While working at wonderland I have improved my people skills, learned motivation, responsibility, time management. The most enjoyable part about working at Wonderland was meeting new people, and improving my skills.
Unprofessional High-School Atmosphere
Usher (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 July 2017
Being paid minimum wage to be yelled at all day in 30 degree plus weather is never fun, but it is at least a good job to toughen you up and get your feet wet in dealing with all kinds of awful people and unfair treatment from employers. It's hard to go anywhere but up from here.

Supervisors and Managers are all extremely young and in high school which isn't always a problem as some are genuinely great at their jobs but it becomes very cliquey and unprofessional where the popular kids get to stay in the shade or hang out in the backrooms with their friends and the more quiet unpopular kids get the worst jobs to do. This also translates into who gets promoted, and it becomes a vicious cycle.

Not a good atmosphere at all, and I genuinely feel for all people who need to take this job, because they know it's a guaranteed job for them.
Do not work food and beverage
SEASONAL ASSISTANT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 July 2017
They pick favourites. They over schedule you all the time and try to make you feel bad when you say you cant stay later. They leave you out in the heat if you're not supervisors fav. dont If you want a life work here.
The only plus is you meet some really cool people
Tough Hours, but Good Salary
Food Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 July 2017
I had some great coworkers where I had to work a minimum of 8 hours a day, which was not pleasant, which was a requirement at the unit that I worked at. The supervisors were nice and understanding but the area supervisors were not so understanding, and not as sympathetic as the supervisors.
Pros
Good Pay, Great coworkers, and Free Lunches at Courtyard when available
Cons
Long hours, Very Fast Pace
Okay place
Foods and Beverages Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON30 June 2017
The staff are young, so for people that are teens or young adults making friends is an easy task. The Foods and Beverages department is not run efficiently.
Pros
hours are great
Cons
horribly managed
Great start for a young person looking for their first position
Food and Beverage Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON29 June 2017
My first job ever. Can be a great community; personally, I made really great friends that I still talk to even two years after working there.
Hours are long, managerial staff is composed of young adults who are extremely condescending and easily unlikable. The pay is minimum. I recommend Canada's Wonderland to anyone who's starting their first job. Extremely long hours with little breaks that are usually late.
Pros
Free entry to Canada's Wonderland
Slavery
Food and Beverage - Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON26 June 2017
If you are ready to work like a slave, you found the right place.
If pay is not good at all but working during the summer to make quick cash is definitely an asset
Pros
Hours
Cons
pay-slavery
Workable
Cashier and Food Assoiciate (Former Employee) –  Vuaghn25 June 2017
It wasn't horrible for a first job but management needs improvement as well as they need to train staff better so there isn't many mishaps while working.
Cons
Bad Management
Fun Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON21 June 2017
Fun place to work. Learned that in order to complete the job correctly and to have the most fun you need to work as a team. At Wonderland there are many different jobs but you need to remember that no job is too small.That all jobs are of equal value.
Pros
Never a dull moment
Cons
Heat