Canada's Wonderland

Canada's Wonderland Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive work environment
Line Cook (Current Employee), Vaughn, ONMarch 21, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: not so good management
It was an experience. Productive and friendly environment. The co-workers were like a family, it was great to get to know them.
Energetic People person who adapts well in a quick pace enviroment. Friendly and outgoing while customer oriented.
Cashier (Former Employee), vaugn ontarioMarch 16, 2015
Pros: fun enviroment:customer oriented
Cons: good hours
I am studying employers and seeking to find out more abourwonderlands and what they look for in employers. I am taking a course and this is one of my researches. I am experienced in sales 4 years
Fun summer job
Rides Operator (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMarch 13, 2015
Worked mostly with kids.
Very hot outside but you still have to wear long pants.
Can work a lot if you wish to do so.
Very friendly co-workers
Great fun job
Entertainer (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: lots of cool people
Cons: very long shifts
It is very fun entertaining the guests and having a good time. Being creative is key for being good at this job. Management is very cool
Fast-paced work environment where team work is key
Rides Operator (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONFebruary 26, 2015
I learned expert customer service in my role as a ride operator. I had to perform my tasks quickly and efficiently while keeping safety a top priority. The park was always busy the summer I worked there, so it was never dull. I got along well with co-workers and made the guests smile on a daily basis.
Interesting experience
Haunt Talent (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: cold
I showed up for makeup, waited in a long line to get it done, changed into my costume and headed to my house where i froze for 5 hours and got harassed by guests who were saying really rude and inappropriate stuff but at the same time it was a lot of fun and i met a really good friend from it and id probably do it again to be honest. Plus our supervisors were cool and i got on tv.
good
Ride Operator (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONFebruary 19, 2015
awsome job very fun and educating, guest were a challenge but helped build by communication skills all together. Met alot of new people and made lots of new friends during my summer job experience there. Wonderful place for teens but too much over time with a small salary.
terrible place with lots of stress on employees
food and beverage supervisor (Former Employee), vaughanFebruary 19, 2015
Cons: everything
managers treat employees like numbers. there was no fun and managers dont know what they are doing ever. coworkers were cool to meet other people but there was no time to relax. customers were so mean and managers didnt help us
Worth the Long work weeks
Operator (Former Employee), Vaughan, OnFebruary 13, 2015
Wonderland can be draining, working at least 40 hours every week, but it was well worth it. The management staff and the supervisors are easy to get along with and connect well with the staff because they are similar in age
Productive and Fun
Security, Hospitality (Former Employee), Maple, ONFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: free concerts!
Cons: cleaning up the kingswood theater leftover food with bare hands on a cold, wet night after a concert.
Lots to learn and lots to do! Everyday presented a new, entertaining challenge. Co-workers were very friendly and supportive. The hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of summer.
Fun for a while but it gets really tedious and annoying.
Games Salesperson (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJanuary 27, 2015
A lot of the job is waiting around when no one wants to play the games. I feel like a dick persuading people to play a game they didn't want to in the first place and watching them lose their money. It's not all bad though. Some people genuinely enjoy the carnival games cause they're the type of people with money to blow. But after working there for two years there was nothing left there for me to learn and so thought it was time to move on.
Produtive and fun workplace
Rides Attendent (Former Employee), Vaughn, OntarioJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: friendly envrionment
Cons: long hours
The staff that work at Canada's Wonderland are amazing. They treat their employees and co-workers very well. Also the pay and salary is very benefical. However, the shifts were very long. Worked 6 days out of the week, sometimes even 7. The days were hot and some guests were rude.
Entertaining and fun workplace with great perks
Park Service Associate (Former Employee), Vaughn, ONDecember 28, 2014
Working at Canada's Wonderland is not like most jobs, it is very entertaining and joyful. From working at Canada's Wonderland I learned how to organize better and help guests with their concerns. The management is excellent, is very organized. Each day you meet new people and make new friends with the associates. The hardest part of the job would be to try and make everyone enjoy their visit. When a guest enjoys their visit and leave with the "best day ever" experience, that is the most enjoyable part of the job.
My Job
Halloween Haunt Monster and Usher (Former Employee), Vaughn, ONDecember 5, 2014
My job experience was amazing! I loved working with my co-workers It felt like we were a big family. the work is awesome with flexible hours and the mangers are amazing. I would recommend this job to anyone. I learned many skills with this job such as team work. the hardest part as a monster is knowing people's personal space.
Good Company Could Use Improvements
F&B Supervisor (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONOctober 30, 2014
Pros: other people working there can make it a fun experience.
Cons: long hours and extra task that you may not be paid for.
Canada's Wonderland is a good company to work for, the people you work with make you want to come back the next season. However with the paying wage superiors do more then is in there job description at most times.
Fun summer job, not a career though
Games Salesperson (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONOctober 29, 2014
Pros: cheap merchandise, free admission
Cons: working outside rain or shine
Working games was overall enjoyable. You weren't really expected to be very mature considering the nature of the job and as such there were virtually no benefits other than free admission and tickets after working a certain amount of hours. Otherwise it was good for interpersonal skills and as long as you're not afraid of insects it a good job to have to earn extra money over the summer. The hours were amazing.
Endless entertainment with various rides and engaging activities for the whole family
Entertainment Coordinator (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONOctober 26, 2014
- acting in character to entertain paying customers
- following rules and regulations of the park is a must
- organizing with the team members to ensure best entertaining method
Fun place to work
Ride Operator (Former Employee), Maple, ONOctober 15, 2014
Pros: free pass to the park
Cons: long unpaid breaks, no cover from rain or heat
A typical day would be doing your paper work
cheeking the ride is operating right
letting guest on and of the ride
cleaning up the grounds
and much more

I learn that after working at wonderland you may not want to see the park for very long time after

I enjoy that the give us free entry into the park and ride night with our co-workers

at the end of the season the have a big party and let us know how we all did and what crew was the best through the second
Fun, but tiring.
Cashier (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONOctober 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: standing for a long period of time
Very busy, boss isn't so peachy.
Not worth the pay.
Machines are old, and break easily.
Co-workers are very kind and helpful.
I enjoyed the customers, they were all very kind as well.
Productive and very nice place to work
vaughn (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 3, 2014
Pros: free wonderland passes
Cons: ugly uniform
Very busy environment to work in. I learned how to complete transactions and also how to deal with many customers. The job was enjoyable because you are working with a lot of people and they are around my age.

1 2 3 4 5

About Canada's Wonderland

Canada's Wonderland is a 330-acre (130 ha) theme park located in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada, a suburb directly north of Toronto. – Read more