Canada's Wonderland Employee Reviews

Fun summer job, reliable
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, Canada19 January 2017
This job is very time-consuming, but a really good job if you're not doing anything else in the summer. A lot of hours (up to 60 hrs/week), and working outside all day in the heat. Very physically draining.
Great for leadership development
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON18 January 2017
thought of wonderland as steeping stone for greater things. Management could have been more understanding in regards to the weather because most of the job positions are outside.
Pros
great work atmosphere
Cons
lack of training
Bad
Sales Representative/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON16 January 2017
Terrible place to work, they under pay their staff. Give you lengthy hours and make you work in the sun, not allowed to take fountine drinks either.
Fun place to work a lot of variety day to day
Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 January 2017
Canada's Wonderland has a lot to offer. There is a lot of variety and no two days are the same. there is a lot of interaction with customers during the operating season and some downtime during the off season.
good atmosphere, very demanding on working hours
Benefits
Food Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 January 2017
The pros of working in wonderland are normal except you get to enter the park for free. After working 200 hrs you get 4 free entries to the park which doesn't seem fair. The employers should be paid more since they are dealing with a lot of people.
Pros
free entry
Cons
far from population
Fun Environment
Admissions Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 January 2017
The pay was good for students who wanted a summer job. They pride themselves on safety and courtesy. You will make friends easily and enjoy the perks that go along with the job.
Pros
Free admission
Canada's Wonderland Review
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON29 December 2016
Employee's going into Canada's Wonderland know that getting money, especially in foods, is going to be good. Aside from the money, the worked asked for you is quite ridiculous sometimes.
You often have to do the maintenance job and fix machines that are unsafe. The pay they are providing is not equivalent to the work begin done.
Pros
great friends are made, for student decent pay, good hours if you're favoured
Cons
disrespected and over worked
productive and fun working with customers
Rides Operator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON21 December 2016
It was an enjoyable experience as it taught me valuable lessons on how to operate rides and interact with costumers,
The only thing that was difficult was working long hours, but that didn't have a deep effect on me as I found ways of getting through my shifts by focusing and learning from my co-workers
Pros
Free access to Canada's Wonderland
Productive and helpful workplace
Food and Beverage Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 December 2016
- Typical day at work would be working the teller, or busing tables.
- I learned how to manage my time and work diligently
-Mu co-workers were very beneficial to my growth by showing me what to do and what not to do.
- The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers, but was still manageable.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers and i working as a team to keep customers satisfied every time they had come to our store.
Pros
Hours given
Cons
Hourly rate
Interesting Workplace
Rides Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON11 December 2016
Very interesting and long hours. You make a lot of friends with your coworkers. Fun workplace. But grueling hours and you have no time for a social life.
Fun workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 December 2016
I've already reviewed my position, as I've mentioned before it was a very great experience. The hours would sometimes tend to be long but the money was well worth it.
Fun environment
Marketing Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 December 2016
Fun environment to work in, never a dull moment. Office is always buzzing with activities.
Got to try out the new rides with co-workers and meet celebrities.
Pros
Free passes to the park
Cons
worked on weekends
Lots of work and great people
Food Associate (Former Employee) –  Market place Buffet5 December 2016
Very great opportunities for a first time job. Learnt alone from great service to fast pace pressure. Extremely long hours and day shift that can be overwhelming but nontheless great workplace.
Busy
Unit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Maple, ON2 December 2016
It's a theme, park, so all wage jobs are seasonal and all salary jobs are year-round. Your job is what you make it: if you want to advance, you work to do so.
A good summer job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON2 December 2016
Wonderland is a good place to work if you need a summer job, but honestly anything longer than that and it becomes very taxing. It is fairly out of the way and difficult to get to if you do not live north of the city.
Pros
hour for lunch
Cons
out of the way
Very good summer job!
Food Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Snoopy's Suppertime26 November 2016
Canada's Wonderland is a great place for teens to work over the summer. I worked a lot of hours during the summer, making a gracious amount of money. The other staff throughout the park are very kind, but unfortunately a lot of guests are rude and really put a dent on my day. Other than that, I recommend Canada's Wonderland looking to make a good amount of cash throughout the summer.
Pros
Staff discount on food and merchandise, and staff barbeques.
Cons
Long travel, rude guests
Fun workplace, great experience
Characte/Cohort (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON24 November 2016
I was able to interact with customers giving them directions, information, and suggesting things to purchase. Was a very friendly work environment where my supervisors maintained a professional relationship with us. Got along well with all my co-workers.
Pros
Free admission into Ontario attractions
Good place to work for a first time employees
Maze Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON24 November 2016
It was a good place to work, the atmosphere was fun and new friendships were formed with other employees.
The job was relatively straight-forward and the training was fairly easy.
The relationship between management and employees was respectful and easy to communicate between.
Fun and organized environment.
Games Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON22 November 2016
Personally I enjoyed working at Canada's Wonderland as a games associate. The environment was very upbeat and welcoming. I met a lot of people who worked with me that I had a lot in common with who made a day at work bearable. I enjoy interacting with all of the guests in the park and even my supervisors and team leads were wonderful people to work with. Working as a games associate helped to improve my communication skills. The hardest part of the job was keeping a positive attitude while working in the heat. I also struggled with the commute as it took 2+ hours to get to work or home. I spent a lot of my paycheck on simply transit fare to get to and from work. Overall I loved the job and the comfortable environment. I was faced with new challenges everyday and discovered more and more about myself the longer I worked with them.
Pros
Free admission to the park, discounts on food and gift shop merchandise.
Cons
Long hours, working in the heat.
very fun place to work at
1 Canada's Wonderland Drive - Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2016
i worked at Canada's wonderland for a few months and it was great met a lot of people and and gained a lot of experience as it being my first job. everyday was a new experience in terms of being a food sales associate.