Canada's Wonderland Employee Reviews

Unfair, not enough money for amount of work
Rides Operator (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON15 October 2017
Typical day at work would be from 9am-10pm. Super long days, management over rid policies. Treated like a piece of garbage. ONly plus about working here is benefits, you get in for free at CN Tower, Ripleys, Niagra,, ect. Other than that, not the best environment, no room for improvement.
Pros
free cn tower, ripleys, niagara, wonderland.
Cons
everything else
Fun people, hard work
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON15 October 2017
I loved being a lifeguard at Splash because of all the people I met, but the management was terrible and the hours were crazy. I barely had a day off a week and i have no time for my social life.
Pros
good people, sometimes free foos
Cons
long hours, bad management
productive and fun persuading customers
Games Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON14 October 2017
A typical day at work consisted of me advertising games to the people in the park, I'd go on the microphone the majority of the time and successfully persuade costumers to play my game. I learned how to better work as a team and as well as working individually, I also learned how to properly manage the cashier. The hardest part was working for many hours in the cold outside, the most enjoyable part of the job was persuading the customers to actually play the games, it was fun interacting with customers and meeting new people.
Pros
discount on lunch
Cons
disrespectful security
Productive day at the workplace
Maze Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 October 2017
It was overall very enjoyable. Sometimes i would have to make sure i did not get assaulted by very rude customers. I found it diificult due to the fact that i would stand in one corner for about 5 hours straight.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON5 October 2017
The workplace culture was free flowing, I like how everyone was accepted and the needs of the workers were met. There was no job/life balance they were normally back to back shifts
fun summer work place
Ride Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON2 October 2017
amazing work place with positive people. testing rides in the morning to ensure they are running properly before the park opens. once guests are arriving we have to ensure the saftey of all our guest weather they are on the rides or not. checking all saftey restrants to make sure guest are well secured on the rides and to ensure the guest have a great time.
Pros
free entry on days off
Cons
really hot days and rude guest
Great Place to Work At
Aquatics Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 October 2017
Employers are very nice and you get to make a lot of new friends. You will have a great time there if you decide to get a job there. There are great personalities there also.
Too many hours in the sun
Leviathan Operator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON26 September 2017
For the amount of work expected it does not pay enough and you are spending 12 hours in the sun. Uniform is also quite thick. Management were always very nice though.
Fun place
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2017
assist with the ride operator, being patient, accommodating and friendly. met a lot of people and staff, great starter place to work, the hardest is keeping with the schedule, enjoy the ride and people
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate, Team Lead, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  laugh19 September 2017
Canada's Wonderland was my first job. Working as a games associate for one year I was quickly promoted to team lead then supervisor all within two years. As a supervisor, I was responsible for up to, or more than $20,000 cash daily. I also oversaw 20-30 employees, running breaks and creating schedules for my staff members weekly. I learned how to run an entire area on my own, deal with irate customers and manage my time wisely all while maintaining a high level of customer service.With the help of management I was able to succeed as a supervisor and train new supervisors for three consecutive years. Working at one of Canada's highest tourist attractions it got very busy very fast and that taught me how to work in fast paced environments and maximize my time as best as I could. Working at an amusement park I always met fun, positive people from different countries and that was always my favourite part.
Pros
Very positive atmosphere
Cons
12 hour days
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON17 September 2017
A typical day at work is greeting guests in a welcoming and friendly manner. I learned how to solve any problems that guests were having in a calm manner.
Job can be really tiring
RIDE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2017
Go for jobs that keep you out of sun. Get a good suncreen and be ready for chilling temperatures and join in the starting of season to better understand your crew and not feeling left out.
Pros
Reciprocal for free CN tower and all
Cons
Dead you
Great Management and hours
Account Receivable assistant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON13 September 2017
The management there was great and it's an amazing way to start your career in the accounting department, the hours are perfect and everyone is very clear on what tasks need to be done.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Poor wage
Worked at a very difficult unit
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON9 September 2017
A typical day at work is going to the kitchen and start cooking
I have learned to deal with guests and customers with care even when they are upset
The management is super! they demonstrate and practice good work habits
Canada's Wonderland's culture is to greet customers/guests with a smile and whenever they say thank you we reply with my pleasure
The hardest part of the job is mass production; cooking up a LARGE amount of food for a LARGE amount of people
Most enjoyable part is the team work; what ever you do there's always someone to help
Pros
Cheap lunches
Cons
Overnight stays
lunch breaks were dgreat
Maze attendant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON8 September 2017
very fast paced environment, got along with the other employees. Might deal with some rowdy customers ,from what i remembered free coffee in the break areas.
it was alright
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 September 2017
Hours were good
they cut our hours on time and a time which is super unfair
it was pretty far, long travel
bus far in vaughan is also expensive but ya
Wonderland is wonderful
Food Service & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON4 September 2017
I have worked here it's always packed and busy especially during summer it is always crowdy. we needed an extra employee to work and handle the business.
Can't Complain
Merchandise Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON3 September 2017
What can be bad about working at a theme park? Not a whole lot! Good pay, great hours, and an awesome staff all working together to provide a great amusement park experience.
productive
FOOD & BEVERAGE SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON28 August 2017
everyone is working extremely hard in order to maintain customer demands. The supervisory team is very friendly and tries to accommodate as much as possible.
Pros
hours
Cons
work load
Good summer job
Seasonal Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON25 August 2017
Canada's Wonderland is a great place to work if you're simply looking for a summer job. Unless you're the type of person to jump without question, advancement within the company is highly unlikely. Ride groups are a tight knit environment of staff who become family throughout the season.