Canada's Wonderland Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not a fun place to work, people very anti social, told not to talk to one another while working, 11$ an hour to be in the hot sun lifting heavy stuff
Park Service (Current Employee), Splash worksJune 22, 2015
Pros: Discounted food and admission to the park on off time for free.
Cons: Hot weather, low flexibility, management makes you feel terrible, low pay for hard work.
Im sure the rest of wonderland is fun to work at but park service is not one of them. The management expects to much and discourages social interaction making each day a dread. I have never felt so bad about going to work other than when i worked here. Getting paid low wages for work that you should get more for. You are in constant 25+ weather. On the little up sides you do have water fountains, free admission into the park and can buy food at discounted prices( only while working). Work schedule were very limited in flexibility and if you asked to have a change in wok because its to exhausting for you the managers/supervisor will come back with "well i work 11 hour days 5 days a week" well i'm not you sorry...
Friendly environment filled with joy
Call centre staff / Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJune 21, 2015
- A typical day at work would be lovely, enjoying the weather and also watching children have fun is a very joyful experience
- Co-workers were very friendly , everyone bought in to make sure we would reach our goals set by our management.
-the hardest part of the job was watching everyone have so much fun on the rides and i would not be allowed to participate
- I've learned that if you and all your team members work together the job is so much easier.
Long hours, Unexpected early sign outs, great for first time workers.
Busser and Cashier (Seasonal) (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONJune 17, 2015
Pros: Getting the hours you want.
Cons: You can get sent home early often.
A typical day would be to come into work, bus about 90 tables, serve food to customers, make sure all questions are answered, and then probably get sent home because it is either raining or there ae too many workers there that day.
Very fun to work here
Assistant Merchandising Supervisor (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJune 10, 2015
Pros: NA
Cons: NA
A young person looking for a summer job. This is a good place for you. Being at the park is fun. Listening to the rides and everything is great. Customers can be very aggressive at times and demand the world. from you. Seasonal management is usually great but full time management can be rude and expect you as a teenage to go over the top for them.
fun work place, amazing people.
Games Sale Associate (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJune 6, 2015
Pros: discounted food, free entry, free tickets, and discounted prizes.
Cons: standing in the heat, low wages, and long hours or extremely short hours.
As soon as I would get to work I would be extremely happy. Just the environment itself is incredible. You would typically start at one game and get moved around through out the day, or you would be asked to watch multiple games. This was great at teaching me how to multitask, and become more responsible. A majority of the customers were always fantastic, and amazing to converse with. The management staff would sometimes make things difficult by making you do way to many things at once, or would not understand how hot it was outside. The co-workers were fantastic, I have met people I plan to talk to for the rest of my life. It was really the customers and co-workers who made working at Canada's Wonderland amazing. The hardest part about the job was being prepared for the weather. Sometimes I would have a twelve hour shift in the boiling sun, and there is hardly any shade at the games. Other times during Halloween Haunt it would get freezing at night and you just could not wear enough layers to stay warm. The most enjoyable part of my job was giving people a prize, especially children. Sometimes after I gave a child a prize they would be so happy they would hug me, and that was definitely the best part.
Amusement & Recreation Attendant (Former Employee), Maple, ONJune 5, 2015
I do not really remember all of my duties while working at Canada's Wonderland. However, I do remember working in the various theatres in Wonderland and having to entertain and keep the audience engaged and excited for the show. We also would inform guests of new and upcoming shows. We would have to supervise children and the audience to make sure no one would jump or run on stage. I enjoyed working at Wonderland. The only downfall would be cancelling shows due to extreme weather conditions (rain and extreme heat).

I learned how to be more patient and understanding to other people's needs. I would recommend Canada's Wonderland as a starting job to gain customer service experience.
Wonderful experience with an exceptional team
Maze Supervisor/Attendant (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMay 31, 2015
Pros: Friendly Atmosphere/Staff, Interesting Experience, and Good Pay
Cons: Late hours, Cold, and Short Work Period/Term
Canada's Wonderland was a fun experience. I made many new wonderful friends and contacts and also learned how to deal with unhappy, scared, worried, or unsatisfied customers. Not only did I have the pleasure of getting to know my co workers, I also got to work in a fun and entertaining environment with them. At times, work did become a little stressful if someone was hurt or unhappy or scared, but with a positive attitude and enthusiasm to help others, everything managed to work out in the end. The hardest part of the job was probably the late hours which were often cold since I was outside. Finding a ride home was also not easy (buses didnt run after 12 am), but it was manageable. I can't really say there was any part I did not enjoy, and I really had wished that my work term was longer.
Fun but really busy place to work at
Merchandise (Former Employee), vaughan ,ontarioMay 31, 2015
Pros: free tickets to the park
Cons: low staff, undertrain staff and really busy job
Great job for new students looking for part time work and or have no experience at all

- work on cash register
- clean store by organizing merchandise and cleaning up the floor and cash wrap
- promote sales by engaging with guest
- work on problem solving skills when encountering issues with guest
nice place
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMay 28, 2015
the weather made working at canada's wonderland very annoying, management was pretty good. They really focused on customer service which was very nice.
Productive and fun place to work at
Cash Control Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 25, 2015
Excellent time management and money management skills learnt working at a fun place like Canada's wonderland. Senior management was very understanding and helpful.
fun but managemet is horrible
Team Lead (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMay 16, 2015
fun, can be fast paced
learned to work as part of a team
co-workers were very cool
hardest part was completing work in the hot sun
co-workers made the job enjoyable
Productive work place
Ride Attendant (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMay 12, 2015
As a ride attendant, my duties were to ensure the safety of customers and interact as they enjoy their day. The hardest part of the job was to ensure rules and regulations of the ride to customers to guarantee their safety, sometimes customers would break the rules and at times go as far as becoming a bit harsh with their behavior.
Working at Wonderland
Part Time Seasonal Sales Associate and Usher (Current Employee), AdmissionsMay 11, 2015
Pros: free admission
Cons: sometimes shifts get cut without prior notice
I am just speaking on my behalf, but working at Wonderland was not all I thought it was to be, but it was also a great learning curve and way to build confidence, patience and communication skills.
Hard work, fun work, hard to work with staff.
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 6, 2015
The staff at Canada's Wonderland are as expected, all very young. This makes them a little bit harder to work with. However, the job itself is quite fun, and engaging.
assist riders
Ride operator (Former Employee), vaughanMay 1, 2015
operate the rides
clean section
greet customers
buckle them in riders and do safety check
worked in the funnel cake shop
baked
chasier at novelty shop
Fun workplace
ride attendant (Former Employee), maple, ontarioApril 28, 2015
A typical day at work is fun and enjoyable, we star by test riding the rides followed by cleaning the ride before guests arrive.
Disrespecful and depressing work environment
Creative Team Member (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 24, 2015
Pros: Work outside, free apples once in a while, free admission to the park, preview of all the haunted attractions the night before opening
Cons: Bad management, disrespectful atmosphere, negativity all the time
None of the management knew how to communicate with each other - it was a giant game of "pass the buck" the entire time. I worked in the Halloween Haunt department, and although the title of my job was "creative team member", there was nothing creative about it. The bosses would listen to your suggestions, immediately reject them because of some small problem that would be very simple to solve, then weeks later put the idea into action under the guise of it being their original thought.
The hours were fine, but the pay was far too low and no one ever got a raise. I have a few friends who worked there for over four years without seeing a pay increase. We got no benefits, and there was either absolutely no work to keep us busy or way too much because management didn't know how to properly delegate or schedule anything.
Bottom line, don't work there. It's awful.
Canada's Wonderland
Seasonal Employee, Games salesman (Part-Time) (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 7, 2015
Pros: Many hours, great work environment and
Cons: Heat stress
It was an excellent experience. I learned to excel at cash handling, communicate with enthusiasm and provide guests with a world class experience. The hardest part of my job was working in the sun for many hours. The most enjoyable part of my job was to see the guests smile.
Fun work place with free ride
Guest Services / Safety & Loss Prevention (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONMarch 30, 2015
Pros: discount food
Its a great place to work, where you can gain experience and knowledge with working with good co-worker who are good team player.
Consistent hours and great co-workers
Rides Attendant (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Entertaining work
Cons: Bad shift scheduling
Wonderland is a great job for any one who wants sufficient experience in the service industry. The park is always busy so you are never bored and majority of the workers there are spontaneous, so the experience is fun.

1 2 3 4 5

About Canada's Wonderland

Canada's Wonderland is a 330-acre (130 ha) theme park located in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada, a suburb directly north of Toronto. – Read more