Canada's Wonderland

Canada's Wonderland Employee Reviews

Working with other "monsters" is fun
Cast member- Entertainment Halloween Haunt (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2017
hardest part of working haunt was working nights and going to school the next Monday. The most enjoyable part was working with the other monsters to scare the guests
A Good Experience
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 March 2017
Canada's Wonderland was a good experience in terms of working with a team. However, the hours were long and with minimal days off. The overall pay was amazing but one summer with the park was enough.
Excellent Customer Service Experience
Park Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON9 March 2017
Working at Canada's Wonderland has taught me a lot about customer/guest service and it is a great first job for anyone.
The skills I've gained from working here has helped me in many other jobs I have gotten afterwards.

Specifically working in Park Services has taught me more than any other department would have. As a Park Services associate, you work alongside guests all shift while interacting with them and also keeping the park tidy. The shifts can go by quickly as you're always on the move looking for trash anyone has left behind.

The only problem I have is that the pay is NOT enough for what Park Services associates do. Park Services is one of the most important and hardworking departments of Canada's Wonderland and it should be acknowledged with a better salary. We deal with guests continuously and oversee the park's health and safety. Not only do we keep the park clean for the guests, but we also clean for all of the other departments within the park. We interact with different departments such as Rides, Foods, Merchandise, etc. and we continuously help out everyone. The amount of effort and work that we do every single day should not be compensated with minimum wage.
Pros
great teamwork, customer service skills, enjoyable staff
Cons
park services needs more acknowledgement
hated it
Food and Beverage associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 March 2017
Really annoying they want you to change your hair color if they dont like it no percings you meet alot of people and get in for free and make quick easy money
it was ok
Admissions Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2017
pay isnt bad but if youre be outdoors all day it gets a little hot
gives good hours
management could be better, but you make good friends
the employee food discount is great and theyre very flexible with scheduling
good job for students
Fun in the sun
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON4 March 2017
Wonderful place to work. I experienced many beneficial work experiences as well as developing my portfolio further. I recommend Canada's wonderland for its helpful and friendly environment.
great place to excel and gain skills
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 March 2017
Provide training for new employees, delegating tasks, ensuring staff maintains safe/clean environment, communicate clear instructions to team members, manage the flow of day-to-day operations, paperwork (inventory, cash paperwork, labour sheets)
Pros
weak management
Pros and Cons of Wonderland
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 March 2017
It was okay, it had its busy days which I liked because it kept me occupied and the slow days I disliked because you're just there counting down hours. I learned how to communicate with various types of people and consistently showing customer satisfaction. My co-workers were all pretty cool we all got along well the hardest part of the job was dealing with the weather because wonderland means summer and the heat were outrageous some days. The most enjoyable part was meeting new customers every day and having an awesome team of people to work with.

Although I learned a lot from working at Canada's Wonderland, there are many cons along with pros. The Management can be unfair... for example, they would hire people as team leads who haven't worked for Canada's Wonderland for enough time. They didn't motivate their workers to word harder. My supervisor and area manager had favourites.

Overall, it's a great to place to work at as a summer job or as a first job.
Pros
Discount on merchandise, Long hours
Cons
Favoritism, Unfairness, Heat, Salary
fun workplace
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON3 March 2017
i really enjoyed working at Canada's wonderland. the workplace was fun and enjoyable and the management is always making sure that the staff is hydrated and comfortable in the workplace.
Very fun place to work.
Merchandise Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 March 2017
The overall workplace is a wonderful place to work and agreat place to start as your first job. Stable hours and a great place for people looking for a fast paced environment where theycan move up in the company.
Good first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON2 March 2017
I worked here when I was 16, it was my first job, it is a good summer job and first job overall. I got to work with people in my age range and older, the hardest part was the standing.
Productive and Fast Paced Environment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON27 February 2017
Typical day at work would start with signing in, showing up for roll call, filling in our notebooks, and grabbing a headset.
Exciting work environment
Rides Operator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON25 February 2017
Exiting people to work with. Fast paced environment to learn new things every day, and motivating challenges to constantly gain more experience dealing with guests.
Pros
cheap lunch
Cons
very hot
A typical day at work
Food and Beverage Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 February 2017
Working at Canada's Wonderland was truly an exciting experience. As it was my first job, I was excited everyday to head into work and still have that mentality. As I clock in, I was usually told to open one of our stands or restaurant as my manager believed I was very much capable of doing so on my own. It was usually a very fast paced environment but I was quick to adjust. When it was closing time, my manager also trusted me to close stands/restaurants on my own as I did it in a fast, efficient manner.
Pros
Meeting new people
Fun and Safe Place to Work
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 February 2017
Had an amazing time working here. The work environment is amazing. All the management and staff are very friendly. The training here is very thorough, safety is a big part of training and the training is constantly worked on. All that aside, the conditions are not always the best, it is outdoor in the sun a lot of the time.
Pros
friendly staff, good training
Cons
outdoor work, long hours on your feet
Good as a first job
Rides Operator (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON30 January 2017
They don't require work experience to be hired which makes it a good first job. However work hours are long, they work you like a dog out in the sun with little regard to your overall health. Ride operator provides a good work group, however difficult to move up in terms of management. All employees have a standard rate of pay, supervisors only make a few more cents than minimum wage. The amount of work you're doing definitely deserves higher than minimum wage.
worst place
Food and Beverage Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON26 January 2017
supervisors don't care about employees, customers are rude, no training, always asked to work overtime, no proper break regulation,
other employees are great but the job itself is so bad
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
mostly fun
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  action zone24 January 2017
the hours were very long but it is worth it when you think about the fact that its a pretty easy job. Great for beginners and seasonal work seekers.
Canada's Wonderland
Ride Attendant and Operator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON21 January 2017
It is a fun place to work but the weather conditions can be quite harsh and make it hard to get through the work day. As an employer Cedar Fair is great, they work around your schedule, pay attention to your personal needs, and provide opportunities for advancement in the company.
Fun summer job, reliable
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, Canada19 January 2017
This job is very time-consuming, but a really good job if you're not doing anything else in the summer. A lot of hours (up to 60 hrs/week), and working outside all day in the heat. Very physically draining.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada's Wonderland. Our community is ready to answer.

Canada's Wonderland Reviews by Location