Canada's Wonderland Employee Reviews

Workable
Cashier and Food Assoiciate (Former Employee) –  Vuaghn25 June 2017
It wasn't horrible for a first job but management needs improvement as well as they need to train staff better so there isn't many mishaps while working.
Cons
Bad Management
Fun Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON21 June 2017
Fun place to work. Learned that in order to complete the job correctly and to have the most fun you need to work as a team. At Wonderland there are many different jobs but you need to remember that no job is too small.That all jobs are of equal value.
Pros
Never a dull moment
Cons
Heat
Food Warehouse
Food & Beverage Warehouse Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON20 June 2017
a typical day at work in the food warehouse was always having to get orders ready for every store across the park. Getting trucks loaded and ready to deliver to all the stores throughout the day, and always getting more orders multiple times a day.
Neat place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON18 June 2017
cool place to work, nice benifits with a free pass and a good discount on merchandise (making everything normal priced)
management was poor as supervisors would come around to each employee once every 4 hours, therefore if there was an issue with anything you would have to wait for a higher up employee to walk across the park to help you
Pros
fun place
Cons
poor staff
Worked here 3 years
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON16 June 2017
Worked here for 3 years before I left, and I still miss it 4 years later. One of the best places to work if you're a teenager looking for job experience. Management is pretty much 20 year olds, but they know what they're doing most of the time. Workplace culture is very friendly and there is ways to move up in the company no doubt. Hardest part was working on days 35 degrees in a steaming hot restaurant for hours on end. The most enjoyable part was spending time with co-workers during our breaks and out of work. Assume if it rains and you're new they are going to call you off work.
Pros
Employee Cafeteria, Decent hours, Fun co-workers
Cons
Long hours in the heat without breaks sometimes over legal limit, Low Pay, Management can be poor in certain areas.
it was a very busy workplace, really hot weather and hard working conditions
Games Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON16 June 2017
it was empty on the beginning of the day or on bad weather and super busy at some points, sometimes you got lots of angry costumers and you had to do your best to make them enjoy their day,
and i worked in snoopy land so i had a to interact with children and change the game to make it funner for them, it was hard in the summer since you had to stand in the the sun in full uniform for sometimes even hours, I had to handle money really well and give back the correct change really quickly since there was a lot of costumers waiting for me
Pros
free access to the park and discounts on foods, plus free tickets every two months
Cons
hot weather, a lot of physical action and low pay
Fun Workplace
Guest Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON14 June 2017
Canada's Wonderland is a great place for young people looking to garner skills to join the workforce. They offer training on skills that prove valuable far beyond Wonderland.
park services
Park Services (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON14 June 2017
- manage tasks based on importance
-provide guest service and directions
- handle waste and maintain park cleanliness and walkways
- typical park service work when working at canada's wonderland such as knowing times for shows, events, birthdays and rides/ attractions.
Pros
lots of hours, fun atmosphere, great coworkers
Cons
outdoors
fun, made a lot of friends
Games Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON14 June 2017
worked at different games everyday
met a lot of good/bad customers alike
got free access to the park on my off days
discounts on food
worked in the heat/sun
Summer Job
Ride Operator and Attendant (Former Employee) –  Action Theatre13 June 2017
Would sign in and work at The Action Theater were Spongebob used to play every 15 minutes. Would assure that seat belts were buckled in safely and guests enjoyed the show.
Pros
Summer job
Cons
Fun Times
It's good work
Rides Operator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON11 June 2017
You get a free seasons pass with employment, most of the co workers are nice, the problems come from guests who are rowdy and just downright mean, but management itself is very good.
Terrible place to work
Candy Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON10 June 2017
If the manger doesn't like you for some reason, they'll just be out to get you. I got fired for absolutely no reason, the manger just didn't like me. Do not work here it's like a prison, they expect you to go and help people like wt* it's a candy store not everyone wants your help. And if you don't go chat up a customer ya get fired. DO NOT WORK HERE
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
Long a** hours and they treat you like slaves
Full Time Position for the Summer
Aquatic Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 June 2017
Lots of chances for advancement. The work load is not worth the pay. Learned a lot through trial and error. A good work experience is depended on the attitudes of your fellow workers.
Pros
Nice to put down supervisor on resume.
Cons
Long hours, stressful.
Great way to make extra cash over the summer
Full-time Production Staff (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON6 June 2017
A typical busy day, the first half of the day is spent grilling burger patties, frying froze chicken, boiling hotdogs and mixing salads together. The second half of the day is spent cleaning up and preparing for tomorrow's service. I learnt how a to manage a team of line cooks and service staffs in order to complete the task at hand. Everybody at the workplace was very friendly. During downtime, co-workers didn't have issues socializing. The hardest part of my job is grilling patties as the grill is very hot and we are expected to grill large amounts in short time frames. The most enjoyable part of the job would be making new connections with your co-workers and other staffs. In my personal opinion, knowing that my co-workers would make the working environment a welcoming place to work at is one of the large factors why I returned
Pros
Long Hours (Great paycheck)
Cons
Cannot guarantee 40 hours every week
Fun but unchangeable hours
Games Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 June 2017
I loved working at Canada's Wonderland. The supervisors were nice but stern when needed you to be serious. It was a very adaptable job and you get used to certain tasks you have to do such as, running the game and certain sale pitches you say. A difficulty I had with the job was times where I wanted to change my shifts. My only transportation to and from Wonderland was the bus. Since I live in Markham certain buses I needed to take would stop running. When asking to change my hours they proceeded to tell me that I was not allowed to change my hours and any hours they gave me I had to work them which was very stressful.
Pros
Fun, fast paced, adaptable
Cons
Late Shifts
Cold
Part-Time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON30 May 2017
Horrible management. Managers have their favourites and will give you bad tasks if you aren't one of them. Completely biased. Horrible when weather is bad.
Boring work with plenty of nepotism
Amusement Park Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON29 May 2017
- given that you were only paid minimum wage there was a lot of training and expectations put on you by management
- the work itself is uninteresting
- management had little concern over its employees and were very disposable (frequent firings, and hirings throughout the season)
- advancement and promotions had mostly to do with who you knew, rather than how well you worked
- the perks were nice though: free admission, free park tickets and discounted food
Pros
Free admission to park
Fun
Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON28 May 2017
The management was amazing. If i ever needed help with anything i could surely count on them to assist me. The staff was nice and employees received free entry to the park. Overall wonderful place to work
A fun filled environment to work in
Face painter and Henna artist (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON28 May 2017
I had a wonderful time working at Wonderland as the environment was fun and always busy. Interacting with young customers, especially children, and hearing about how they're enjoying their time at the park was always a pleasure.
Pros
Free entrance to the park and discounts on merchandise
Cons
Getting around the park was time consuming
good job for the summer
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON26 May 2017
Lots of hours keeps you busy in the summer. I learned about running you own unit and being a leader for people to looks at. I would get stressed out due to low on staff and not being able to keep up with whats going on. I loved meeting new people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada's Wonderland. Our community is ready to answer.

Canada's Wonderland Reviews by Location