Canada's Wonderland

Canada's Wonderland Employee Reviews

Good as a first job
Rides Operator (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON30 January 2017
They don't require work experience to be hired which makes it a good first job. However work hours are long, they work you like a dog out in the sun with little regard to your overall health. Ride operator provides a good work group, however difficult to move up in terms of management. All employees have a standard rate of pay, supervisors only make a few more cents than minimum wage. The amount of work you're doing definitely deserves higher than minimum wage.
Canada's Wonderland Review
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON29 December 2016
Employee's going into Canada's Wonderland know that getting money, especially in foods, is going to be good. Aside from the money, the worked asked for you is quite ridiculous sometimes.
You often have to do the maintenance job and fix machines that are unsafe. The pay they are providing is not equivalent to the work begin done.
Pros
great friends are made, for student decent pay, good hours if you're favoured
Cons
disrespected and over worked
Productive and helpful workplace
Food and Beverage Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 December 2016
- Typical day at work would be working the teller, or busing tables.
- I learned how to manage my time and work diligently
-Mu co-workers were very beneficial to my growth by showing me what to do and what not to do.
- The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers, but was still manageable.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers and i working as a team to keep customers satisfied every time they had come to our store.
Pros
Hours given
Cons
Hourly rate
Fun and Safe Place to Work
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 February 2017
Had an amazing time working here. The work environment is amazing. All the management and staff are very friendly. The training here is very thorough, safety is a big part of training and the training is constantly worked on. All that aside, the conditions are not always the best, it is outdoor in the sun a lot of the time.
Pros
friendly staff, good training
Cons
outdoor work, long hours on your feet
Very good summer job!
Food Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Snoopy's Suppertime26 November 2016
Canada's Wonderland is a great place for teens to work over the summer. I worked a lot of hours during the summer, making a gracious amount of money. The other staff throughout the park are very kind, but unfortunately a lot of guests are rude and really put a dent on my day. Other than that, I recommend Canada's Wonderland looking to make a good amount of cash throughout the summer.
Pros
Staff discount on food and merchandise, and staff barbeques.
Cons
Long travel, rude guests
productive and fun working with customers
Rides Operator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON21 December 2016
It was an enjoyable experience as it taught me valuable lessons on how to operate rides and interact with costumers,
The only thing that was difficult was working long hours, but that didn't have a deep effect on me as I found ways of getting through my shifts by focusing and learning from my co-workers
Pros
Free access to Canada's Wonderland
Cons
Fun workplace and a overall great experience.
Admissions Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 October 2016
Overall, Canada's Wonderland is a great and enjoyable workplace and comes with many employee benefits. You gain lots of customer service skills and experience and the friendly environment of co-workers makes you want to keep on coming back.
Pros
-get to meet a lot of great people, get a lot of hours, fun environment, free access to park, access to 100+ reciprocal attractions in Ontario, learn a lot of customer service skills and how to resolve issues in a timely and independent manner, get to see behind the scenes, great team leads, get treated with treats every now and then
Cons
-minimum wage
Fun workplace, great experience
Characte/Cohort (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON24 November 2016
I was able to interact with customers giving them directions, information, and suggesting things to purchase. Was a very friendly work environment where my supervisors maintained a professional relationship with us. Got along well with all my co-workers.
Pros
Free admission into Ontario attractions
Canada's Wonderland
Ride Attendant and Operator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON21 January 2017
It is a fun place to work but the weather conditions can be quite harsh and make it hard to get through the work day. As an employer Cedar Fair is great, they work around your schedule, pay attention to your personal needs, and provide opportunities for advancement in the company.
Good place to work for a first time employees
Maze Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON24 November 2016
It was a good place to work, the atmosphere was fun and new friendships were formed with other employees.
The job was relatively straight-forward and the training was fairly easy.
The relationship between management and employees was respectful and easy to communicate between.
Benefits
Food Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 January 2017
The pros of working in wonderland are normal except you get to enter the park for free. After working 200 hrs you get 4 free entries to the park which doesn't seem fair. The employers should be paid more since they are dealing with a lot of people.
Pros
free entry
Cons
far from population
Fun place to work a lot of variety day to day
Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 January 2017
Canada's Wonderland has a lot to offer. There is a lot of variety and no two days are the same. there is a lot of interaction with customers during the operating season and some downtime during the off season.
good atmosphere, very demanding on working hours
Great people, minimum wage.
Ride Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON8 September 2016
exactly what it says. An okay summer job for students or looking quick cash but no chance for advancement. Lots of dealing with people in the heat and whatnot so you also get experience in customer service. Group interview where you ask each other questions and they watch and score you but they hired all three people so they might hire everybody that passes the phone interview. Wouldn't go back again unless I absolutely needed a job.
Pros
the people you get to work with are great!
Cons
long hours standing, the weather
Fast paced work environment
Ride Operator (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 October 2016
Overall, working at Canada's Wonderland is subpar. The management is very finicky and the schedules are usually very confusing. The job only pays minimum wage, but the hours are very consistent. You have the option between working full time or part time during the summer, for people who have other obligations or are already working another job.
The people who i worked with were all enthusiastic and thrilled to work there.
Entertainer (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 November 2016
I would come to work to amazing personalities and people with quality. Not once did i feel like working there was a job but it rather felt like a day out with friends. Scaring people was fun but getting paid to do it is far better hehe.
Pros
hot chocolate
Fun and organized environment.
Games Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON22 November 2016
Personally I enjoyed working at Canada's Wonderland as a games associate. The environment was very upbeat and welcoming. I met a lot of people who worked with me that I had a lot in common with who made a day at work bearable. I enjoy interacting with all of the guests in the park and even my supervisors and team leads were wonderful people to work with. Working as a games associate helped to improve my communication skills. The hardest part of the job was keeping a positive attitude while working in the heat. I also struggled with the commute as it took 2+ hours to get to work or home. I spent a lot of my paycheck on simply transit fare to get to and from work. Overall I loved the job and the comfortable environment. I was faced with new challenges everyday and discovered more and more about myself the longer I worked with them.
Pros
Free admission to the park, discounts on food and gift shop merchandise.
Cons
Long hours, working in the heat.
Just a little about my experience!
Game Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON30 October 2016
It was a good job is you liked to talk and meet new people.
The job was a very good experience because i got to meet many new people as well the the team was a good one. Everyone cared for each other. I like the experience i had with the team.
Pros
Free Entry
Cons
Hot out side when working
hard, unfullfing work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON17 November 2016
under paying job for the amount of work, the typical day would start slow and then suddenly get busy, i learned that despite the horrible work conditions achieving a happy experience for the guest in overall important
Pros
Cons
unorganized managment
Fun environment, horrible management
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SK28 September 2016
Literally the area supervisors will see if they like you or not. If they don't like you then they will always be on you. One person barely did work but they liked them so this person got the promotion to team lead, like how is that possible. But it was a fun environment to work at as it was all mainly teenagers.
Great for leadership development
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON18 January 2017
thought of wonderland as steeping stone for greater things. Management could have been more understanding in regards to the weather because most of the job positions are outside.
Pros
great work atmosphere
Cons
lack of training

Canada's Wonderland Reviews by Location