Canada's Wonderland

Canada's Wonderland Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great People
Ride Attendant (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONFebruary 5, 2016
My typical day starts off with filling up the go kart gas tanks. Also doing test runs to make sure the machine is working well. Promptly around 9 AM, we open our gates to start collecting passengers!
Great environment to work in
Customer Service Worker (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJanuary 31, 2016
Pros: Great team workers and great work environment. Got a free pass to wonderland
Cons: Had to talk for long periods of time
Typical day involved me putting on my work clothes, preparing my booth and having change at hand to give to guests. This was a great place to work at
fun workplace
Games Associate (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJanuary 31, 2016
Pros: entertaining others
Cons: long hours
the most enjoyable part about being an employee at canadas wonderland is to watch the kids and adults have fun at the games station I am assigned to operate.
Very hard work
Park Services (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2016
Pros: Discounted food for lunch
Cons: Long hours
A typical day at work would be the same walking around cleaning up for park services. The management is very good, co workers are very nice people. Hardest part of the job was getting home. Most enjoyable part was talking to people.
a day being a games associate
Games Associate (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: good break time
Cons: standing for long peroids, transportation
when you come into the park , all the staff would go through employee entrance, then go into your area and sign in then relax for a bit then your supervisor would tell you to start opening up the booths and start filling up the games with prizes . then youd go back and get your money bag and depending on how many workers are there you would go to a certain game . most of the co-workers were fun , sometimes other co-workers from different areas would come and buy everyone food or drinks , but there was one co-worker I didn't get along with, she was just super annoying but I didn't have to work with her a lot :) , the hardest part is standing for the long periods of time and the enjoyable parts are when the kids show comes on and all the co workers start dancing and stuff to attract other kids, I mean sometimes its super boring and one day its a lot of fun
Canada's Wonderland Admissions
Admissions Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: Lots of hours, great co workers, Great benefits
Cons: Overwhelming, Very Busy
Received about 30-50 hours in summer during full time. Engaged with thousands of guests daily. Can get very overwhelming, however the young group of people share a lot of similarities with me and therefore enhanced my experience at the park.
Fun place to work with a very engaging environment
Rides Operator/Attendant/Team Lead (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Pros: Tons of discounts on a variety of tourism spots in Canada. Ex: Free visit to CN Tower
Cons: Working outdoors, sometimes in extreme heat.
Working at Wonderland is a great experience. You gain tons of experience in customer service when you interact with guests as they walk through the park and ride the rides. There are many opportunities for advancement.
Canadas wonderland
ride operator (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: everything
Cons: long hours but thats also a pro
People will say its a bad job but i worked there for a few months and i totally loved it. Fun people, good atmosphere and just a good way to earn good money and meet new people
Productive and fun working environment
Lifeguard & Lifesaving (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONDecember 24, 2015
Pros: Free food sometimes, meeting new people, the paycheque
Cons: long hours, climate
My typical day at work would be a 9am-8pm shift, consisting of 1-2 breaks depending on when I get to have my first break. It was a full-time season and outdoor job where I got to meet a lot and new people everyday.

I learned that you have to stay focused and be really attentive to do your job properly. I learned more communication and guest service skills as well as time management between work and social life.

My co-workers were really great people and wonderful to work with. They were co-operative and easy going and that just made it more exciting to look forward to going to work everyday.

The hardest part of the job would be having to deal with the climate whether its really hot and humid or rainy and cold. Also, dealing with the risks of the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be meeting new people and the after-work crew events.
Canada's Wonderland
Rides Operator (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONDecember 13, 2015
Pros: Great Experience
Cons: Far Away From Toronto
A typical day would be very busy with guests from all different demographics. I learned interacting with guests and making sure they had a great time. My coworkers were great and very cooperative. The hardest part was when guests got upset.
Fun people, lots of work
Ride Operator (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONDecember 12, 2015
Pros: Amazing friends
Cons: Hot days (in the mid summer)
I have worked at wonderland for two years now. A typical day there starts with doing safety checks on the ride and making sure it's 100% ready for guests to go on. You learn how to deal with VERY difficult customers to say the least. Since you are assigned to a ride group (a group of people you work with all season and 2-4 rides you work at consistently) you really learn how to get along with different personalities. The management is great, since they have been in your position in the past, they are very understanding. I love my co-workers, they are always great people to spend your whole summer with-- you become almost a family. The hardest part of the job is probably working in the hot summer sun for many hours and if you aren't physically active, it's a lot of rushing and running around. Overall, I love the exercise I get in the summer; you gain lots of muscle, lose unwanted fat, and often get at least 50,000 steps a day! The people you meet are what make wonderland worth while; some of the co-workers I've met are the best people I've ever had the pleasure of having in my life.
Busy Workplace
Foods & Beverages Associate (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONDecember 3, 2015
Pros: Reciprocal program
Cons: Long/Night shifts, bad balance of hours
As a food & beverage associate, I was in a catering unit so hours were more regular but at other units there would be night shifts as well. I enjoyed my unit and meeting great co-workers. Overall the job takes a lot of effort and is rewarding.
Simple, yet long work, but very rewarding
Line Cook for Thrill Burger restaurant (Former Employee), Thrill Burger RestuarantNovember 29, 2015
Pros: high paychecks with chance of advancement
Cons: long hours and staff turn-over
The jobs are largely simplistic but time intensive. The work environment is welcoming and there are many learning opportunities for inexperienced workers to improve. Also, the long hours ensure big paychecks and there is always work available.
positive and fun workplace
Merchandise Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 26, 2015
Pros: friendly and fast paced work environment
Cons: long hours in the summer, unpaid breaks
Great, fast paced work environment with plenty of hours a day to work. Supervisors and co workers are friendly and hard working
Tons of work, very little pay
Associate (Former Employee), 9580 Jane StreetNovember 24, 2015
Pros: Lunches are at a discount
Cons: Hours are too long
Canada's Wonderland associate in the food & beverage department is not a very well job. There is a ton of work, small work space and the bare minimum wage pay with no benefits or salary increases. The supervisors are very strict with timing and with things that you do, schedule is rarely open for discussion, must fit their times no matter what (even if religious). Work area is disgusting, smells very bad in some locations and cleaning is not done very well. Supervisors sometimes do not allow associates to go on their 5 hour break, some go 6 or 7 hours without a break, writing on the transcript that they had their break earlier, stating to fix the tas (Phone sign in/out).
Fun and interactive workplace
sales (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONNovember 24, 2015
Cons: Outside with little shelter
A shift starts by signing and grabbing cash bags, then setting up the stand at which one is stationed at for the shift. Throughout the shift the artist is to attract guests to the product and provide exceptional artwork for guests.
Very fun workplace
Ticketing Sales (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONNovember 19, 2015
Pros: Great environment
Cons: Long commute
It was alot of fun working at this amusement park, the staff was very friendly and outgoing. They were all dedicated and committed to their work and got things done with pleasure. Always punctual and very welcoming to the spectators and visitors of the park and was always willing to go out of the way to help those in need.
A great first job
Merchandise Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONNovember 16, 2015
Pros: Cheaper food, fun environment
Cons: I wish there were more extra activities for the associates.
It is a great place to start. You learn many things and it can provide you with experience to get another job. This job doesn't require any previous experience so it's a great beginning.
Good summer job, wouldn't work there again...
Airbrush Tattoo Artist (Former Employee), Canada's Wonderland, ONNovember 3, 2015
Pros: Working at an amusement park
Cons: Rude co-workers, bad management, no hours
I worked there for a very short period of time.
I worked part-time and was given hardly any hours on the days I had listed I would be available. I did not have a flexible scheduled because I was 15 and had school.
Great place to work at
Guest Coordinator (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONNovember 1, 2015
Cons: Working at night
Really enjoyed working for Wonderland during their Halloween Haunt in 2008. Great first job, the hours weren't great for someone depending on a job. 5pm - 1/2am. I would recommend Wonderland for anyone's first job