Canada's Wonderland

Canada's Wonderland Employee Reviews in Canada

Seting the WI-Fi system up
Windows Server Manager and Administration (Former Employee) –  Canada's Wonderland, ONJune 16, 2016
First step program 180+ Devices such a Access Point (indoor and outdoor) and Switches using Zonedirector .
Cabling and installing all dices on the best position increasing signal range .
Install Backup battery and switches in the rack.
Build and test cable terminals
It was so far my best project where i've learned a lot.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when they gave our new building to work on it (because that mean that you did a great job on your last building)
Pros
Salary was great, Great Co-workers, Location was amaizing
Cons
Work outside when we had cold weather.
Productive and fun environment
Ride Team Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 12, 2016
Canada's Wonderland has taught me many things in life, primarily how to be a leader and the person I am today. The management is absolutely understanding and helpful.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
Wage is not enough
Very Happy
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJune 9, 2016
it was such an experience working for wonderland, met new people and made guests very happy.highly reccomend other security to work here.
Job as a cashier at Canada's Wonderland
food, cashier (Former Employee) –  1 Canadas Wonderland Drive, Vaughan, ON L6A 1S6June 7, 2016
There were lots of friendly people whilst working at Canada's wonderland. The managers are thorough and productive, It was a friendly and welcoming experience.
Pros
good hours
Cons
tight schedules
Fun and Productive
Foods Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJune 1, 2016
Typically helped customers with multiple things. Addressing each question of the customer. Flexible hours and great environment. Memorable experience and management was exceptional.
fun place to work, great employees, bad pay
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maple, ONMay 28, 2016
People here are great to work with, management are a bit unprofessional (in terms of conversations they have around employees). Management equips you with tools to help you complete your job (employee manuals).

Pro: advancement (but you won't get paid a lot more)

Major Con: unrelated job duties for one position: for example, an HR assistant here would also do employee laundry for the culinary department, hand out pay stubs, cashier and inventory duties, mopping floors as well as cleaning windows/glass counter (very random)

Con#2: Your boss could be much younger than you (good luck with that)

Con#3: Bad pay: an HR assistant starts at 11:25, after a promotion you only get .25 cents more, the manager for this section makes $14/hr
Pros
Made good friends, opportunity for advancement
Cons
unrelated job duties, not the best start for HR assistant applicants
Fun work environment
Admissions Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONMay 20, 2016
Fun place to work at because of all the friendly people that you get to meet, whether they are employees or guests. Hours were reasonable, typically did not work too long without being given a break. Enjoyable to be working outside given the weather was nice.
Food and Beverage was NOT my cup of "Tea" here.
Cashier and Server Food and Beverage Team (Former Employee) –  Maple, ONMay 13, 2016
Though I learned many things during my employment, there were many things getting in my way of doing my job to the best of my capability.

My co-workers got annoyed with me constantly, and some barely did their job right. During my serving time at Manchu Wok, I got burnt when an employee filling in for someone who was absent, left the serving spoon beneath the heat lamp.

A client ordered that particular item and there was nothing I could use to grab the spoon, so without any other choice i grabbed the spoon with my bare hand and got burnt. My supervisor falsely accused me of lying though I had proof from Wonderland First Aid.
Pros
Free entrance to the Theme Park on days off.
Cons
Unprofessional Supervisors, Too Long of Hours
Fun but hard
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONMay 9, 2016
Working at Wonderland can be a great place to make friends but it can be tough. At times management may only care about the other higher ups but it's really a good place for people who never worked and only want to work in the summer.
Fun workplace
Food Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONMay 9, 2016
I learned how to deal with customer clientele, and work at a really fast paced environment. Polished up on customer service skills.
Great place for high school kids needing job.
Games Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONMay 8, 2016
Canada's Wonderland is not the most terrible place to work at but in no means is is a good place. As a Games Associate you are going to have to stand in the burning heat, with no shade, or the freezing cold, with the wind coming over the magical mountain, and suck it up. You are going to have to deal with some of the worst customers who think that you are dirt on their shoe or that you make commission and you just want to drain their wallet when you really could care less because you are making minimum wage. If you are in college your supervisors are going to be the same age or younger and you will be surrounded by high schools kids.
That being said you are going to meet some of the coolest people and make great connections with your co workers. You get to be the reason that a kids day is just that much better. Not to mention you can go to the park whenever you would like and the job has great hours.
I would never go back as a college student but if I was a high school student it would be the best job.
Pros
Get to go to the park for free, get 4 free tickets, good hours
Cons
Have to stand in blistering heat, you will lose your voice, they call you to come in all the time
Long hours and very demanding
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 7, 2016
A typical day as a lifeguard at Canada's Wonderland involved supervising and monitoring the safety of customers at the water park attractions for many hours at a time.
ok job
Rides Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONMay 6, 2016
it was a ok job. the staff there is not really the best to work with. they are not flexible with their schedules and they never provided a full lunch time.
Fun place to work and make friends
admissions associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONApril 30, 2016
Wonderland was a great place to work, great hours easy commute, and met a lot of great people. Often was asked to work overtime, shifts were also often cut on "slow days".
Pros
Discount lunches
Cons
long hours, had to work in all weather conditions
First Job
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONApril 28, 2016
It was a simple first job producing pizza. It was fun at times and was a fast passed environment mostly because we were providing a product ( food).
Pros
You can get some free passes for friends.
Cons
Hours can be long and can continue after major bus services and bus lines nearby stop servicing.
A good place to make friends, and gain a first-time work experience.
Food/Beverage Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 25, 2016
Met some really great people. Work can be really exhausting and tiring. Area supervisors are really strict, uniform is not comfortable at all. It can get really hectic, especially during the day, and customers lack patience cause of the heat. Overall, it's an okay experience.
Pros
Free entry into the park and employee discount.
Cons
Long hours, very strict rules and regulations.
Positive environment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONApril 25, 2016
In Canada's Wonderland I learned a lot of different skills. I was able to communicate better with people and learned a lot of leadership skills.
Pros
Everyone is around the same age
Cons
Night shifts that end at 12:00 am
Great first job
Admissions Associate (Former Employee) –  Maple, ONApril 24, 2016
A typical day at Canada's Wonderland could consist of anything from working in a parking toll booth to letting guests in the front gate. It could be either selling tickets or precessing seasons passes. At Canada's Wonderland I learned how to manage money in relatively large quantities and consistently balanced my till. Th hardest part of the job was to deal with the many unpleasant costumers.
Ride Operator
Ride operator/assistant at Ghoster Coaster ! (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONApril 20, 2016
Working at Canada's Wonderland was a great experience. I gained many useful skills and met many great people, including my co-workers and guest. Also had great hours for students.
productive and enjoyable work assignments
Haunted House Maze Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONApril 17, 2016
working at Wonderland meant working around people of many responsibilities that encouraged a team effort to maintain a successful day on the job. The job of a maze attendant along with many others were seasonal during the month of Halloween. People in the particular maze where assigned a job that ensured the proper functioning of the maze due to all members who contributed.
working in an environment that directly targeted thrill for the enjoyment of the customers made the job very exciting because of the enthusiasm that went into the job which in-turn made for a friendly co worker experience.
Pros
weekly awarding of the best maze attendant of the night, a friendly and learning environment for people with no job experience
Cons
no opportunity for mobilization for a higher position, mainly because the job was seasonal