Canada's Wonderland

Canada's Wonderland Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It's a fun job; at the same time, it's a hard job
Entertainment Character (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONAugust 20, 2014
Pros: free rides
Cons: weather condition
Being an Entertainment Character you have to withstand the weather conditions.
It require a lot of energy since the work time is similar to an office hour.
Good theme park experience
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONAugust 4, 2014
A good tutor for dealing with large crowds, irate customers(who are generally tired). Frequently used a Point of Sales system, and got a nice tan.
fun work enviornment with alot of workplace activities
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Vaughan ONJuly 21, 2014
Pros: deals on lunch
Cons: constant evaluation and training
while working at Canadas Wonderland i noticed a big effort in activities designed to create a closer relationship with co-workers. these activities included after work BBQs and games
productive and fun workplace
Foods and services (Former Employee), vaughn, ontarioJuly 20, 2014
Pros: got free wonderland ticket after worked certain number of hours
Cons: staying there till later hours as 2am
Working in foods and services, I got to experience working with different types of customers, how to communicate with them and what to do when such conflict arises. As a cashier, I learnt how to handle the till which needs a lot of responsibility since you are working with a lot of cash. The work environment was very welcoming and friendly. Overall – more... it was a great experience. – less
Particularly fun and exciting place to work at.
ASSISTANT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Riverside SnacksJuly 17, 2014
Pros: meet new people
Cons: long hours standing.
Wonderland is a exciting place to work for.There is always something to do and many things to learn as the day progresses. It is an exceptional summer job to obtain and stay in to gain basic experience when it comes to cash handling.
Great if you live next to Wonderland!
Games Salesperson (Former Employee), Outside Toronto (Vaughan?)July 13, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers and managers
Cons: commute
But if you live far away, do not apply! Unless you LOVE commuting.
Fun Place
Guest Services Associate (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONJuly 8, 2014
Had an amazing time at work. Culture was great. Had best time of summer working there, but sometimes also the worst. Company has a lot of advancement opportunities.
It was great because i worked with alot of great people.
Ride Operator, Vaughan Mills, (Former Employee), Vaughan MillsJuly 7, 2014
Pros: free rides
Cons: work in the sun
Come in at 9:20 then we have our morning meetings, then 3 out of the 6 of us operators and attendant is given a key to a ride that we operate for the first 2 hours of the day.
A good learning experience
Rides Operator (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJuly 5, 2014
Pros: 4 free wonderland tickets (after working for a certain amount of hours), discounts on tickets at other venues (science complex)
Cons: repetitive, working in the hot sun, impolite guests, cliquey co-workers
At an amusement park you will obviously deal with a lot of people with different personalities. Some guests will be very friendly and make your day better, however, there will be guests who can be very rude. I have been yelled at by grown men because his son could not go on a ride due to height restrictions (the son was smaller than the accepted height).

The – more... job can be difficult as you can be working long hours in the hot sun. It can also be very repetitive. Co-workers are generally nice, but can be very cliquey (especially the females) and there is a lot of gossip! As for management, generally nice. – less
Productive in certain skills
Operator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 21, 2014
Early mornings and long hours. Productive workplace to improve and increase communication skills and becoming comfortable in a fast pace workplace.
A rewarding, fast paced working environment with friendly management.
Usher (Former Employee), Vaughn, OntarioJune 3, 2014
A typical day of work as a Theatre Usher at Canada's Wonderland during Halloween Haunt would include:

- Cleaning the theatre; sweeping, mopping, polishing, vacuuming
- Addressing guests inquiries regarding the amusement park, locations of events, times of events and upholding the park guidelines.
- Theatre security; discouraging flash photography and – more... outside food and drinks.
- Assisted guests in finding seats and leading guests in and out of the theatre.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the positive effect on the guests overall experience at Wonderland. – less
Great work environment
Cashier and Fry Cook (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMay 30, 2014
Good all around experience
Helpful fellow employees
Safe work environment
really Fun place to work at
Admissions Attendant (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMay 28, 2014
Pros: free entrance to wonderland
Cons: really busy
Really fun to work her, meet great people and help out really nice guests. Co-workers are great because they are very similar to you in many ways and the management group is good because they are around the same age as you. Hardest part of the job is dealing with cranky guests. The best part is the benefits of the job.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier and Production Worker at Roadside Deli (Former Employee), Vaughan, OntarioMay 28, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of communicating effectively towards a customers needs. This consisted of entering the orders correctly onto a cash register and preparing the food well to meet those needs. I learned to sell products more effectively and improve my communication skills. I also learned to use a cash register effectively and use the proper – more... equipment, cleaning, and sanitation practices for the production of making food. The most enjoyable part of the job was to communicate with people as well as work alongside with co-workers. This made the atmosphere more enjoyable and fun to work around in. – less
Good First Job
sweeper and park attendant (Former Employee), Maple, ONMay 15, 2014
Pros: long hours
Cons: always in the sun.
This job gave me great experience in punctuality and responsibility.
Fun and team-oriented working environment
Guest Services & Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee), Maple, ONMay 9, 2014
Pros: hours are guaranteed
Cons: advancement opportunities are limited
A typical day at work in the Guest Services Coordinator (now changed to Guest Services Associate as of 2014) position usually involves communicating directly with guests on a consistent basis. You will also occasionally be responding to guest inquiries via email or over the phone, so proper phone and email etiquette is required. You will be trained – more... on how to do these things effectively by your supervisors, however it is a good asset to have going into the job. You will be responsible for giving guests information on current events as well as selling tickets and/or season passes as well.

You have to be prepared for guests to come to you with problems of any magnitude when you are on the job. From the common issues regarding clarification of ticket pricing to certain rare incidents that occur at the park, working at Canada's Wonderland can become very unpredictable.

For me, personally, I loved working there mainly because of the people I worked with. No matter how stressful a shift I had, my co-workers made working there a lot more enjoyable. The management there is commendable. They are very respectful and treat you with courtesy every shift.

There were many things that I've learned, including how to be patient. Patience is an absolute necessity for this position because it makes interacting with the guests you deal with a lot easier. Proper listening skills are also definitely required. Even the simplest of problems can be very difficult to solve if you don't have this. You also develop very creative problem-solving abilities as well, which is another characteristic that is a necessity to have.

The hardest part of the job for me was having to deal with repetition. There were times that, no matter how clear I was with my explanations to the guests over company policies and what could and couldn't be done to assist them, I found it very difficult repeating the same thing over and over again. This became especially apparent on rain days when the rides are shut down temporarily during active weather. Guest Services was usually filled to capacity with guests trying to ask for their money back because they couldn't go on the rides during heavy rain.

As I stated earlier, the most enjoyable part of the job for me was being in a team environment. There were also a few perks such as various team events (ie; bowling, team dinners, etc) that can be planned throughout the season.

Overall, I would recommend this job to anyone who is willing. It is a great job and although opportunities to advance to higher positions are not frequent, it can provide others with useful skills to have in the future. – less
It's not bad
Performer/ "Monster" (2013), Cashier (2011) (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMay 8, 2014
Pros: park admission w/ guests, employee merchandise discounts
Cons: long hours, stressful guests
I worked at Canada's Wonderland longer than anywhere else. It's a bit stressful at times, and guests can get very angry with the park conditions and prices, but I personally got along with my managers and coworkers; they are friendly, compassionate, and patient. The job was tiring; during the day I would wonder how I'd get through the day, and if I'd – more... be able to come in tomorrow. But when all was said and done, it was an amazing job – less
Supervisor of Park Services
Supervisor (Current Employee), Maple, ONMay 7, 2014
Pros: motivational activites, meeting new people
Cons: long hours, challenging weather
I was responsible for making sure the park was clean. my co-supervisors and associates was responsible for the water park known as splash works. this job is about sweeping but it taught me so much more. I learned very important work-related things such as Employee Standards act and whmis. I also learned how to deal with people, which is not so hard – more... because for the most part the people at Canada's Wonderland are nice, smart and interesting (in a good way). It is not for everyone because you are working outdoor which exposes you to at times very challenging elements but there are very rewarding benefits that come with the job, such as a prom-like dance at the end of the year. You get paid minimum wage if you're 18 or older and student wage if you are 15-17 and hours are long if you choose to accept those hours but because you are there for long the money does pile up. Overall it is a great place to work because of the things you learn and people you meet not to mention its a great place for a first job. So I totally recommend working at wonderland for a summer job. – less
Hard work with not enough pay.
Ride Operator (Former Employee), Vaughan OntarioApril 23, 2014
Pros: free seasons pass, fun co-workers
Cons: mean management, gross/dirty employee cafe, guests are hard to handle, cleaning vomit for $10 an hour
Wonderland does not treat their employee's with the respect they deserve. The guests took priority over everything, even if it meant being yelled at and cleaning vomit. The management team also very obviously picked favorites as they got the best shifts and positions. The hours were long, hot in the sun, and sometimes it was required we worked through – more... part of our break to meet company standards. My co-workers are what made the job some what enjoyable. Also, there is a cafeteria for emplee's only but it's dirty with gross food. I ordered a hot dog once and got food poisoning. The only beneficial thing out of this job is the fact the it came with a free seasons pass, and 4 free tickets. – less
Canada's Wonderland
Rides Operator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 18, 2014
Canada's Wonderland has helped me with customer service skills, dealing with people every day was interesting. They trusted me to operate rides safely and I have done so. Interacting with them was always a pleasure and I am glad to have been apart of such a great company.

1 2 3 4 5

About Canada's Wonderland

Canada's Wonderland is a 330-acre (130 ha) theme park located in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada, a suburb directly north of Toronto. – Read more