Canada's Wonderland Employee Reviews

Fun place to work with great management
Food Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 April 2017
Its was a great place to work at amazing supervisors and constant help and guidance and also great co workers with long lasting friendships and great and sometimes nice customers
Pros
Great food
Cons
Bad conditions
Smooth working experience
Admissions Attendant/Access Control/ Usher (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 April 2017
Working here was a very smooth time. It allowed me to have an easy transition into the working world. Very good place for a first job. People and environment make for an enjoyable working experience.
Pros
Discounts, Reciprocal program
Cons
Long hours, Gets very hot.
Fun work environment, poor training
Ride Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 April 2017
Wonderland is great if your are trying to make a lot of money, they give you a lot of hours especially in the rides department. I made more than $800 every paycheck. Although the money is great, this is not the job for you if you do not like being outside, or cannot stand for long periods of time.
Pros
Free entrance to CN tower, toronto zoo, discount entry for Ripley's Aqarium
Cons
Hot sun, poor supervision, customers are mean
Best Job!
Halloween Haunt Maze Monster (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON16 April 2017
I have nothing but good things to say about this job. The atmosphere is great to work in, my co-workers and supervisors were easy to get along with, the hours were reasonable, and you could go on rides before your shift.
Pros
everything
worked with new people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2017
over there it was little bit difficult for me in the starting , because of slang problem. but, later i did better and enjoying working over there.
i worked for 5 months and every month i got opportunity to work with new member.
Pros
easy work
Cons
cleaning
Decent company
Clean-up/Orginizer (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON10 April 2017
It was good to work here at first, but after it gets too repetitive since you're doing the same thing for 12 hours and only a 30 minute break. It's great for people that like to work long hours.
Great Job for youth
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2017
Wonderland is a great place for youth to get into the work force. if is a great place to gain experience. however i do not think it is for the long term.
Fun place to work
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 April 2017
Canadas Wonderland is a great student job to hold. It taught to the value of hard earned money, and time management. You worked long hours therefore the worklife balance was tough, but i believe this student job taught me a lot in terms of time management, and sustaining a job.
Fun but draining.
ADMISSIONS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 April 2017
Working at Canada's Wonderland was fun but draining. Workload is a lot and boring. Dealing with customers is really hard. Management is really harsh on employees. Though these are many cons, I've learnt a lot of work related skills through this.
Fun place to work
Food and Beverage Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON24 March 2017
Working at Canada's Wonderland provided me an array of skill sets and is an experience that one should engage in. It was physically tasking and the other employees all kept a positive attitude in a difficult environment.
Wonderland Review
FOOD & BEVERAGE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON23 March 2017
The volume of customers was high everyday

I learned to manage many customers at once

Management was mediocre

Hardest part of the job was transportation
Pros
Food Discount
Cons
Long Hours
Working with other "monsters" is fun
Cast member- Entertainment Halloween Haunt (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2017
hardest part of working haunt was working nights and going to school the next Monday. The most enjoyable part was working with the other monsters to scare the guests
A Good Experience
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 March 2017
Canada's Wonderland was a good experience in terms of working with a team. However, the hours were long and with minimal days off. The overall pay was amazing but one summer with the park was enough.
Excellent Customer Service Experience
Park Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON9 March 2017
Working at Canada's Wonderland has taught me a lot about customer/guest service and it is a great first job for anyone.
The skills I've gained from working here has helped me in many other jobs I have gotten afterwards.

Specifically working in Park Services has taught me more than any other department would have. As a Park Services associate, you work alongside guests all shift while interacting with them and also keeping the park tidy. The shifts can go by quickly as you're always on the move looking for trash anyone has left behind.

The only problem I have is that the pay is NOT enough for what Park Services associates do. Park Services is one of the most important and hardworking departments of Canada's Wonderland and it should be acknowledged with a better salary. We deal with guests continuously and oversee the park's health and safety. Not only do we keep the park clean for the guests, but we also clean for all of the other departments within the park. We interact with different departments such as Rides, Foods, Merchandise, etc. and we continuously help out everyone. The amount of effort and work that we do every single day should not be compensated with minimum wage.
Pros
great teamwork, customer service skills, enjoyable staff
Cons
park services needs more acknowledgement
hated it
Food and Beverage associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 March 2017
Really annoying they want you to change your hair color if they dont like it no percings you meet alot of people and get in for free and make quick easy money
it was ok
Admissions Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2017
pay isnt bad but if youre be outdoors all day it gets a little hot
gives good hours
management could be better, but you make good friends
the employee food discount is great and theyre very flexible with scheduling
good job for students
Fun in the sun
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON4 March 2017
Wonderful place to work. I experienced many beneficial work experiences as well as developing my portfolio further. I recommend Canada's wonderland for its helpful and friendly environment.
great place to excel and gain skills
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 March 2017
Provide training for new employees, delegating tasks, ensuring staff maintains safe/clean environment, communicate clear instructions to team members, manage the flow of day-to-day operations, paperwork (inventory, cash paperwork, labour sheets)
Pros
weak management
Pros and Cons of Wonderland
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 March 2017
It was okay, it had its busy days which I liked because it kept me occupied and the slow days I disliked because you're just there counting down hours. I learned how to communicate with various types of people and consistently showing customer satisfaction. My co-workers were all pretty cool we all got along well the hardest part of the job was dealing with the weather because wonderland means summer and the heat were outrageous some days. The most enjoyable part was meeting new customers every day and having an awesome team of people to work with.

Although I learned a lot from working at Canada's Wonderland, there are many cons along with pros. The Management can be unfair... for example, they would hire people as team leads who haven't worked for Canada's Wonderland for enough time. They didn't motivate their workers to word harder. My supervisor and area manager had favourites.

Overall, it's a great to place to work at as a summer job or as a first job.
Pros
Discount on merchandise, Long hours
Cons
Favoritism, Unfairness, Heat, Salary
fun workplace
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON3 March 2017
i really enjoyed working at Canada's wonderland. the workplace was fun and enjoyable and the management is always making sure that the staff is hydrated and comfortable in the workplace.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada's Wonderland. Our community is ready to answer.

Canada's Wonderland Reviews by Location