Canada's Wonderland

Canada's Wonderland Employee Reviews in Canada

Memorable and fun learning experience
Front Gate Photographer (Former Employee) –  1 Canada's Wonderland Drive, Vaughan, ON L6A 1S6July 29, 2016
Working at Canada's Wonderland as a photographer was an incredibly fun learning experience. Fellow members of my team were very accommodating if I was having difficulties. I had the opportunity to work with customers providing service directly to them, as well as supervise our store independently. I've built very strong friendships with my team and as a result, I have a very memorable experience working with them.
Work/Play
Ride Attendant/Operator (Former Employee) –  Maple, ONJuly 19, 2016
Canada's Wonderland was one of those jobs where you didn't just work and get paid but you got to have playtime too. After so many weeks of working you would start to get complimentary park passes. as time went on and each number of weeks added up you would get more and more passes. Example: after 4 weeks I got 2 passes and after 8 weeks I think it was 4 passes etc etc.
Pros
free admission passes to the park, employee event nights
Cons
working outside in bad weather
Productive and Fun with good benefits
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 20, 2016
The co-workers and supervisors that you would work with can be very cool at times, it is a very fast paces and potentially stressful work environment due to the weather and larger amount of customers dealt with. Sometimes you may run into a supervisor that would not really consider be to empathetic with you to say the least, which may make the work place a little less enjoyable. You will get a lot of hours on the job so the pay is not bad for a lot of people who are either in high-school or with their parents, but is not recommended for those who have a lot of money related responsibilities.
Pros
lunches are cheap, free admission and easy going supervisors
Cons
long hours, hot weather and little rest time
Kind co-workers, but not everything is perfect
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJune 27, 2016
My co-workers and supervisors were very kind and considerate towards me, especially considering I was going through some health issues at the time. However, the store I worked in was a very boring place to be and I was alone all the time, despite the managers saying there would always be two people in the store at all times. I applied for full time hours and have not been getting that. they've only been bringing me in 3 out of 5 days a week, which really isn't fair at all or what I signed up for.

You learn a lot of things while working and they don't tell you everything during orientation.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Boring places and misleading information
Seting the WI-Fi system up
Windows Server Manager and Administration (Former Employee) –  Canada's Wonderland, ONJune 16, 2016
First step program 180+ Devices such a Access Point (indoor and outdoor) and Switches using Zonedirector .
Cabling and installing all dices on the best position increasing signal range .
Install Backup battery and switches in the rack.
Build and test cable terminals
It was so far my best project where i've learned a lot.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when they gave our new building to work on it (because that mean that you did a great job on your last building)
Pros
Salary was great, Great Co-workers, Location was amaizing
Cons
Work outside when we had cold weather.
Food and Beverage was NOT my cup of "Tea" here.
Cashier and Server Food and Beverage Team (Former Employee) –  Maple, ONMay 13, 2016
Though I learned many things during my employment, there were many things getting in my way of doing my job to the best of my capability.

My co-workers got annoyed with me constantly, and some barely did their job right. During my serving time at Manchu Wok, I got burnt when an employee filling in for someone who was absent, left the serving spoon beneath the heat lamp.

A client ordered that particular item and there was nothing I could use to grab the spoon, so without any other choice i grabbed the spoon with my bare hand and got burnt. My supervisor falsely accused me of lying though I had proof from Wonderland First Aid.
Pros
Free entrance to the Theme Park on days off.
Cons
Unprofessional Supervisors, Too Long of Hours
Great Learning Expierence
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONAugust 17, 2016
It's a great job to first have when graduating from 9-1-1 Emergency Service program. I really enjoy the staff and work enviorment as well as I am able to build and expand my knowledge on various differen't situations whether it be dealing with calls from the region or in park calls; First-Aids, lost children, theft calls.
A good place to make friends, and gain a first-time work experience.
Food/Beverage Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 25, 2016
Met some really great people. Work can be really exhausting and tiring. Area supervisors are really strict, uniform is not comfortable at all. It can get really hectic, especially during the day, and customers lack patience cause of the heat. Overall, it's an okay experience.
Pros
Free entry into the park and employee discount.
Cons
Long hours, very strict rules and regulations.
Great first job
Admissions Associate (Former Employee) –  Maple, ONApril 24, 2016
A typical day at Canada's Wonderland could consist of anything from working in a parking toll booth to letting guests in the front gate. It could be either selling tickets or precessing seasons passes. At Canada's Wonderland I learned how to manage money in relatively large quantities and consistently balanced my till. Th hardest part of the job was to deal with the many unpleasant costumers.
fun place to work, great employees, bad pay
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maple, ONMay 28, 2016
People here are great to work with, management are a bit unprofessional (in terms of conversations they have around employees). Management equips you with tools to help you complete your job (employee manuals).

Pro: advancement (but you won't get paid a lot more)

Major Con: unrelated job duties for one position: for example, an HR assistant here would also do employee laundry for the culinary department, hand out pay stubs, cashier and inventory duties, mopping floors as well as cleaning windows/glass counter (very random)

Con#2: Your boss could be much younger than you (good luck with that)

Con#3: Bad pay: an HR assistant starts at 11:25, after a promotion you only get .25 cents more, the manager for this section makes $14/hr
Pros
Made good friends, opportunity for advancement
Cons
unrelated job duties, not the best start for HR assistant applicants
Great team but management isn't always on top of things
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONApril 3, 2016
Some days you get long hours, management wasn't always on top of the schedule and didn't remember days you couldn't work. Sometimes lunch breaks were shortened because schedules weren't written ahead of time during work period. Team management in the beginning was unorganized and uncooperative.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Long hours, sometimes short lunch breaks, unorganized
Great experience
Cash Control Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONApril 3, 2016
Good place to start working and gives plenty of opportunity to gain experience and potentially get a few promotions under your belt. I am lucky to be in a good department, but have been told that the experience is more negative in other departments. Would be nice if there was better pay/benefits.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Long work hours that could go very late
best job ever
Actor/Entertainer, Monster, Louisiana Scream Maze (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 28, 2016
even though the hours were rough (more so because i had 2 jobs at the time) the pay and the amount of hours i was given was amazing. i couldnt tell if it was work or play it was the most fun ive had. i could be who ever i wanted to be and everyone was so nice
productive and enjoyable work assignments
Haunted House Maze Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONApril 17, 2016
working at Wonderland meant working around people of many responsibilities that encouraged a team effort to maintain a successful day on the job. The job of a maze attendant along with many others were seasonal during the month of Halloween. People in the particular maze where assigned a job that ensured the proper functioning of the maze due to all members who contributed.
working in an environment that directly targeted thrill for the enjoyment of the customers made the job very exciting because of the enthusiasm that went into the job which in-turn made for a friendly co worker experience.
Pros
weekly awarding of the best maze attendant of the night, a friendly and learning environment for people with no job experience
Cons
no opportunity for mobilization for a higher position, mainly because the job was seasonal
lots of hours for little pay
Food & Beverage - Service / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONMarch 4, 2016
Sign in at beginning of day, clean work area, then prepare food, then take food orders.

I learned how to use their old cash registers as well as their new ones.

The managers were very helpful and understanding never judgmental.
Co-workers always liked to help with each area that needed to be worked on.
Hardest part was the amount of hours you put into a day/week and the pay being barely enough to travel back and forth from work and use for daily life.

The most enjoyable part of working there was working with the managers and co-workers and seeing all the customers enjoying themselves.
Pros
Got to meet new people from different cultures
Cons
long hours very little pay
Good Workplace
Admissions Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 29, 2016
Respectable staff and overall a great company to work with. Flexible hours and shifts.Very oragnized team however the job hours and salary were not up to standards as I provide for many.
Pros
Cheaper Discounts
Cons
Have to trade shifts if something comes up
Fun place with many faces and entertainment
Admissions Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 6, 2016
Canadas Wonderland is one of the best experiences I've had as an employee. This place is friendly, time efficient, and always looking for new employees every season.
Pros
Working in a amusement park
Cons
Double bus fare trips
Fun work environment
Admissions Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONMay 20, 2016
Fun place to work at because of all the friendly people that you get to meet, whether they are employees or guests. Hours were reasonable, typically did not work too long without being given a break. Enjoyable to be working outside given the weather was nice.
Productive and great place for improvement of communication skills
Rides Operator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 18, 2016
Amazing place of work with enthusiastic Team members and even better experience interacting with thousands of new people daily which greatly improved my communication skills.
First Job
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONApril 28, 2016
It was a simple first job producing pizza. It was fun at times and was a fast passed environment mostly because we were providing a product ( food).
Pros
You can get some free passes for friends.
Cons
Hours can be long and can continue after major bus services and bus lines nearby stop servicing.

Canada's Wonderland Reviews by Location