Canada's Wonderland

Canada's Wonderland Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
First Job
Line Cook (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 28, 2016
Pros: You can get some free passes for friends.
Cons: Hours can be long and can continue after major bus services and bus lines nearby stop servicing.
It was a simple first job producing pizza. It was fun at times and was a fast passed environment mostly because we were providing a product ( food).
A good place to make friends, and gain a first-time work experience.
Food/Beverage Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 25, 2016
Pros: Free entry into the park and employee discount.
Cons: Long hours, very strict rules and regulations.
Met some really great people. Work can be really exhausting and tiring. Area supervisors are really strict, uniform is not comfortable at all. It can get really hectic, especially during the day, and customers lack patience cause of the heat. Overall, it's an okay experience.
Positive environment
Associate (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 25, 2016
Pros: Everyone is around the same age
Cons: Night shifts that end at 12:00 am
In Canada's Wonderland I learned a lot of different skills. I was able to communicate better with people and learned a lot of leadership skills.
Great first job
Admissions Associate (Former Employee), Maple, ONApril 24, 2016
A typical day at Canada's Wonderland could consist of anything from working in a parking toll booth to letting guests in the front gate. It could be either selling tickets or precessing seasons passes. At Canada's Wonderland I learned how to manage money in relatively large quantities and consistently balanced my till. Th hardest part of the job was to deal with the many unpleasant costumers.
Ride Operator
Ride operator/assistant at Ghoster Coaster ! (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 20, 2016
Working at Canada's Wonderland was a great experience. I gained many useful skills and met many great people, including my co-workers and guest. Also had great hours for students.
productive and enjoyable work assignments
Haunted House Maze Attendant (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 17, 2016
Pros: weekly awarding of the best maze attendant of the night, a friendly and learning environment for people with no job experience
Cons: no opportunity for mobilization for a higher position, mainly because the job was seasonal
working at Wonderland meant working around people of many responsibilities that encouraged a team effort to maintain a successful day on the job. The job of a maze attendant along with many others were seasonal during the month of Halloween. People in the particular maze where assigned a job that ensured the proper functioning of the maze due to all members who contributed.
working in an environment that directly targeted thrill for the enjoyment of the customers made the job very exciting because of the enthusiasm that went into the job which in-turn made for a friendly co worker experience.
Great team but management isn't always on top of things
Ride Operator (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 3, 2016
Pros: Working with children
Cons: Long hours, sometimes short lunch breaks, unorganized
Some days you get long hours, management wasn't always on top of the schedule and didn't remember days you couldn't work. Sometimes lunch breaks were shortened because schedules weren't written ahead of time during work period. Team management in the beginning was unorganized and uncooperative.
Great experience
Cash Control Area Supervisor (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 3, 2016
Pros: Fun work environment
Cons: Long work hours that could go very late
Good place to start working and gives plenty of opportunity to gain experience and potentially get a few promotions under your belt. I am lucky to be in a good department, but have been told that the experience is more negative in other departments. Would be nice if there was better pay/benefits.
Fun workplace with social employees
Maze Usher (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMarch 20, 2016
Relaxed environment and fun to work with other employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to communicate with customers.
Loved it
Internal Cash Auditor (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMarch 6, 2016
I met a bunch of new people and got along with the managers very well. The only downside was working in the hot sun but other than that, it was a great experience.
really good job for me
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee), l4h 2c2March 5, 2016
excellent I like it. I am very much interested in such activities. I am more interested to help old and children in assisting them
lots of hours for little pay
Food & Beverage - Service / Cashier (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMarch 4, 2016
Pros: Got to meet new people from different cultures
Cons: long hours very little pay
Sign in at beginning of day, clean work area, then prepare food, then take food orders.

I learned how to use their old cash registers as well as their new ones.

The managers were very helpful and understanding never judgmental.
Co-workers always liked to help with each area that needed to be worked on.
Hardest part was the amount of hours you put into a day/week and the pay being barely enough to travel back and forth from work and use for daily life.

The most enjoyable part of working there was working with the managers and co-workers and seeing all the customers enjoying themselves.
Productive and fun work place
ADMISSIONS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONFebruary 28, 2016
Pros: Discounts at many places
Cons: working outside in summer
Typical day

Enjoyable part
Flexible hours
Fun place to work
Free Rides
Productive workplace with great staff
Maze Attendant (Former Employee), Vaughn ONFebruary 27, 2016
I had a lot of fun working at Wonderland, really good experience. The Maze Attendent position allowed me to interact with many different types of people, always kept me on my feet!
Productive and fun workplace
Entertainer (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONFebruary 25, 2016
Wonderland was a very rewarding place to work. Very productive and dedicated staff and fun workplace. Would recommend to a friend 10/10 very fun
Average workplace
CASHIER (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONFebruary 22, 2016
Pros: Fun environment
Cons: Long hours
good people and management, long hours. The hardest part of the job was cleaning up at the end of the shift. A lot was needed to e done, but there weren't many people
enjoyable workplace
Usher (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 18, 2016
Pros: good payment
Cons: long hours
not only was working at canada's wonderland a great opportunity to develop amazing communication skills, i also loved the people i worked with. i have nothing negative to say about my experience.
Great starting job!
Security Guard (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Pros: Outside
Cons: Some policies
Excellent work environment for individuals looking to progress in the Security and Law Enforcement field. Every shift is enjoyable and has new experiences.
Great People
Ride Attendant (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONFebruary 5, 2016
My typical day starts off with filling up the go kart gas tanks. Also doing test runs to make sure the machine is working well. Promptly around 9 AM, we open our gates to start collecting passengers!
Great environment to work in
Customer Service Worker (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJanuary 31, 2016
Pros: Great team workers and great work environment. Got a free pass to wonderland
Cons: Had to talk for long periods of time
Typical day involved me putting on my work clothes, preparing my booth and having change at hand to give to guests. This was a great place to work at