Canada's Wonderland Employee Reviews

never felt like work
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON15 February 2018
It was great getting my first real work experience with Canada's wonderland. The management were very supportive for young inexperienced people like myself at the time!!
Pros
fun environment, good culture
Cons
not very competitive compensation
! supervisor did not like me
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 February 2018
one of the supervisors favored the people that had been working at the park for longer then the rest of us. he would pretty much allow them to do whatever they pleased
Pros
met some great people
Cons
was never called back
Fun environment
Behemoth Ride Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 February 2018
Long hours, money is worth it when working full time. Chance of meeting celebrities. Employee's from past seasons often exclude new employees. High school like atmosphere, a lot of unnecessary drama.
Pros
A lot of group activities, Free tickets, discount at certain park stores, meet new people everyday
Cons
Long hours, Work in rain or hot sun, cold
Awesome place for 1st job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON30 January 2018
Worked outside checking people onto rides. Wonderland has a quota of how many rides to do per hour, so their is pressure to work faster, but no incentives when goals are met. Always bring water, hat and sunscreen.
Pros
free rides, free carnival games, great people
Cons
long hours outside in summer
meet interesting people
Entertainer (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON29 January 2018
it's a fun short term job especially for a younger crowd
I made many new friends and enjoyed the atmosphere
I worked there seasonally
flexible shifts
Good to learn various mechanic tools
Assistant Mechanic (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON24 January 2018
If you are willing to learn many kinds of mechanical tools and use them, it is a quite good work place.
They provide enough safety protection to work.
You can have a chance to do welding and grinding if you want.

Superintendent quite respects employees' opinions.

FYR, when I worked in summer 2017, 7 days continuous work, 3 days continuous off, 7 days continuous work and 4 days continuous off. Also, you can request (a) dayoff(s) if you need. So, you could set your travel plan.
Pros
Easy to set the vacation plan (Continuous 4 days off possible)
Cons
Too early to start the day (Arrival before 5 AM)
Productive and exciting workplace with driven and hardworking people
Cash Control Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON24 January 2018
Recording revenues in TMS, stocking up floats in the vault, visiting various departments to collect the cash revenues and distributing floats to various departments when required was a typical day at work. Being a cash control assistant, I learned the importance of effective communication with fellow team members. I also learned that with proper management, work can be productive and effective instead of just being an activity. The hardest part of the job was ensuring that the books were balanced as any variance would greatly affect the statements. This job was also effective in terms of networking with people as the managers and supervisors were from accounting and finance industry.
Pros
Free rides, Free access to CN tower and Ripley's Aquarium
Cons
Irregular hours
Fun Place
Rides Associate (Former Employee) –  1 Canada's Wonderland Drive, Vaughan, ON L6A 1S624 January 2018
amazing work place with positive people. testing rides in the morning to ensure they are running properly before the park opens. once guests are arriving we have to ensure the safety of all our guest weather they are on the rides or not. checking all safety restraints to make sure guest are well secured on the rides and to ensure the guest have a great time.
Fast paced, stressful place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON23 January 2018
Taking orders, handling large amount of cash, serving customers, cooking food, Learned a lot about customer service,dealt with rude customers all day, break room was far from some units. Management was strict. Made really good friends.
Pros
Great co-workers/ seasonal
Cons
Very strict management
Fun place to work at
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON22 January 2018
The only think about this job is that you’re in the hot sun for a long time and it’s kinda far from me but other then that it’s a good job. You get a lot of hours and meet people from all over the world.
Pros
2 free
Cons
outside a lot
A fun place to work and meet new people everyday.
Ride operator / Entertainment crew (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON13 January 2018
A fantastic place to work as it was both challenging and rewarding and best of all got to meet new guests every day and even some regulars!

Was exciting to work in a fast pace environment while learning new rides on a regular basis.
Pros
Free park admission on my off days and low cost meals for employees
Cons
Long bus commute
Good place to work to get your foot in the door and start your experience as a teenager.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2018
You gain a lot of skills at wonderland but hours are long and very demanding. I learned a lot about cash and customer service, but you may be on your feet all day for very long periods of time. If you work at a restaurant with a refresh station, expect to be out in the sun for a long time, and bees are a hazard .
Pros
Pay Is sustainable.
Cons
Long hours.
Satisfying and fun work environment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON29 December 2017
Everyone gets along relatively well, so you make some great friends through the summer. the hours are also pretty great and employee benefits are fun to take advantage of when you have days off.
Pros
Free admission to the park, as well as the CN tower and Ripleys aquarium and many other places.
Very fun job
Park Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON25 December 2017
Amazing job. Very nice Supervisors and managers. They actually care about their employees and most of the time if you need a day off they will give it to you. I enjoyed the job very much.
Good Starter Job
MERCHANDISE SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON24 December 2017
This was my first job as a 15 year old. It was extremely strenuous, and management did not really show empathy for us younger workers. It was not the best place to work, but it did teach me a lot about the work field.
IT was fun!
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON23 December 2017
THe job itself was so much fun, Let me being on why...

1) Your able to talk to many individuals whom radiate either a good mood or bad, but all are here for one reason, which is to have fun.

2) The team is amazing!! they will take the time to get to know you for you and will try to find places that will suit your talents and niches.

3)It's soo much fun

conclusion: This is a JOB, however it is a fun one for teenagers ranging from 18-28
Pros
Prices of lunches and Team
Cons
Drama.
Hardworking and friendly environment
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON23 December 2017
It was a place to learn new skills and I had the opportunity of working with great minds and hardworking associate making me hardworking and skillful.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
A very welcoming institution to work for.
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON14 December 2017
A great summer job for young adults, gives the opportunity to gain experience. It is a very friendly environment and there is never a dull moment. I would recommend working there.
Pros
friendly enviroment, non expensive food
Cons
long comute from toronto
Very fun workplace with fun co-workers and a good environment
Admissions Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON9 December 2017
I always looked forward to going to work here because everyone that worked alongside me always had a smile on their face. Only downside was that experience with customers wasnt always the best and it was a minimum wage job.
Pros
Free Entry to the Theme Park
Cons
Minimum wage
fun and productive work environment' great managment and friendly empoyees
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON8 December 2017
Managment was good. great employees always able to get the task done in the kitchen. the kitchen had a big team meaning tasks would get finished fairly quickly
Pros
discounts' free entry