Canada's Wonderland

Canada's Wonderland Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive fun work place with LOTS OF HOURS
Food Prep (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Free rides
Cons: can't ride in uniform
Working at wonderland was a great first job experience and I definitely recommend it to others! The environment is safe and your coworkers help make the days go by faster.
Why I dislike working at Canada's Wonderland
Food & Beverage worker (Former Employee), Vaughn, ONJuly 17, 2015
Pros: The food
Cons: After Hours Clean Up, Distance needed to walk to the place for break
First of all, if you can't drive, then you have to take multiple buses, for me it was the VIVA bus, and those buses are always never on time, so you have to leave an hour earlier than anticipated to be able to arrive on time to Canada's Wonderland.

Secondly, it's not that you have to arrive at the gate for when your shift starts, but the location at where you work. So if you worked in a location that was a long walk away and you would have to be there at, for example, 6:30, then that means you would have to arrive at the gate a little earlier, as well as the time you have to leave to arrive.

As for break time, there is the most ridiculous system in that for when it is your time to eat whatever you brought. So you're not allowed to eat in the station you work, and have to walk to this separate building to eat. That takes a good couple of mins. Your break time is only 30 mins. That is not enough time to eat, plus the fact that you have to WALK to a SEPARATE BUILDING to each cuts time from your actual break time.
If you forgot to bring food or wish to purchase food from other food stations in the park, you are not allowed to be in uniformed and have to change into non-uniform clothes. That also takes a good couple of minutes out of your actual break time. So in reality, your overall time for actually eating and resting would be about 10 - 15 minutes, and that's ridiculous.

Lastly, the WORST thing about working at Canada's Wonderland is the cleanup. The park may close at 11 pm, or 12 am, but being low on staff for cleanup is the worst. If you work in the Food & Beverage – more... department like I did, you're staying a good 2 hours for cleanup. There is so much things to put away, food to dump out, and a butt-load of dishes to wash---it's a nightmare, especially for someone like me who was new.

Although Wonderland may be fun to go to for rides (even though lines are 1+ hour long waits), I would never work there ever again. Especially when it's Halloween Haunt as well. I seriously would not recommend Canada's Wonderland as anyone's first job. – less
Fun to work but far.
Ride Operator/Attendant (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Great people, Great hours
Cons: Travel and Grooming
I really like working at wonderland. The people make it really fun especially when they interact with you. The employees are also great to work with. The only problem is since i live in brampton, Vaughan is a long travel by bus. Their grooming policies for ride attendants also dont make a lot of sense. They require you to shave all facial hair which is redundant since your working in a booth or a shed.
Learning a lot everyday by meeting different people.
Food Service Associate (Former Employee), Toronto ONJuly 4, 2015
Working at Canada's Wonderland is one of the best summer experiences one can wish for. I have personally learnt a lot working there since everyday was a new experience for me; meeting new people and being able to help people at the park was astonishing it self.
Enjoyable workplace with great employees
Halloween Haunt Maze Usher (Former Employee), Vaughn, ONJune 30, 2015
Working at Wonderland for Halloween Haunt was the best first job anyone could ask for. It wasn't too stressful, but if ever you did get stressed out, whether it be by the park guests or other wise, your coworkers will always be there to lend you a helping hand. The people I had the pleasure of working with were some of the best people I have ever met. I made a lot of great friends, who I still stay in touch with nearly 3 years later.
Productive and fast paced environment
Ride Operator - Seasonal (Former Employee), Maple, ONJune 23, 2015
Pros: Free seasons pass
Cons: Hot days, not great pay
Typical day at work :
Was generally on the day shift, would commute about half hour to get to the park at 9 to start at 9:25, unfortunately I worked at Minebuster which was at the complete opposite side of the park as the employee entrance so if you didn't get there at least 15 minutes early you were destined to be late. At the beginning I would start at the easier positions of the ride, grouper, loader, than after a while I was upgraded to being a Ride Operator which is 100% the best part of the job. Would work for a couple hours, rotating positions every hour, than go for a lunch/break. Pretty simple work but has alot to do with safety of the guests and making sure they're happy.

What I learned:
To be diverse, I was previously living in Peterborough where their aren't alot of different races, cultures, religions, etc. Working at wonderland opened my eyes about different people and learning to work with groups who have different morals/beliefs.

Management:
Management(Supervisor and Leads) were great, I had a guy named Jezer, he was awesome and always upbeat seemed to really love his job. If you were nice to they, did your job, and showed progression they would usually ease your rotation through the day.

Co-workers:
Had mostly great experiences with my co-workers. There were a few odd balls who didn't get along with a lot of people but for the most part I loved my crew. I lived 30-45 minutes away from the park and would still stay after my shift to go for dinner/drinks or the play some basketball with some of the crew. We became a family over the short time we – more... spent together over the summer. You really need to take advantage of working there because if you are working part-time you are going to be around your crew alot of the summer.

Hardest part:
2 that come to mind -
Hot days, luckily minebuster's platform was under a roof so we had shade but it still got deathly(not literally) on some days, just make sure you wear lose uniforms and drink alot of water.
Having to deal with rude/ immature customers, sometimes you experience a customer who is just having a bad day and the ride is taking a bit to start and you have to deal with their problems, even though you didn't do anything wrong you have to try to be nice and solve their problem.

Most enjoyable:
The downtime - when it wasn't that busy, or was getting closer to 8-10 when the park is closing, you can finally relax and talk to your crew after a long day. You have to get through a certain number of cycles per hour and when the park is empty alot of riders would ride continuously on our ride because they liked our crew so having fun with the guests was always a blast. – less
Not a fun place to work, people very anti social, told not to talk to one another while working, 11$ an hour to be in the hot sun lifting heavy stuff
Park Service (Current Employee), Splash worksJune 22, 2015
Pros: Discounted food and admission to the park on off time for free.
Cons: Hot weather, low flexibility, management makes you feel terrible, low pay for hard work.
Im sure the rest of wonderland is fun to work at but park service is not one of them. The management expects to much and discourages social interaction making each day a dread. I have never felt so bad about going to work other than when i worked here. Getting paid low wages for work that you should get more for. You are in constant 25+ weather. On the little up sides you do have water fountains, free admission into the park and can buy food at discounted prices( only while working). Work schedule were very limited in flexibility and if you asked to have a change in wok because its to exhausting for you the managers/supervisor will come back with "well i work 11 hour days 5 days a week" well i'm not you sorry...
Friendly environment filled with joy
Call centre staff / Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJune 21, 2015
- A typical day at work would be lovely, enjoying the weather and also watching children have fun is a very joyful experience
- Co-workers were very friendly , everyone bought in to make sure we would reach our goals set by our management.
-the hardest part of the job was watching everyone have so much fun on the rides and i would not be allowed to participate
- I've learned that if you and all your team members work together the job is so much easier.
Long hours, Unexpected early sign outs, great for first time workers.
Busser and Cashier (Seasonal) (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONJune 17, 2015
Pros: Getting the hours you want.
Cons: You can get sent home early often.
A typical day would be to come into work, bus about 90 tables, serve food to customers, make sure all questions are answered, and then probably get sent home because it is either raining or there ae too many workers there that day.
Very fun to work here
Assistant Merchandising Supervisor (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJune 10, 2015
Pros: NA
Cons: NA
A young person looking for a summer job. This is a good place for you. Being at the park is fun. Listening to the rides and everything is great. Customers can be very aggressive at times and demand the world. from you. Seasonal management is usually great but full time management can be rude and expect you as a teenage to go over the top for them.
fun work place, amazing people.
Games Sale Associate (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJune 6, 2015
Pros: discounted food, free entry, free tickets, and discounted prizes.
Cons: standing in the heat, low wages, and long hours or extremely short hours.
As soon as I would get to work I would be extremely happy. Just the environment itself is incredible. You would typically start at one game and get moved around through out the day, or you would be asked to watch multiple games. This was great at teaching me how to multitask, and become more responsible. A majority of the customers were always fantastic, and amazing to converse with. The management staff would sometimes make things difficult by making you do way to many things at once, or would not understand how hot it was outside. The co-workers were fantastic, I have met people I plan to talk to for the rest of my life. It was really the customers and co-workers who made working at Canada's Wonderland amazing. The hardest part about the job was being prepared for the weather. Sometimes I would have a twelve hour shift in the boiling sun, and there is hardly any shade at the games. Other times during Halloween Haunt it would get freezing at night and you just could not wear enough layers to stay warm. The most enjoyable part of my job was giving people a prize, especially children. Sometimes after I gave a child a prize they would be so happy they would hug me, and that was definitely the best part.
Canada's Wonderland
Amusement & Recreation Attendant (Former Employee), Maple, ONJune 5, 2015
I do not really remember all of my duties while working at Canada's Wonderland. However, I do remember working in the various theatres in Wonderland and having to entertain and keep the audience engaged and excited for the show. We also would inform guests of new and upcoming shows. We would have to supervise children and the audience to make sure no one would jump or run on stage. I enjoyed working at Wonderland. The only downfall would be cancelling shows due to extreme weather conditions (rain and extreme heat).

I learned how to be more patient and understanding to other people's needs. I would recommend Canada's Wonderland as a starting job to gain customer service experience.
Wonderful experience with an exceptional team
Maze Supervisor/Attendant (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMay 31, 2015
Pros: Friendly Atmosphere/Staff, Interesting Experience, and Good Pay
Cons: Late hours, Cold, and Short Work Period/Term
Canada's Wonderland was a fun experience. I made many new wonderful friends and contacts and also learned how to deal with unhappy, scared, worried, or unsatisfied customers. Not only did I have the pleasure of getting to know my co workers, I also got to work in a fun and entertaining environment with them. At times, work did become a little stressful if someone was hurt or unhappy or scared, but with a positive attitude and enthusiasm to help others, everything managed to work out in the end. The hardest part of the job was probably the late hours which were often cold since I was outside. Finding a ride home was also not easy (buses didnt run after 12 am), but it was manageable. I can't really say there was any part I did not enjoy, and I really had wished that my work term was longer.
Fun but really busy place to work at
Merchandise (Former Employee), vaughan ,ontarioMay 31, 2015
Pros: free tickets to the park
Cons: low staff, undertrain staff and really busy job
Great job for new students looking for part time work and or have no experience at all

- work on cash register
- clean store by organizing merchandise and cleaning up the floor and cash wrap
- promote sales by engaging with guest
- work on problem solving skills when encountering issues with guest
nice place
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMay 28, 2015
the weather made working at canada's wonderland very annoying, management was pretty good. They really focused on customer service which was very nice.
Productive and fun place to work at
Cash Control Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 25, 2015
Excellent time management and money management skills learnt working at a fun place like Canada's wonderland. Senior management was very understanding and helpful.
fun but managemet is horrible
Team Lead (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMay 16, 2015
fun, can be fast paced
learned to work as part of a team
co-workers were very cool
hardest part was completing work in the hot sun
co-workers made the job enjoyable
Productive work place
Ride Attendant (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMay 12, 2015
As a ride attendant, my duties were to ensure the safety of customers and interact as they enjoy their day. The hardest part of the job was to ensure rules and regulations of the ride to customers to guarantee their safety, sometimes customers would break the rules and at times go as far as becoming a bit harsh with their behavior.
Working at Wonderland
Part Time Seasonal Sales Associate and Usher (Current Employee), AdmissionsMay 11, 2015
Pros: free admission
Cons: sometimes shifts get cut without prior notice
I am just speaking on my behalf, but working at Wonderland was not all I thought it was to be, but it was also a great learning curve and way to build confidence, patience and communication skills.
Hard work, fun work, hard to work with staff.
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 6, 2015
The staff at Canada's Wonderland are as expected, all very young. This makes them a little bit harder to work with. However, the job itself is quite fun, and engaging.

1 2 3 4 5

About Canada's Wonderland

Canada's Wonderland is a 330-acre (130 ha) theme park located in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada, a suburb directly north of Toronto. – Read more