Canada’s Royal Winnipeg Ballet has an opening for a Corporate Partnerships Manager in our Development Department.
The Corporate Partnerships Manager reports to the Director of Development, and supports the activities of the entire organization, which includes the Company, the School’s Professional Division, and the School’s Recreation Division. In addition, the Corporate Partnerships Manager is responsible for research, fulfillment and reporting in relationships with corporate donors, corporate sponsors, foundations, and granting agencies. This position also participates in strategic direction and planning for the department, maintains current sponsors and donors, while building new relationships.
The objective of this position is to increase revenue through new and existing partnerships; expand relationships with current partners that may represent growth opportunities; keep team informed of business objectives, relationship negotiations and developments. Develop year-end ROI analysis for measurement of sponsorship activation and new business development.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Increase revenue with both new and existing corporate partnerships.
- Build and maintain positive, productive relationships with corporate partners
- In conjunction with Development Department, prepare proposals, applications, and submissions to current and prospective corporate philanthropic donors, corporate sponsors, and foundations
- Ensure highly effective service and the cultivation of relationships of mutual regard and respect with RWB donors, sponsors, funders and stakeholders
- Support the Development Department in servicing and fulfillment of corporate donors, corporate sponsors, foundations and funders, including required reporting
- Plan and implement the annual philanthropic Corporate Campaign including renewals and new solicitations
- Ensure all communications, strategies and actions support, protect and nurture the Royal Winnipeg Ballet brand for the Company and School
- Research current and prospective corporate philanthropic donors and corporate sponsors, and foundational donors and partners
- Identifying potential sponsors through effective research
- Regularly update colleagues on goals/priorities of current and potential funders
- Support development activities at each Company show including pre- and post-show receptions and events
- Support the planning and execution of Development special events, both in Winnipeg and on-tour
- Ensure the efficient and effective use of fundraising software and data collection
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Creative Communications, Marketing or Public Relations or combination of educations and work related experience
- Three to five years in corporate fundraising, partnership development, communications, non-profit or client account management
- Experience using a donor database management system (Raisers Edge, Sales-Force, Tessitura) is preferred
- Must provide a Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse Registry Check
Skills and Specifications:
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Active participation in meetings and events
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with individuals and organizations
- Ability to create funding budgets
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective decision making by committing to actions in a timely manner
- Uses effective time management skills to achieve results
- Strong initiative and self-motivation
- Flexible work schedule
- Ability to travel outside of Manitoba
We thank all applicants for your interest, however only those who qualify will be contacted.
Please submit your resume in confidence by March 09, 2014.
Indeed - 9 months ago