Canad Inns Employee Reviews

Corporate office is run by the "cool kids"
Finance department (Former Employee) –  Corporate OfficeSeptember 22, 2016
The job sounds amazing at first buy slowly you learn that if you are not a VP or Manager you mean nothing. The office is filled with some wonderful people but the higher ups tend to treat the lower rung employees like scum. No matter how hard you work they will find an excuse to force you out of the office. I wouldn't send my worst enemy for a job interview.
Bring your resume elswewhere
Management (Former Employee) –  Rather not discloseJuly 26, 2016
Having been a on the management team I can suggest to all prospectus applicants tgat you may want to reconsider dropping your resume off with Canad Inns.
When I was hired it was made clear to me there is an unwritten policy called "90 day wonders" this covert policy looks to eliminate employees before their 90 day review as a cost effective way of controlling labour costs.
Pros
You may only need a short term job
Cons
You can never expect management to deliver on their promises
Terribly managed
Disposable employee (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 8, 2016
Regent location is terribly managed. Go talk to any staff there, most will tell you all about how the GM and head office is running things. This is the kind of company that jumps before it looks, then wonders why it didn't go well and then blames everything except themselves.

Looking for job security? Look elsewhere. Hoping to climb the ladder and get recognized for your hard work? Good luck with that. Looking for a place that cant even figure out how to properly schedule enough people for the assigned workload, forcing the scheduled employees to do the extra work? PERFECT! This may be the job for you. Lord knows they could use you. "use" being the perfect word here. Pay attention to the job postings and you will see alot of positions for Canad inns, it makes me wonder why. Oh wait ive met and seen the wisdom of head office and thier decisions and implementation. Its a wonder they still even exist. Someone do them a favour and just buy them out allready, it could be a good business with some leadership and advertising. But currently its not.

Lets not even talk about how much they care about their long time employees, like how they decided to not fire ( that would have been illegal) thier current staff, but that they didn't want any of them to represent thier new bar so they hire completely new barstaff for the transistion from the oak to nashilles (some who had no bar experience at all, ask around) while simply not giving old staff any shifts at all. These are some of the best bartenders in the business basically given the boot for untrained unprepared new staff. A
  more... friend of mine who is still on payroll and had worked there for years has not even had 1 shift since they lied to all the old staff telling them not to worry about thier jobs. This could be you in 5 years!  less
Pros
Not knowing you work and finding out your scheduled in 24 hours, This is a pro if you like a life where you cant plan or depend on your schedule, Its like a box of chocolates
Cons
The list is extensive, Before you apply, do some research and Seriously go down and find someone to honestly talk to about the company, Im writing this to try to help people, You have been warned.
Great place to grow
Banquet / Buffet / Line / Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  826 Regent Ave W, Winnipeg, MBMarch 11, 2016
The staff and company are great for those who are looking to get settled in to a permanent position with a thriving organization.
Easy job with great coworkers. Lots of laughs
Barback/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 3, 2015
A typical day is never the same, because it is a nightclub.Some days you get the business, and others you don't. I learned a lot on how to become a better bartender by people who have bartended for over 20 years. So I learned a lot.

I love the coworkers over there. We all get a long and the shifts are never without a laugh,
Pros
Tips
Cons
You're up until 4am
Productive and everyday is a learning process
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, ManitobaJune 2, 2015
Customer service oriented. Working as team player. Most enjoyable part of the job is talking to different type of people and learning something form them.
Physically exhasting
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 13, 2015
Great for learning skills such as communication, leadership, and organization. Best place to experience physical work and learn team management capabilities, and to build extra muscle. Most enjoyable part is everyone works as a team.
Pros
work experience
productive and fun workplace
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 14, 2014
I just love cleaning.
people who i work with are very friendly and caring.
its very safe place to work
i enjoy working with Canad Inns team
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
NO GOOD
Front desk (Former Employee) –  Polo ParkJuly 15, 2014
GOOD STAFF, UNPROFESSIONAL MANAGERS THE GENERAL MANAGER IS VERY FRIENDLY THOUGH
Definitely was a pleasure to work with different people and see happy guests everyday.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 13, 2014
I definitely would work here again. Was looking to working as Front Desk Manager had family emergency had to leave position.
Pros
lunch and room discounts
Cons
very disorganized
wash dishes and stock shelves in cooler
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 2, 2013
cleaning restarant and washing dishes peeling vegetables and stocking coolers.is was soso working here at beginning but not at end
Great Place to Work
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MBAugust 19, 2013
I learned a lot working at Canad Inns, really enjoyed being part of a team but also enjoyed that I got to work independently. Hardest part of the day was when the hotel was booked full and there was a deadline to have everything cleaned.
Pros
great gm
Cons
no cons, only con was my lifestyle at the time :(
another day another dollor
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Windsor Park Canad InnsMay 13, 2013
My typical day at Canad Inns, prepping coffee, tea, then serving the event. When they finish, I clean the room i will do the dishes. This job can be very overwhelming. New management has token over so I' am not familiar with them, my co-workers are very nice people. best part of my job is seeing my event walk out with a smile on the face, I feel like I did my job correct. I have learned all my serving skills from the people I worked with.
Pros
all the new skills i will always have
Cons
the schedule is never out on time
low pay and very hectic place to work
Hotel Accountant (Former Employee) –  winnipeg, MBFebruary 24, 2013
flexible time. very low salary. some managers are very unprofessional. co-workers were very nice. hardest part of the job was to deal with some managers attitude. most enjoyable part was to have flexible time.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
low pay
fun place to work at
Busser,Barback (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 27, 2012
worked in the bar so loud music drunk people and late hours good fun people to work with very messy sticky job.
Pros
saw my friends all the time
Cons
cant party on the weekends