Canad Inns Employee Reviews in Canada

Great place to grow
Banquet / Buffet / Line / Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  826 Regent Ave W, Winnipeg, MBMarch 11, 2016
The staff and company are great for those who are looking to get settled in to a permanent position with a thriving organization.
Easy job with great coworkers. Lots of laughs
Barback/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 3, 2015
A typical day is never the same, because it is a nightclub.Some days you get the business, and others you don't. I learned a lot on how to become a better bartender by people who have bartended for over 20 years. So I learned a lot.

I love the coworkers over there. We all get a long and the shifts are never without a laugh,
Pros
Tips
Cons
You're up until 4am
Productive and everyday is a learning process
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, ManitobaJune 2, 2015
Customer service oriented. Working as team player. Most enjoyable part of the job is talking to different type of people and learning something form them.
Physically exhasting
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 13, 2015
Great for learning skills such as communication, leadership, and organization. Best place to experience physical work and learn team management capabilities, and to build extra muscle. Most enjoyable part is everyone works as a team.
Pros
work experience
productive and fun workplace
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 14, 2014
I just love cleaning.
people who i work with are very friendly and caring.
its very safe place to work
i enjoy working with Canad Inns team
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
NO GOOD
Front desk (Former Employee) –  Polo ParkJuly 15, 2014
GOOD STAFF, UNPROFESSIONAL MANAGERS THE GENERAL MANAGER IS VERY FRIENDLY THOUGH
Definitely was a pleasure to work with different people and see happy guests everyday.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 13, 2014
I definitely would work here again. Was looking to working as Front Desk Manager had family emergency had to leave position.
Pros
lunch and room discounts
Cons
very disorganized
wash dishes and stock shelves in cooler
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 2, 2013
cleaning restarant and washing dishes peeling vegetables and stocking coolers.is was soso working here at beginning but not at end
Great Place to Work
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MBAugust 19, 2013
I learned a lot working at Canad Inns, really enjoyed being part of a team but also enjoyed that I got to work independently. Hardest part of the day was when the hotel was booked full and there was a deadline to have everything cleaned.
Pros
great gm
Cons
no cons, only con was my lifestyle at the time :(
another day another dollor
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Windsor Park Canad InnsMay 13, 2013
My typical day at Canad Inns, prepping coffee, tea, then serving the event. When they finish, I clean the room i will do the dishes. This job can be very overwhelming. New management has token over so I' am not familiar with them, my co-workers are very nice people. best part of my job is seeing my event walk out with a smile on the face, I feel like I did my job correct. I have learned all my serving skills from the people I worked with.
Pros
all the new skills i will always have
Cons
the schedule is never out on time
Exciting, fast paced, ever-changing work place
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Garden City, Transcona, Fort Garry, MetropolitanApril 25, 2013
As Executive Chef, required to over see all kitchen & administrative operations for all divisions of the company; Altos Garden Café, Tavern United, Banquets, The Oak Food Bar, Celebrations Dinner Theater, Catering, Metropolitan Center

In charged of maximizing productivity of the kitchen staff, as well as managing sous chef and chef de partie.

Strong ability to spot problems and resolve quickly and efficiently, while maintaining a level head, and delegate many kitchen tasks simultaneously.

Accountable to management for the production of budgeting, food & labor costing, menu planning, with the ability to implement corrective action when necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.

Customer service, with emphasis on customer satisfaction through exemplary quality and service.

Ability to step in on any area that requires assistance.
Pros
exciting and challangeing work place
Cons
long hours, poor work / life balance
low pay and very hectic place to work
Hotel Accountant (Former Employee) –  winnipeg, MBFebruary 24, 2013
flexible time. very low salary. some managers are very unprofessional. co-workers were very nice. hardest part of the job was to deal with some managers attitude. most enjoyable part was to have flexible time.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
low pay