Canad Inns Employee Reviews

Stay away....especially the Transcona location
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 October 2016
This is the absolute worse company that I have ever worked for. Was at the Transcona location and it was an absolute mess, led by a GM that knows nothing about managing but everything about screwing people over. No matter how hard you work the GM will always have something up his sleeve to make your job harder. Head office knows about this guy but doesn't care at all, no wonder this place is falling apart.

Seriously take your talent elsewhere, you deserve better than this!
Pros
50% discount
Cons
You'll regret the day you agreed to work there
Bring your resume elswewhere
Management (Former Employee) –  Rather not disclose26 July 2016
Having been a on the management team I can suggest to all prospectus applicants tgat you may want to reconsider dropping your resume off with Canad Inns.
When I was hired it was made clear to me there is an unwritten policy called "90 day wonders" this covert policy looks to eliminate employees before their 90 day review as a cost effective way of controlling labour costs.
Pros
You may only need a short term job
Cons
You can never expect management to deliver on their promises
Terribly managed
Disposable employee (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 May 2016
Regent location is terribly managed. Go talk to any staff there, most will tell you all about how the GM and head office is running things. This is the kind of company that jumps before it looks, then wonders why it didn't go well and then blames everything except themselves.

Looking for job security? Look elsewhere. Hoping to climb the ladder and get recognized for your hard work? Good luck with that. Looking for a place that cant even figure out how to properly schedule enough people for the assigned workload, forcing the scheduled employees to do the extra work? PERFECT! This may be the job for you. Lord knows they could use you. "use" being the perfect word here. Pay attention to the job postings and you will see alot of positions for Canad inns, it makes me wonder why. Oh wait ive met and seen the wisdom of head office and thier decisions and implementation. Its a wonder they still even exist. Someone do them a favour and just buy them out allready, it could be a good business with some leadership and advertising. But currently its not.

Lets not even talk about how much they care about their long time employees, like how they decided to not fire ( that would have been illegal) thier current staff, but that they didn't want any of them to represent thier new bar so they hire completely new barstaff for the transistion from the oak to nashilles (some who had no bar experience at all, ask around) while simply not giving old staff any shifts at all. These are some of the best bartenders in the business basically given the boot for untrained unprepared new staff. A
  more... friend of mine who is still on payroll and had worked there for years has not even had 1 shift since they lied to all the old staff telling them not to worry about thier jobs. This could be you in 5 years!  less
Pros
Not knowing you work and finding out your scheduled in 24 hours, This is a pro if you like a life where you cant plan or depend on your schedule, Its like a box of chocolates
Cons
The list is extensive, Before you apply, do some research and Seriously go down and find someone to honestly talk to about the company, Im writing this to try to help people, You have been warned.
Great place to grow
Banquet / Buffet / Line / Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  826 Regent Ave W, Winnipeg, MB11 March 2016
The staff and company are great for those who are looking to get settled in to a permanent position with a thriving organization.
low pay and very hectic place to work
Hotel Accountant (Former Employee) –  winnipeg, MB24 February 2013
flexible time. very low salary. some managers are very unprofessional. co-workers were very nice. hardest part of the job was to deal with some managers attitude. most enjoyable part was to have flexible time.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
low pay
Exciting, fast paced, ever-changing work place
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Garden City, Transcona, Fort Garry, Metropolitan25 April 2013
As Executive Chef, required to over see all kitchen & administrative operations for all divisions of the company; Altos Garden Café, Tavern United, Banquets, The Oak Food Bar, Celebrations Dinner Theater, Catering, Metropolitan Center

In charged of maximizing productivity of the kitchen staff, as well as managing sous chef and chef de partie.

Strong ability to spot problems and resolve quickly and efficiently, while maintaining a level head, and delegate many kitchen tasks simultaneously.

Accountable to management for the production of budgeting, food & labor costing, menu planning, with the ability to implement corrective action when necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.

Customer service, with emphasis on customer satisfaction through exemplary quality and service.

Ability to step in on any area that requires assistance.
Pros
exciting and challangeing work place
Cons
long hours, poor work / life balance
Easy job with great coworkers. Lots of laughs
Barback/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 September 2015
A typical day is never the same, because it is a nightclub.Some days you get the business, and others you don't. I learned a lot on how to become a better bartender by people who have bartended for over 20 years. So I learned a lot.

I love the coworkers over there. We all get a long and the shifts are never without a laugh,
Pros
Tips
Cons
You're up until 4am
another day another dollor
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Windsor Park Canad Inns13 May 2013
My typical day at Canad Inns, prepping coffee, tea, then serving the event. When they finish, I clean the room i will do the dishes. This job can be very overwhelming. New management has token over so I' am not familiar with them, my co-workers are very nice people. best part of my job is seeing my event walk out with a smile on the face, I feel like I did my job correct. I have learned all my serving skills from the people I worked with.
Pros
All the new skills i will always have
Cons
The schedule is never out on time
Physically exhasting
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 January 2015
Great for learning skills such as communication, leadership, and organization. Best place to experience physical work and learn team management capabilities, and to build extra muscle. Most enjoyable part is everyone works as a team.
Pros
Work experience
Productive and everyday is a learning process
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba2 June 2015
Customer service oriented. Working as team player. Most enjoyable part of the job is talking to different type of people and learning something form them.
Great Place to Work
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB19 August 2013
I learned a lot working at Canad Inns, really enjoyed being part of a team but also enjoyed that I got to work independently. Hardest part of the day was when the hotel was booked full and there was a deadline to have everything cleaned.
Pros
Great GM
Cons
no cons, only con was my lifestyle at the time :(
productive and fun workplace
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 September 2014
I just love cleaning.
people who i work with are very friendly and caring.
its very safe place to work
i enjoy working with Canad Inns team
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
fun place to work at
Busser,Barback (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 April 2012
worked in the bar so loud music drunk people and late hours good fun people to work with very messy sticky job.
Pros
saw my friends all the time
Cons
cant party on the weekends
wash dishes and stock shelves in cooler
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 December 2013
cleaning restarant and washing dishes peeling vegetables and stocking coolers.is was soso working here at beginning but not at end
NO GOOD