Modern Terminal Ltd, a lumber reload warehouse, is currently seeking one highly motivated forklift driver to work in our growing company. This position is open and immediately available.
The person in this position drives a forklift, which has forks and hydraulic lifting machinery. The forklift capacity will range from (11,000 lbs to 28,000 lbs capacity). The work involves loading and unloading lumber products.
Experience in driving forklift with license (experience essential) test will be conducted on site.
Valid DL class 5. Handling of lumber /panel products are preferred (2 years’ experience)
Essential Job Functions
- Operators will move material around the facility and stack it on pallets, small platforms or containers.
- Operators may refuel or recharge the vehicle, check the oil and battery lube it and make minor repairs and adjustments.
- Operators may also work as stock clerks or warehouse workers when not driving a forklift
- Operators must keep records of material moved and do some hand loading and unloading
- Preserve the environment safe and clean by following all safety precautions
- Drive forklift safely & carefully in order to avoid accidents and damage
- Accurate on record keeping and detail oriented on items stored throughout warehouse
Applicant must be 18 years of age or older , able to work in a warehouse with changing temperatures, and be able to lift 60 lbs.
Candidate(s) must own vehicle. Public transportation is not available on Mitchell Island.
Working days: Monday to Friday from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm (Overtime may be required)
If you are interested in this Forklift Driver position, please send resume to hr @ canaangroup.ca
We thank all applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or agency solicitations will be accepted.