Canaan Group Company is a Canadian-owned International Freight Forwarding organization. We are currently seeking one highly motivated and experienced Accountant Assistant to work part-time in our growing company.
This position will be responsible for general accounting payables functions in a logistics company of shipping lines and air-cargo transportation industry, reporting to Controller.
- Perform general bookkeeping duties on accounts payable recordings;
- Engaged in tracing sources of error correcting billing records for trucking company’s customers, Confers with operations department to resolve procedural problems in tracing sources of error;
- Identifying as well as posting of incoming invoices, with particular emphasis on ensuring that any queries plus anomalies are dealt with in a timely manner;
- Perform adhoc assignments as directed by management, e.g. back up accounts receivable accounting when other staff member on leave.
- Minimum 1 years accounting experience and familiar with Simply Accounting software.
- Second Language (Cantonese, Mandarin) preferred.
- Basic computer skills; Microsoft office, email, internet explorer, etc and ability to learn proprietary business software applications
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and prioritize work load in order to meet numerous deadlines.
- Positive attitude, friendly, outgoing personality.
- Willingness to learn and ask questions
- Self motivator and starter with little or no supervision
- Dependability with attention to details
** Candidate(s) must own vehicle. Public transportation is not available on Mitchell Island.
* Part-Time position requires work schedule of 24 hours per week.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or agency solicitations will be accepted.