CANA UTILITIES Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
management are nice
Power line technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 9, 2016
nice to work in this company workers are kind and helpul you can ask them if you dont know the job, equipment are cool and i learn much of the job that are new to me,the hardest part is to climb the pole but its are part of the our job, enjoyable part of the job is when your done your work.
Pros
PPE Allowance
Cons
8 hrs
Hard working people there
Power line Technician -Lineman (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 14, 2015
hard working culture in this company , god projects all the time but with a lack of workers all the time , a lot of international lineman and different cultures there . really nice enviroment
Pros
hard working linemans
Cons
lack of journeymans
not what I had hoped for
Excavator operator (Former Employee) –  calgaryApril 19, 2014
Miscommunication. Or outright lack thereof. No apparent sense of concern for their employees. I didn't stay long.
Pros
steady work. decent pay.
They were ok
Journeyman - Certified Powerline Technician (Former Employee) –  CalgaryJanuary 12, 2014
The company was in line with international standards. Safety was a priority.
After a productive day because i work alone most times i do prep work for the next day after having my supper. watch TV then retire to bed.
Powerline Technician & Auditor (Former Employee) –  Northern Alberta May 02 2013 ( and not October)October 18, 2013
Locating customers transformers with the aid of GPS and maps. i learnt how to find the coordinates with the range roads and township roads.work alone for the most part but when around my co-worker everything is fine. Walking in very thick snow for long period.Achieving and surpast my set target for the day.
Pros
out of base or overnight allowance
Cons
long travelling hours
Review
Safety Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 6, 2012
Not what I expected from a company that's been around for 70 years. Poor management!!

Looking for a company that supports there employees in a HUGE WAY!! I would expect my future employer to be very supportive. It's what generates good employees to do there best.

2.9