Location: Savannah, Georgia
Salary: $61 to $64/Hour USD
Per Diem: $110/Wk
Split Rate: $1140/wk (so the first $1140 per week is not taxable)
Contract Duration: 1 to 4 years (4-year maximum)
Position Purpose: Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services.
- Current knowledge of airborne data acquisition systems, transducer applications, calibration techniques, and aircraft systems.
- Experience with IADS and PCM encoders/signal conditioners, preferably TTC CDAU & HEIM system is highly desirable.
- Experience with Honeywell ASCB, ARINC-664, & ARINC-429 data bus interfaces is a plus.
- Independently conceive, plan, develop, coordinate, and direct Instrumentation activities on a variety of complex Flight Test projects.
- Represent the department in meetings, flight briefings, and in the interface with customers and suppliers. Demonstrate creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in anticipating and solving complex engineering problems.
- Actively participate on project teams to support product development, reliability improvements, and production initiatives.
- Apply extensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles in the evaluation and selection of test equipment to satisfy measurement and environmental requirements.
- Perform circuit and wiring design, and provide guidance to engineers for the design of safe hardware installations.
- Supervise and maintain instrumentation equipment configuration control on test aircraft.
- Generate and maintain data configuration files in the measurement database.
- Provide aircraft test operational support by directing on-board calibrations, data system operation, and troubleshooting.
- Provide technical guidance and training to engineers, technicians, and customers.
- Actively develop improvements in calibration procedures and standard practices to ensure quality and efficiency.
- Maintain a current knowledge of advances in data acquisition technology and recommend innovations to improve the quality, economy, and effectiveness of flight test instrumentation systems.
- Support the specification and development of new data systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects
2. Provides specialized technical assistance to team members
3. Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
4. Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives
5. Works under limited supervision; work should only be required to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives
6. Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area
7. Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements
8. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product
9. Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred
10. The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline
Bachelors degree in engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Five (5) years in the specific technical discipline or 10 years broad engineering experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors, or 3 years in the specific technical discipline with Masters, or 1 year in the specific technical discipline with PhD.
Indeed - 17 months ago
Can-Tech Services was founded in Toronto in August 1974.
Our company's founder, Jorg Geissler, began his career as a contract design...