Can-Tech Services is looking for Maintenance Electrician for an automotive manufacturing company.
Position: Maintenance Electrician
Pay: Depends on Experience
Assignment: Permanent position
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum Grade 12 mathematics with a minimum 5 years work experience in a similar role ideally in production orientated environment, with emphasis on stamping, presses, forming, and welding processes
- Holds a Valid Electrician's license, with knowledge of applicable electric codes
- Working knowledge of electric circuitry consisting of relays, PC and PLC logic (i.e. Allen Bradley, Omron) * Hands-on experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, and mechanical theory
- Basic machine shop skills (i.e. lathes, grinders, welding and milling machines) * Ability to use programming devices for troubleshooting and modification of programs
- Ability to perform basic wiring work, conduit bending and control cabinet wiring
- Ability to identify causes of problems and develops methods to correct these problems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good organization skills, be a self-starter and a team player
- Good understanding of the requirements as per the Occupational Health and Safety Act
Critical Success Factors:
- Excellent attendance
- Ability to work efficiently with no supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment and be a Team Player
- Flexibility to work overtime as required
- Ability to maintain records in an organized and tidy manner
- Support Quality Systems and Environmental Management Systems Requirements
- Respecting and understanding of the Customer / Supplier relationship
- Ensure that all duties and tasks are carried out in a safe and efficient manner and at
no time is the employee or their co-workers placed in an unsafe condition
- Troubleshoots and maintains production equipment, which includes electrical, hydraulic, mechanic, and pneumatic systems. Works from wiring diagrams, engineering drawings and equipment specifications
- Repairs and replaces electric and electronic components such as motors,
contactors, relays, timers, and kind of switches, PLC's, light curtains, motor controls, etc.
- Make calculations for load requirements for circuits and chooses appropriate size and grade components
- Runs new power supply lines to new and relocated equipment according to
- Hydro codes and other applicable standards and regulations. Works to IEE wiring regulations, Electrical Safety Code and company codes
- Wires new control panels according to drawings, and verbal instructions under consideration of Hydro Codes and other applicable standards, and regulations.
- Locates and diagnoses faults on electrical equipment or systems which may involve complex interlocking or interrelated circuits
- Informs electrical supervisor about changes in electric circuits or updates the original diagrams.
- Works primarily on voltages up to 575V
- Maintains and adjusts electrical supply and production equipment to maximize operating performance.
- Helps to maintain electric spare part inventory levels in stock room
- Maintains work order and preventive/predictive maintenance system by filling
in the required forms
- Read and write electrical and electronic schematics as well as read basic hydraulic and pneumatic circuits
- Install, examine, replace and repair electronic wiring, receptacles,
- switch boxes, conduits, feeders, cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity,
- current, voltage and resistance
- Follow all safety rules inside plant and occupational health and safety
Interested Candidates please submit your resumes to this posting and qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
If we had to sum up Can-Tech with specific words, we would call ourselves: