Can-Tech Services is looking for Maintenance Electrician for an automotive manufacturing company.
Position: Maintenance Electrician
Pay: Depends on Experience
Assignment: Permanent position
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum Grade 12 mathematics with a minimum 5 years work experience in a similar role ideally in production orientated environment, with emphasis on stamping, presses, forming, and welding processes
- Holds a Valid Electrician's license, with knowledge of applicable electric codes
- Working knowledge of electric circuitry consisting of relays, PC and PLC logic (i.e. Allen Bradley, Omron) * Hands-on experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, and mechanical theory
- Basic machine shop skills (i.e. lathes, grinders, welding and milling machines) * Ability to use programming devices for troubleshooting and modification of programs
- Ability to perform basic wiring work, conduit bending and control cabinet wiring
- Ability to identify causes of problems and develops methods to correct these problems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good organization skills, be a self-starter and a team player
- Good understanding of the requirements as per the Occupational Health and Safety Act
Critical Success Factors:
- Excellent attendance
- Ability to work efficiently with no supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment and be a Team Player
- Flexibility to work overtime as required
- Ability to maintain records in an organized and tidy manner
- Support Quality Systems and Environmental Management Systems Requirements
- Respecting and understanding of the Customer / Supplier relationship
- Ensure that all duties and tasks are carried out in a safe and efficient manner and at
no time is the employee or their co-workers placed in an unsafe condition
- Troubleshoots and maintains production equipment, which includes electrical, hydraulic, mechanic, and pneumatic systems. Works from wiring diagrams, engineering drawings and equipment specifications
- Repairs and replaces electric and electronic components such as motors,
contactors, relays, timers, and kind of switches, PLC's, light curtains, motor controls, etc.
- Make calculations for load requirements for circuits and chooses appropriate size and grade components
- Runs new power supply lines to new and relocated equipment according to
- Hydro codes and other applicable standards and regulations. Works to IEE wiring regulations, Electrical Safety Code and company codes
- Wires new control panels according to drawings, and verbal instructions under consideration of Hydro Codes and other applicable standards, and regulations.
- Locates and diagnoses faults on electrical equipment or systems which may involve complex interlocking or interrelated circuits
- Informs electrical supervisor about changes in electric circuits or updates the original diagrams.
- Works primarily on voltages up to 575V
- Maintains and adjusts electrical supply and production equipment to maximize operating performance.
- Helps to maintain electric spare part inventory levels in stock room
- Maintains work order and preventive/predictive maintenance system by filling
in the required forms
- Read and write electrical and electronic schematics as well as read basic hydraulic and pneumatic circuits
- Install, examine, replace and repair electronic wiring, receptacles,
- switch boxes, conduits, feeders, cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity,
- current, voltage and resistance
- Follow all safety rules inside plant and occupational health and safety
Interested Candidates please submit your resumes to this posting and qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.