Position: Facilities Coordinator
Posting Date: September 19, 2013
Location: Campus View Residence – Owen Sound
990 16th Ave E., Owen Sound, ON.
Department: Maintenance & Facilities
Start Date: As soon as possible
Interviews: To be determined
Application Deadline: September 29, 2013 by 11:59 pm EST
Instructions: Applications must include a current resume and cover letter. Applications must be submitted via our Careers website:
Special Notes: Only selected applicants will be notified if they have been chosen to take part in an interview process.
Position Summary and Job Magnitude
The Facilities Coordinator will be actively involved in co-coordinating the building maintenance, developing preventative maintenance routines and ensuring a safe environment. The Facilities Coordinator should be capable of minor maintenance repairs and introductory administrative tasks.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
Preventative maintenance is necessary for all aspects of keeping the building running smoothly. Some of the responsibilities involved with this position include but are not limited to:
- Perform minor maintenance repairs as requested by tenants
- Respond to emails and perform basic administrative tasks
- Frequently communicates with the Off-Campus Housing Coordinator regarding time management and the use of contractors, controlling expenditures and completing tasks to a high standard.
- Plans, coordinates, and executes projects with an emphasis on achieving objectives within deadlines and focusing on quality.
- Develops maintenance routines and ensures compliance with maintenance routines in order to ensure an effective preventative maintenance program.
- Ensures that all areas of the facility are clean and ensure proper janitorial routines are created in order to maximize the serviceable life of the finishes.
- Must be available on-call for after hours emergencies
Performance will be primarily measured on the following factors:
- Inter-Personal Skills
- Customer Service
- Skill & Knowledge * Quality of Desired Results
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Organizing & Planning
- Overall Performance
- Health & Safety Responsibilities
Education: Completed post-secondary education or equivalent experience
Skills/Abilities: Must be knowledgeable of basic maintenance tasks
Must be organized
Must be able to perform basic administrative duties
Must possess positive attitude towards work and learning
Must be able to handle multiple projects at once
Experience Required: Must have 2 years of experience working in a residential or commercial building; Minimum 2 years of experience in a supervisory role
Hours per Week: Part-Time 16-24 hours per week (Full time hours not guaranteed)
Indoor/Outdoor: Indoor and some Outdoor
Level of Interruption: High level of interruption
Stress Level: Moderate overall stress level (Peak stress levels in September)
Travel Outside of Location: Minimal
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is Campus Living Centres policy to promote equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Campus Living Centres does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status or sexual orientation. Campus Living Centres prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the grounds listed above. This applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and promotion.
If you require accommodation in order to successfully submit an application, please email us to make your accommodation request with our Human Resource Department
The Facilities Coordinator position requires an individual with a unique combination of skills and experience. This position works frequent irregular hours including extended workdays; attendance at evening and weekend meetings and programs. On-site accommodations are required with this position.
Salary will be based on experience and education.
Manager, Off Campus Housing