Position: Customer Service Representative
Posting Date: March 3, 2014
Location: Sheridan Residence Davis Campus
7897 McLaughlin Road Brampton, ON L6Y 5H9
Department: Residence Service, Front Desk
Start Date: April 1, 2014 (Approx.)
Interviews: March 17, 2014 (Approx.)
Application Deadline: March 14, 2014 by 4:00pm EST
Instructions: Applications must include a current resume and a cover letter Applications should be submitted via: http://campuslivingcentres.snaphire.com/home
Special Notes: Only selected applicants will be notified if they have been chosen to take part in an interview process.
Position Summary and Job Magnitude
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for maintaining customer satisfaction at all times. They must be able to relate and understand the customer to attend to their needs and ensure they leave wanting to come back again. The Customer Service Representative has an important role, as they are the first person a customer sees when they arrive and the last person they interact with when they leave.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Demonstrate a high degree of customer service
- Be able to use Campus Living Centres computer software
- Make key cards and know how to access and use building keys appropriately and responsibly
- Maintain video surveillance and ensure that cameras are recording at all times
- Produce assigned front office reports and tasks
- Communicate pertinent information between staff
- Know how to handle phone calls with patience and decorum
- Respect guest privacy
- Keep track of where business comes from (walk-in, balloon, previous guest, etc.)
- Knowledge of emergency procedures
- Knowledge of Residence Life procedures
- Know who to contact for various situations
- Ensure the room status is updated from the housekeeping department
- Handle in a professional manner; reservations, check-ins, Check-outs, and account settlement
- Maintain the appearance of the desk, lobby and office area at all times
- Understanding of building departments, including maintenance and housekeeping
- Any other duties as assigned
Performance will be primarily measured on the following factors:
- Inter-Personal Skills
- Customer Service
- Skill & Knowledge * Quality of Desired Results
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Organizing & Planning
- Overall Performance
Education: High School Diploma, College or University preferred
Experience Required: Minimum of 2 year industry experience or equivalent management experience
- Must possess superior verbal communication skills
- Must possess superior customer service skills
- Must possess superior positive attitude
- Must be able to handle multiple projects at once
Hours per Week: 40
Level of Interruption: High level of interruption
Stress Level: Moderate overall stress level
Travel Outside of Location: Minimal
Campus Living Centres manages on-campus and off-campus residences with over 12,000 beds at
14 institutions across Canada. For additional information about Campus Living Centres please visit www.campuslivingcentres.com/careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is Campus Living Centres policy to promote equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Campus Living Centres does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status or sexual orientation. Campus Living Centres prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the grounds listed above. This non-discrimination policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and promotion.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation in order to successfully submit an application, please email us to make your accommodation request via human resource department.
Open Application Process
Each applicant will receive either an email or phone call regarding their status by the time the posting for the position they have applied for closes. Due to the volume of interested applicants, only those candidates considered for the position will be contacted directly by a member of our team.
Protection of Privacy
Salary will be based on experience and education.