FRONT OFFICE MANAGER
CAMPUS TOWER SUITE HOTEL, EDMONTON, ALBERTA
Our culture is rooted in our values and leadership accountability; and as part of that culture we believe in the growth and development of our Ambassadors. The Front Office Manager leads and maintains Guest Services standards while ensuring alignment with the hotels’ long-term strategy. This position will also ensure continued growth and development of the Front Office team and to maximize operational efficiencies, customer service, and profitability.
The Front Office Manager position requires a flexible schedule based on business and work load levels.
Shift schedule hours are from 10am-6:30pm with two weekday days off.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Business Leadership – Taking the company into the future, defining its direction, establishing goals, adapting to external factors, seeking opportunities for growth and/or improvements, anticipating requirements, and managing change.
- Operational Leadership – Putting in place the systems, structures, and disciplined practices required to manage results. This includes planning and prioritizing, providing clear direction, ensuring accountability, and monitoring the achievement of financial, quality, safety, and other key business measures.
- People & Culture Leadership – Connecting with and engaging Ambassadors in their work, and ensuring that Ambassadors feel recognized and valued. Creating a work environment based on the hotel’s Values. Responsible for building a team with the right people in the right roles and managing performance.
- Guest & Community Leadership - To lead service excellence in line with the Campus Tower Suite Hotel & Coast Values, and to maintain a positive reputation through community contribution.
- Assist the Director of Operations in attainment of occupancy targets as well as occupancy of the weekly and daily occupancy forecasts - ensuring inventory is balanced in hotel PMS and all external OTA sites)
- Actively involved in the continuous improvement of driving revenue and improving efficiencies
- Ensure guest satisfaction levels and standards of quality of service in addition to actively developing and implementing new systems and standards
- Bring innovation and creativity to all aspects of the role
- Handling of guests comments and complaints, ensuring guests needs are exceeded
- Interviewing and recruitment of Front Office staff
- Creating and maintaining Campus Tower Suite Hotel values that fosters improved morale and retention of employees
- Ensures efficient training and development of front office staff by means of detailed systems, policies and procedures in the Front Office (training manuals, checklists, etc.)
- Oversees and participates in guest relations ensuring satisfaction of VIP and special attention reservations
- Gives effective support to staff for the daily operational tasks to be completed and assists in all matters pertaining to the Front Office
- Organizes, co-ordinates and supervises training, conduct regular training sessions and communications meetings
- Responsible for development and performance management of all Front Desk ambassadors
- Coordinating and communicating pertinent information to all other departments to ensure the highest level of guest service
- Oversees the training of all ambassadors in hotel emergency procedures, general crisis situation procedures and keeping health and safety in the forefront
- Ensures that all controls are in place and are adhered to, i.e. rates, rate codes, OTA sites, inventory balancing, extra charges, etc.
- Responsible for coordinating with Sales on the preparations for incoming meetings and groups (pre-arrival, arrival and departure duties: room assignment, routing, cot assignments, billing and any special requirements)
- Maintain on ongoing training and incentive & motivation programs for the front desk team
- Responsible for all details of ambassador administration: scheduling, payroll administration and inventory control
- Responsible for cash float and completing daily balancing of hotel cash
- Responsible for hotel goals that help to achieve ASI, GSI, RevPAR, GOP yearly objectives
- Manage the hotel in the absence of the Director of Operations and General Manager
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- 2 years’ experience in a Front Office with Supervisor or Assistant Front Office Manager experience
- Computer literacy required: Hotel Concept Property Manager or another property management system, Excel, Word, Power point, Internet savvy
- Dynamic, organized, enthusiastic, creative, flexible leader who thrives under pressure and is able to perform multiple functions at the same time
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal and customer service skills
- Strong problem resolution skills and conflict resolution skills to resolve issues within a functional area
- Positive attitude and confident demeanor
- Proven leadership skills which supports an environment of ambassador growth and development, interdepartmental teamwork and exceptional customer service
- A leader who will lead, teach, guide and support front office ambassadors to deliver superior service
- Excellent knowledge of health and safety regulations
- Understanding of legislation and regulations (i.e., WCB, employment standards)
- Completion of post-secondary education, Hospitality Hotel Management Diploma an asset
- Personal alignment with Campus Tower & Coast’s values and corporate culture required
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Campus Tower Suite Hotel offers a variety of benefits, including competitive wages & benefits, employee discounts, training & development, career advancement opportunities and more!
Please submit your resume with cover letter, by November 30, 2013
People & Culture Department
Campus Tower Suite Hotel
Indeed - 5 months ago
Campus Tower Suite Hotel provides 90 spacious modern suites. It has been the recipient of the AHLA Employer of Choice award for the last 4...