Campus Living Centres

Campus Living Centres Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Resident Advisor Position
Resident Advisor (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJune 9, 2015
Pros: Plenty of Job Experience
Cons: Long Hours & Unorganized, Unprofessional Management Team.
The job position stated the importance of school during the job. Yet, they didn't follow through. I still remember this event- I received a text from my supervisor asking me when I was available. I said after class. And she told me to come in 5 minutes after my class finished. She knows I don't have a car to drive. So how am I suppose to get there on time? Unreasonable? Definitely. There is so much more to touch on but that's one of the several events I will never forget.
In short:
-Supervisor was very unorganized
-Tasks were not clearly stated
-Unprofessional management team
-Work times were not posted until the morning of
Pros:
-Getting to know your students
-Job training in Ottawa (completely different atmosphere then the actual job). Professional and knowledgable.
-Co-workers were enjoyable to work with
Alright
Resident Advisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 12, 2015
Pros: I lived where my work was
Cons: I lived where my work was
I went in to the job with a high expectation. My first real experience was a conference that really pumped everybody up and got everybody excited, however our supervisors made us feel like we were children who couldn't do anything right. The primary focus of the job was to be involved with our communities and make sure that they knew we were a person they could trust with any personal problems (i.e: drug abuse, bullying, assaults, etc.). What the most paid time came from accounted for being "rez police" (breaking up parties, giving warnings, doing Incident Reports, etc). The best part of the job was talking and getting involved with students. The hardest part of the job was when to say no to unsafe or unpaid work. The biggest thing I learned was that I can't solve everyone's problems, I can only help them solve their own problems.
ok
Property Accountant - Contracted Term Work (Former Employee), Kingston, ONApril 26, 2015
Ok job, fair pay. Great hours and cool people to work with.
Alright job, good pay. Good hours and great people to work with.
It sounds great but too good to be true
janitorial (Current Employee), North Bay OntarioFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great working with students
Cons: horrible cowardly management
The general manager plays favorites and bullies his staff. He managed to either fire or force good staff out of a job and keep it from head office. Its an unhealthy work environment and unless your buddies with the manager you will be finished beforer you start.
Good part-time job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), OttawaNovember 4, 2014
It's good as a part time job while you're in school. I wouldn't recommend it for full-time work as there is no consistency with scheduling and it can get boring at times. The amount of responsibility vs the amount you are being paid do not add up.
Good work environment.
House Keeping and Maintenance (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONJuly 8, 2013
I punch into work, grab required tools and begin either painting or house keeping. Staff is very easy to get along with. Management is easy going and very understandable.
Unrealistic expectations, and low pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 4, 2012
Pros: none.
Cons: long hours, no lunch or breaks, management is disorganized
This company falls flat on almost every aspect of an "enjoyable" job. There is very little chance for advancement, the schedule is disorganized and often incorrect, there is very little communication, and the position is unclear.