Position: Property Accountant
Posting Date: July 16, 2013
Location: Kingston Financial Office
847 Princess St., Suite 201, Kingston, ON., K7L 1G9
Department: Finance & Accounting
Start Date: ASAP
Application Deadline: July 21, 2012 by 11:59pm EST
Instructions: Applications must include a current resume and cover letter. Applications must be submitted via our Careers website:
Special Notes: Only selected applicants will be notified if they have been chosen to take part in an interview process.
Position Summary and Job Magnitude
The Property Accountant reports to the Accounting Supervisor and completes accounts payable and receivable tasks. The Property Accountant is well-organized, pays attention to detail and is capable of working under minimal supervision.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Accurate and timely processing of invoices for suppliers on a regular basis.
- Cash disbursements for invoices, as well as student refunds, petty cash re-imbursements and other cheque requisitions as requested.
- Month-end balancing of accounts payable.
- Recording Cash Receipts on a daily basis and/ or as received.
- Recording returned items, bank charges and other such items as required.
- Reconciliation of bank statements on a monthly basis.
- Reconciliation of Guest Ledger to G/L with respect to Student Deposits, O/S receipts and Deferred Revenue.
- General Journals/ Recurring Journals to be made to maintain accurate financial reports.
- Maintaining spreadsheets with regards to prepaid, accruals, Property accounts and other such accounts.
- Other duties that may arise in order to complete required financial reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Accounting Supervisor/ Director of Finance.
Performance will be primarily measured on the following factors:
- Inter-Personal Skills
- Customer Service
- Skill & Knowledge * Quality of Desired Results
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Organizing & Planning
- Overall Performance
- Health & Safety Responsibilities
Education: Recognized College Diploma or University Degree, preference given to those with Post-Secondary education in Accounting
Experience Required: Minimum of 3-5 years industry experience or equivalent management experience
- Be computer literate with experience in an automated office environment utilizing Microsoft applications and accounting applications
- Strong organizational, communications, and customer service skills; verbal & written.
- Demonstrated ability to cope with a demanding workload and meet deadlines
- Yardi Voyager knowledge required with respect to balancing trial balance to AR Tie Out, deposit accounting and rent rolls.
Salary will be based on experience and education.