CAMP SHOMRIA is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic nursing student currently enrolled in RN or RPN program (4 th year only) to work at our residential summer camp located on beautiful Otty Lake near Perth Ontario.
Current Standard First Aid/CPR C required. Minimum 20 years of age as of June 29th.
Summer camp experience (even as a camper) would be an asset.
EMPLOYMENT DATES: June 29th- August 10th (Candidate must also attend OCA Health Care one day workshop in May, and at least one Staff Training one day seminar in May or June)
SOME KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- review of all medical forms and share pertinent information with the appropriate individuals
- health education for both campers and staff
- handling and administration of all daily medications
- assessment and documentation of all health issues
- maintaining all first aids kits including trip and waterfront
- contact campers’ parents regarding medical issues
- maintain safety and health standards
- set up medical centre at start of camp, and inventory, pack and close medical centre at end of camp
We look forward to hearing from you!