The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for the accurate and timely processing of payroll, performing various clerical and accounting tasks such as data management and keeping employee information that is relevant to payroll purposes up to date.
Other duties will be assigned as necessary.
- Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school required.
- PCP or CPM designation or working towards one of them
- College Degree in relevant field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years working experience required.
- Work experience in accounting preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of payroll and payroll tax laws required.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, and e-mail required with advanced Excel skills.
- Clear written and verbal communications skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good data entry skills.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Process bi-weekly payroll for all salaried and hourly employees, as well as commission and other payments.
- Compile payroll data such as garnishments, vacation time, insurance and other deductions.
- Extract timesheets and review work hours for completeness and accuracy.
- Ensure that hours are categorized and allocated to correct cost centers.
- For electronic time clocks, contact supervisors for any missed times.
- Process data to the Payroll Provider.
- Create required internal management reports from the payroll system.
- Adhere to all procedures and policies.
- Create payroll profiles for all new employees as advised by HR.
- Maintain employee profiles, ensuring that they are up to date.
- Ensure all wage changes are made accurately and in time for effected pay periods.
- Follow payroll procedures for terminated employees.
- Stay current with payroll regulations, standards and work methods.
- Verify pay slip count with employee count and ensure the timely distribution of the pay slips.
- Reconcile payroll totals and ensure all deductions to financial Institutions and health benefit plans are made as scheduled.
- Ensure accurate processing of sick pay, benefits and vacation payouts.
- Respond to employee and government agency inquiries in regards to payroll.
- Ensure the creation and timely distribution of T4s.
- Adhere to all policies and follow established procedures.
- Provide support for other accounting and finance projects as assigned
Competitive wages and employee benefit package including RRSP matching
Indeed - 12 months ago
Located in Nisku, Alberta, Canada, Camex Equipment has been providing a one stop shop for your oilfield equipment and transportation needs...