The Junior IT Support Technician will be responsible for providing operational desktop support to the IT system users of Camex Equipment Sales & Rentals Inc. and work with either the Senior Technician or 3rd party support vendors to insure that uninterrupted IT services are available.
- Respond to and resolve issues related to the operation of desktop and laptop computers, mobile devices (that involve a data connection to the Camex servers), printers, and computer peripherals. Issues may include hardware troubleshooting and repair, operating system configuration, and application support for standard software suites (Microsoft Office, Adobe, and support utilities).
- Configure, test and install new hardware and software under the direction of the Senior Technician or 3rd party support vendor.
- Test, verify and install software patches and desktop system upgrades.
- Monitor desktop systems for viruses and remove as required.
- Insure desktop and their use conform to Camex standards and policies.
- Liaise with 3rd party software vendors to resolve application support issues.
- Perform routine maintenance on servers and network infrastructure as directed by the Senior Technician or 3rd party support vendor.
- Maintain an accurate log of support issues and their resolution.
- Maintain a high level of technical knowledge related to the infrastructure and systems used by Camex.
- Periodically report to Camex management on activities.
- Make recommendations to Camex management to improve the operational efficiency of the Camex IT systems.
- Other duties as assigned by Camex management
Indeed - 11 months ago
Located in Nisku, Alberta, Canada, Camex Equipment has been providing a one stop shop for your oilfield equipment and transportation needs...