Cameron

Cameron Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
IT Remote Support
Service Delivery Desktop Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 4, 2014
The Service Delivery Desktop Technician (Tech) is part of a global support team that provides local business hour support to Cameron. Service Delivery works directly with our internal customers (Cameron employees and contractors) to provide desktop support both locally and remotely. The Service Delivery Technician (Tech) is responsible for the daily – more... tasks of the local support team. The Tech is responsible for resolving as many incidents as possible, within their scope and within SLA’s, while observing and reinforcing Cameron IT policies and standards. This position will report to the local Site Coordinator as part of Corporate IT Infrastructure. This position will be responsible for traditional desktop technical support – PC’s, peripherals, PDA’s, mobile devices, networked printers, standard office productivity applications, Cameron-specific applications, user ID administration, equipment deployments, local servers, local network appliances, and asset/inventory management. Additional duties, projects, or IT initiatives may also require assistance from the Tech. – less
work
Hydro test (Former Employee), New Iberia, LAFebruary 18, 2014
Wonderful company to work for. Left to better myself, but would love to go back.
workers wer camped in a recreational hostel, where facilities for indoor and outside games were available.
Rigger (Former Employee), Port Harcourt head office, and Onne sea portFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: easy staff transportation logistics.
Cons: health care was paramount.
there was a typical management employees relationship, where the workers union had the interest of the management and the workers at heart. It was a project that started with a few staff and grew up to 8000 workers by the end of the project. working conditions were not typically hard as we enjoyed carrying out our regular duties with some state of the – more... art machinery. – less
Production
Sewing machine operator canvas boat covers (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 10, 2014
Sewing windows in canvas boat covers. Meet some really nice people.
Good Benefits
Estimator (Former Employee), New Iberia, LAFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: great co-workers & room for growth
Cons: poor management & training
A typical day at cameron new iberia was slow as work was not very constant so you found time working on side projects. I learned SAP skills, how to build a job from the ground up and cost it out for the bid process and I also learned to work on my own with not much guidance. No hard part to the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was when we got – more... work and we bid the job and decided on what areas we would build and could maintain at the facility. – less
Challenging and Satisfying
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: job security
-Knowledgeable staff
-Multi faceted role for project engineers
Staying busy
Designer (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2014
Cameron is a very good company to work for. Benifits are the best I have seen. Management is very good.
Profesional and Friendly
Account Manager at Cameron (Former Employee), London, ENGFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: large company with great resources
Cons: corporate culture
Market leading Oil and Gas engineering company. Employing 25,000 people, Cameron is a global player in the industry.
Not well integrated
Buyer II (Current Employee), Vicksburg, MSJanuary 20, 2014
I work for one of the Cameron acquisitions. and Cameron has done a very poor job assimilating the facility into their corporate structure. After 2 1/2 years Many things are still left undone.
Great place to work with a lot of growth potential.
Senior Designer (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2014
Great place to work with a lot of growth potential. Company is very advanced and uses the latest in technology.
Project Manager
Project Manager (Current Employee), HoustonJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: overcome any/all obstacles
Cons: enjoy the challenge
maintain project margins
focused on customer satisfaction
Focused on Team development and overall success
I believe in winning
Good Company to get your feet wet in O&G
Lead Project Manager (Current Employee), HoustonJanuary 19, 2014
Cameron was a great way to get introduced into the Oil and Gas industry. It has great training programs and upon graduation usually has good placement into a full time role.
N/A
Supply Chain Super User (Current Employee), Millbury, MAJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Great company to work for. I have worked for another Multinational Company but Cameron truly cares about it's employees.
Very productive days making sure everything was running.
Compressor Mechanic (Former Employee), Farmington, NMJanuary 18, 2014
Liked working on the heavy equipment. Very hands on job overhauling the compressors.
They did not care about my disability
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: they did not care about my disability
Cons: they did not care about my disability
They did not care about my disability. Se previous review it wss the same place.
Productive , Knowledgable
Inside Sales (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: great safety meetings
Cons: favor employees
During the work day I would communicate with my customers on scheduling through shop for actuate delivery.
Supportive company, great starting position
Mechanical Designer - Package Group (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: strong community
Cons: little room for advancement
First major company I worked for, entry level.
Learned the engineering process of the design and manufacturing of centrifugal compressors. Experience in high-pressure piping codes, basic structural design for support bases.
Assigned to a major project, which allowed me to gain a large amount of overall experience into the entire engineering process.
Co-workers – more... were generally pleasant, and willing to help.
The actual tasks assigned were underwhelming though, and there was a lack of upward mobility. – less
Long hours; minimal time for a life.
Sales and Marketing Trainee (Current Employee), Pearsall, TXJanuary 2, 2014
The program is a great program, yet it is one of the worst schedules (depending on your location) in the oilfield and in pretty much every other industry as well. The pay is amazing but sometimes money isn't everything.
great place to work
CAMSERV NSAM (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 11, 2013
Cameron is a very good working environment. My colleagues are easy to work with. It has been a great learning experience regarding the oil and gas industry. My knowledge and expertise has grown over the past eight years with Cameron.
Small office with huge corporation benefits.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 11, 2013
Pros: great benefits, paid parking, many perks and good people to work with.
Cons: over the course of 12 years employment the office dynamic changed, managers changed and more employees were added.
I thoroughly enjoyed my 12 years with Cameron. When I was hired there were 2 Sr. account representatives, a City Sales manager and the US Western Regional manager. The USWR manager and City Sales manager traveled extensively and the sales reps sent a lot of time calling on clients. I was frequently in sole charge of the office.

About Cameron

Cameron International knows how to work under pressure. A leading manufacturer, provider, and servicer of oil and gas industry – Read more