Cameron

Cameron Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Profesional and Friendly
Account Manager at Cameron (Former Employee), London, ENGFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: large company with great resources
Cons: corporate culture
Market leading Oil and Gas engineering company. Employing 25,000 people, Cameron is a global player in the industry.
Not well integrated
Buyer II (Current Employee), Vicksburg, MSJanuary 20, 2014
I work for one of the Cameron acquisitions. and Cameron has done a very poor job assimilating the facility into their corporate structure. After 2 1/2 years Many things are still left undone.
Great place to work with a lot of growth potential.
Senior Designer (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2014
Great place to work with a lot of growth potential. Company is very advanced and uses the latest in technology.
Project Manager
Project Manager (Current Employee), HoustonJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: overcome any/all obstacles
Cons: enjoy the challenge
maintain project margins
focused on customer satisfaction
Focused on Team development and overall success
I believe in winning
Good Company to get your feet wet in O&G
Lead Project Manager (Current Employee), HoustonJanuary 19, 2014
Cameron was a great way to get introduced into the Oil and Gas industry. It has great training programs and upon graduation usually has good placement into a full time role.
N/A
Supply Chain Super User (Current Employee), Millbury, MAJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Great company to work for. I have worked for another Multinational Company but Cameron truly cares about it's employees.
Very productive days making sure everything was running.
Compressor Mechanic (Former Employee), Farmington, NMJanuary 18, 2014
Liked working on the heavy equipment. Very hands on job overhauling the compressors.
They did not care about my disability
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: they did not care about my disability
Cons: they did not care about my disability
They did not care about my disability. Se previous review it wss the same place.
Productive , Knowledgable
Inside Sales (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: great safety meetings
Cons: favor employees
During the work day I would communicate with my customers on scheduling through shop for actuate delivery.
Supportive company, great starting position
Mechanical Designer - Package Group (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: strong community
Cons: little room for advancement
First major company I worked for, entry level.
Learned the engineering process of the design and manufacturing of centrifugal compressors. Experience in high-pressure piping codes, basic structural design for support bases.
Assigned to a major project, which allowed me to gain a large amount of overall experience into the entire engineering process.
Co-workers – more... were generally pleasant, and willing to help.
The actual tasks assigned were underwhelming though, and there was a lack of upward mobility. – less
Long hours; minimal time for a life.
Sales and Marketing Trainee (Current Employee), Pearsall, TXJanuary 2, 2014
The program is a great program, yet it is one of the worst schedules (depending on your location) in the oilfield and in pretty much every other industry as well. The pay is amazing but sometimes money isn't everything.
great place to work
CAMSERV NSAM (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 11, 2013
Cameron is a very good working environment. My colleagues are easy to work with. It has been a great learning experience regarding the oil and gas industry. My knowledge and expertise has grown over the past eight years with Cameron.
Small office with huge corporation benefits.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 11, 2013
Pros: great benefits, paid parking, many perks and good people to work with.
Cons: over the course of 12 years employment the office dynamic changed, managers changed and more employees were added.
I thoroughly enjoyed my 12 years with Cameron. When I was hired there were 2 Sr. account representatives, a City Sales manager and the US Western Regional manager. The USWR manager and City Sales manager traveled extensively and the sales reps sent a lot of time calling on clients. I was frequently in sole charge of the office.
Great paying Job But a lot of layoffs.
Stockkeeper (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYDecember 3, 2013
Cameron pays well but has a lot of layoffs. It also takes 3 years before you get 2 weeks vacation.
Love working and learning new stuff
SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), HoustonNovember 16, 2013
Pros: good
Cons: non
Cameron had a lot of good stuff going for them . I worked for them so i could feather my knowledge with the mechanical side of the equipment
A group of employees working together to get it done.
Machine Shop/Plating Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Ponca City, OKNovember 12, 2013
Pros: safety is a promary concern
Cons: location is away form any main cities
The employees work as a team to get all customer requierments met.
Field Service Technician
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), North DakotaNovember 10, 2013
Conducting preventative maintenance in the oil field in North Dakota. Testing, repairing, and inspecting pressure relief
valves both in a shop and on location. Testing and inspecting flame arrestors installed on tanks and treaters. Inspecting
and cleaning hatch covers on tanks, and testing H2S levels while wearing oxygen equipment. I am one of the lead
Technicians – more... for Cameron in Williston, and we are the busiest and most profitable branch in the United States for our
Fortune 500 company. I am in charge of building relationships with customers and keeping them happy with our company.
I have only been here a year, but I have learned everything there is to about our business, and wish to move back to my
hometown in Idaho. Cameron taught me about how to use tools, dealing with high pressure, dealing with toxic chemicals,
keeping accurate paperwork, and being professional around clients. – less
productive
Electrician (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 24, 2013
typical day at work would be having a meeting and then going threw our days task. managment always takes care of our needs. co workers are great, hardest part of my job is that i dont get mentally challange at all. the most enjoyable part is knowing i have a for sure job.
Cameron Review
Shipping and Receiving Materials Handler (Former Employee), Berwick, LAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: advancements, benefits, pay
Cons: didn't have enough room for inventory freight.
I loved everything about Cameron. Everything was great there and I've learned a lot there.
no work/ Life Balance
field service technician (Former Employee), Rock Springs, WYOctober 16, 2013
Pros: truck, credit card, cell phone
Cons: poor management and schedule
On call 24/7, work 12 days on and 3 off, work around 100 hours a week

About Cameron

Cameron International knows how to work under pressure. A leading manufacturer, provider, and servicer of oil and gas industry – Read more