Cameron Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace with great people
Project Buyer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 1, 2013
A typical work day for me would include working with MRP to determine material requirements and then going out to the market place to source the required material. I also dealt with issues as in invoice payments for our suppliers. Also coordinating with the warehouse to make sure materials were received on time to meet the required delivery dates was a key part of my job as well.

At Cameron I learnt the how to be a productive project buyer. My coworkers were great individuals. I felt as if we were a family.
poorly managed, treat employees poorly....
assembler (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaJuly 18, 2013
Pros: pay for educational advancements, no real push
Cons: misleading, unproffessional, lack of respect for employees, too many employees, poor leadership
In the initial interview management glorifies the company and how the company sees its employees. They have opportunities for educational advancements and will cover the cost if successful. As a new employee they make you feel small and training is very poor in the assembly area anyways. They hire way to many employees and you learn very fast your only a number at this company. A lot of the time you would have 3 employees standing around you while you do your work, telling you other ways of doing it. Micro managed big time. Lack of communication from management to employees on the floor. Very unhappy work environment. Pay is poor as well... I don't feel they listen to there employees concerns or are concerned in rectifying them. False hopes with positions and poorly led. No integrity and lack of professionalism. Felt confused and misled right from the start. If your a motivated individual that has goals set high and are ready to work hard to get them..... I recommend you truly evaluate your decision before making it. At least in the Assembly department. Your kept at a very slow idle.
Poorly Managed
Field Service (Former Employee), Grande Prairie ABMay 15, 2013
Pros: company expense card
Cons: no hrs of service made to fudge log books
Worked there for 3 years felt like I was back in High School.Lack of respect and maturity among front staff and Co workers.Really surprised how un professional the branch was.Welcome to no life and forget your family only moved ahed if you where friends with the right people.I figured doing a good job and being honest would get you places not there.And for what the expected from you the wages where not even close to where they should be.And if you didn't work you day's off the would get mad and keep you from the field if they felt like it don't waste your time.
Terrible company
Project Manager (Former Employee), CalgaryJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: a few nice people work there
Cons: too many to list
Management lacks direction and makes decisions without thinking of the consequences. This Calgary company is being managed out of Houston and and they do not understand the Canadian environment. Customers are often unhappy with the incompetence of some Cameron employees and it is embarrassing for the other Cameron professionals who pride themselves in their work. If you are competent, they overwork you; while the incompetent sit idle. I doubt that they will get many jobs in the future. They undervalue good employees.

The best thing that I did at Cameron was to leave and get a new job. "If you value your career, you do not want the stink of Cameron on your resume". I was told this by more than one employee that left the company before I did.

January 29, 2013

Don't expect to work 8 hours a day. Don't expect Bonus. Don't expect a peace environment. Don't expect good management team. Don't expect good co-workers. I learned how to give excuses to clients.

Headquarters