Cameron

Cameron Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace with great people
Project Buyer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 1, 2013
A typical work day for me would include working with MRP to determine material requirements and then going out to the market place to source the required material. I also dealt with issues as in invoice payments for our suppliers. Also coordinating with the warehouse to make sure materials were received on time to meet the required delivery dates was – more... a key part of my job as well.

At Cameron I learnt the how to be a productive project buyer. My coworkers were great individuals. I felt as if we were a family. – less
poorly managed, treat employees poorly....
assembler (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaJuly 18, 2013
Pros: pay for educational advancements, no real push
Cons: misleading, unproffessional, lack of respect for employees, too many employees, poor leadership
In the initial interview management glorifies the company and how the company sees its employees. They have opportunities for educational advancements and will cover the cost if successful. As a new employee they make you feel small and training is very poor in the assembly area anyways. They hire way to many employees and you learn very fast your only – more... a number at this company. A lot of the time you would have 3 employees standing around you while you do your work, telling you other ways of doing it. Micro managed big time. Lack of communication from management to employees on the floor. Very unhappy work environment. Pay is poor as well... I don't feel they listen to there employees concerns or are concerned in rectifying them. False hopes with positions and poorly led. No integrity and lack of professionalism. Felt confused and misled right from the start. If your a motivated individual that has goals set high and are ready to work hard to get them..... I recommend you truly evaluate your decision before making it. At least in the Assembly department. Your kept at a very slow idle. – less
Poorly Managed
Field Service (Former Employee), Grande Prairie ABMay 15, 2013
Pros: company expense card
Cons: no hrs of service made to fudge log books
Worked there for 3 years felt like I was back in High School.Lack of respect and maturity among front staff and Co workers.Really surprised how un professional the branch was.Welcome to no life and forget your family only moved ahed if you where friends with the right people.I figured doing a good job and being honest would get you places not there.And – more... for what the expected from you the wages where not even close to where they should be.And if you didn't work you day's off the would get mad and keep you from the field if they felt like it don't waste your time. – less
Terrible company
Project Manager (Former Employee), CalgaryJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: a few nice people work there
Cons: too many to list
Management lacks direction and makes decisions without thinking of the consequences. This Calgary company is being managed out of Houston and and they do not understand the Canadian environment. Customers are often unhappy with the incompetence of some Cameron employees and it is embarrassing for the other Cameron professionals who pride themselves – more... in their work. If you are competent, they overwork you; while the incompetent sit idle. I doubt that they will get many jobs in the future. They undervalue good employees.

The best thing that I did at Cameron was to leave and get a new job. "If you value your career, you do not want the stink of Cameron on your resume". I was told this by more than one employee that left the company before I did. – less

January 29, 2013

Don't expect to work 8 hours a day. Don't expect Bonus. Don't expect a peace environment. Don't expect good management team. Don't expect good co-workers. I learned how to give excuses to clients.

Great learning experience
Sox Tester (Contractor) (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 16, 2014
Everyday i worked on reconciliations and IT Controls from 7am to 4pm. I enjoyed every task i was given because they were things i had never done before. Management was nice and very approachable. The biggest challenge i faced while on my job was the fact that there were no co-workers. I had to work directly with management which was a little frightening – more... in the beginning. All in all it was a great experience. – less
Giant corporation good for kissups
engineer (Former Employee), HoustonDecember 10, 2014
Pros: good for yes-man, kissups....
Cons: see pros
Cameron bought the smaller company I was working at, LeTourneau. To be fair, at the time of purchase, we were not doing really great but not dead either. As soon as they took over they started "digesting us" into Cameron, implementing their systems, policies, title rankings, etc etc... Interestingly, Cameron did not necessarily do the same with other – more... companies it acquired.
There were a lot of problems with our division, solution was not straightforward but fixing the problems were doable. They just had to get rid of the bad apples and clean house of garbage. Instead they waited and waited until things got really bad, and all of a sudden laid off about 80% of the entire division without considering the consequences.
It is a good place to work at if you are a part of good ole boys club or otherwise a yes man. If you are neither, stay away. – less
Nice place to work. You get to see and learn alot
Process Controls Engineer (Former Employee), Nitro, WVDecember 4, 2014
Pros: growing industry
Cons: away from home 60% of the time for week long projects
Not a lot of training, but there's a lot of on the job experience you will gather as you are thrown into the field.
nice place to work
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 1, 2014
Cameron, is a very good company with many opportunities. Nice gym to workout out to relieve stress. Excellent cafeteria serving healthy food choices.
Great company/ job security
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, texasNovember 19, 2014
Work load is excessive and salary is under-market.

Great benefits
Good Place To Start
Project Engineer (Former Employee), HoustonNovember 11, 2014
Cameron was a good company to start your career. Unfortunately, the responsibility does not scale well with the compensation. A great place to be if you're single, not so great if you have a family.
Great company with advancement opportunities
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 10, 2014
Great company with advancement opportunities.
Pros: career advancement, recognition, good benefits (vacation, insurance, etc)
Cons: management, short-term objectives of executives, instability
It's a job, and it has great potential to be more(career)
Inspector (Current Employee), Berwick, LANovember 7, 2014
Pros: a lot of work and hours avaible
Cons: schedule is not family friendly
This branch has tons of potential to be a place you will never want to leave. But unfortunately upper management push for production, by any means, will force you to rethink your choice of employment regularly.
Stable Company with Great Benefits
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 6, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: lots of management changes
Stable Company with Great Benefits. Management seems to change constantly. They preach "One Cameron", but various divisions do not work together so well.
I Learn alot at this it show me how to run the show.
Wellhead Valve Repairer (Current Employee), Shreveport, LANovember 6, 2014
I start my day by looking at computer to see what need to be done before the day was completed. I learned how to run the show at my station area and i learned how to drive a follklift. I enjoyed everyday at work.
Professional team environment
HRIS/HRSS Workflow Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 6, 2014
Pros: benefits
A typical day at work was very busy. The most enjoyable part of the job was providing successful training virtually and hands-on to HRBP's in regards to Org Management, Employee Changes.
LONG HOURS, NO CARE FOR YOU
VALVE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXNovember 2, 2014
Pros: get to go home sometime...
Cons: keep you as a temp for as long as they can, then fire you so they wont have to hire you full time
They use you to work long, hard hours and expect you to be happy about it. The safety department is constantly on your case and fire you for your first infraction and is unchecked themselves. If you voice your opinion, you're fired. They are mainly run by family members being promoted, even though they don't know how to do the job, and overlook everyone – more... else, especially if you're not related. – less
Cameron is a fun place to work
Night Shift Material Handler And Inventory Control (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: great hours
I enjoy the possition that i have but i can be come more with the company if my job was more rewarding finantialy.
Great work place with fantastic growth opportunities
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 29, 2014
Cameron is a great company with fantastic growth opportunities.
Good Company
current position Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TexasOctober 27, 2014
Pros: competative salaries nand flex time schedules
Cons: healthcare plans could have been better
Work day at Cameron varied from day to day because I supported the Subsea Sales Team.

My typical day usually consited of making travel arrangements, working on team expenses and coordinating meetings and keeping up with team calendars.

I was in the same group for the duration of my employment at Cameron. While my team shifted my job shifted with them. – more... I would have liked to have had the opportunity to grow more within the company.

My co-workers were great and I enjoyed the different pesonalities within the group eveyone had a part that made the groupn work as a team.

My job was not really hard but would have liked to have had the opportunity to be challenged a bit more.

I will admit that the most enjoyable part of my job was the flexibility because I have kids and when I had to be out was able to work from home. I had a laptop and was able to connect to all my files from home. This didn't happen often but am very thankful and hope the next company I work for is family oriented.

I enjoyed my job because everyday was different. Days were different because I started as an Administrative Asst and was being trained to take on a new role as the Sales Coordinator while maintaining my Administrative duties. – less
Productive and an okay workplace
Machinist (Former Employee), Berwick, LASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: long hours equal more money
Cons: short lunch
A typical day at work is working allday with one 20 minute break. I learned how to work a CNC Machine. Mangagement is favoritism. The co-workers are cool but some don't mind there own business. Hardest part of the job is when you are on a HOT job and being rushed. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get a job out the shop without any NCR.

1 2 3 4 5

About Cameron

Cameron International knows how to work under pressure. A leading manufacturer, provider, and servicer of oil and gas industry – Read more