Cameco Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Intermediate Mine Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rabbit Lake7 April 2017
It's all about safety, life/work balance. The benefits are amazing. I enjoyed the way everyone was carried along with the performance of the company and also the performance base bonus was encouraging as well
highly pressured and dynamic environment
Architect - Servers and Storage (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 March 2017
With the volatility in the resources market and especially with uranium, Cameco was always a highly pressured environment with a focus on cost savings and optimization.

Since joining the company, I witnessed two major down-sizing exercises where hundreds of people lost their jobs. While I understand the need to re-organize, it applied a lot of pressure to colleagues to ensure that they performed and achieved the outcomes expected of them.

Setting the stress and pressure aside, the organization was very dynamic and offered great opportunities for staff to accelerate in their roles. I was lucky to be one of those individuals and with hard work, I was always rewarded. I was promoted in a very short period of time.

Cameco was at the forefront of technology which made working in the environment extremely dynamic. Change was implemented quickly and you had to keep up with the direction the organization was taking knowing that it could change at any time.
Pros
Well managed company, great opportunities
Cons
Operates in an instable market sector
Good company to work for,
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  McArthur Lake, SK8 March 2017
Very happy to experience working in the mining industry. Have adjusted well with all team personel, shared my knowledge and experience within the company.
An interesting industry and workplace environment
UO2 Chemical Operator/UF6 Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Hope, ON1 March 2017
A workplace in which everyone is treated equal. Exceptional pay and benefits in the nuclear industry comparable to other nuclear companies.
Great Company with excellent corporate social responsibility
Div Planning Manager, Chief Civil Engr, Sr PM (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK Canada2 February 2017
Great opportunities for those who excel at their assigned positions. Managers with initiative and strong character are needed. They are positioned to grow in the immediate future.
Pros
Good compensation for good work performance
Cons
Management is stuck in the 1980's
Great Camp, management in flux
Planner (Current Employee) –  Mac Arthur River29 January 2017
As FOFO mine the camp is great, unfortunately the company is in flux. There salary is average to below average but have great benefits that balance the salary. There is minimal advancement within the company and management has minimal loyalty to its employes.
Good place to work, lots of off hours activities
Maintenance Technician/ Maintenance Planner (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK26 January 2017
A good safety Culture
Good opportunities for further education.
Great people to work with including the management team
Team Environment
Project Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK25 January 2017
Excellent company to work for. Provided appropriate training and educational courses as required. Paid for professional membership dues . Wellness program .
Pros
Lunches, Gymnasium, Picnics, Social Events
Productive and fun workplace
Maintenance Engineering Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Key Lake, SK31 December 2016
Every day was interesting and fun with new challenges. The staff are really friendly, and there's always something to do after hours. The food is great too.
Great company to work for
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Rabbit lake31 December 2016
Just make your plane on time show up for work and put in an honest effort and follow procedures always do what is required of you and get along with others
Pros
Free plane ride and meals
Cons
Away from family but sacrifices are needed
Productive and fun place to work
Mill Trainee (Former Employee) –  Key Lake, SK28 December 2016
most enjoyable part of my job was how friendly the crew members were. Co-workers were very good at training you and telling you about the mining.
good camp and great place to work
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Rabbit Lake, SK24 December 2016
camp is walking distance from the mill, people are good to work with with a great safety attitude. the place was put into care and maintenance earlier this year (2016). hardest thing is that most of the workforce was laid off and gets pretty lonely sometimes especially when your 2 week shift is just beginning. keeping the heat going is tough when its -30 out and propane isn't cheap either. A Cameco site should be using uranium generated electricity to power the mines, would be great for Cameco's uranium outlook!
Pros
free lunches and lodging
Cons
2 week shift is a bit long
Awesome place to work. Treated great
Temp A/P Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK10 December 2016
Great place to work. Everyone got along and helped each other. Always something fun going on. Management treated employees like people not numbers.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Temp
Best team I ever worked with
District Geologist (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK22 November 2016
I relish the opportunity to have worked with a diverse team of professionals at Cameco Corporation. I was able to learn and develop with making a great contribution to the company.
Pros
Good opportunities for training and advancement
Senior Safety Technician (Former Employee) –  Rabbit Lake, SK15 October 2016
I very much enjoyed my time with Cameco. The job tasks were varying and interesting which kept the workday full and fulfilling. I met many very knowledgeable, interesting, and pleasant people there. I received extensive training, which is extremely important to me. Rabbit Lake camp is a nice facility. While not new, it is very comfortable and the food is great, the weight room is exceptional.
Excellent place to work
Journeyman Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Cigar Lake Mine, SK17 September 2016
Great work, great work environment, great employees, great camp/food. Very friendly staff around camp and great work environment. Nice to be up north as well.
Workplace
Radiation Technician (Former Employee) –  SK13 July 2016
co-workers are uncommunicative, it's really unprofessional and hard to get my/our job done with it, leading to not getting our tasks done on time.
Pros
free everything
Cons
no night shift
Excellent work to time off ratio, great benfits and pension
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Rabbit Lake, SK12 July 2016
Not a bad place to work with lots of time off, lots of older people that should of retired years ago. Needed to spend more money on new equipment and new ideas.
Pros
Camp life, fishing
Cons
Long winters
Great Company to work for
Warehouse Supervisor/Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Key Lake, SK21 June 2016
Only downfall with working at a remote mining site is the time spent away from family....other then that working for Cameco is great.
Pros
Everything was very good working their
Cons
Long hours and fly in
Work Office
Production flight clerk (Former Employee) –  Rabbit Lake, SK16 June 2016
constant changes
I learned alot that I enjoyed and have taken with me to other jobs
HR was great to go to for advice
Co workers were happy and great to work with
When the job ended
All the multi tasking and changes daily

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cameco. Our community is ready to answer.