Our LAN/WAN Systems Administrator is an integral team member in our Cambrian Credit Union family; and as highly motivated IT professional, you will possess outstanding interpersonal and communications skills that contribute to the success of the IT team and our organization.
With a set of core values that help guide the service we provide for our members, we are eager to welcome a new LAN/WAN Systems Administrator to our team. If you hold integrity and honesty as high priorities in your career and have a friendly sense of competitive spirit, then Cambrian Credit Union could be the right match for you.
As our LAN/WAN Systems Administrator you will:
- Be a top level IT contributor/specialist performing a variety of tasks using a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Be responsible for the performance, monitoring and reporting of the Local and Wide Area Networks (LAN/WAN) including assisting the Manager, IT Operations in all areas of design and management of networked systems
- Be responsible for all enterprise services such as email, directory services, enterprise servers, enterprise backups, and enterprise storage.
- Work in a team environment providing training and assistance in support of desktop technology services as necessary.
What this role requires of you:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a wide area network (WAN) environment supporting multiple locations and showing expert knowledge of TCP/IP routing
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Local Area Network (LAN) working with vSphere 5, Windows server 2003/2008/2012 and ISCSI SAN technologies.
- Direct experience with HP Servers, HP SANS, HP & Cisco Networking along with professional designations supporting these technologies are considered definite assets.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) designation or comparable.
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) completed or enrolled in an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with a demonstrated proficiency in technical writing.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and maintain a balance of priorities
- Good judgment to proactively and independently solve problems and make decisions
- Provide ad-hoc support during non-business hours in response to systems support
- Experience with network test and monitoring tools, i.e. Solarwinds, WireShark, or equivalent
- Strong analytical & troubleshooting skills
What we offer you in return:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Health Benefits
- Career progression
- Professional development
- Community involvement
With a local corporate office and a network of 11 branches that includes commercial, brokerage and virtual banking divisions, we are an organization that believes strongly in developing and supporting our employees. We would love for you to give us the opportunity to tell you more. Apply today at www.hr.cambrian.mb.ca.
We thank everyone for their interest in Cambrian, however, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.