CAMBRIAN COLLEGE Employee Reviews

So far, my better experience in Canada
Cambrian International office assistant (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON7 January 2018
Cambrian College give me the tools to succeed in my student life and in my carrer. I really enjoy to be part of this institution. Cambrian College is a solid reference in the educational system in Northern Ontario.
Pros
Good organizational culture
the education enviroment was great
House Keeping TFEE (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON15 May 2017
I like working a the college and would love to again. It is a shame that there was a change in supervisors well I was there and I had no authority or decision-making ability in the student position.
Pros
the people in the company and the pay
Cons
change in managment
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON25 April 2017
I absolutely loved working at Cambrian! All the staff is extremely kind and supportive and it was really fun interacting with the students on a daily basis.
Planning and organizing practices and game strategies
Women's Basketball Interim Head Coach (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON1 April 2017
A typical day would require developing practice plans according to the opponents we were facing that week. I learned that being in a Varsity atmosphere as a coach requires the development and skill of the sport but it is as important to teach hard work and team work not only on the basketball court but in life as well. Management was great. Atmosphere was great. Hardest part was changing the culture of the team. Most enjoyable part was teaching the game that I love.
Pros
playing basketball
Cons
time consuming
Ok job
Business and Information Technology Professor (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON26 January 2016
Long hours for pay ratio if you're not full time. As a part-time instructor you did not get paid for marking, prep-time, just lecture hours. So basically you'll be making $2-$7 an hour depending on how efficient you are!
Pros
Good supplies
Cons
Pay is low
Simple, easy process
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON8 January 2016
It was very easy to communicate with the school, and to set up new clients. I was required to contact clients on my own time, but the payment for the hours submitted at the end of the pay period were quickly confirmed and money was quickly transferred.
Productive and fun place to work
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON20 November 2015
Awesome environment, and a fun place to work. I love interacting with the students and staff and being involved with all the events around the college.
You must be willing to put the time in for the students
Professor (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON14 August 2015
I enjoy working with young eager minds. The fitness facilities at work, are a good way to fit in your exercise with classes and a fully functional gym facility for a very reasonable price. As a part timer you initially have to put in a great deal of time to set up your courses but once you have a few years under your belt it tends to be quite manageable.
Pros
Gym facilities
Cons
Full time positions aren't very attainable
Productive and fun place to work
Web Content Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON18 June 2015
Excellent experience for students
Diverse work culture
Good management and co-workers
Good place to learn and gain skills
Good company with great working atmosphere.
Associate Director for Student Services (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 December 2014
I really enjoyed my time at Hanson International Academy. I will miss all of my co-workers, students that I interacted with and provided services too. I learned how to project plan, time manage, be a good leader, conflict management, and provide excellent customer service.
Productive and fun work environment
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON15 July 2014
For this job I get to work at numerous places within the northern ontario region. This job entails me to talk to people and pose as a branding oppertunity for Cambrian College. I go to events and represent Cambrian and promote the Lil' Big Rig. I am outside usually for 8 hours or more and it is mostly weekends. The hardest part of this job though is avoiding getting sun burnt! My favourite part of this job is getting to interact with many people of all ages.
Pros
paid breaks, free lunch
Cons
rain or shine
working while at school
Co-op Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON17 April 2014
Good experience while going to school had some practical experience in a school setting
Pros
lots of teaching
Cons
High energy environment,motivation and productivity
Business Development - Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON12 December 2013
Wonderful place of work however looking to move on to new avenues and experiences.
productive
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON10 December 2013
international issues , lockers , admission procedures , communication skills
Excellent learning experience
Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON12 November 2013
• Assisted students with troubleshooting Exchange Servers, switches, routers, firewalls, and server virtualizing.
• Applied my strong knowledge of Cisco switches, routers and firewalls on six case studies over three years.
• Assisted students by sharing my ideas with them, providing them with guidance and answering their questions.
best job i had so far
Mover (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON24 September 2013
great people,great hours got a workout at work. i had to do set ups and move office etc..
Pros
great hours
Cons
nothing
Challenging position as coordinator of A+ Certification Program
Professor (Former Employee) –  Sudbury,ON29 May 2013
As coordinator of this program I taught computer hardware and operating systems. I learned from my students every day. Most time was spent in labs and troubleshooting...the students loved it and so did I. The most enjoyable part of the job was preparing students for the career they had chosen for themselves. I had 32 months to help them change from kids to young computer professionals who were worth employing in the computer field. Some students chose to start their own businesses and became successful entrepreneurs in their technical field.
Pros
Great interaction with technically minded students
Cons
Positive and upbeat environment, always has tasks for me
Student Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON30 April 2013
Post jobs online received from employers and print out and put in job resource binders. Information booths advertising summer jobs and services provided by our office
Learned office skills, organization skills, group skills
management were assertive yet friendly and readily available for assistance
Coworkers are great :) always in a good mood
when students do not get a job they had wanted
helping students fufill their career dreams
nice job
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON16 April 2013
I always enjoyed my work.
I dont find anything difficult in my job
Its a great experience for me.
I learnt many things.
A fun, flexible place to work in between classes
Student Proctor (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON7 April 2013
A typical day at work would start with checking if there are tests to be proctored, if so lead students towards the designated room and begin the test maintaining student confidentiality. If there are not students, check to see if there are any tests to deliver, and if there is continue to designate mail boxes around the school. Once you are back return to the student proctor room and wait to fill out forms for students to book their tests.

The Glenn Crombie center assists students with disabilities, I have learned that there are different obstacles each student takes while going to school. I am happy to be a part of helping students using the center to aid them in their studies.

Our management are very helpful and enthusiastic workers who are always willing to help when needed. They are clear and firm on their decisions, which are appreciated when working with students writing tests.

There are full time co-workers at the Glenn Crombie Centre as well as fellow student proctors at the center. The center works quite smoothly and the staff is very helpful.

The hardest part of the job would be the number of rules per specific student; however we are given a manual to aid us in an outline per student which is easier to refer to when there is a complication.

Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work along other students and in between classes. It is a great opportunity at the college.
Pros
flexible with school schedule
Cons
multiple rules per students accommodation