Calvin Klein

Calvin Klein Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
excellent work enviornment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 14, 2015
i have leaned a lot from Calvin Klein company, learned to Interact with diverse customer base in person and telephonically. learned to Meet performance and speed targets. CK management s really good, one of the best people working for CK always so helpful and understanding.
Very open and honest company, with great incentives for employees.
WAREHOUSE MANAGER (Current Employee), Vaughan, OntarioMay 19, 2015
I have worked in retail for many years, and the company PVH which Calvin Klein and many other companies fall under the umbrella for have been a very up front and honest company. They have made it very comfortable to speak with anyone from the General Manager, District Manager and higher if there were any concerns or problems. The company has made the environment a very comfortable and enjoyable place to be employed.

The benefit package as well as the choice to sign up with RRSP and life Insurance shows the respect and commitment to their employees.
Love it!
Sales associate (Current Employee), Kanata, ONMarch 1, 2015
Calvin Klein is such an amazing place to work. The staff is all amazing and so nice to work with. It is very easy to switch shifts or have one taken if need be but managers are very good that if you book off time that you will more than likely get it off. Only downside is that you only get one shift a week and sometimes you can get none.
Teamwork
Floor-Sales Associate, cashier (Former Employee), Vaughan MillsFebruary 18, 2015
Working at Calvin Klein helped me gained skills such as communication, punctuality, working as a team. My staff members were like a family, always willing to help each other for the best customer service to our clients.
Amazing culture that translates from corporate environment to store front.
Co-manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 8, 2014
Calvin Klein is a growing brand and it provides affordable fashion with great quality. The company supports the stuff with adequate training materials and sets up associates for success.
Fast paced, intense sales environment
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Surrey, BCAugust 6, 2014
Pros: great human resources, good hours
Cons: poor pay for management
Typical day involved receiving shipment, creating daily goals and task lists. Completing audits and walkthroughs of the sales floor. The management was over worked and under paid but still well equipped for the job. Human resources side of things is awesome - a great company to work for. Treats their employees well outside of the low pay for management. The hardest part of the job was living up to visual standards with low training. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers and building a solid cliental that you knew would return and continue to support the company, because of excellent sales.
Alriight, would like something with more of a challenge
Employee(part-time) (Current Employee), VaughanAugust 3, 2014
Pros: amazing co-workers
Cons: not callenging
A typical day at work is not very busy, although I learned a lot such as, floor set, stock, sales targets, inventory, closing and opening registers, and more. Employees have an amazing relationship and get along. I always enjoy going to work and learning something new and also meeting customers that can really make my day.
Fun, productive work environment
Sales Associate/Cash Lead (Former Employee), New Westminster, BCJuly 17, 2014
A typical day of work at Calvin Klein included approaching customers and attempting to work with them one on one to assess their wants and needs. The goal was to not just leave them with a greeting from an associate but to make them feel welcome and let them know associates are there to help. When I first arrived at Calvin Klein I found it difficult to build up the courage to really go up to a customer and hold up a conversation, but the management team gave me the tools and encouragement I needed to better my customer service skills. They gave me room for growth. As months passed I began to find it much easier to approach customers. I found that the spot I enjoyed working in the most was the fitting room. There is where you really have a good set-up to seal the deal with a customer. They ask you for your advice on their outfit or ask you to help them pick an outfit for a certain event. It really gives you the chance to showcase your customer service skills. My co-workers were a big part of my development as a sales associate. Getting along with them and building bonds with them gave me more confidence in the workplace.
Friendly but hard work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 6, 2014
PVH does not care about their employees. Friendly people, but management needs to be adjusted.
Great Atmosphere and good clothnig
Sales Associate (Current Employee), TorontoJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: good discount
Cons: tedious
-Touch bases with the manager on duty (Sales goals, breaks, focus for the day and any important information)
- Clean and maintain the store prior to opening
- Replenish any stock needed
- interact with customers as a sales associate
- Cashier

- I strengthen my customer service and learned a new method and approach when it comes to customer service and sales

- the management was organized and very upbeat

- Majority were college/university students

- The job was not hard, but very tedious, attention to detail is a must

- My favorite part of the job was interacting with all the customers and new clients
Great company to work for. Organized and efficient.
FLOOR SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: the store was very successful and profitable.
Cons: experimental approach lead to several uncertainties.
As a floor supervisor, I had two priorities: overseeing the sales floor and ensuring the store's sales potential was always being maximized, and keeping the store up to company standard visually.
I also assisted the store manager with several administrative duties.

Holding the position was a great experience and a valued opportunity to learn how a company with a vast reputation and that is such a big piece of the designer and high fashion industry operates.

I had a relatively small but powerful sales team and an experienced and supportive management team.

The store itself was a trial for the company, our ultimate goal was to test the market of southern Ontario and gauge customer interest, traffic and product allocation. The trial was overall a huge success, however, Calvin Klein as a label feel their priority is reinvigorating the brand in the US.

The Windsor location was the first factory/outlet ever opened by CK. Performing as a visual in a store of this nature often brought challenges but it was quite advantageous from a sales perspective as we were able to use value and savings to boost our sales figures and further our customer service level.
Good
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New Westminster B.C.July 16, 2012
Great first manager but after her leave the quality of management went down and no payroll or admin was being done or being done correctly.
means to an end
Sales Associate, Team Leader (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 28, 2012
did not give me the feeling that i could establish a career with this company. very short ended. but i enjoyed it for what it was.