Calvin Klein

Calvin Klein Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Amazing culture that translates from corporate environment to store front.
Co-manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 8, 2014
Calvin Klein is a growing brand and it provides affordable fashion with great quality. The company supports the stuff with adequate training materials and sets up associates for success.
Fast paced, intense sales environment
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Surrey, BCAugust 6, 2014
Pros: great human resources, good hours
Cons: poor pay for management
Typical day involved receiving shipment, creating daily goals and task lists. Completing audits and walkthroughs of the sales floor. The management was over worked and under paid but still well equipped for the job. Human resources side of things is awesome - a great company to work for. Treats their employees well outside of the low pay for management. – more... The hardest part of the job was living up to visual standards with low training. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers and building a solid cliental that you knew would return and continue to support the company, because of excellent sales. – less
Alriight, would like something with more of a challenge
Employee(part-time) (Current Employee), VaughanAugust 3, 2014
Pros: amazing co-workers
Cons: not callenging
A typical day at work is not very busy, although I learned a lot such as, floor set, stock, sales targets, inventory, closing and opening registers, and more. Employees have an amazing relationship and get along. I always enjoy going to work and learning something new and also meeting customers that can really make my day.
Fun, productive work environment
Sales Associate/Cash Lead (Former Employee), New Westminster, BCJuly 17, 2014
A typical day of work at Calvin Klein included approaching customers and attempting to work with them one on one to assess their wants and needs. The goal was to not just leave them with a greeting from an associate but to make them feel welcome and let them know associates are there to help. When I first arrived at Calvin Klein I found it difficult – more... to build up the courage to really go up to a customer and hold up a conversation, but the management team gave me the tools and encouragement I needed to better my customer service skills. They gave me room for growth. As months passed I began to find it much easier to approach customers. I found that the spot I enjoyed working in the most was the fitting room. There is where you really have a good set-up to seal the deal with a customer. They ask you for your advice on their outfit or ask you to help them pick an outfit for a certain event. It really gives you the chance to showcase your customer service skills. My co-workers were a big part of my development as a sales associate. Getting along with them and building bonds with them gave me more confidence in the workplace. – less
Friendly but hard work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 6, 2014
PVH does not care about their employees. Friendly people, but management needs to be adjusted.
Great Atmosphere and good clothnig
Sales Associate (Current Employee), TorontoJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: good discount
Cons: tedious
-Touch bases with the manager on duty (Sales goals, breaks, focus for the day and any important information)
- Clean and maintain the store prior to opening
- Replenish any stock needed
- interact with customers as a sales associate
- Cashier

- I strengthen my customer service and learned a new method and approach when it comes to customer service – more... and sales

- the management was organized and very upbeat

- Majority were college/university students

- The job was not hard, but very tedious, attention to detail is a must

- My favorite part of the job was interacting with all the customers and new clients – less
Great company to work for. Organized and efficient.
FLOOR SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: the store was very successful and profitable.
Cons: experimental approach lead to several uncertainties.
As a floor supervisor, I had two priorities: overseeing the sales floor and ensuring the store's sales potential was always being maximized, and keeping the store up to company standard visually.
I also assisted the store manager with several administrative duties.

Holding the position was a great experience and a valued opportunity to learn how a – more... company with a vast reputation and that is such a big piece of the designer and high fashion industry operates.

I had a relatively small but powerful sales team and an experienced and supportive management team.

The store itself was a trial for the company, our ultimate goal was to test the market of southern Ontario and gauge customer interest, traffic and product allocation. The trial was overall a huge success, however, Calvin Klein as a label feel their priority is reinvigorating the brand in the US.

The Windsor location was the first factory/outlet ever opened by CK. Performing as a visual in a store of this nature often brought challenges but it was quite advantageous from a sales perspective as we were able to use value and savings to boost our sales figures and further our customer service level. – less
Good
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New Westminster B.C.July 16, 2012
Great first manager but after her leave the quality of management went down and no payroll or admin was being done or being done correctly.
means to an end
Sales Associate, Team Leader (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 28, 2012
did not give me the feeling that i could establish a career with this company. very short ended. but i enjoyed it for what it was.
Personal experience
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CADecember 15, 2014
Pros: friendly bosses. friendly co-workers.
Cons: short breaks. work on holidays.
Working at Calvin Klein was a good working experience. Learning about inventory and to communicate with customers was informing of how to be a good sales rep.
Great company
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Vacaville, CADecember 2, 2014
The Phillips Van Heusen company is great! They are warn and welcoming. They care about their employees.
good as a part time job
Supervisor (Current Employee), Rehoboth Beach, DEDecember 1, 2014
Nice company to work for. although I wish they could pay more.
The fun part is coworkers
Customer Service & Sales Rep (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLNovember 20, 2014
Pros: 50% off on cloths
Cons: same routine. management terrible at providing hours
Some managers really don't have people communication. Promotion within rarely occurs. Management disorganized
Management needs work
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Aurora, ILNovember 4, 2014
The management was not so great. Always picked favorite and also would not give out hours fairly.
Awesome clothing and Great perfumes....loved my associates
Asst. Manager (Former Employee), Folsom, CAOctober 31, 2014
Pros: working with a great team and learning alot about loss prevention
Cons: constant turn over
Open or close 5 days a week daily operations, deposits, counting the drawers for 3 registers, assigning areas and projects for associates re folding tables and doing the bank deposits. Welcoming and thanking customers, ringing and returns, customer service for both sales and complaints, shipping and receiving once a week. Time clock management of associates – more... and weekly payroll. Loss prevention and sales. We also constantly cleaned and refolded the store, checked dressing rooms and returned products to proper places.
I learned how to deal with "wardrobers" and "group distraction"a type of thievery and a lot of loss prevention. Different system of payroll, new floor resets, and how to measure for a properly fitting bra. Learned about perfume and how it mixes with peoples chemistry and personalities.
Loved my associates and fellow managers/ floor supervisors we always found a way to keep busy and have fun
Hardest part were the resets of the new product or displays in the store (no real clear direction or how to).
I really enjoyed the time I spent with my Manager and my associates in the store. We always had some sort of contest or promotion to motivate the employees. I loved helping people put together high end looks or picking out suits, shirts and ties for gentlemen to help them get a polished look for their occasion. – less
Stock lead
Stock Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 24, 2014
replenish floor,organize back stock,clean ,make sure all thing run
smooth for shift change..
Productive and fast-paced workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Central Valley, NYOctober 23, 2014
The Calvin Klein store located in the Woodbury Commons Premium Outlets, being the highest grossing branch in the world, is both productive and fast-paced. This high-traffic working environment promotes seamless cohesiveness amongst co-workers, as well as allows individual associates to display their personable skills in assisting customers in the most – more... effective and efficient way possible. Management at this store are sensitive to daily goals, and display leadership and guidance while providing enthusiasm. This, in turn, encourages co-workers to put an enjoyable kind of effort into their particular role within the store. While the hardest part of the job is handling the high volume of customers, the most enjoyable part is working cohesively with managers and co-workers in a fun and effective manner that both benefits the customers and the associates of the store. – less
worked for them thru an agency
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee), Mount Olive, NJOctober 8, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: discount on merchandise
clean great enviroment to work, you also get a discount on the merchandise
good place to work
senior technical designer (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 29, 2014
working day split between fitting on model and correction comments send to the factory.
learn more garment styles
good co-workers
hardest part of the job -missing communication information
but always enjoyable part to see good final result of your job
Good first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kittery, MESeptember 19, 2014
I worked at this job all throughout high school and had some good experiences there. I enjoyed the company of my coworkers, and the majority of the management was awesome. The hardest part of this job was having to keep a smile on and be professional when people were being rude. I enjoyed learning about style trends and organizing displays.

1 2 3 4 5

About Calvin Klein

Calvin Klein is one of the best known designer names in the world, offering a modern design aesthetic. The Calvin Klein brands – Read more