Callaway Golf

Callaway Golf Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Callaway was an amazing place to work.
RIM Technician/Department Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicopee, MAMarch 13, 2014
Pros: great benefits, great people, lean and 5s benchmark company
Cons: with unsure manufacturing future in us, sometimes layoff.... but hire back.
Callaway was an amazing place to work and make friends. I worked for Spalding/Callaway for almost 15 years, and I learned so much from the people there. They have a great understanding of Lean concepts, as well as an unmatched 5S culture throughout the entire facility. If anyone is given the chance to work at Callaway, take it; you will not be sorry.
Good employees
Maintenance (Former Employee), Miramar, CAJanuary 28, 2014
Overall it was a fun place to work. Drove in a golf cart all day throughout the three buildings.
fun and interactive place to work with lots of great people
RIM Molder (Former Employee), Chicopee, MAJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: lots of work, great people
great place to work with tons of benefits for employees, lot of great opportunities
Didn't realize what i had till it was over
Reaction Injection Mold Technician (Former Employee), Chicopee, MAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: great managers, great pay, and great benefits
Cons: the co-workers weren't all as great. very social and gossipy workplace
This was a fantastic company to work for. I acquired a lot of useful skills from training that was provided by them and I and very grateful. Today I feel like an employee with value and my credentials are quickly recognized when I send out an application with an attached resume. Thanks Callaway for all the great years.
Good place to work, especially if you are a golfer
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CANovember 5, 2013
Good place to work. Friendly and helpful people. A lot of politics.
Company was wonderful to work for.
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAJuly 3, 2013
Highly professional and demanding company to work for. Great experience working for a fortune 500 company.
Great Benefits and care of its employees until the end of assignment.
Quality Assurance Auditor (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAJune 26, 2013
A typical day at work: long hours standing. unpredictable schedule because we were scheduled in different positions daily. Even start times and end times were different daily
I learned: SAP, Microsoft Excel, People skills, Leadership, Time management, and more mentioned in resume.
Management was outstanding and knowledgeable of their duties.
Co-workers – more... were loyal till laid off and responsible.
The hardest part of the job were, start times or end were never the same and we did not have a consistent area to be at daily. This was challenging for employees with school and families.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the skills I learned and benefits. – less
Always Changing
Shipping Supervisor - International / Domestic (Current Employee), CarlsbadMay 21, 2013
Constant change and a different direction was always the course
Callaway Golf
Receiving Manager (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAApril 10, 2013
Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and recordkeeping purposes, Deliver or route materials to departments, using work devices, such as handtruck, conveyor, or sorting bins, Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue instructions for delivery – more... of materials. – less
Things have gone further downhill since the MFG. move to Mexico
Maintenance (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAMarch 14, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: management both upper and middle, built in mexico
This was a great company until they decided that money was more important then quality. The move of the MFG to Mexico has made them the one of best to just so so.

When Mr. Callaway was at the helm the company felt like family. He knew your name and about your family. He truly cared about his employees. Since his passing the company has been on a slow – more... downhill slide. Upper management only cares about money, middle management doesn't engage their direct reports. – less
GREAT place to work!
Executive Assistant, Finance Department (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAFebruary 5, 2013
During my years at Callawy, Eli Callaway was still alive and at the helm. Everyone was happy to work there, profits were up, parties were planned for staff, bonuses were generous throughout the year, and the "family feeling" was abundant even with thousands of employees. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. When I reached a plateau in my work load I – more... asked for more opportunities, and that is when I was given the corporate insurance program to manage. I learned very much while at Callaway Golf yet decided to leave once I had my first child. – less
Solid company with good benifits
Production Lead (Former Employee), Carlsbad,CA.January 22, 2013
Typically organized and balanced workflow in fast paced environment. Worked in several departments and learned all aspects of manufacturing process.
great people to work with
Assembler (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: free lunch and free t-shirts
Cons: short break and lunch
my first time working at the second job i didn't like it that much that's why i had to look for another job. but i like the job and my co workers.
Great product and fun to make and use
Operations (Current Employee), CaliforniaJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: fun product
Cons: small company
Huge project for the comapny on transfering hte plant from California to México.
It has been a successful site, already stable and with a strong structure to make it grow.
Many changes in the company have been complicated, but the whole organization is adapting and walking in the right direction.
Peers are great people to wotk with.
Loved working there, but...
Manager (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CANovember 5, 2012
I really enjoyed my time with Callaway. The people there are extraordinary and the management really cares. The benefits package is awesome and they really take care of you during lay-offs, unfortunately it feels that lay-offs occur often at the company and it feels like you dodge a bullet any time you survive.
Fun work environment, with great perks
Buyer, Supplier Mgmt, Material & Prod Planner (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAOctober 24, 2012
Pros: great benefits (insurance and product discounts), wonderful management
Cons: the industry was hit hard by the recession, as it is a leisure industry
In my time at Callaway, I was able to grow myself professionally and personally. Opportunities for promotion were abundant. If I had wanted to transfer into different departments, they were supportive and helpful.

My duties ranged from production planning, materials planning, purchasing, and supplier management. The supplier management component was – more... my favorite of all the roles I was in.

I left this company only for the opportunity to pursue my life dream of owning my own business. There were no negative feelings when I left as this was the best company I have ever worked for.

I would go back to this industry, and this company at any time. – less
Good Company to work for.
Demo Day Rep (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAOctober 5, 2012
Good Company to work for. Really enjoyed my work and working with the people.
Great learning experience with amazing co-workers
Continuous Improvement Engineer (Former Employee), Chicopee, MASeptember 14, 2012
A typical day of work included training employees in lean manufacturing, making the lead time on the production floor smaller by reducing muda, implementing new lean strategies throughout the plant, and created the first flow chart which was the base of the lean transformation at Callaway. I learned how to spot one of the seven wastes very easily and – more... how to interact with many different employees. Due to the economy and layoffs the union workers on the floor did not enjoy a new employee much younger than them giving advice. With hard work and dedication I was able to create a stronger bond with the union workers which made for a very great time at Callaway. – less
Productive work environment with several benefits
Welder/Fab (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAJuly 23, 2012
Pros: great benefits
I was responsible for maintaining and doing any necessary repairs on the
7 Callaway buildings in Carlsbad, CA. I worked on the special projects
and engineering team, fabricating parts for robots. This involved a
necessity to accurately read blue prints in order to create custom parts
that needed fabricated and to make the work environment safer and – more... more
effectively equipped for other Callaway employees. – less
Fast paceed company.
Central Plant Supervisor (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAJuly 22, 2012
Pros: resonable golf apparel
Cons: taking the manufacturing out of the country.
Was a good place to work. Taking the manufacturing out of the country has hurt the productivity of the business. I had a hard working dedicated crew. The hardest part of the job was seeing hard working dedicated employees let go and then the manufacturing sent out of the country.

About Callaway Golf

Big Bertha gets Callaway Golf swinging. With its flagship driver named after a WWI cannon,¬†Callaway makes premium-priced golf – Read more

Callaway Golf Photos