Callaway Golf Employee Reviews

Deceit is most common at Callaway
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMarch 8, 2016
The company views it's employees at completely replaceable even if they've been with the company for 20+ years. Management flip flops on every decision, and they are unable to produce realistic numbers for a sales target. Stay away at all cost possibly the worst company in golf!
Pros
the other reps are nice since everyone is in the same sinking ship
Cons
Too many to list!
great working environment
Supply Chain Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  seoul, koreaJanuary 22, 2016
Its a lovely company to work for with great working environment.
I worked as an assistant supply chain manager in Korea for about 4 years, and never had any issues.
Salary isn't so high, but workload was also not as much.
Mostly good people, hard work
Injection Mold Setup and Operator (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, NYNovember 6, 2015
Previously know as Spaulding, then Top Flite. Was a good company while owned by them. Fun place to work, good people and management. Safety, Quality, then Quantity actually went in that order there. Callaway bought the patents and 2 years later we all lost our jobs.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
company said see ya
Awesome
Senior SAP Principal Analyst (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAApril 24, 2016
Got lot of opportunities to learn and implement a lot of different business process. Collaborative and efficient teams.
Great place to work!
Sr. Executive Assistant to Sr. Executive VP & CFO (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAAugust 6, 2015
Callaway Golf was my home for 19 years. It is a great company that I will truly miss. I left many long time friends that I will keep in touch with for a long time. The CFO (my boss) retired after 15 years at the company, as well as working with me. When the new CFO came in he decided that we were not a good fit. So ended my career at Callaway.
Pros
Fellow employees and peers
Cons
I was not offered another position within the company, since I was a good fit for Callaway for 19 years.
Fun work environment, with great perks
Buyer, Supplier Mgmt, Material & Prod Planner (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAOctober 24, 2012
In my time at Callaway, I was able to grow myself professionally and personally. Opportunities for promotion were abundant. If I had wanted to transfer into different departments, they were supportive and helpful.

My duties ranged from production planning, materials planning, purchasing, and supplier management. The supplier management component was my favorite of all the roles I was in.

I left this company only for the opportunity to pursue my life dream of owning my own business. There were no negative feelings when I left as this was the best company I have ever worked for.

I would go back to this industry, and this company at any time.
Pros
great benefits (insurance and product discounts), wonderful management
Cons
the industry was hit hard by the recession, as it is a leisure industry
Great Benefits and care of its employees until the end of assignment.
Quality Assurance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 26, 2013
A typical day at work: long hours standing. unpredictable schedule because we were scheduled in different positions daily. Even start times and end times were different daily
I learned: SAP, Microsoft Excel, People skills, Leadership, Time management, and more mentioned in resume.
Management was outstanding and knowledgeable of their duties.
Co-workers were loyal till laid off and responsible.
The hardest part of the job were, start times or end were never the same and we did not have a consistent area to be at daily. This was challenging for employees with school and families.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the skills I learned and benefits.
Decent job for learning how to package pick and sort
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJanuary 18, 2016
Typical day at callaway was starting with picking then sorting followed by packaging. Learned how to package ship and pick big orders.
good compny
Associate Product Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMay 3, 2015
best company i had work for
the company offers good benefits, education,,friendly,some good management
great vacation packages
Pros
micromanagement
Cons
great benefits
Review
Expediter,Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJuly 10, 2012
Do multiple task everyday plus I do other people jobs if someone call and sick or on vacation. I voluntarily trained new people and give the proper training. I learned a lot about computer at Callaway Golf
Data Entree,Shipping /Receiving,inventory and many more.
Management is really good and treated people evenly and good benefits.Co-Workers are really good everybody get along really nice.Hardest part of my job When short of people specially on Holiday most everybody are on vacation.Most enjoyable part of the job when everybody get along really good and no stress.
Pros
the company provided free lunches once a month to all employee
Cons
the company provided 2 short breaks for 10 minutes
Callaway was an amazing place to work.
RIM Technician/Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAMarch 13, 2014
Callaway was an amazing place to work and make friends. I worked for Spalding/Callaway for almost 15 years, and I learned so much from the people there. They have a great understanding of Lean concepts, as well as an unmatched 5S culture throughout the entire facility. If anyone is given the chance to work at Callaway, take it; you will not be sorry.
Pros
great benefits, great people, lean and 5s benchmark company
Cons
with unsure manufacturing future in us, sometimes layoff.... but hire back.
Things have gone further downhill since the MFG. move to Mexico
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMarch 14, 2013
This was a great company until they decided that money was more important then quality. The move of the MFG to Mexico has made them the one of best to just so so.

When Mr. Callaway was at the helm the company felt like family. He knew your name and about your family. He truly cared about his employees. Since his passing the company has been on a slow downhill slide. Upper management only cares about money, middle management doesn't engage their direct reports.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
management both upper and middle, built in mexico
Productive, Fast-Paced
Certified Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, TXJune 10, 2015
Great company, diverse environment, able to interact and learn from others.Opportunities for advancement. OSHA certified, safe environments. Able to get overtime
Great Work Environment and Loved my job
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJanuary 29, 2015
I will say that working for Callaway Golf was a true dream. The company was wonderful to be a part of and I so appreciated the opportunity. Unfortunately, with the large changes in management and the new direction of the company that did not allow me to further the success that I had in the 3.5 years that I was with the company. I wish Callaway Golf and their team the very best.
Pros
great work evironment and great products
Cons
change in management
outdoor services helping new and returning customers
Outdoor Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 8, 2015
helping out new and returning customers to our driving range and 9 hole par 3 golf course. A great smile and positive attitude go along way with people. The management went through several changes before finding a guy that was enjoyable to work for and with.
Pros
free golf, practice range. coaching from the professionals
Cons
Management in the beginning
Productive, continuous workload
Order Management/National Accounts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAJuly 23, 2015
Great group of people within the company. Unfortunately the manufacturing moved and many jobs were lost. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility when it came to family issues.
Pros
Earned vacations and number of paid holidays
Cons
Company moving their manufacturing
Loved working there, but...
Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CANovember 5, 2012
I really enjoyed my time with Callaway. The people there are extraordinary and the management really cares. The benefits package is awesome and they really take care of you during lay-offs, unfortunately it feels that lay-offs occur often at the company and it feels like you dodge a bullet any time you survive.
Growths
Associate Documentation Systems Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJuly 29, 2014
the 17 and half years that I work for this company was a learning experience, I started as a MFG operator and work my way up to Associate Document Systems Coordinator. the management was outstanding until the owner of the company passed away. my co-worker were my 2nd family had great communication and we always helped each other out. the hardest part of the job was when i got lay off in 2011 and enjoyable moments at my job was when we accomplished every goals and superseded in all levels of demend.
Pros
recongnicion for good ideas, rewards
Cons
health care
Didn't realize what i had till it was over
Reaction Injection Mold Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAJanuary 14, 2014
This was a fantastic company to work for. I acquired a lot of useful skills from training that was provided by them and I and very grateful. Today I feel like an employee with value and my credentials are quickly recognized when I send out an application with an attached resume. Thanks Callaway for all the great years.
Pros
great managers, great pay, and great benefits
Cons
the co-workers weren't all as great. very social and gossipy workplace
Brand in Transition
Director (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAApril 9, 2014
New management team making significant changes and bringing in their own people. Arrogance and intimidation is the new corporate culture.
Pros
golf industry
Cons
golf industry