Callaway Golf Employee Reviews

Great fun company to work for
Demo Day Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New York and eastern PennsylvaniaAugust 12, 2016
Being a Demo Day Sales Rep has been an awesome job, traveling around meeting new people every day. Every day is fun and this job allows the opportunity for very hands on work. The only down fall is the fact that this job is basically seasonal and there is not much work in the winter months.
Pros
Millage, hotel and meal reimbursement along with great manager and coworkers
Cons
Seasonal position and sometimes long work days
callaway was a excellant company to work for
Supervisor machlne shop (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 28, 2016
when I went to work for callaway I was treated with great respect and I worked with 60 employees who work very hard, I learned to cope with employees problems and familys, the hardest part was working 3 shifts 6 days a week and getting calls when problems or breakdowns happened.
Deceit is most common at Callaway
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMarch 8, 2016
The company views it's employees at completely replaceable even if they've been with the company for 20+ years. Management flip flops on every decision, and they are unable to produce realistic numbers for a sales target. Stay away at all cost possibly the worst company in golf!
Pros
the other reps are nice since everyone is in the same sinking ship
Cons
Too many to list!
Awesome
Senior SAP Principal Analyst (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAApril 24, 2016
Got lot of opportunities to learn and implement a lot of different business process. Collaborative and efficient teams.
great working environment
Supply Chain Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  seoul, koreaJanuary 22, 2016
Its a lovely company to work for with great working environment.
I worked as an assistant supply chain manager in Korea for about 4 years, and never had any issues.
Salary isn't so high, but workload was also not as much.
Mostly good people, hard work
Injection Mold Setup and Operator (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, NYNovember 6, 2015
Previously know as Spaulding, then Top Flite. Was a good company while owned by them. Fun place to work, good people and management. Safety, Quality, then Quantity actually went in that order there. Callaway bought the patents and 2 years later we all lost our jobs.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
company said see ya
Decent job for learning how to package pick and sort
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJanuary 18, 2016
Typical day at callaway was starting with picking then sorting followed by packaging. Learned how to package ship and pick big orders.
Great place to work!
Sr. Executive Assistant to Sr. Executive VP & CFO (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAAugust 6, 2015
Callaway Golf was my home for 19 years. It is a great company that I will truly miss. I left many long time friends that I will keep in touch with for a long time. The CFO (my boss) retired after 15 years at the company, as well as working with me. When the new CFO came in he decided that we were not a good fit. So ended my career at Callaway.
Pros
Fellow employees and peers
Cons
I was not offered another position within the company, since I was a good fit for Callaway for 19 years.
Productive, continuous workload
Order Management/National Accounts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAJuly 23, 2015
Great group of people within the company. Unfortunately the manufacturing moved and many jobs were lost. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility when it came to family issues.
Pros
Earned vacations and number of paid holidays
Cons
Company moving their manufacturing
outdoor services helping new and returning customers
Outdoor Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 8, 2015
helping out new and returning customers to our driving range and 9 hole par 3 golf course. A great smile and positive attitude go along way with people. The management went through several changes before finding a guy that was enjoyable to work for and with.
Pros
free golf, practice range. coaching from the professionals
Cons
Management in the beginning
Great Work Environment and Loved my job
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJanuary 29, 2015
I will say that working for Callaway Golf was a true dream. The company was wonderful to be a part of and I so appreciated the opportunity. Unfortunately, with the large changes in management and the new direction of the company that did not allow me to further the success that I had in the 3.5 years that I was with the company. I wish Callaway Golf and their team the very best.
Pros
great work evironment and great products
Cons
change in management
Productive and fun to work, good managment.
Sr Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad CAJanuary 23, 2015
Shifts begin with stretches, enjoyed to work for them.
Worked for 3 different deparments, no accidents "safety is first".
Excellet managment and co-workers.
Change word hardest for challenging.
I enjoyed working there, supervisors are profesionals.
Pros
free coffee, easy to move between deparments
Cons
no cons
Growths
Associate Documentation Systems Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJuly 29, 2014
the 17 and half years that I work for this company was a learning experience, I started as a MFG operator and work my way up to Associate Document Systems Coordinator. the management was outstanding until the owner of the company passed away. my co-worker were my 2nd family had great communication and we always helped each other out. the hardest part of the job was when i got lay off in 2011 and enjoyable moments at my job was when we accomplished every goals and superseded in all levels of demend.
Pros
recongnicion for good ideas, rewards
Cons
health care
Productive, Fast-Paced
Certified Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, TXJune 10, 2015
Great company, diverse environment, able to interact and learn from others.Opportunities for advancement. OSHA certified, safe environments. Able to get overtime
Callaway was an amazing place to work.
RIM Technician/Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAMarch 13, 2014
Callaway was an amazing place to work and make friends. I worked for Spalding/Callaway for almost 15 years, and I learned so much from the people there. They have a great understanding of Lean concepts, as well as an unmatched 5S culture throughout the entire facility. If anyone is given the chance to work at Callaway, take it; you will not be sorry.
Pros
great benefits, great people, lean and 5s benchmark company
Cons
with unsure manufacturing future in us, sometimes layoff.... but hire back.
Didn't realize what i had till it was over
Reaction Injection Mold Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAJanuary 14, 2014
This was a fantastic company to work for. I acquired a lot of useful skills from training that was provided by them and I and very grateful. Today I feel like an employee with value and my credentials are quickly recognized when I send out an application with an attached resume. Thanks Callaway for all the great years.
Pros
great managers, great pay, and great benefits
Cons
the co-workers weren't all as great. very social and gossipy workplace
Review
Expediter,Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJuly 10, 2012
Do multiple task everyday plus I do other people jobs if someone call and sick or on vacation. I voluntarily trained new people and give the proper training. I learned a lot about computer at Callaway Golf
Data Entree,Shipping /Receiving,inventory and many more.
Management is really good and treated people evenly and good benefits.Co-Workers are really good everybody get along really nice.Hardest part of my job When short of people specially on Holiday most everybody are on vacation.Most enjoyable part of the job when everybody get along really good and no stress.
Pros
the company provided free lunches once a month to all employee
Cons
the company provided 2 short breaks for 10 minutes
Productive and fun place with ping pong table.
Flash Actionscript Programmer (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJuly 17, 2012
-The typical day includes a comfortable work environment with the facilities to get your job done.
-I learned how to apply my skills toward making a better product.
-My co-workers were bright, passionate hard workers.
-The hardest part of the job was controlling my enthusiasm for new product developments
-The most enjoyable part of my job was learning and playing golf
Pros
cool products, great facilities, smart people.
Cons
understaffed with high demands and tight deadlines.
Productive work environment with several benefits
Welder/Fab (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJuly 23, 2012
I was responsible for maintaining and doing any necessary repairs on the
7 Callaway buildings in Carlsbad, CA. I worked on the special projects
and engineering team, fabricating parts for robots. This involved a
necessity to accurately read blue prints in order to create custom parts
that needed fabricated and to make the work environment safer and more
effectively equipped for other Callaway employees.
Pros
great benefits
GREAT place to work!
Executive Assistant, Finance Department (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAFebruary 5, 2013
During my years at Callawy, Eli Callaway was still alive and at the helm. Everyone was happy to work there, profits were up, parties were planned for staff, bonuses were generous throughout the year, and the "family feeling" was abundant even with thousands of employees. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. When I reached a plateau in my work load I asked for more opportunities, and that is when I was given the corporate insurance program to manage. I learned very much while at Callaway Golf yet decided to leave once I had my first child.

4.3