Callaway Golf Employee Reviews

Great company but poor work/life balance and job security
OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  United States6 September 2016
I worked sales at Callaway for 3 years. The people there are great and the product has been a top performer for years. They release product much faster than the competition and keep the sales force constantly selling new items which doesn't leave much down time.

Management has favorites and there is a high turnover rate. Some territories have had more than 3+ reps in the past 4-5 years
Pros
Great product, great people, good pay
Cons
middle management, work/life balance, no room for advancement
great working environment
Supply Chain Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  seoul, korea22 January 2016
Its a lovely company to work for with great working environment.
I worked as an assistant supply chain manager in Korea for about 4 years, and never had any issues.
Salary isn't so high, but workload was also not as much.
Great fun company to work for
Demo Day Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New York and eastern Pennsylvania12 August 2016
Being a Demo Day Sales Rep has been an awesome job, traveling around meeting new people every day. Every day is fun and this job allows the opportunity for very hands on work. The only down fall is the fact that this job is basically seasonal and there is not much work in the winter months.
Pros
Millage, hotel and meal reimbursement along with great manager and coworkers
Cons
Seasonal position and sometimes long work days
Fun work environment, with great perks
Buyer, Supplier Mgmt, Material & Prod Planner (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA24 October 2012
In my time at Callaway, I was able to grow myself professionally and personally. Opportunities for promotion were abundant. If I had wanted to transfer into different departments, they were supportive and helpful.

My duties ranged from production planning, materials planning, purchasing, and supplier management. The supplier management component was my favorite of all the roles I was in.

I left this company only for the opportunity to pursue my life dream of owning my own business. There were no negative feelings when I left as this was the best company I have ever worked for.

I would go back to this industry, and this company at any time.
Pros
great benefits (insurance and product discounts), wonderful management
Cons
the industry was hit hard by the recession, as it is a leisure industry
Great Benefits and care of its employees until the end of assignment.
Quality Assurance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA26 June 2013

A typical day at work: long hours standing. unpredictable schedule because we were scheduled in different positions daily. Even start times and end times were different daily
I learned: SAP, Microsoft Excel, People skills, Leadership, Time management, and more mentioned in resume.
Management was outstanding and knowledgeable of their duties.
Co-workers were loyal till laid off and responsible.
The hardest part of the job were, start times or end were never the same and we did not have a consistent area to be at daily. This was challenging for employees with school and families.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the skills I learned and benefits.
callaway was a excellant company to work for
Supervisor machlne shop (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA28 June 2016
when I went to work for callaway I was treated with great respect and I worked with 60 employees who work very hard, I learned to cope with employees problems and familys, the hardest part was working 3 shifts 6 days a week and getting calls when problems or breakdowns happened.
Review
Expediter,Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA10 July 2012
Do multiple task everyday plus I do other people jobs if someone call and sick or on vacation. I voluntarily trained new people and give the proper training. I learned a lot about computer at Callaway Golf
Data Entree,Shipping /Receiving,inventory and many more.
Management is really good and treated people evenly and good benefits.Co-Workers are really good everybody get along really nice.Hardest part of my job When short of people specially on Holiday most everybody are on vacation.Most enjoyable part of the job when everybody get along really good and no stress.
Pros
the company provided free lunches once a month to all employee
Cons
the company provided 2 short breaks for 10 minutes
Deceit is most common at Callaway
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA8 March 2016
The company views it's employees at completely replaceable even if they've been with the company for 20+ years. Management flip flops on every decision, and they are unable to produce realistic numbers for a sales target. Stay away at all cost possibly the worst company in golf!
Pros
the other reps are nice since everyone is in the same sinking ship
Cons
Too many to list!
Things have gone further downhill since the MFG. move to Mexico
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA14 March 2013
This was a great company until they decided that money was more important then quality. The move of the MFG to Mexico has made them the one of best to just so so.

When Mr. Callaway was at the helm the company felt like family. He knew your name and about your family. He truly cared about his employees. Since his passing the company has been on a slow downhill slide. Upper management only cares about money, middle management doesn't engage their direct reports.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
management both upper and middle, built in mexico
Callaway was an amazing place to work.
RIM Technician/Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MA13 March 2014
Callaway was an amazing place to work and make friends. I worked for Spalding/Callaway for almost 15 years, and I learned so much from the people there. They have a great understanding of Lean concepts, as well as an unmatched 5S culture throughout the entire facility. If anyone is given the chance to work at Callaway, take it; you will not be sorry.
Pros
Great benefits, great people, LEAN and 5S benchmark company
Cons
With unsure manufacturing future in US, sometimes layoff.... but hire back.
Didn't realize what i had till it was over
Reaction Injection Mold Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MA14 January 2014
This was a fantastic company to work for. I acquired a lot of useful skills from training that was provided by them and I and very grateful. Today I feel like an employee with value and my credentials are quickly recognized when I send out an application with an attached resume. Thanks Callaway for all the great years.
Pros
Great Managers, great pay, and great benefits
Cons
The Co-workers weren't all as great. Very Social and Gossipy workplace
good compny
Associate Product Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA3 May 2015
best company i had work for
the company offers good benefits, education,,friendly,some good management
great vacation packages
Pros
micromanagement
Cons
great benefits
Productive work environment with several benefits
Welder/Fab (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA23 July 2012
I was responsible for maintaining and doing any necessary repairs on the
7 Callaway buildings in Carlsbad, CA. I worked on the special projects
and engineering team, fabricating parts for robots. This involved a
necessity to accurately read blue prints in order to create custom parts
that needed fabricated and to make the work environment safer and more
effectively equipped for other Callaway employees.
Pros
great benefits
Awesome
Senior SAP Principal Analyst (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA24 April 2016
Got lot of opportunities to learn and implement a lot of different business process. Collaborative and efficient teams.
Loved working there, but...
Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA5 November 2012
I really enjoyed my time with Callaway. The people there are extraordinary and the management really cares. The benefits package is awesome and they really take care of you during lay-offs, unfortunately it feels that lay-offs occur often at the company and it feels like you dodge a bullet any time you survive.
Mostly good people, hard work
Injection Mold Setup and Operator (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, NY6 November 2015
Previously know as Spaulding, then Top Flite. Was a good company while owned by them. Fun place to work, good people and management. Safety, Quality, then Quantity actually went in that order there. Callaway bought the patents and 2 years later we all lost our jobs.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
company said see ya
fun and interactive place to work with lots of great people
RIM Molder (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MA24 January 2014
great place to work with tons of benefits for employees, lot of great opportunities
Pros
lots of work, great people
Great place to work!
Sr. Executive Assistant to Sr. Executive VP & CFO (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA6 August 2015
Callaway Golf was my home for 19 years. It is a great company that I will truly miss. I left many long time friends that I will keep in touch with for a long time. The CFO (my boss) retired after 15 years at the company, as well as working with me. When the new CFO came in he decided that we were not a good fit. So ended my career at Callaway.
Pros
Fellow employees and peers
Cons
I was not offered another position within the company, since I was a good fit for Callaway for 19 years.
Decent job for learning how to package pick and sort
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA18 January 2016
Typical day at callaway was starting with picking then sorting followed by packaging. Learned how to package ship and pick big orders.
Great Work Environment and Loved my job
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA29 January 2015
I will say that working for Callaway Golf was a true dream. The company was wonderful to be a part of and I so appreciated the opportunity. Unfortunately, with the large changes in management and the new direction of the company that did not allow me to further the success that I had in the 3.5 years that I was with the company. I wish Callaway Golf and their team the very best.
Pros
Great work evironment and great products
Cons
Change in Management

4.3