Callaway Golf Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Decent job for learning how to package pick and sort
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAJanuary 18, 2016
Typical day at callaway was starting with picking then sorting followed by packaging. Learned how to package ship and pick big orders.
Mostly good people, hard work
Injection Mold Setup and Operator (Former Employee), Johnstown, NYNovember 6, 2015
Pros: good work environment
Cons: company said see ya
Previously know as Spaulding, then Top Flite. Was a good company while owned by them. Fun place to work, good people and management. Safety, Quality, then Quantity actually went in that order there. Callaway bought the patents and 2 years later we all lost our jobs.
Great place to work!
Sr. Executive Assistant to Sr. Executive VP & CFO (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Fellow employees and peers
Cons: I was not offered another position within the company, since I was a good fit for Callaway for 19 years.
Callaway Golf was my home for 19 years. It is a great company that I will truly miss. I left many long time friends that I will keep in touch with for a long time. The CFO (my boss) retired after 15 years at the company, as well as working with me. When the new CFO came in he decided that we were not a good fit. So ended my career at Callaway.
Productive, continuous workload
Order Management/National Accounts Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicopee, MAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Earned vacations and number of paid holidays
Cons: Company moving their manufacturing
Great group of people within the company. Unfortunately the manufacturing moved and many jobs were lost. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility when it came to family issues.
fun & friendly
Senior Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAJune 23, 2015
fun place to go to work every day, I enjoyed working with all my co workers, managers has open door policy, several work hours options to choose from
Productive, Fast-Paced
Certified Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Roanoke, TXJune 10, 2015
Great company, diverse environment, able to interact and learn from others.Opportunities for advancement. OSHA certified, safe environments. Able to get overtime
good compny
Associate Product Development Engineer (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAMay 3, 2015
Pros: micromanagement
Cons: great benefits
best company i had work for
the company offers good benefits, education,,friendly,some good management
great vacation packages
outdoor services helping new and returning customers
Outdoor Customer Services (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 8, 2015
Pros: free golf, practice range. coaching from the professionals
Cons: Management in the beginning
helping out new and returning customers to our driving range and 9 hole par 3 golf course. A great smile and positive attitude go along way with people. The management went through several changes before finding a guy that was enjoyable to work for and with.
Great Work Environment and Loved my job
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: great work evironment and great products
Cons: change in management
I will say that working for Callaway Golf was a true dream. The company was wonderful to be a part of and I so appreciated the opportunity. Unfortunately, with the large changes in management and the new direction of the company that did not allow me to further the success that I had in the 3.5 years that I was with the company. I wish Callaway Golf and their team the very best.
Productive and fun to work, good managment.
Sr Material Handler (Former Employee), Carlsbad CAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: free coffee, easy to move between deparments
Cons: no cons
Shifts begin with stretches, enjoyed to work for them.
Worked for 3 different deparments, no accidents "safety is first".
Excellet managment and co-workers.
Change word hardest for challenging.
I enjoyed working there, supervisors are profesionals.
best place to work.
material handler I (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CADecember 29, 2014
I had a wonderful time working for this company. they taught me how to use a box maker & helped me with my computer skills. my co-workers did their best to make me feel right at home with them.
Very good company
Credit Controller UK and Ireland (Former Employee), Chessington, ENGOctober 27, 2014
Shame my year contract came to a close. Personal matters was offered a job starting next year but need work again now.
productive work place
Production Worker (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAJuly 29, 2014
Lots of hand movement so u get hurt and company moved so no more work.
Growths
Associate Documentation Systems Coordinator (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: recongnicion for good ideas, rewards
Cons: health care
the 17 and half years that I work for this company was a learning experience, I started as a MFG operator and work my way up to Associate Document Systems Coordinator. the management was outstanding until the owner of the company passed away. my co-worker were my 2nd family had great communication and we always helped each other out. the hardest part of the job was when i got lay off in 2011 and enjoyable moments at my job was when we accomplished every goals and superseded in all levels of demend.
Very Flexible
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Denver, ColoradoMay 15, 2014
I was responsible for setting up as well as providing customer service at different golf courses throughout colorado
Glass Cutter
Machine Operator, Load and Unload freight tucks (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAApril 26, 2014
Great managers
Great coworkers
Practice safety first
Great hours
Brand in Transition
Director (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAApril 9, 2014
Pros: golf industry
Cons: golf industry
New management team making significant changes and bringing in their own people. Arrogance and intimidation is the new corporate culture.
Callaway was an amazing place to work.
RIM Technician/Department Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicopee, MAMarch 13, 2014
Pros: great benefits, great people, lean and 5s benchmark company
Cons: with unsure manufacturing future in us, sometimes layoff.... but hire back.
Callaway was an amazing place to work and make friends. I worked for Spalding/Callaway for almost 15 years, and I learned so much from the people there. They have a great understanding of Lean concepts, as well as an unmatched 5S culture throughout the entire facility. If anyone is given the chance to work at Callaway, take it; you will not be sorry.
Good employees
Maintenance (Former Employee), Miramar, CAJanuary 28, 2014
Overall it was a fun place to work. Drove in a golf cart all day throughout the three buildings.
fun and interactive place to work with lots of great people
RIM Molder (Former Employee), Chicopee, MAJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: lots of work, great people
great place to work with tons of benefits for employees, lot of great opportunities