Calix Employee Reviews

A company that has lost its soul
Finance (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CA18 April 2016
I worked at Calix for a number of years, and enjoyed the early years of my employment very much. I worked hard, with a great group of co-workers focused on building the business.

Over the past couple of years, however, the company has undergone a number of management changes an its culture has changed for the worse. As a result, many long-time employees have moved on and the internal environment has become increasingly negative and even toxic.
Pros
Good products. Loyal customers.
Cons
No fun anymore, Culture of finger-pointing and blame replaced the prior cameraderie
Datacom Solutions short lived
Telecommunication equipment installer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NE14 March 2016
my time with Datacom Solutions I was promised work around great plains territory but contract expired as soon as i qualified for insurance and matching 401k.
Pros
easy work
Cons
no security
Very erratic work place with wild swings of work
Principal Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA23 September 2015
Very erratic work place with wild swings of work ranging from undue pressure sometimes to uneasy nothingness on some other days.
Too many managers in the middle layer makes it harder for average engineers to perform their tasks,
Awesome learning environment
Lab Technician (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MN11 May 2015
Calix is a great place to work. I came in without much engineering experience, but after only a couple of months started feeling very comfortable. The equipment and software started to become easier to use and I started to become a valuable asset to the company.

The hardest part about my job is the sudden changing of testing that needs to be done and being able to adapt to those changes on the fly. I'm not typically one to let things go unfinished.

I love the atmosphere of the company and the associates I work with. The diversity here is amazing, working with so many different cultures and backgrounds is very enlightening.

I do like working for Calix, if I had to give a yay or nay to someone looking to work for Calix I would give them my full backing.
Pros
Free soda, fruit Tuesdays, Donut Club
Cons
Company is based out of California and split across multiple sites across the world.
Hi paced environment
Senior Payroll Accountant (Current Employee) –  Petaluma, CA2 June 2015
I've learned a great deal at Calix. The original culture was one that many could model. Employees are great to work with.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Too many departmental transitions without the support to make is seamless.
High dynamic work place with free soda for all.
Project Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Petaluma, CA11 April 2013
The day starts at 8am as engineers, employees filing into the building. Ends around 7pm for most of the employees. No one has occupied a separate office by himself. Everyone is in his/her own cubicle. The building is logically layout with many small conference rooms that encourage cross teams communication. This is a high energy work place that specializes on developing broadband access and highspeed data access equipment. The work area is relaxing yet fills with highly skilled engineers, PLMs, program managers and marketing team members.
I like the company for empowering individuals to challenge their best for topping their own performance and furthering company goal. It is a dynamic place that brings out the best of each contributor.
Pros
open area, open minded work environment
Cons
in the north bay area of san francisco
Professionalism, discipline and pure determination to suceed
Director, South America (Former Employee) –  São Paulo, SP1 July 2013
A very dynamic place to work, with a clear sense of purpose and determined management. Just starting in the international with and already with solid team in place.
I hated to leave
Human Resources Program Lead (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CA26 September 2013
I had to leave the company for personal reasons and dare say I will find a better group of people to work with individual contributor level or management.
Program/Project manager
Project Manager/Program Manager for EFI (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CA28 November 2012
Manage EFI project and program for new installation, help sell programs clients, manage vendors on installation
Great co workers
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA24 April 2013
Fun environment and most co workers are very appreciative.

2.8