Type of Assignment: Contract, Full Time --- (NEW!! Casual Time contract also available)
Length of Assignment: Until June 30, 2013
Description of Project or Company/Organization:
Calian is pleased to be a part of Canada’s healthcare industry. Our dynamic healthcare teams consist of more than 500 professionals providing premier healthcare services coast-to-coast at over 30 locations in Canada.
Through our Health Service Support Contract with the Department of National Defence, Calian’s healthcare professionals work in partnership with military healthcare teams providing primary care to today’s Canadian Forces.
The Calian advantage:
- Regular weekday hours
- No evening or weekend work
- No overtime
Calian is currently seeking a full time CIVILIAN Pharmacist for a contract opportunity at the Canadian Forces Base located in Cold Lake, AB. The civilian Pharmacist in this role is responsible for the provision of pharmaceutical services and support to Canadian Forces Members.
The successful candidate will:
- Receive, process and dispense prescriptions in accordance with CF policies and ensure the appropriate drug therapy for patients
- Ensure security procedures are maintained to properly store Narcotic and Controlled drugs
- Respond to inquiries from health care staff and patients on medications and/or drug administration and makes recommendations
- Maintain appropriate pharmaceutical / medical supply inventory and manages stock levels including narcotics, controlled drugs and Surgeon General approved drugs
- Supervise the work of the Pharmacy Department personnel
- Participate in outcome based drug evaluations and other educational / research projects / studies
- Ensure appropriate records are maintained of all prescription drug and client drug / medical supply information
- Review and resolve patient complaints
- Must hold a valid and current license with the Alberta College of Pharmacists and provide evidence of good standing
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy
Calian is the program delivery partner of choice for our clients. Our Business and Technology Services (BTS) Division focuses on four core service lines; Health, Training, IT Professional Services, and Operations and Maintenance. We offer candidates a range of full and part-time career opportunities within these areas of specialization. As we continue to evolve and to grow our business in the pursuit of delivery excellence, we believe Calian is "where you want to be!"
To submit your resume in application for this position, please visit http://www.calian.jobs , requirement #23162.
Please feel free to contact Kate Jeffery, Health Services Recruiter for Calian, to discuss the details of the position: 1-877-225-4264 x 373