Qualified candidates are invited to apply for this position directly by visiting www.calian.jobs requirement #24313.
Type of Assignment:
Contract, Full Time, Part Time
Length of Assignment:
Until September 30, 2013
Description of Project or Company/Organization:
Calian is pleased to be a part of Canada's healthcare industry. Our dynamic healthcare teams consist of more than 500 professionals providing premier healthcare services coast-to-coast at over 30 locations in Canada.
Through our Health Service Support Contract with the Department of National Defence, Calian's healthcare professionals work in partnership with military healthcare teams providing primary care to today's Canadian Forces.
The Calian Advantage:
- Opportunity to provide services to a unique population
- Inter-professional clinic setting, with a diverse team of health care professionals
Calian is currently seeking Laboratory Technologists to work at CFB Cold Lake.
The successful candidates will:
- Perform all required duties of a laboratory technologist in the disciplines of Hematology, Biochemistry, Urinalysis, and Serology.
- Perform calibration, quality control and preventative maintenance on all laboratory instrumentation as per standard operating procedures to ensure a high standard of functional operation.
- Perform specimen collection, including Phlebotomies, and handling as per established laboratory procedures.
- Instruct patients on proper specimen collection procedures.
- Preserve, prepare and package specimens that are referred to reference laboratories.
- Organize workload and process specimens according to priority.
- Process laboratory reports as per established procedures and ensure immediate follow up action for all abnormal results.
- Complete supply demands during departmental rotations for area of responsibility.
- Perform safe work practices by applying the principles of universal precautions and laboratory safety guidelines. Know and adhere to Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS).
- Assist the laboratory housekeeping duties (disinfecting of lab benches, disposal of biomedical waste).
- Must be a graduate of an accredited medical laboratory technology program
- Must be a certified member of the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS)
- Must be licensed and in good standing with the Alberta College of Medical Laboratory Technologists (ACMLT)
- Must be have a current WHIMIS certificate or willing to attain a current WHIMIS certificate
If you have the experience required to work with Calian, and would like to join a growing team and organization, this may be the opportunity for you!